/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #222

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/79v906/team_building_rant_thread_october_2017_edition/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry_instancing
khronos.org/registry/OpenGL-Refpages/gl4/html/glDrawElementsInstanced.xhtml
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb173349(v=vs.85).aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA
i.imgur.com/YW4hvJ5.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

Explain this, Shitizens.

Is this:
-Pro-CIG, meaning they're actively making a labor-intensive game unlike Valve
-Anti-CIG in that they're taking too long with with their game, like Valve
-Anti-Valve, for people salty they're not making HL3 at all

It means that whatever happens, SC will have it's commercial release prior to any sort of announcement regarding Half Life 3 as VALVE clearly aren't gonna make a new Half Life game
Kinda like the death-heat of the universe is more likely to happen compared to Half Life 3 ever being a thing
It's a joke, joke being that the SC project will be concluded before Half Life 3 (((would))) ever be announced

3.0 SET TO RELEASE NOVEMBER 5TH

Sauce please

Fucking larpers
All shit, no cuntent

>Ursa carries as much cargo as a Reliant

Reliant (((cargo variant))) was a mistake

Maybe they just reused the same building plans? Fucks there's dozens of clusters of identical apartment towers where I live.

The reliant was a mistake all around

I-I want the science variant and the news van to actually be usable..!

Well you see, the way procgen works is that they make legos and then put them into the hat, and the computer picks parts out of a hat and places them into the ground, if there aren't enough legos in the hat it will start copying the legos and placing them into the ground again.

I hope I explained it well enough.

The science version will be fine... As long as you don't plan on doing any science during those long QT trips as you won't be able to leave your seat.

The news van always seemed like a bizarre gimmack role that a Herald would be far better at.

>Sunday

This.

Its gimmick does nothing but make it even more vulnerable, literally no reason to do what it does.

But didn't Valve already say that they are never ever making HL3? You should change your pasta to SC releasing after Half-Life is announced, your current wording hardly makes any sense to me.

How can they keep getting away with this ?!

You know they do that in real life too, right?

>fools gold
but that's literally the entire point. You get the sensation of the real thing with much less effort
>noooo it should be trucks full of real gold!

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/79v906/team_building_rant_thread_october_2017_edition/

HAVE AT IT, /SCG/. TELL THE WORLD YOUR TRUE FEELINGS.

I WOULD REALLY PREFER IF YOU FUCK OFF FOREVER

these xians better have some really cool elevators

Go back to plebbit.

>OMG GUISE THIS LITERALLY CHANGES EVERYTHING

>I had doubts before, but now I know that CIG Frankfurt's mastery of the clone tool will surely change all the systematic issues and problems surrounding the game

>we will be able to go into each building! Roberto promised it!

>LOOK AT THIS BLURRY GROUND TEXTURE, THIS IS THE FUTURE

You shitizens are literal cretins. Roberto deserves to fondle your welfare bux.

>being this mad

>we will be able to go into each building! Roberto promised it!
kinda worried about that desu

>>we will be able to go into each building! Roberto promised it!

literally said the opposite.

Are you okay user? Did you really expect them to handcraft every single building on a planet-wide city?

Said the opposite after previously promising it.

Don't be surprised, user. I'm still waiting for the table tennis, shitting simulator and financial fraud minigame.

>after previously promising it
[citation needed]

>after previously promising it.
..no?

>citizencon 2018
>we have created a procedural building editor
>now every building in our procedural city is different
>crowd goes wild

user, you're not going to have a good time if you get constantly angry promises that were never made and statements nobody said are broken or proven false.

nice meme can you give me the privilege to post it on r/Veeky Forums

you think this is a fucking joke? It's going to happen you stupid nerds. Just wait

Alright, listen up retards.

Ya boi roberto is a failure of a man.

This shitizen project can only end in one thing:

Sandi running off with the money.

The fact people start creaming their pants over old, poorly executed geometry instancing says a lot.

You know why all the buildings were the same color? It would be the clones stand out more if they didn't, since the instanced geometry also uses instanced textures.

Enjoy your duplicated plastic models, surrounded by intersected boxes, all the same color.

>I give Star Shitizen two weeks tops before it crashes and burns.
-signed user, every other week

@194124516
You sure do spend a lot of time in a thread about a game you don't like.

As far as I we know currently, it does not have any kind of landing gear, they say it's too heavy. It can enter atmospheres and hover above the ground, but it can't land on the ground. It would be relegated to large space ports for things like supplies or cargo, or possibly whatever ship you have in it's personal hangar. I think, for cargo transport, that a Hull A would be pretty cool for this role. Fuck the Argo.

Trying to be stealthy within visible range of other players is impossible. Best bet is to have the stealth components exist, and I believe they said something to this effect recently in the Q&A about the Raven.

I don't know. I feel that actually having space between massive bodies like planets might have a positive effect, or it might not. We'd have to experience that space ourself in the Star Citizen setting to know if it would be any better, which is easily another year away.

yeah but it looks cool, nerd

>instanced geometry
>instanced textures

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry_instancing

khronos.org/registry/OpenGL-Refpages/gl4/html/glDrawElementsInstanced.xhtml

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb173349(v=vs.85).aspx

Hmmm

According to the new specs this thing has a dual S3 turret and a dual S2 turret now.

>the year is 2035
>star citizen is proud to announce the release of non-procedural, fully unique city-planet-generation tech for the planet of arccorp
>hurston and microtech are on the way citizens, we hope to have those in your hands by 2065

>According to the new specs
The new specs are utter garbage and can't be trusted at all.

Gladiator grew a new turret out of nowhere

When did they EVER say that they would create a planet-sized city of UNIQUE buildings?

Well, technically it says it got a new pair of regular S1 guns and the turret got upped to dual S2.
Buccaneer also got a turret size upgrade to dual S3, both Starfarers got +1 to all ther gun sizes (including pilot controlled), M50 got downgraded to 2 S1 and the entire Hull series lineup seems to have lost most of their punch. We'll see I guess.

Did Chris say anything about Earth? No way they're making that procedural.

>When did they EVER say that they were going to create a GOOD game?

I won't believe the changes until I see them in game. Well, I might believe the gladiator getting an extra set of S1 guns on the wings and get an S2 turret, because I suspect they're also removing it's turret slaving soon, so it'll end up having exactly the same firepower as before + a manned turret that's now fucking useless because it's on a small fighter and S2 guns aren't worth putting a real person on.

a-are you okay?

Are you excited, /scg/?

>Literally putting words into mouths

You don't understand, I expect them to handcraft every building and release the game 2 years ago. Why? Because they have 160 million dollars, we all know everything is possible if have 160 million dollars.

I imagine our solar system would be among the last ones they make in their first set of 10 - 15. They would probably be very close to detail and get everything made exactly how it is. It would be pretty exciting desu

>exploring jupiter and saturn's moons many moons
>fucking around on pluto or vesta
>taking a trip to mars
>going around the moon and checking shit out
>etc

It would be pretty cool.

>I expected them to make one of the most ambitious mmos in a few years
haha same o7

the Gladius is suddenly listed as having three S3s hard points as well, although that's gonna look moronic if they didn't move the nose gun mount back

Go have a look at plebbit, tardo. Then be free with your people.

Well, the nose hardpoint has technically always been S3. It just always has a gimbal attached and you can only put a S2 on it. The wings getting bumped to S3 was a much-needed buff though.

nah, it was always an S2 with a stupid special gimbal that didn't following the sizing rules. My CIG realized how half assed and confusing having a unique gimbal that didn't follow the game's own rules was

>with your people
>implying

>Anyone who isn't a retard is Reddit

>Mustang is reworked
>it lost all the unique design language of CO
>now has the same streamlined design as Aegis ships
>Pioneer somehow looks completely different from old design and new Mustang direction and looks like Homeworld ship instead
Chris won't rest until different manufacturers are completely indistinguishable from one another, will he?

B-but I like the new mustang.

Better than the old Mustang, it looked like a kids toy.

It does look good, it just looks like Aegis Mustang now. Everything unique that was in original design is missing entirely now. What happened to sleek, clean angular shapes that defined OC? It kinda looks like Aegis latest stealth bomber now, whatever the fuck was its name.

I can barely tell the difference between Holden and Ford cards irl, apart from the logo. Seems realistic if you ask me.

>ship manufacturer has 1 (one) ship to their name, which is only some 15 - 20 meters long
>somehow supposed to be extrapolated out to a 200m colossal capital-sized construction vehicle

They were retarded for going from entry level fighter to capital ship, but there really isn't much to take from the Mustang in terms of design. Also, the new mustang art looks better

>inb4 anyone calls it the mustang rework
unless if we see the working 3D version, it isn't a rework. What /i saw was a picture of what it should look like, not a demonstration of actual, in-engine updates.

All of their concept pics look the same, lets just hope the in game version looks more unique.

Cars* not cards.

yeahhh it ended up flying like shit. I love the look, but I ended up upgrading it for a cutlass. Very pleased with its new look.

>lets just hope in game version looks more unique
All around me are familiar faces, worn-out places, worn-out faces...

Hey, at least Paul isn't working for them anymore.

Vanguard and Sabre are the only cases where I would support another waste of time and money on revamp.

Sabre isn't even that bad, but I feel bad for Origin ship owners after the pauled 85x became the base for the new styleguide.

>be in group of 10 players in their own fighters
>each player hires 2 NPC "guards" in their own fighters
>attack anything 30 deep

Will there be actual in-game missions for players in groups this large? I couldn't imagine them being very common, but the prospect of large-group gameplay that isn't necessarily tied to just kill random settlements is something that interests me.
>inb4 they make jobs like this to legitimately kill settlements and outposts

Imagine the frames..

I can't imagine it would be difficult to scale up procedural missions to accommodate 10 shitters and their orbiters

???
Star Citizen already can support double that number.

Can it?

SC doesn't work entirely correct with 2 people, and at its current PU cap of 24 is unplayable.

"support" is a strong word.

I just want some sort of target markers. Either binocs or at least a laser pointer so ships can lock on to and fire missiles at ground targets.

For what it's worth, CR has said that unclaimed systems would still have a sort of system of government, but some planets would be stuck in civil war. Essentially, a few planets will just be places purely made for battle. It wouldn't be too far fetched to think that, at least in the cases of those few planets, there would be missions to hunt down and kill certain numbers of the opposing faction, or specific ships or squadrons they have.

that will probably be part of whatever Command & Control systems they have. I'm hoping for one that allows us to paint specific hit points on larger ships, so for example painting the thrusters on an Idris so that my mates know what to focus. AI too.

Will space whales be in the game?

they already are

that movie was cool as fuck

It's procedural generation dude, you can't avoid some repetition, the trick is to have as little as possible, and to make is as unnoticeable as possible when it happens.

>u n n o t i c e a b l e

u n n o t i c e a b l e

your mom is a whore

It will be disappointing, just like Sol in Elite. With the added benefit of landing in Earth only to find its worse than not being able to land on it due to it being procedurally generated.

>as unnoticeable as possible
Nice reading comprehension. Also the shit they showed is literally months (and by that I mean years) away from release, so there's room for improvement.
I know the cultists are retarded fags but you're not better.

If I want to fly a troop transport capable for carrying a combat-ready squad and perform sweet hot drops, which ship should I look at?

Sol in SC will actually have landing zones, abour 3 or 4. Mars and I think the moon will also have a landing zone. It will certainly be one of the most developed places in SC, hence it is a long ways out.

Earth by itself will have 4 landing zones.

Well, it's not like we have an IRL example of a single tycoon going from making car to making reusable space rock... oh wait, we do.
Elon Musk funded TESLA and then hired rocket scientist to make one of the most ambitious space program, reusable rocket.
And if you know he doubled that with a even more ridiculous colonization plan
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA

Guess what? They are building said rocket propellant tank.
i.imgur.com/YW4hvJ5.jpg
So Consolidated Outland is actually more credible than reality, at least they already knew how to make a jump capable civilian/military spaceship and built one bigger.

>s h i t

s h i t

Redeemer (after they rework it, unless they kill it)
Vanguard Hoplite
Cutlass
Or alien ship Prowler
You could also customize a Freelancer MIS.

I wonder if they'll do furtive drop pod that are basically carried like cargo until the moment you use them.

how does the ammo box on that thing contain any more than 10 rounds, let alone 1000

Stop talking about the ships as if they actually have independent designers. It's CIG, not Consolidated Outlands, that creates these vehicles. The guy who made the Avenger could very well be the same guy who is remaking the Mustang. Don't get caught up in the lore, bro.

Cutlass.

>implying shittizens can tell the difference between fantasy and reality