/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

LOL Edition

Upcoming servers:
>CATA (lmao)
Hades - 1x, fully blizzlike with pre-nerf raids and dungeons - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en
hades-wow.com/how-to-connect/

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ded

My guild wants to use Wowzealot. How do I stop them.

We could have been something if you didn't sabotage Ares, wpsg. We could have been something great again. We'll be nothing but shadows and dust after Hades flops.

Isn't Warmane better scripted than Twinstar shit?
>the absolute state of TBC development

Both are shit servers.
Nostalrius ruined private servers, just go play something else or join proven servers like shitmane

slap them with your dick

Did I read this correct?
>LFR will not work on Hades when Dragon Soul hits
Honestly, I like LFR as it makes the game more casual friendly.
I'm leveling a character as we speak on Tauri:Tauri just to get the good 'ol MoP fix of snappy dungeon grouping.

Everything in Legion is built to be casual friendly. Play that. I wont judge, it's probably the best expansion ever if you're a casual player.

Is it hard to get raid spots without committing to raid nights in Cataclysm?

any guilds on tauri

/Who "Whatis Love" - for a Horde English guild /w anyone who's online

You can pug stuff but most raiding guilds will expect you to commit to raiding times if you want a spot.

So i just learned project ascension will have a separate blizzlike wotlk server. They haven't decided on rates yet or if it will be pvp or pve. It's worth keeping it on the radar though imo.
Release is late november.

the ascension servers had dogshit stability. I wouldn't get your hopes up
>They haven't decided on rates yet or if it will be pvp or pve
imagine if they picked PvE lmao

i wouldnt play there if it was pve but i hope it is successful. the classless realms are kinda fun and they are something different at the very least.

Ascension is buggy as fuck and they're spending time making custom content instead of fixing shit. It might be better than GD by virtue of not being topheavy as fuck, but I guarantee nothing will be scripted in tbc

Ares will save us!

what faction we playing senpai?

Anyone playing on Tauri: Tauri or Tauri:Evermoon?
Just asking, because it seems a nice server with one of my favorite expansions.
And do you think waiting for Hades is worth it compared to Tauri?

Horde so far.
Might switch with some real life friends

IGN: Milx

So is their "Blizzlike" Wrath realm going to be classless?

I'm going to make my character later today. I have an inspector due any minute now.
Probably going to toll shaman, but might be warrior.

Let's face it - no legacy server can recreate the magic of Vanilla WoW;
so why not play something that is fun with less commitment?

Sure just add me. I don't know how long I'll be on today though

Please tell me Cataclysm is fun to play so I can wait for Hades.

>retail
>fun

What classes will be most needed come November 16th? Hunters, Mages, Enh Shamans maybe healers, tanks?

It will be my first time trying it as well, user.

Yeah it's enjoyable. The first half or so anyway.

Play whatever you want. It wont matter if you play a class that is in demand if you quit a week later because you hate playing it.
We have said this to people so many times but they still try to play classes they hate because they get an easy raid spot. It doesn't work out, trust me.

I like all the classes in this game, excluding druids.

because paying money to the shell of blizzard to grind artifact power while playing classes with fewer abilities than they had during vanilla is a bad idea all around

A lot of people say that.
Do your research, experiment of cataclysm servers if you can. Pick a class that has a toolkit that fits your preferred playstyle.
If you're set on rolling whatever helps the guild the most play a hybrid class so you at least have 3-4 specs you can switch to.

How does transmogrification work in Cata? I've never played an expansion where it's available.

Well I have my mind set on the two classes I'll roll on opening day, I was just wondering if some classes can get the short end of the stick in Cataclysm.
That being said, I've done loads of research on what classes are what in Cataclysm and later in MoP.
Will be playing a pure DPS class and a Tank class.

You can only x-mog items of the same type, meaning one-handed maces to one-handed maces, main-hand maces to main-hand maces etc.

You have item and you use it on yourself , it has to be in your inventory , so you have to store them in your bank. Drag and drop to slot from bag.

Gonna be rolling on Hades on the 16th maybe with a friend. Do I have to pick a server closest to me? NorthEUfag or should I go where everyone else goes lol

come to tauri bros
evermoon alliance has english speaking guild that's been clearing heroic raids
wwu

I like it. A lot of people who criticize it largely criticize the last patch.

What classes have you settled on my friend? I'm in between two classes myself and not sure which I want to play. I kind of want to play Druid but I like melee a lot more overall.

There's currently some kind of bug (?) on Ares that causes quest items and grays to drop at 100% rates or thereabout and greens seem to have increased too. Any good exploits you can think of?

Ret Paladins provide a 3% increased damage buff.

Warrior fits that bill if you’re wondering. Arms warriors are the bee’s knees and good prot warriors make good tanks.

everything works on tauri, come join alliance for heroic raiding

Ret Paladin was the other class that I was thinking of playing.

How are Arms Warriors in PvP?

I wish that I had the magical power to know exactly which spec I'd enjoy the most for Hades.

Arms has always been the PVP spec, Cata was no different. They fare well but that’s mostly dependent on skill level. Talents like Juggernaut and abilities like Heroic Leap made warriors more mobile than ever which was a huge plus, and you get some decent CC like Throwdown.

dont forget pre WoD second wind , under 35% hp you regenerate 3%/second I remember that being OP maybe I remember wrongly

but wpsg is horde?

nvm I was thinking of MoP second wind

If hades doesn't save us where do we go?

that perfectly scripted server with your favorite expansion in the sky

> 56 / 6 / 19 / 10
Well, at least we got enough people for raiding on upcoming Hades and Tauri, right?

If you faggots settled on an established server for each expasion, this shit wouldnt have died down.
Nostalrius hyping a bunch of normies up and inflating numbers to the point where people from this general migrated there didnt help at all either.

>settled on an established server for each expasion
GD guild - dead
Atlantiss guild - dead after killing Rag HC
BC established server? That would be, what, Hellground?
I don't think Freakz guild ever happened.

back when cata rolled around last time I stopped playing my priest due to chakra and because I didn't like the disc playstyle. I think I can deal with chakra but is disc so massively op that you'd be stupid not to play it?

The servers are only dead because of server hopping.
If everyone would atleast hop to the same one it probably wouldnt even be a problem.
Im not any less guilty than you fucks either

Wasn't GD exactly that?

GD is dead because no one wants to play on a server that is just about farming the final raid tier of the expansion.
Antlantis is dead for the same reason pretty much. Rag HC might as well be the last boss of Cata.

dead general

*kills u* dead user

*comes to general
*unsheats katana teleports behind you
*pssh nothing personnel... kid

disc is a bad choice with bad gear afaik and it's not really op or mandatory in cata like it was in wrath

I recall disc being very helpful on chimaeron, but I was played resto druid so my aoe burst healing was lackluster as fuck.

Lads, was my race trully never kangz n shit even once in history ?? I sincerely don't believe that

You mean african americans? Nah, your people came from the western coast of africa. Not from any of the african kingdoms.

GD didn't even get to the final raid tier, it died because we lost 3 or 4 raiders because school started and Senna decided to just kill the guild instead of find a few new people (even though you can gear a new person in under a week)

there are wpsg guilds as far back as 2012 newbaby

does tauri have a twinking community or enough levelers to gank?

>Atlantiss died for pretty much the same reason

Yeah, that and none of the numbers for classes and raids were similar to retail and it was a funserver.

Fire mages hitting 55k dps on FL :ok_hand:

is this fucking real
i remember on retail people barely started hitting 40k dps on ultraxion hc in dragon soul

Legendary staff was duplicating dots as the spell itself instead of different instances of arcane damage.

This resulted in horribly overtuned ignite stacking, leading to giant combustions. The fire mage in our group went from doing 29k in Baleroc to 50k in a week upon getting DTR.

current NA core confirmed members for Hades (Horde)

disappointing roster desu

where is shrek

tfw not on the list

+1 literally who NA fag

yes it is. loving warmane desu except MUH GS

>it's another "lets play with loot council of clique members on 7 years old addon" episode

Yeah, nah, fuck off.

dumb literal who poster

>being literal who on an anonymous image board is now bad
Nice clique, retard.

Why do y’all always go horde? It’s the majority side on virtually every private server.

lol? last cata guild was alliance

And that's relevant because...? It's not like everyone playing Hades also played in your last cata guild.

ok well a lot of people did so we're playing horde this time. next time a fresh wrath or bc server launches we'll probably be alliance.

Not gonna lie, it may just be a coincidence but I just happen to see every guild on a server I plan on rolling ends up being horde.

I actually like the races on Horde to be honest, but I hate joining the faction that’s already the majority and further fucking up the balance.

horde and alliance are fairly even in cata. horde racials aren't drastically better for pve like they are in wrath and tbc, best race for many classes is worgen, and every man for himself is the best pvp racial as well.

Makes sense. When I played retail Cata I had two undead, one Prot/arms warrior and a MM/Surv Hunter. Forsaken is my favorite race but the new class race combos were cool and made me want o try different shit.

I imagine Worgen, Belf, Forsaken, and Human will be most played. I need to stop trying to be such a fucking hipster though.

Evermoon.
/wpsg/ is mostly Horde on this server.

>tfw no /wpsg/ bros to get twisted with on halloween

For those interested, ascension has double xp till nov 5th now.
I'm so lonely

>twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en

Play Alliance, don't let the Ares incident repeat, then cry about imbalance when everyone went Horde.

>muh racials
Downplayed in Cata a good bit
>muh capitals
Stormwind/Ironforge objectively better than Org/UC
>muh lore
Anything remotely important story wise doesn't involve the horde.
>muh faction memes
Private servers are mostly played by adults I imagine. Everyone should at least consider trying alliance instead of hopping on the horde band wagon.

I missed out on cata, quit during wrath and then friends got me to come back midway through MoP, then quit again after WoD.
I've read that most specs are pretty ok for getting into raids in cata, is that accurate?
And is Hades expected to have a decent amount of people into arena?

I can't decide between enhance or ret, both sound fun.

Best and worst dps in Cata is like a 10% maybe 15% difference compared to WoD or Legion where the difference is closer to 30%.

Everything is viable and many classes have party buffs that make them desired. There are legendary daggers and a staff in Cata though, making rogues/casters top dogs when acquired. Getting them is no joke though.

That's what I had read but really wasn't sure if I was being memed or not, thanks buddy. That sounds pretty neat, means I could go whatever and not feel like I'm dicking over the group.
Don't care about the legendaries tho they do sound pretty awesome. Rogues with those daggers must tear shit up.

Hopefully I can play with some of you, it's fun to read up on shit now, some of it is more complicated than i expected.

but I prefer Horde