/acg/ - Armored Core General

The real Halloween thread edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BM20V76v3FQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what are you guys going to do today? I think I'm going to watch some horror movies.

Probably going to be playing Armored Core or writing that story I talked about

what story?

so this thing is coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=BM20V76v3FQ

Opinions?

Maybe some creepypastas.

Not my cup of tea, I don't like medieval mecha. I'm interested in Mechwarrior Living Legends and Dota 2 at the moment. Also, thread might die quickly because a huge update came out for Dota 2.

it has been a while since I played a MOBA

any tips for AC1, PP, MOTA?

i'm probably half way through AC1 and should finish it this weekend.

You might've already figured this out, but blading is super janky if you do it in the air. It actually tries to move towards your opponent, so it can help you land hits.
There are some massive levels and you will want to have a head with automapping. Press select to pull up the map.
From what I remember, if you miss hidden parts in the original, they don't show up in the shop for the expansions, so go back and make sure you're not missing them.
If you feel like using the Karasawa is cheating, and it is, Project Phantasma introduces the PPK, which is like a sawa with half the power and twice the shots, so it's a bit less cheaty.
Do the arena in Project Phantasma, it's a good source of money.
Generator and booster are the most important parts in the original, especially as you get closer to the end. You also have to be smart with your energy, so get to work on efficient flying by only activating your boosters for as long as you need to in order to keep your altitude, mostly. You will be platforming in the last mission.
Speaking of the last mission, you're going to want something with some range because you will be under fire from every direction while platforming. Consider missiles, you really don't want your FCS getting raped by sniper rifles.

bump

bump

Damn the new IT movie is so good.

Armored Core crossover

>crossover

is just a subtitlle? or is a actually crossover with something?

An actual crossover.

with what? let me guess, something with cute girls doing cute things?

Don't just leave us hanging man.

Well, you got the first part right.

I'm crossing over with Infinite Stratos.
Why? I have no idea.

I told myself I will never do this again but, I am soo starved for anything AC related that I am willing to read fanfics, just share a link or something when you are done.

Well, there's a story called "Armored Hearts" that I'm reading and it's easily the best crossover with IS.

I will share a link after I finished deciding on what generation of AC's I decide on. Too much going back and forth.

giving the general aesthetics and feel of IS, I would say 4 era, but 3 era has some potential too.

Yeah, I've been banging my head over the 3rd-Generation's designs to choose from for a while now. 4th Gen makes the most sense, but I have no idea how to the Kojima particles since they're radioactive and will kill everyone.

*how to handle

>but I have no idea how to the Kojima particles since they're radioactive and will kill everyone.

lazy solution, some new tech, or IS tech has the abilitie to clean KP; or limit their use, but when they are used everthing goes to shit, if we are going for a more serious plot

Yeah, that's what I figured it would come down to. Now I have to choose a design.

Last one.

>all JP mecha discussion here
Is there where I ask what the best Gundam games are? I want good single player experiences. Only played Journey to Jaburo and Zeonic Front on PS2 thus far but loved those.

Damn, lightweight snipers are fun.
On the other hand, autocannon tanks are as braindead as it can get.

bump

bump

I haven't played any of them, but I hear the recent Versus games are pretty great.
There's also the F2P online grindfest game if that's your kind of thing.

isnt that gif more related to "RL lightsabers"