/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1027 - Happy Halloween Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1VLp7Dp5FK0STEGXhfqyHaHjBOgdzecQHTdFrkRyzcEk/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=iyDHp8vtKLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sonic is cool.

Sonic is fast.

i cant believe blaze is not in forces

WE AT PUMPKIN HILL, YOU READY?!

Sonic is a blue rat

*spooky couples costumes*

Fulfilling a writefag idea from the writefag idea wall
>Honey shipping SonicxTails and realizing that Sonic is into Tails in girls clothing so she gets him comfortable with it so Sonic gets more comfortable with him.
>Sonic and Tails have always done gay pranks with each other at Amy and Sally.
>One day it goes too far

Not even gonna lie I had no idea how to actually interpret "gay pranks" and I wasn't sure if the first arrow was connected to the next one but I tried to work some plot magic

Happy Halloween /sthg/, I gift you the scariest thing of all, yaoi smutfiction of subpar quality
docs.google.com/document/d/1VLp7Dp5FK0STEGXhfqyHaHjBOgdzecQHTdFrkRyzcEk/edit?usp=sharing
If it wasn't clear in my writing, I really like Archie Honey.

What are you going with? Updated version.

Incorrect.

Have a happy sonamy Halloween one and all.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Good lord, what are some of those eyes.

>choosing any animal but bird

Stuck between Cat 1, Bird 1, and Hedgehog 1
Eyes 1, 2 or 3 because they're all kinda meh. Weird you can't go cyclops mode
Also can you at least change the mouths or are they preset as well?

Also, we are pretty much starting the Halloween session on our CyTube channel. Things are gonna get spooky and extremely violent. You ready? 'Cause I am ready.
Anyway the link is cy,tube/r/sthg. Replace the "," with ".".
Happy Halloween!

Girl version when

Birb waifu is for the second playthrough.

halloween holdu

> Bird 2
> Eyes 4
> Blood Red

Time to get edgy up in this bitch

Oh shit, thanks for starting it, mate!

>he doesn't pick random options for each level

I'm sure the Sonailsfags will enjoy this. Good work

umm, "cytu,be", no?

Cute, but let me show you the superior costuming options

user please

>I really like Archie Honey.
Why couldn't you use this for good.

Happy Halloween /sthg/

Yeah, I fucked up. It's "cytu,be", but "," is actually ".". I'm always mixing the dot placement up for some reason. Thanks, m8!

Do the girls have the exact same design, just with the addition of eyelashes?

Remember to eat entirely too much candy.

Well shit, that's the wrong version. Oops.

Anyway Happy Halloween /sthg/

What was Sonic Team thinking when they designed Rouge?

It’s kind of weird that my hedgehog won’t be able to have cyclops eyes.

tits

Wayyyyy ahead of ya

>Gentlemen, for this game, let’s create a goddess.

A treasure hunting rival for a guy that is described as having trouble with girls.

current, shitty abilities
cat: sticks with one ring after taking damage that would reduce it to zero
dog: starts with some rings after dying
rabbit: longer mercy invincibility
hedgehog: can pick up scattered rings

my ideal ones
cat: all rings count double
dog: wispon powers last twice as long
rabbit: has easier time stopping, reversing direction; all around more maneuverable and easier to control
hedgehog: curls up and can damage enemies when jumping
+reptile: can take damage without stopping, only slightly slowed down
+fox: starts level with wispon tank filled, all wisps in level now correspond to weapon
+shrew/mole (echidna substitute): can lock on to enemies and perform homing attacks more quickly

all classes can pick up scattered rings a la colors and generations

good or shit

>all classes can pick up scattered rings a la colors and generations

(Ricky-Oh) The story of Ricky on now at cytu,be/r/sthg

i respect your opinion but please explain why you think that

Forces already got patched so Modern and Classic Sonics can pick up lost rings as is. Not a lot of point in only having one OC species have that ability now.

Type 4 eyes remind me of 06 Sonic.

I can't help but think the animal abilities are all kind of pointless. Maybe they were trying to spice up the gameplay, but all of them seem redundant, and not worth using for multiple playthroughs.

Here we go

Some of those are pretty good, Rabbit improvement is good.

That's also cute, but have some more costumes

We /couple costumes/ now?

That's pretty good, would play that fantasy game. I don't have much of those two in costumes admittedly

Keeping in mind that the Buddy levels are littered with Rings and that this game has no lives which leads to no game overs I feel it would be best to have some kind of punishment for for letting an Eggbot charge its weapon for 2 whole seconds and getting hit by it or spamming your wispon until empty leading you to face a string of eggbots where things can go awry if you don't wire-homing-attack them proper.

*BEEP* Fucking *BEEP*

Best goddamm ship coming through.

If it means anything I'd been meaning to write something with Honey at some point. She's just very fun to write for and she was mentioned in the initial idea so I might as well have made her appearance worth something, you know?

I was going to do a bonus chapter with Tails and Honey actually but I'm admittedly mentally exhausted for the time being so that'll wait

Thanks, user.

but still losing lives in general (for lack of a better term) still interrupts the gameplay a lot
that and retrying still retracts from your end score

so determined players could still have something that incentivizes skilled play, but beginner players would have nothing major to worry about, and wouldn't get annoyed with being hit repeatedly

Silver in girl clothes is nothing unusual, Halloween should be more special.

Christ, they must've been joking around when they voiced Chaotix right? It's unbelievable how goofy Vector and Charmy sound.

I agree and I also wish to use an image of someone/thing sticking its index finger out that can be interpreted as a sign of declaration.

Sonic Adventure Mania Era when?

I got an idea for the HBH to come back. Eh? EHHHHH?

Have more spooky costumes in that case

I like this design a lot

Blaze must be in proper Silver's costume aka Gloves with Boots and nothing more, he he

>vector
>goofy

Fuck you man, Vector's 1950's Brooklyn esque Broad talk was one of the best voices he ever had.

I'll hear more of him when I play Chaotix's route, but that battle wasn't a good demonstration of his voice.

>No Werehog type on the hedgehog
It's not fair

When are they bringing him back?

when Eggman will blow whole planet into tiny pieces again

>When are they bringing him back?
When they bring Chip back.

He'll be back, you just have to wait for...
Sonic Adventure 3
Sonic Mania 2
Sonic Heroes 2
Shadow 2
Sonic '12
Sonic Forces 2: Izuka Rikes Back
Sonic Lost World: Zavok vs Bowser
Mario and Sonic: Olympics 2028
Super Smash Bros 5: Sonic eats another nerf

and then you'll have Sonic Unleashed 2

If Werehog Sonic had adventure physics with faster gameplay no one would hate him.

If werehog sonic were just knuckles and the battle music didn't exist, I'd probably like werehog.

Sounds good
White tummy please

Maybe someday.

Rise of Lyric's combat system made it so nobody has a right to complain about the Werehog ever again. Even if you don't think Werehog gameplay fits in a Sonic game, at least it's more involved than the kind of button mashing in Boom.

>yaoi smutfiction of subpar quality
Aww yiis, I've been waiting for this since the last one years ago.

Unleashed's combat system made it so nobody has a right to complain about Heroes ever again. Even if you don't think team formation gameplay fits in a Sonic game, at least it's more involved than the kind of button mashing in Unleashed.

meant to say i kind of am actually really looking for feedback so if anyone reading could spare some words (criticism or otherwise) that'd really make my day until Forces, attention is nice

What was the last one?

Sonic heroes' combat system made it so nobody has a right to complain about Sonic Adventure ever again. Even if you don't think team formation gameplay fits in a Sonic game, at least it's more involved than the kind of team blast mashing in Heroes.

eyyy wtf did I miss

Penders won his case against IDW over reprints of his work. Now the IDW Sonic comics are cancelled.

What are some of the better Werehog themes? I don't know why, but I never bothered to give them a full listen.
BADA BADA BA DADADADA

NOOOOOO!!!!

I'm not going to bother to check if it's true, but if it is, I'll laugh later.

Right now I need to concentrate on these gummy worms.

Ya like Jazz?

the Sonic x Tails x Honey one.

Miyamoto won his case against SEGA over reprints of his work. Now the SEGA Sonic games are cancelled.

Alot of the night themes are pretty comfy.
youtube.com/watch?v=iyDHp8vtKLo

Battle sections were paced horribly.

I feel bad because I was planning on playing Pumpkin Hill a bunch of times during Halloween, but I can't because I've got work to do. Oh well

ArthurxSonic crossover coming through

He's a rad rad bunny.

Good god, Roger's Sonic is amazing in Forces. Having a good script, a competent voice director, and a sassy attitude really brings Forces up for me.

fuck you

Agreed, I absolutely adored his banter in the game, for the first time in a long time he actually felt like Sonic.

Good on the sassy part absolutely but to me, he couldn't sound serious once. Giving the grave situation sonic was in.

he sounds a bit like a slightly more mature aosth sonic, but im not complaining

though i do wish he'd be a bit softer like how griffith was
the "emotional needlemouse" era was one of my favorites, but roger would likely do a better job voicing him

Spookiest zone coming up

For Halloween, requesting a fused Sally/Nicole going overclock full synth in a variation of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Chronos

I agree. My only genuine beef is that it doesn't seem like he can pull off the super serious moments well. Even Ryan Drummond was able to sound genuinely serious and heartfelt, but I feel Roger suffers from the same issues Mike Pollock does, when compared to their previous incarnatons: he's way too hammy for his own good, to the point where he can't not sound hammy and goofy.

Overall I did love him in this game though, he's got a lot of fun lines too.

Really the worst offenses of Forces dialogue-wise to me was Tails going "tru dat" and Sonic saying Infinite lost because he doesn't have the power of friendship, which was ironically one of the few bits where he sounded serious.

We must of been watching a different game leak then,
>Good script
It's on par with Lost World, but for every positive this has (Less pontac writing) it went just as hard backwards (110% bad japanese shonen dialog)
>Competent voice director
For the other voice guys, I'll give them the benefit of the fact this is the first game they had any proper dialog for, but this is the first time in a long while I actively cringed at the delivery being completely and utterly wrong whenever sonic tries to sound serious.
>Sassy attitude
See "Competent voice director"

is that Sonic Teams OC or is someones else OC?

can´t even tell anymore

Happy Halloween!

Better written Sonic, yes, but it sounds like everyone completely forgot how to properly emote. Playing it subbed in japanese is gonna be a treat tho

Nice!

I'm gonna go with Bear 1 for my first OC