/wtg/ - War Thunder General

APFSDS Is Still Awesome Edition

Previous thread: →

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZSR85ThysAM?t=8m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Tankettes fucking WHEN???

Soft targets in tank battles to make use of HE and MGs and allow more modes than domination when.

>people constantly posting the he177
>think it's some one off prototype and it's just classic naziboo whining
>number built: 1,169

BTR best AA.

and barely any of them actually worked.
So yes, it is more whining

I agree. The projectile velocity makes it so easy to just hose down anything in the area. I use it in 7.3 to much better effect than the 37mm shit. Top tier is still ruled by the Shilka, though.

+5GE

>and barely any of them actually worked.
when did that stop anything from being added

played for a few hours using a coworkers oculus rift. have to say that was the most fun i've ever had playing video games.

>paper-thin shitbox that can't pen anything

Not even suitable for tier 1.

>shooting at planes with it
>not going on a murderspree and shooting everyone you find in the sides until their crew turns to mulch

Moscow turned into a sheet of glass when?

>3k GE laying around for like two years
>notice sale
>get H8K2, A7M1 and Ki-100 II

Which one am I going to regret?

Can i find the Gaijin sources saying the He100 had only 3 mg17s?

A7M1 is by far the best of those, since it's actually good. However, as you are a subhuman retard who likes anthropomorphizing vehicles as cartoon girls, I suggest you buy your waifu.

>when two wins puts you in the top 20 and two losses drops you out of the running

>try to fly my 129 B-3
>Norway
I want this fucking map to be deleted so badly

Maybe it'll be better once boats come out and they update the damage model for ships to be damaged by large caliber anti-shipping guns

>gaijin
>fixing anything
yeah fucking right
It'd be awesome to kill the AA guns on AI ships, or kill them with anti-shipping guns, but there's a better chance they'll just nerf the guns when the shipfags start screeching like the tankbabies whenever they get deleted

Anything but high speed dive bombing will be suicide vs DD's and anything larger.

>more red slav planes
oh yes

>when the shipfags start screeching

It's the other way around. In reality nobody ever attacked ships in lone planes. How do you think it's going to work in laser guided turrets thunder?

Giant game mode on a giant map featuring all three modes of War Thunder when? Just it make it an absolute shitstorm of multiple objectives from all three modes with a massive amount of players.

This game is practically geared for it now.

>he bought the KV-122
>he didn't just buy a talisman for the 5.7 IS-2 which is better in every single way over the KV-122
holyfuck you're stupid

IRL there were more ships to shoot than destroyers floating still in close formation

literally never. How would you balance ships being able to fire massed batteries of 5 inch guns at tanks?

They can barely get RB EC working for a few days at a time, and you think these vodka rats could get something that big and cool even close to functioning properly?

I mean you wouldn't.

But optimally you wouldn't force tanks into that situation, at least without friendly ships or something.

>shipfags
>ever needing to screech about AA
lmao thats a good one.

I mean ideally just take an air RB map and make the tanks and ships in that player-controlled. You'd need huge teams though but I could see it working. Would also provide soft targets for tanks which pretty much doesn't exist at the moment.

youtu.be/ZSR85ThysAM?t=8m1s

Shit's gonna be funny.

Don't have it. I'm using the KV-122 to grind out rank 3 and above. It's working decently.

Ship guns are massively overestimated. 5-inch guns are only 127mm, and because slav game ))) probably couldn't penetrate top tier tanks because ))). Cruisers are what'll be the problem when they're added.

>Japan fights germany
>Britain doesn't fight US

88mm shells weight was around 9kg. 127mm navy AP rounds are around 23kg.

check out the Russian 130mm which is on the destroyer because it is already in su-100y

152mm shells weigh upwards of 50kg.

The one we have is supposed to have one 20-mm and 2 mg17's, the propeller hub hole is just as big as the He-112 's which has a 20-mm. It's also listed on wikipedia as having one 20-mm.
There also was some prototype with like 6 guns or something like that.

the one russia got for testing had 3 7mms though
sorry tovarish ))))

good goyim manyak! Patience is for j-...I mean fools! haha!

I'm perfectly happy to spend my money to avoid the absolute torture that is the tank grind. I realise and accept that this makes me a good goy, but fuck it. Life is too short to spend it playing videogames so you can play videogames.

>night maps

Why don't you play for fun instead of focusing so much on the grind?

SIMPLE CHANGES TO FIX TANKS:

>disable spawnpoint gain while in heavies or tank destroyers to discourage use
>remove spawnpoint gain from capping points
>remove hovercam, make cam behavior like sim

Because I really want to get to the Maus but low tiers give such little RP that I'm forced to play 7.0 but at the same time that's hell because the matchmaking system is a joke.

I'm the KV-122 retard, and I do both. I mostly play for fun, but it's nice to see that progress is being made, since variety helps.

Oh yeah, I forgot

>belts containing AP for SPAA in excess of 20mm jack the spawn cost up to the same as a plane with bombs

disagree with everything except sim view only. what about the gun cam? Actual sight placement or how it is right now.

Someday we'll have a massive battle running from Norway to North Africa and Britain to Berlin with ships battling in the Baltic, North Atlantic, and Mediterranean while tankfags fight in the deserts, forests, and mountains and planes fly over it all looking for ground targets or bombing strategic factories or killing the players that are doing those things.
Then they'd have a Berlin to Moscow map and a Pacific map and a Korea map and everything would be perfect.
In reality this game will be dead or irreparably different for the worse by 2020.

Don't care, just that people have to turret down properly to perform ambushes instead of being able to swing their camera around corners.

i have 1500 games in the 109 F-4 because i like it

>Vautour at 8.0

>205 on the tournament scoreboard
i knew i was not gonna get it but i am still sad

That would also affect gun cam because for instance, Sherman has it's gun sight out the top while German and Soviet ones are parallel to the gun so it could see over hills or wall while pz's and t-34 couldn't

still have a chance once they ban cheaters.

>24th on the leaderboard
>only played 23 games
feels good

>one last win puts me in the top 50
>me and ally vs final enemy panther
>shoot him and knock out his gunner and several modules
>he shot at the same time and I explode
>teammate behind me sits there undamaged and does absolutely nothing, turning his turret back and forth trying to find the guy who is 25 yards away in front of him
>panther shoots and kills him
>knocked down to ~80th place

How many daily tasks add up to the TB-3? You need 3,000 points and the tasks seem to give either 50 or 100 points, but I have no idea how they determine that.

oh how the mighty have fallen

>its a Ki-44 Otsu dives on your PBY and deletes you with his 40mm episode

here's to another year of war thunder

you and me both

i only have like 330~ days left, but there will probably a bundle or two i buy in 2018 which will help me coast into next year's sales

>the good goy life

>haven't had premium since early 2015
>Consider buying premium
>Remember I have Rank V in all nations aircraft and rank IV-V in German, Russian and American tanks
>The only reason I'd buy premium is to get planes and tanks I don't want and to grind out modules
>I don't play nearly enough to justify buying premium JUST for modules

It's just so fucking convenient to gain so much RP and so many Lions, though. Getting the modules I want for my J7W1 is taking forever. I miss 2x XP on first win of the day.

I finally unlocked it!

>"50% off"
>still need to buy the 49 dollar pack
>*CANADIAN ANTHEM PLAYS*
>75.77 CAD

Nice job dude

Was gonna go ham on one of the tier 9s but figured it wasn't worth it since I don't even really like high tier memes.

Bagelpanzer looks cool
At this point I'm just interested in what Japan gets and what the French will get.

Why is this game still filled with horse fuckers? Every other plane has REAF in front of the name.

What happens if a plane gets hit by a ~105mm AP round?

I don't see them as much anymore. It's weird to think that MLP was popular half a decade ago.

Nothing, probably. It would leave a 105mm shaped hole in whatever section it hits, and if that section is just a wing or something then not a lot will happen as a result. A 105mm round hitting the engine would probably cause some serious shit, though.

or a wing spar

Pretty sure I just watched a IL-2 get deleted by a P.108A using the 102mm with AP. On the replay I just saw a puff and the IL-2s wing fly off

I think a large enough round can transfer a bunch of energy into the aircraft, too. I know an 88 mm APCR round is about 7.5kg and moves at 1,100m/s. I'm not sure how much a 105 mm AP round weighs or how fast it travels, but imagine a 10kg projectile hitting an aircraft at several times the speed of sound.

I knocked a P-47 out of the air with a 50mm AP round from my Me-410 once. As in, he entered a spin and couldn't recover despite taking no "damage" to speak of.

>F4U-4
>dodging meatballs from a G.55S
>pull slight negative g while rolling
>wing INSTANTLY shears off

Oh my fuck it's the F9F-8 all over again.

I fucking hate this cancer map. I tell myself every time that next time I get it I'm going to bail but I always say "maybe this time will be different" but then I end up wasting another hour for not even 2k rp.

Should've won the war

Ate a 115mm APFSDS to my Mig15's fuselage. Just turned it black, didn't really do anything besides that.

>launch from steam
>this happens

>launching onto the dev when it's not open

What plane do I fly if I want to go fast and outspeed everyone with my speed?

HARD MODE: NO JETS

BONUS: IS FAST AT HIGH ALTITUDE AS WELL AS LOW

TB-3

J7W1 or P-51. Yak-3P too.

J7W1

What is the armament on those planes like?

I've only flown Germany and early Russia

J7W1 has 4x30mm on the nose, some of the best cannons in the game in terms of muzzle velocity, damage and accuracy. However, they only have 60 rounds per gun and aren't amazing without upgrades. The J7W1 also climbs like absolute shit.

The P-51D series has 6x12.7mm, and those are massively over-performing at the moment.

The Yak-3P has 3x20mm, those being Russian 20mm cannons, so they're arguably the best 20mm cannons in the game now that Hispanos are shit again.

F-82E

Does reporting players via the website replay actually work?

Depends, long answer is ___________________________________________kys___________________________________________

So it was you that tkd me?

Yes, but you're a fag. So it's okay.

please stop replying to my bants, imposter. Thanks.

where is the code for the M8 Greyhound?

up my ass
take a look

Doesn't work

if I did that, all I would see is semen and used condoms, so no thank you i'm good

are you implying that I don't keep my bussy in pristine condition for my gf (male)?

yes

>Haven't had a trap gf to bully and fuck into submission for over 3 years

Sad, fuck you Olivia.