/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

thunderbirdstrike.com
store.steampowered.com/app/477870/Yomawari_Night_Alone/
store.steampowered.com/app/396530/Fireflies/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4RZuG5NtVc
twitter.com/SukebanGames/status/925365834670751744
store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=7107
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no rimworld

Wait, what? I thought Baba is you had been out for years now

Only the demo.

Ib, Misao, Blank Dream, The Crooked Man, Discordia Tales, God of Crawling Eyes, Stray Cat Crossing, The Count Lucanor

Happy Halloween.

>Nightmare King Grimm

WHAT THE FUCK

Also is anyone using sprintmaster? Dashmaster still seems superior for getting around, even with the extra notch cost. I don't think I can live without dashmaster.

i don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Apparently it is a Hollow Knight boss.

New Hollow Knight DLC. I just assumed people would be playing it.

>Somebody else actually notices this game
I hope the developers made enough dosh to make a third one.

Post powerful games
thunderbirdstrike.com

FUCKING FROG SLOT MACHINE
DO I HAVE TO HIT THE ARM OR NOT

You parry the arm to make it do an attack. The parry itself doesn't hurt the frog machine, but when the frog machine is attacking, it can be attacked.

It's been in my backlog for a while. Just started playing because of Spooky Day.
The sequel's price is a bit much for the type of game though.

you have to slap the arm

Yeah, 30 euros is too much for the scale of the game. Shame too, because I do actually dig it a lot.

How rich is this GrubDad?

>LISA the Painful
>Papers Please
>Inside
>Nuclear Throne
>The End Is Nigh
>Primoridia

I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic and dystopian games. Any more recommendations for me?

Underrail

metro 2033
subnautica

I hate heartbeating in these type of games, makes me even more nervous. Im weak to horror games, why am I playing this in the dark.

Who was the guy at the university who tells you a joke in Underrail? I heard you can tell the joke to the Ratking, but I never tried it before.

It's Fred in Camp Hathor, unless you actually mean someone in the Institute.

Fred's joke just pisses off the Rat King, I remember someone in the institute tells you a joke of some kind, and someone told me you can tell that joke to the Rat King instead of Fred's joke.

What's a decent movement speed mod for Stardew Valley that works with the new SMAPI? Or is there some way to edit run speed in the game's config files? The default run speed is a bit too slow for me.

Nevermind, I found an injector for the game.

It's one of the scientists in genetics lab

STALKER.
Changeling.
Nuclear Tree.
OFF.
Dangan Ronpa.

I love S&S's environments.

Is the game supposed to look this choppy?
I greatly avoid it because fuck nisa.

Who's that cute?

>fuck nisa
Don't bully Nisa.

Primordia
Machinarium
Off
The Desolate Hope

Probably just a bad recording.

Nisa ahs been bullying good games with their subpar translations and buggy messes for years. Glad that fucking up Ys8 blew up hard in their face.

DR1 was fine.
Some lines in DR2 were chopped.

O warrior of Nisa!

one of the best games I've played in years

EXPEDITION

WHEN

Could any of you jolly fine people recommend me some decent indie titles to play with a joypad?

I'm currently laid up in bed but have my PC monitor on a desk I can play on. I'd like something that's deep enough to be fun but isn't autistic as fuck So no walking sims, JRPGs or general movie type games.

I was thinking maybe a good 3D platformer or 2D platformer that isn't full of pixel perfect jumps.

Maybe a shit storm starter but I'd also like to avoid retard devs. i.e. Yooka Laylee type retards who screech about the usual shit on Twitter all day

>some decent indie titles to play with a joypad?
>So no walking sims, JRPGs or general movie type games
>maybe a good 3D platformer or 2D platformer that isn't full of pixel perfect jumps
Pffff...
SUPERHOT
Sonic Mania.
Eversion.

>Sonic mania
>Indie

Son... let me tell you what Indie isn't... SONIC THE FUCKING HEDGEHOG.

You're not indie when you have had 30 years of cartoon shows and 3 new games a year made in your series

Ori

Whitehead is pretty indie. He's not a big developper.

Otherwise, as indie games, you have Super Mario Bros, and Bubsy on Megadrive, and...

?SQUIRREL?

>West Of Loathing
Is this actually good? I used to enjoy Kingdom of Loathing as a time waster.

Name of the game?

It was something with firefly. Ah no it was the other store.steampowered.com/app/477870/Yomawari_Night_Alone/

Also found this super hidden gem store.steampowered.com/app/396530/Fireflies/

>STALKER
>post apocalyptic or dystopian

It is definitely dystopian and practically anything taking place in post-soviet slavlands is post-apocalyptic.

Well the apocalypse happened inside of a 30 kilometers zone.

communism is basically an apocalypse

>discussing the setting of the game is politics

Just fuck off and stay off.

Okay, Tomb Raider is definitely not indie, but it's kinda miscellaneous.
So can I vent about Tomb Raider 2 and how it's kicking my ass?

triggered leftist

Have you played the game? It definitely takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, even if the entire planet isn't shit.
It's like playing in a yellow zone in Tiberium Sun.

>mfw tried Hitman
>looked cool as fuck on paper, you change outfit to lose people
>it's actual linear as fuck, if you get insta killed the moment you try to escape the dev's control
Fucking hell.

Gimme a good sneaking to forget.

The obvious question here is "which Hitman?"
I'm not gonna bother with a comprehensive recommendation list because the returns aren't worth the effort, but you can try Mark of the Ninja which is quite good.

The first Hitman. Is one of them actually different?

Anyway, I'll try Mark of the Ninja. I hope it's hood.

Blood Money and Contracts are the ones you're supposed to play. I've never seen anyone sing the praises of 1.

Not him, but I wouldn't suggest Contracts. It's a bunch of independent missions with just a rating.

Blood Money has you being penalized if you fuck too much and is really fun, but can get really easy once you figure out the "best" route.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4RZuG5NtVc

OneShot

>tfw Treasure isn't dead and refuses to make mobile games

That game suffers from the "where the fuck do I go now" syndrom. I found a key allowing me to progress, but I don't remember any lock, so unless I remember wrong, I'm supposed to keep going forward, but I'm also in a dead end.
And what bothers me is that there's probably a lever I missed or something.

It's not retro, it came out in 1997.

>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.
Retard.

twitter.com/SukebanGames/status/925365834670751744

The fuck is Va11halla even about? Do you even play, as in serve drink, refill your stocks and make money, or is it just a waifu simulator?

Tried Dinner Date a while ago, it was an interesting experience but not really a game.

Just started playing this, do I like it?

Given how they're all looking desperate to escape the game, it's probably a shitty one.

A bartender simulator in a cyber-punk setting where you have to serve the right drink to the right customer, in order to pay your rent and make friends and find a waifu.
You didn't have to take care of your stocks, or any resource management, you just have to mix drinks and change lives.

So it's kinda like Paper Please? How difficult it is?

It's like cook serve delicious with a weebshit overlay.

It's difficult if you're an ESL or if you don't remember what drink did you serves to the loli robot sex trade worker in her bad days.

It isn't. Just don't spend your money on something that you don't need and you will manage to pay your rent and avoid the bad ending. Mostly the game is about paying attention to the dialogue to figure out how to get all the endings (none of the endings are mutually exclusive except the bad ending).

>It's difficult if you're an ESL
Well, fuck.

You have to remember persons you interacted with? Sounds horrible.

S O O N

The Demo came out this year. He's developing it into a full game alongside Environmental Station Alpha and his pre-alpha work on that new Rogue-lite.. thing.

>if you wipe SRO out early there is no train quest

Huh, that's some really nice little reactivity there.

I've fallen absolutely in love with Heat Signature's "time stop" mechanic. Any other games have it?

Door Kickers.
FTL
Creeper World
Jagged Alliance

Also these store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=7107

I haven't played Heat Signature so I don't know if it's the same, but Transistor has a time stop mechanic.

SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

Expedition is going to drop soon, right?

>jill in a fur coat
How did she afford that?

Oh yeah. Any minute now.

But I'm wondering, not too long ago Styg said that the patch and the expansion will likely come together, and the expansion will come as a beta or whatever first. Now he is saying we should expect an experimental patch soon, but no news of the expansion. So is there going to be a beta for both but the patch is coming sooner than the expansion, or has the plan changed and the expansion will release normally without a beta?

wew

Nice timestamp, slut.

I love the way stygsoftware does worldbuilding. Quests and such are not just player-centric content, they're actual events in the world and their practical matters are considered even when they are of little gameplay importance. In this case, the train simply never leaves station if there aren't enough people alive to load it. And that in turn obviously prevents all the subsequent stuff from happening.

Some zoner murdered SRO with multiple different characters and thought the game was bugged. Protectorate ghosts send no trains. So I thought to add that note to the wiki.

Haha, no.

For some time things looked like the base game patch and expansion would be finished at the same time (or the expansion would even be ready before base game stuff), but now Styg's trying to get the base game patch out first. To exchange a huge list of patch notes to a huge list of bugs, as he put it. There will be loads of changes, so it should do some good to get a patch out to all the players before the expansion.

Specifics of the expansion testing are still undecided unless Styg has some secret plans. But from pragmatic perspective, he can't just do the usual steam/gog galaxy beta branch testing with a DLC that's not yet available. Maybe he'll bribe volunteer testers with free DLC keys!

>shitposting and being one away from trips

Wait, so is the Underrail expansion gonna be free or not? Because if it is i wanna buy Darkwood soon since the sale in gog is gonna end soon.

...why the fuck would it be free?

It will be free for pirates