Dota 2 general - /d2g/

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Latest patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: d2armory.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W1kelk9lm0g
78.media.tumblr.com/0667b64ae49c8fcf81de3778c4281f74/tumblr_oypvzvLJMB1rjivq7o1_r1_540.gif
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/79zuw2/this_is_the_game_of_my_life_and_its_dying_it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Vector Targeted LIghtning ball

Pangolier is SHIT.

first for last shave of the month

Tiny is FUCKING AWFUL NOW

L.OL UPDATE

feed me dotards

nth for the BEST carry in the game!

Reminder to buy that Spirit Vessel on every hero boys.

purge analysing small ui and chat changes for maximum milking

she was bad in 7.06 and she's still bad now

>first patch in YEARS that you take one look at and think "yes! this is great!"
is the frog BACK bros?

Who am I spamming for easy mmr right now?

hey dotards,

>youtu.be/W1kelk9lm0g
How can dotards even compete?

can you just shut the fuck up you retarded fucking weaver u've been feeding all fucking game you think you have any impact this game? You are actually so fucking bad dude and you dash to start blaming me? Fucking kill your self

-SC Super creeps mode fucking when? That was my shit back in high school.

this is an issue but lolbabbies complaining about the turn rate of course

I just saw some rando stream with Cataclysm and RP. Instant triple kill. My dick was never this hard. I hope they pull it off in competitive.

Literally League of Legends what the fuck valve

upvooting this for visisbulty

Which dotamon resembles pic related the most?

Bane

such as?

Dotards forever BTFO this is why your game is DEAD

sorry im not into vore

I'd rather you get the whole 115 to random from, and it was gold
the bonus heroes can have the branch & mango

>told people Purge is the worst teacher i have ever seen
>his guide is even worse
>got told to suck it
>years later, everyone including plebbit agrees Purge is a fucking hack
>and his only talent is weathermanning non-crucial teamfight in dota pro matches

Pangolier is underrated.

umm dotards?

78.media.tumblr.com/0667b64ae49c8fcf81de3778c4281f74/tumblr_oypvzvLJMB1rjivq7o1_r1_540.gif

I quit Dota 2 two years ago because I couldn't stand every match lasting 40-60 minutes.
Does Turbo Mode cut that down significantly? I'd like to play matches that last 10-20 minutes on average.

In case you are currently not buying spirit vessel for some retard reason see pic related.
This 2.8k gold item has a 67% winrate on Spectre across 75,000 games
BUY SPIRIT VESSEL

half these talents only exist because techies can make the game go for 2+ hours

but user

radiance

>Implying i am not playin League of Legends now

>Aeon Disk is named Combo Breaker in the game files
Us memers am I right xd.
also.
>Valve overwritten Diff 2 id with Vessel.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT DOTA2 HAS 400K PLAYERS, AND GARENA HAD UP TO 230K WC3 PLAYERS IN FUCKING 2009. Do your part, help raise awareness of the solution needed to fix this game's player hemorrhage! reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/79zuw2/this_is_the_game_of_my_life_and_its_dying_it/

i played two rounds of turbo yesterday, both were around 15 minutes long.

in the first match the enemy mid was lvl 25 at 13 minutes in

hmmmmmm

His guide is fine though, it's what I used to first get into Dota 2 like 5 years ago.

League is such a good game holy shit I can't believe I wasted so much time with dota

I honestly don't know why Im playing dota today, I thought it would be fun.

Its actually so fucking bad, I refuse to play until ranked is bad. This shit is just fucking dumb. Reminds me so much of Heroes of teh storm, each game- no one gives a fuck, just doesnt random shit constantly.

Dark willow balance is just meme worthy. Fuck this shit ass game honestly.

Is Venge a carry now?

>MUH REGION LOCK
Dota autism is our own undoing.
A single big change like 7.00 a big chunk of the players leave because they can't adapt.

sauce pls

quick i'm queueing ranked a throwing my MMR away. who's the offlaner to pick this patch?

What if there was a Sange&Kaya and Kaya&Yasha

Mireska Sunbreeze, The Cute Fairy

>so guys how about a hero with treants ult as a standard ability?
>but also another aoe stun as a standard ability?
>but also slarks ult as a standard ability?
>but also an aoe fear for an ultimate?
>but also a second ultimate that does aoe damage?
>i think thats a balanced character

without makeup

has anyone tried meteor tree yet

can you do it whilst invis on him

what if they all combined into Kaya Yasha Sange

Yeah shes fucking dumb OP and it's surprising it even got in like this.

She's even got decent starting Damage, and an amazing attack animation to boot.

wtf i hate dota2 now.

i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die i want to die

what lane are people playing dark willow in?

Just came from playing pangolin offlane, here are my thoughts
>the hero is fun
>The hero can do a lot of damage and have utility using the 2 sec shield crash talent during rolling thunder
>people does no damage because you itemize like trash

Imo the hero is based around orb effects. My build player around that and had positive results.
>orb of venom +blight stone
>go solar crest (works well because it helps you tank and reduce even more armor. usable during ult)
>diffusal + javelin into basher/abbysal
Maybe vanguard earlier or something like that. But the hero is not that bad as people think. Imo the damage comes from staying alive, his W and his ult interaction.

Meteor Pangolier.

You can channel while moving.

>tfw was meant to have some work experience this week but it got canned for the rest of the week so i can just play dota instead of having an income and a real life

That's because you are fucking retard 5 years ago. He could have told you to suck a dick while playing dota2, you would agree that was a fucking brilliant move.

reminder that Earth Spirit had a shit winrate as well on release

>no previous on /d2g/
good thing I slept through purge "i am only relevant to sub 3k players" and missed his autism threads.

quick, what items does dark willow build?

Is it possible to channel two things at once? like enfeeble and hammer.

earth spirit is also somewhat difficult to play

stfu lolbaby, go back to your thread. Nobody care bo hooo.

requiescat in pace

>want to have fun in turbo mode
>fags picking slark and undying
people who do this should die

literally me2

Pangolier is good. His aoe attack skill is even a movement skill

patch is live?
cool I dont have to use test server anymore

spirit vessel
meteor hammer
solar crest

>channeling enfeeble
w-what?

?
are you fucking calling lolbaby, you dumb dota 2 baby?
fucking kill yourself you stupid fucking piece of shit and go back to whatever shit moba or online game you come

kys for short

>t. Newfag dota2bab
The only reason you aren't pulling shit out of your ass right now is because your head is so far up it. DotA autism somehow didn't make the game die in the entire fucking decade previous to Dota2's birth in 2012, why would it make the game die now? Dota 2 is objectively better than Wc3 DotA in EVERY single aspect, except for one: Wc3 DotA had forced region lock because you couldn't play with people too far away from you, due to the peer to peer hosting nature of the game; Wc3 DotA had 200k+ (I remember seeing up to 300k players on Garena's Wc3 rooms, but since that's anecdotal evidence and I don't have any proof of it, I don't tend to talk about that) players in god damn 2k9, and Dota2 is struggling to keep 400k in 2k17? That's laughable, that's just pitiful, really

The game is currently in the best patch it's ever seen; if you ever played before Dota2, you'd remember shitstorms like the awful 6.60 patch, where Icefraud decided to introduce pre-nerf Batrider on fucking Final Form, that faggot could proc radiance off his napalm stacks, and had one of the highest base attack damages of the game on top of it, he was by far the best hero in the game, bar none. Old school DotA included forcing the meta build on supports, unlike today where supports can build whatever they please. The meta build on supports back then was literally stacking bracers, by the way; the game was absolute shit in the "good old days" yet retards like you show up and say "m-muh 7.00 killed the g-g-game" nigger, people have been saying Icefrog killed the game since the time he added FUCKING QUELLING BLADE AND POOR MAN'S SHIELD one right after the other, and probably from even before that. People always claim the same dumb shit about the patches, but for some incredibly weird and unknown reason, patches actually started to kill the game's population right after Dota2 was released, boy what a coincidence

Give me a good argument against the "Edit2" part of that thread

dont think ill get the job but i need one feelsbadman

Pangolier isn't mechanically demanding or complex. He's just bad.

has anyone else been getting lag spikes while playing?

>enfeeble

I meant upheaval

did you max his W first?

Her mana regen is dogshit,
played turbo with max items and she has fucking 2.5 mana per second

So what's the opinian on the new randoming system? Random one of the 10 weekly pre-selects and get an iron branch?

Pangolin has not got Wex

This. I played LoL during the content draught. LoL had more hues and sea monkeys on NA server than their own server.

Region lock doesn't stop those shit eating fucking third worlder to play on our server at 300ms. They just don't have the brain capacity to think like normal human being and they love to ruin your day with their ape IQ.

some of the people i played with complained about lag spikes but i havent experienced any

I maxed Q first . Great harrass tool in lane, specially with a blight stone.
Then i went between W and E, maxing his W first after noticing W had more impact than E (E has a point of value)
Then i went mana regen talent, 2 sec shield crash during ult, strength and -12 sec ult.

>The only reason you aren't pulling shit out of your ass right now is because your head is so far up it. DotA autism somehow didn't make the game die in the entire fucking decade previous to Dota2's birth in 2012, why would it make the game die now?
Frogs in boling water.
7.00 was literally going from 0 to 100C in one seconds

So Pangolin combo is R into E and then you Q when the enemy was in tempo mode while you pseudo carry with W. Pangolin is assassin bruiser tank with utility that match quantum proxy.

So Wraith King skeletons are completely useless and awful, yeah?

You can potentially do 1000 magic damage with 3 sec stun if you can roll in, hit W, let your team follow up, turn around and hit W again with ult.

personally dont see the point of having random 10 heroes who get extra items every week, randoming handicaps the team even more now in ranked since no more re-random and no more extra gold (mango and branch is nothing in comparison)

It's LO.L, if you're gonna shitpost at least do it right.

yeah if you are bad at it.

>inb4 the more gold in the lane means that the carries get fat even earlier and the supports who are not allowed to last hit will get shit on even harder.
Bad times friend ahead.
maybe no survivability
maybe no TP
I will go away but we are two of soul
I will return.in 35 seconds.

Turbo is so fucking fun I haven't lost a single game this day yet

whats the best counter and combo with the new shit?

Why is Purge such a cuck?
Also.
WHY THE FUCK IS MY CLIENT OUT OF DATE AGAIN?

Remove random from ranked and we are set. You get the same extra gold but you dont expend it in the way you want it.

/ourguy/ wagamama is streaming, dotards.