Does racism exist on a political/socioeconomically level in America?

Does racism exist on a political/socioeconomically level in America?

I mean with affirmative action, a minority has a better chance of getting out of poverty than a white person. I believe 90% of African American grad school applicants are accepted compared to much lower white applicants despite having a lower average GPA and test scores.

Does the political system actually discriminate, or is it just a social/made up myth?

Not /pol/. Just a normal privileged black guy. I honestly believe discrimination happens on lower income people, and isn't a race thing at all. Sure you have people who are personally racist, but on the "we don't get the same opportunity we din do nuffin" it's entirely made up. If anything, we have the upper hand in opportunity.

Depends on the criteria.

Black people are way, way more likely to go to jail on drug charges, despite white people and black people using about the same amount of drugs.

Outside of the criminal justice system, it's pretty even.

There is some discrimination based on race but it has been severely over hyped since of how big of a problem it was in the past. I mean the people who would be in charge of hiring people are probably the last people who care about race. The biggest reason why Black people are disproportionately poor is because they basically started at zero at the end of slavery and were kept down for a long time. There is also a cultural difference that is extremely hurtful to them, where athletes, criminals and musicians are valued far more than any sort of educated position. ghetto culture discourages education in a really saddening way considering education is their most likely way for progressing. This also has a chain reaction where poor achievement leads to teachers who don't want to teach in predominantly black areas and those schools are severely underfunded and overcrowded.

Are the legal punishments for crimes really that much different per race? I mean obviously I hear it in the news a lot, but I'm pretty sure the black guy got a longer sentence because it was his 4th offense compared to the white kid's first offense, and they blow it out of proportion. Same with crimes in general. Like police brutality. Statistically like 90% of blacks murdered are by other black people. And cops kill more white people than black people.

You could argue it either way, since a lot of it is local law practice where a white defendant is far more likely to get superior defense in such a case and where their city might be more lenient in terms of law and judicial practice than a predominantly black community. There are a lot of factors so it's really hard to judge

They're poor because they are borderline retarded. Stop whipping yourself for the Negro, cuckboi.

See, the big thing is that the police bother to bust drug dealers in black neighborhoods.

Of course, this is partly due to the fact that black drug dealers tend to kill each other.

I don't understand the methodology behind "structural racism". Basically, statistics show that Blacks are more likely to go to jail, and sociologist conclude that's because society is racist. It's not real sociology to me. It doesn't explain why some minorities tend to integrate better than others.

Why is it that you run with your misconception of sociology as though it's reality?

Honestly, the majority usually are pretty retarded, and that I can accept. What gets me is when I see one of them that actually does great in education, yet his fellows drag him back down and start calling him a coconut or otherwise ostracize him for it. The entire black culture drags down successful blacks like monkeys attacking others trying to get the banana.

I would like to try a social experiment where black children are raised in a white society without exposure to black culture, and then these children eventually create offspring to be observed how they develop. I doubt they'd be quite on par with the rest of the population for the first generation, but some of the gap would close with each.

Perhaps maybe because most of the drug volume comes from minorities and isn't because they are minorities? I mean you can't try buying cigarettes with food stamps and then call it racist because you're black.

No racism is a myth created by blacks to dodge accountability in how they fuck up their lives.

Id rather just kill every nigger on earth. I dont understand you cucks that wish to elevate these wild animals. If the majority of them are feral retards its means THEY ARE FERAL RETARDs.

That's not always true. I grew up in poverty and gang members typically protected the nerdy kids that were headed off to college. It was a huge deal to have a black Brother headed off to University. The ostracizing comes from black swag kids growing up in white cultures. Real black people growing up in poverty feel they are at a disadvantage, and are taught culturally to join a gang by middle school. But the ones that actually ignore that and get out are respected a lot. The thing is, it's either one way or another. You're either a goon or a college graduate and get the hell out. If you working a shitty job and still living in the projects ignoring the drug dealing and "easy" money then you're gonna get harassed.

I think it's an interesting social experiment. If we can find the tools and methods used to elevate a lesser part of the population, there's a potential benefit to apply it to other population groups as well.

For the same reason we prevent species from going extinct, blacks should be allowed to develop in a controlled environment. Ones beneficial to society should be elevated, ones detrimental should be lowered. Actually, the same could be applied to any race in society.

>ones that actually ignore that and get out are respected a lot
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA

They are no benefit to us because we have industrial technology we dont need them either to study humans we could study our own, they need to go extinct and dissapear off this planet worthless failed breed of homo sapien that is whats niggers are.

Sociologists don't look at statistics and form conclusions based on them.
They only use statistics as a base for further research and form conclusions after that.

Is pol so over crowded with trump posts that your nigger hate thread got 0 replies and you had to come here?

>I mean with affirmative action, a minority has a better chance of getting out of poverty than a white person.

Not really. There's a laundry list of factors that cock things up for minorities in poverty long before they're competitive by affirmative action standards. It doesn't affect your inner city or rural poor black student so much as your middle class black student from the suburbs. Like you pointed out, discrimination is more economic than anything else, but there's a big racial factor involved in keeping impoverished minorities impoverished.

>Perhaps maybe because most of the drug volume comes from minorities
Nope. By volume, we got LOADS more drugs in the suburbs.

Fuck off.

You didn't even answer the question.

What is everyone's opinion on the "school to prison pipeline"? I have heard varying things from a lot of sources, but I have yet to come to a conclusion.

Blacks are 15% of the population. You would think that blacks would be 15% of all politicians , businessmen, etc, but no. The problem is that blacks are disadvantaged socially; a black person running for office would be a "Diversity Quota", and that's a shame, because they're othered by a western institution.
Now, I know that sounds faggy and liberal, but that's how the system works in such a society.

The problem though, is that a post-racial society is impossible. By its very nature, it's self-destructive.

As an example from history, look at religions of places like Scandinavia, Japan, China, etc, from thousands of years ago. They didn't really worship the gods in the same way we do now; they revered them as being fatherly or motherly in a very humanistic sense; they had their sins often times which makes them almost human. The religions of those times were very nature-oriented and revolved around purity of all facets of life, and that nature is inherently good.
Conversely, there was a religion in market-type cultures that had god(s) that were strict and lawful and "perfect" in some sense, because the market naturally requires order and law. These market type societies lived together despite their indifference towards another community's values; think Babylon in all sense of the name. They were different in language, in morals, in color, and in belief; they had to prioritize "polity over people"; personal values were thus replaced by political values; and the sense of morality was thus distorted by the strict legalistic society they lived in. Such a religion gave rise to the abrahamic faiths. As Rome, for example, kept growing in size and changed politically, it was easier for them to drop their pagan values for Christian values, because Christian values naturally fit a legalistic society. In every relative society, there's a rise and big fall. By their very nature, they ALWAYS fall.