/tekgen/ - Tekken General

November 1st edition
Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA [Open]
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU [Open]
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94 [Open]
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8 [Open]
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o [Open]
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg [Open]
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs [Open]
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U [Open]
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0 [Open]
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI [Open]
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM [Open]
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU [Open]
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9tTCbFJWB6g
esportsearnings.com/players/6994-aris-bakhtanians
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's your opinion on Miguel?

I'm 99% certain he went for the double electric against both JDCR and I think it was Doujin. He didn't always do it, especially not in as risky a set as the first round of grand finals, but he definitely used it several times throughout the tournament.

Good but not great

What are the actual odds that grandpa is dead for good?

>Volcanoes ever killing a Mishima

He'll be fine.

Lei, Marduk, Michelle, Zafina, AK and Wang for Christmas

So what's your worst matchup? Bryan and king for me. King because I'm a scrub at throwbreaking and my reactions to FC d/f1 are once in a blue moon. Bryan because his offense is almost completely safe and stepping against him rarely works for me unless I step specific moves.

It was more his heart being stopped than the volcano

If we get legacy then you will get Wei, Julia, and Marduk. Michelle got replaced over a decade ago, she's never coming back except maybe in TTT3, same for Wang since he's dead and only Mishimas usually beat death. AK is unlikely since they gave some of his moves to King.

The 2D characters. I want to play Tekken and not some EX divekick fireball footsie shit.

Yeah I used to feel that way too, but since finding a way to destroy fireball spam on my main I'm not so bothered by it anymore. I'd rather not have them in the game though.

lili and ling

And Ganryu
>AK is unlikely since they gave some of his moves to King.
In that case then Marduk ain't coming back either

Alisa because I haven't sat down and learned her gimmicks

>In that case then Marduk ain't coming back either
Yeah I honestly don't think he's coming back, unless they push another promo deal with NJPW and bring them out as some wrestler special. I think Lei, Julia, and MAYBE Ganryu are best shots of getting in.

>playing against character x is so fun!

why does literally nobody ever say this

the only time this game is fun is if you are winning

Anyone else ever had random crashes to desktop? The game just closes, no "application has stopped working" messages either.

When is that the case in any fighting game? What I have fun doing is playing the character I like, I enjoy fighting good players who put me to the test and I can learn from them (win or lose) or against someone so bad I can style on them.

I second this, no idea how the fuck to fight them. Everything Bryan has is safe/CH bait, King can get to range 0 with no problems and has weirdly evasive safe moves. Wat do

I find playing Law super fun. So many things he does are unsafe. Perfect opportunity for practicing punish.

Actually, any character I remember all their framedata/string are fun for me to play against.
Perfectly punishing every punishable move is always my goal for playing rather than winning.

However, I fucking hate playing against movement type players or defensive type like myself.

Bryan's biggest weakness is how linear he is and all his big damage stuff isn't safe. Learn what his unsafe moves are and also sidestep left the majority of his moves.

Some characters are alright to play against, like Devil Jin. But then again there are those characters that make my blood boil, like Dragunov, Ling and Steve.

Learn his strings that end up with a high, like qcb+2,4. It's a very common tool Bryan players uses. d/f+2,1 is also mid high, a very common poke and often used after b+1 on block.

i've never had it before but it just happened now wtf you jinxed me

yep
shits happened multiple times during ranked matches, it keeps happening during promo matches for me.

you've never played against a good dj

>Dragunov, Lars, Miguel, Steve mains in Tag 2
>Got them all to Overlord
Now who do I play.. I miss tag 2's huge roster and being able to just make up any random ass team on the spot and learning it as you went along.

jim

I'm not too strong with Mishimas but alright.

jims not a mishima!!!!!!!!

paul because it doesn't matter what I do I could lose the round in like 3 seconds when he has rage

He literally is a mishima though

Playing against Lili is super fun because I used to main her and know all her gimmicks.

>Seiryu on PS4
>Playing on PC and grinding ranks
>Playing Dragunov, the serial killer
>Matched against some 800 win Devil Jin at Expert
>Twitch link in his name
>Tune in while playing
>Hold forward 2 rounds in a row
>He's screaming about how good he is and how he's going to win
>Delete him from the game with Sirgay 3 rounds in a row
>Autistic screeching
>Channel goes offline
>No rematch

do you go to tournaments?

>get rekt and brag about it on /tekgen/
>people suggest to take a break
>take a break
>come back after a few days of no tekken
>spaghetti fall out of my pockets as I try to play even my main
>eating shit I was able to block and punish few days ago
>catching counterhits all day long
>pressing buttons when I shouldn't
>not parrying junkyards
>get deranked further
Thx for your advice bros.

people probably meant a break of a few minutes or an hour, not several days

How do I git gud with Lars? feels like I'm hitting a brick wall when using him

You can't really, once you hit the skill ceiling as Lars it just comes down to how bad your opponent is, not how good you are.

Is there a replay? I have a feeling this never happened

We meant like an hour not days

Longer breaks can be good too for getting rid of bad habits. You'll obviously be rusty for a while though.

who do you play

Is TMM definitive proof that you can be godlike at this game and still complain about half the cast being broken shitter characters?

youtube.com/watch?v=9tTCbFJWB6g

>godlike
>only plays online

He's a little bitch most of the time but everything he says about Ling players is 100% true.
All of them do the same shit because they can get away with it.

Pretty sure he got 2nd as some scandinavian tournny.
Now that we are on the subject of streamers what's the highest Aris has ever placed in a tournny?

Woops meant for

>I miss TTT2

thats depressing

wow what an original post

Am I a little bitch for playing Chloe?

Only alpha males can main Chloe

esportsearnings.com/players/6994-aris-bakhtanians

I legitimately thought the Injustass thing was just a meme.

Is Ling the most bullshit character in the game? Not the best or most oppressive but just the fucking stupidest.

that's eddy

He's streaming right now and spilling his salt shaker everywhere to some random Feng online

Im fucking dying

Well he is playing Lars so being salty is what any sane person would do

I'm higher ranked than this guy and he's right - "How can I compete with this character?"

Yeah.

Same person

Watching him he is heavily tilted and doesn't know Lars combos and is depending too much on f 1+2

He's still right but TMM is playing really bad which doesn't help

I just find it funny that he still complaing when he made a conscious choice to play Lars.
It's like grabler players complaing about having bad matchups.

It's no joke, he loves NRS games even though he will be the first to point out how incredibly flawed they are.

Yeah, I get irritated sometimes when I lose simply because Lars lacks the tools to handle a lot of situations.

Then I just go pick Dragunov and destroy them with my eyes closed and feel better

Then I feel bad again because I miss being able to do that in Tag 2 as Lars

so I can only play Chloe and im trying Lars, I'know he sucks, but any tips?

How do I play neutral with Ling

Every second you spend not doing California roll and AOP with Ling is a second wasted

>Lars lacks the tools to handle a lot of situations
Whenever i think this i like to play a little game.
I look thought Dragonov's movelist and give the character im playing 1 of his moves and think about how much better that character has become now.

skip your outros you fucking ingrates

what a retarded game

no

don't cry about not getting rematches then

>start tekken
>play poorly
>close tekken

More so than Ling?

Now that I have this game for PC I'm going to make some character guides

I'll start with Lars since everyone keeps asking me how to play him

Then probably Steve next

Who should I do after though

master raven

yes

>Be Jugganaut
>Still do this

>browse Veeky Forums for a few hours
>bored
>start up Tekken
>play one ranked game
>win by a narrow margin
>close Tekken
>orange ranks

God fuck Auska is literally made for online.
I hate that stupid cunt so much

Miguel. I don't even play the character but I feel he doesn't get much love and is one of the characters most ask about seeing here.

I need to buy another pad to play with him then since I can't play Miguel on stick

Does anyone want to give me $45

Any good high level Claudio players to watch?

Mulgold

>switch from PS4 to PC
>5 bars only
>as soon as you hit yellow ranks everyone is a 1-2 bar lag switcher that uses only their safest + strings

Wow nothing fucking changed

It's like shitters and cheaters are universal in mindset

can't say I've experienced that myself on PC

Pretty much as soon as you get to Vindicator+ it's all you'll ever encounter, are you beneath it?

I'm red ranks with my mains and have a bunch of characters in orange ranks. There are some people who seem like they might be lag switching but it's pretty rare.

I'm in oranges on PS4 and at upper oranges you don't see it as much but yellow to mid orange is nothing but lag switchers who can't win any other way. You're not seeing it because you're not in the zone where it's most common.

>sidestep a rage drive and it whiffs
>rage art to punish it
>rage drive hits me after attack animation is over
oh

I suppose it could depend on the region too. I'm in northern Europe.

>mash rage art during string
>it trades during a gap
>no animation
oh

whose rage drive?

That would probably be it, Europeans tend to be better and more intelligent people overall. I'm in the US where everyone is an inbred monkey that will do anything to win to protect their bruised egos

Asuka

100% whiffed completely then hits me after it's done, good game

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened

Rage art hits them and it does nothing and you automatically lose because of it

Outplayed

Thanks m8

What moves should I use to hit crouching people as Jack?

ff1

that sometimes happens at the wall when they're too low or are about to fall out of a juggle but it shouldn't happen when they're out in the open and eat one right to the face

It'll still happen, it happens sometimes for enemies against me too. Half of the time they just give up immediately and walk forward because of how mad they are

So apparently GM is full of nothing but Lilis and I can't seem to do jack shit. I know she has terrible tracking but I can't get off the floor whenever they can't me. What's the plan for get up situations against her?