/utg/ - Undertale General

Teatime With Void Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DNg1GfCXkAIaY3H.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeX5FmV4AA3jQb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNi_nOWVQAAmj8Q.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdF1GlVAAIHdyg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdQQPDU8AEMpEK.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJcOiiwVoAAu9o5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLtCsfXUMAEtwnm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNelrqLUEAAjSbh.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNX8ARPUMAAIoIo.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNX8BtzVoAAF39K.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgPYK1V4AA_4A9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeujgLUQAAAgOn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgn_VWVQAEwtxo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNe2SrXV4AAxPVo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNevURTU8AAZVBE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNXjXGxVQAAK8f0.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhGJ-3UMAAgC1i.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4wUEAEifSc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNd9c2yVAAEEVcP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMhWXdWVAAAQoXH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4xUEAAke55.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdsNdeVAAA5KF7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNefbh3UEAAHGZn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4uUIAE8CtI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeLkFxVQAAHP6x.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgGpS5XkAAzz-o.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNijfv7VwAAAp1j.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNejevUVQAAkcBo.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeHNk-UMAA_dla.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeQ5cMU8AAciAL.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNd6OjLUQAEtaw8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeJtYPU8AAAluF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeqFRMU8AApinI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNUHomrUQAECOX5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeqHbNUQAERh4u.jpg:orig
youtube.com/watch?v=gRMXaD23P4U&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for non-canon occurrence

What if the Void King fell into the underground?

Mother bird, this is Slammer, over!

Second for noncanon occurrence.

And first for Frisk doesn't give a shit about Asriel post-TP.

Whether they care or not is independent from canon. Frisk is not too far from an empty slate. Fill in your own interpretation.
Fanworks often roll the player into Frisk, because the player has a role in the story but pulling them into a fanwork is almost always a bad idea for various reasons. That makes Friskriel work slightly better even in your framework.

Draw gaster

Perhaps. But if people want to talk about the canon postgame so much, then let's address the elephant in the room. If Frisk hasn't done anything since the end of TP, then they probably don't care. That's what I'm saying.

Bear in mind, this is Frisk I'm talking about here, not the player. The two of you separate at the end of TP, hence pic related. So they can't be as much of a blank slate as they appear if they're doing things in the postgame.

I think this is just another case of Toby wanting to have his cake and eat it too.

>But if people want to talk about the canon postgame so much
There's almost no postgame discussion here that even pretends to be about canon. What thread have you been reading?

Nigga I can't count the number of times I've had the Q&A and the soon-to-be phone app shoved in my face in terms of canon discussion.

So let's talk postgame canon. If Frisk doesn't do anything to help, why? If it's revealed that Flowey's still sitting alone and isolated in that hole with no soul and no hope, then why hasn't Frisk done anything when they're the only other person who knows the truth?

Oh it's the salty as fuck Charafag

This is my Frisk do not steal

Hey go easy on me, I've got a new line I'm trying here and it appears to be somewhat effective.

And I don't understand why you're posting such a callous and selfish individual kicking poor ol' Chara down a hole, since Frisk doesn't appear to be much better when it comes to treating Asriel.

Because they can't. They saw what it takes to bring him back to Asriel, and it's not something they can achieve. They're just not god, it doesn't need to be any deeper than that.

>If it's revealed that Flowey's still sitting alone and isolated in that hole with no soul and no hope
Oh, okay, I didn't realize it's you. Carry on, I'll go play vidya in the meantime.

Because as far as you can tell from the little canon post-TP content Frisk doesn't do anything at all.

The Q&A or the alarm clock are brought up maybe once every few threads, but all threads are filled with post-TP content and discussion.

>They saw what it takes to bring him back to Asriel, and it's not something they can achieve
That doesn't sound very DETERMINED to me, user. Maybe the theory that it's all the player and Frisk is just a vessel has more merit than people would make it seem.

>I'll go play vidya
Okay, have fun.

Okay, so why? Why aren't they doing anything? I'm supposed to let them be happy, right? That's what Flowey wants, so that entails that they'll eventually do something.

This line of thinking is absolutely ridiculous. Fanwork can be both an expression to the original work or a proving ground for future original work. To assume that every writer, artists, etc that do fanwork are only doing fanwork is outrageous. Countless future writers to original fantasies, sci-fis, mysteries, what have you began a lot of their writing in a setting framework of someone else's. Many sci-fi writers wrote Star Wars, Matrix, Star Trek fan-fictions or fantasy writers that wrote stories about JRR Tolkein's Middle Earth, Pratchet's Discworld, Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, Hell, look at all the work for Greenwood's Forgotten Realms.

That's just writers. But imagine all the creative people that make original cool stories, our dramas, our space operas. Where do you think a lot of them started to blossom? The existence of people making fanwork isn't limiting your amount of original content, at least not in the wider sense.

>This line of thinking is absolutely ridiculous
It's Soriel. I'm edgy Charafag and even I can see through his ruse.

They have no canonically revealed post-TP actions because they're barely even a real character. They have less visible dialogue than Grillby.

I don't go on here very much. Soriel is still a thing?

Maybe I should be more clear then. I'm saying that Toby is inadvertently making them look like a shitty person by trying to keep them a nearly-perfect blank slate for the player's immersion while also stating that they're their own person with agency and a life that's apparently worth respecting.

If you love Frisk so much and believe they're so great, then why haven't then done anything to help someone they know is suffering? I'm not even asking them to succeed. Merely to try. Of course, that can't happen because it's not muh player agency.

It's just more of that classic Toby Fox vagueness we all know and love.

They have direct and implied actions though.
Possibly, possibly not. Might just be a /pol/ack that took up a boogeyman mantle.

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNg1GfCXkAIaY3H.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeX5FmV4AA3jQb.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNi_nOWVQAAmj8Q.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdF1GlVAAIHdyg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdQQPDU8AEMpEK.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJcOiiwVoAAu9o5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLtCsfXUMAEtwnm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNelrqLUEAAjSbh.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNX8ARPUMAAIoIo.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNX8BtzVoAAF39K.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgPYK1V4AA_4A9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeujgLUQAAAgOn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgn_VWVQAEwtxo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNe2SrXV4AAxPVo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNevURTU8AAZVBE.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNXjXGxVQAAK8f0.png:orig
>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhGJ-3UMAAgC1i.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4wUEAEifSc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNd9c2yVAAEEVcP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMhWXdWVAAAQoXH.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4xUEAAke55.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNdsNdeVAAA5KF7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNefbh3UEAAHGZn.jpg:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNhlj4uUIAE8CtI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeLkFxVQAAHP6x.png:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgGpS5XkAAzz-o.jpg:orig
>Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNijfv7VwAAAp1j.jpg:orig
>MTT
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNejevUVQAAkcBo.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeHNk-UMAA_dla.png:orig
>skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeQ5cMU8AAciAL.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNd6OjLUQAEtaw8.jpg:orig
>Torgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeJtYPU8AAAluF.jpg:orig
>Asriel + Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeqFRMU8AApinI.jpg:orig
>fishgoat
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNUHomrUQAECOX5.jpg:orig
>Goat family
pbs.twimg.com/media/DNeqHbNUQAERh4u.jpg:orig

>Because they can't. They saw what it takes to bring him back to Asriel, and it's not something they can achieve.
So it's not even worth it to try? What, did Frisk turn into Sans while I wasn't paying attention?

hey, thanks man.

I think Papyrus got the wrong sex Jason costume.

Anything other than collecting seven souls for him would be called cheap and unrealistic wish fulfillment, you know that full-well.

It is rather lewd

What if a Clone Trooper fell into the Underground?

Would Tsundereplane be a clanker?

I dunno, I'd probably say that the whole last half hour of TP is cheap and unrealistic but you don't see anyone complaining.

Why not use that vagueness to actually help someone for a change?

"This is nothing like the simulations."

Who said they needed to succeed? I just ask that they try. And so said we need to go full gote? Why wouldn't a feeling flower be good enough? You only need one soul for that.

Frisk is a real person, but barely a real character. The game does just enough to let you know that they have actions you don't control and that they follow something of a pattern, but no more than that. Their real personality is not absent, it's not not revealed.
And yeah, that makes the Flowey situation a bit awkward, but it does leave room for visits by Frisk. Some people interpret the Q&A as being asked by Frisk. In that case Frisk does visit Flowey.
He doesn't succeed in turning Flowey into a goat, and he's probably not with Flowey all the time, but I don't see any reason to assume he just drops him.

>but you don't see anyone complaining.
just look in a mirror, you've been whining for months on, you promised to leave if there's no update for the anniversary and instead you're sticking around constantly trying to out-edge yourself and bring down everyone around you

I don't care if you're going to stick around till the general dies, but ffs at least don't play dumb

I want werewolf Asgore to bite me

*gets to Judgement Hall*
Sector is clear.
"hey kiddo"
NOT CLEAR NOT CLEAR!

>Some people interpret the Q&A as being asked by Frisk. In that case Frisk does visit Flowey.
Maybe. I guess they just really wanted to know what Papyrus' favorite food was. But at this point Frisk and the player are separate. We shouldn't be able to see through their perspective anymore.

>but I don't see any reason to assume he just drops him
And I don't see any reason to assume he doesn't.

All I ask for is a candid discussion between adults, and what do I get? Fighting with mythological illusions, again.
That's fucking gay. And that's okay.

>And I don't see any reason to assume he doesn't.
I'm not assuming he doesn't, I'm just saying that there's no reason to claim he does.

Every time I try to leave I think of another neat icebreaker for a new conversation. I can't help it if I'm inspired.

Honestly both answers are about equal. I'm erring on the side of "doesn't care" until I see evidence to the contrary. Who knows? Maybe the phone app could change all that. Probably not though.

If the headcanon about Frisk being the one to ask the questions in the Q&A is canon, and it does make sense, then it would imply that Frisk still hangs out with Flowey

Are you ready to fucking QUEST?

>and it does make sense
And it also doesn't because of Once again things are left too vague. Headcanons are all we have, and likely all we ever will have.

If that's the case then why didn't Frisk ask him first since he knows practically everything about every character.

Dramatic tension. Frisk is a master of suspense.

pretending to care just to be edgy about it is really slimy desu

The answer is that Toby doesn't think any of this shit through or consider what it means in-universe, he just does it because he thinks it's funny.

You're all just looking for hidden messages in a bowl of Cheerios.

Asrielfags, Dadfags and Momfags are the WORST characterfags.

You forgot about the dreaded SRITRfags

I'm a really slimy person desu

I think I'm actually turning into Flowey. This new argument is straight from his playbook, now that I think about it. It's basically the whole "Toriel will just replace you" shtick he pulls in Waterfall if you manage to catch him.
>youtube.com/watch?v=gRMXaD23P4U&t=2s
See?

>Dadfags

I say we build a moat to keep those degenerates out. With alligators or laser beams. Fuck it, alligator mounted laser beams.

Gas the goats?

Gas the edgy anime loli too.

So in the end Frisk may or may not care about Asriel's fate post-TP because Toby is a hack?

thanks for wasting an image /v/

In the end Frisk may or may not literally anything you can think of, because Toby is a hack.

By all means go right ahead. I never liked girl!Chara anyway. And most of the fanart sucks for the reasons you've just described.

So in the end Frisk may or may not be literally Hitler?

didn't people tell you this months ago though?

These things take a while to set in.

Don;t give him any attention. It's literally some shit off a cringe subreddit.

>the game is infantile
>but I'm not going to detail it because it's obvious

every time

I like how you pretend that's a new post

Can we dance?

Undyne is passionate!

If we want to.

This statement is correct

About abandoning that stupid lizard and being my faithful wife who knows her place!

I love Undyne's personality, I just wish she were a bit more meek, submissive and quieter

And also that she had a nose and big big big boobies and she filed down her teeth

>dadfags

>momfags

>asrielfags

>undertalefags

>nose

you disgust me

papyrus rules

Do the Sneetches and Bar-Baloots and the Cat in the Hat and so on live in the Underground

They became double agents for Field Marshall Dr. Seuss and were pardoned for their assumed crimes against humanity.

This is my favourite canon ship tbqh

this is mine

that is my second favorite

I'm back. Are you guys still being mean to Papyrus? I'm still sad about it.

What is there to be mean about? Just because he's a near pointless character that only exist to make Sans look better shouldn't get you down.

But that is not canon as Frisk and Asriel only have platonic love for each other while Frisk is romantically involved with her many monster girlfriends

I'm going to bully Papyrus with compliments, hugs, and kisses until his entire skull is red with embarrassment.

I don't like you.
I DO like you!

Papyrus is a good friend and will always cheer you up!

Honestly though it always confused me why people would like Papyrus over Sans when he is byfar the more interesting skeleton. Is it just because Sans is more popular?

I like Papyrus's personality more. Sans, even when he hangs out, pulls a lot of pranks and jokes at your expense - not sure I'd want to hang out with someone who treats me as a punchline.

As for being interesting, I feel like Papyrus has much more interesting possibilities/interactions with the other characters.

>I feel like Papyrus has much more interesting possibilities/interactions with the other characters.
Like who? The only person that Papyrus is closer to than Sans is Undyne and MAYBE Asgore

Enough for me