T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 2nd of November:
1917 – The Balfour Declaration proclaims British support for the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 30/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1052560
EU4 DD 31/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1052692

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>[V2] - unHPM v1.5
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orléanist#/media/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_(1831-48).svg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Orléans#/media/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_(1830-31).svg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i fucking LOVE this general lads
HPM if you're reading this please come back soon xoxo

What's next? AFPG being accused of being Grandi? When does it stop, when there's noone else posting anything interesting?

La Plata

AFPG is based because he obviously isn't Grandi and often posts offtopic shit
Don't forget when he was ERP'ing with Hitlermod in Spanish

AFPG is white and based, unlike those other disgusting nonplatineans

AFPG doesn't dismiss replies, you can shitpost "ey lol make me a natsoc bohemia with a touch of roman empire nostalgia" and he will reply.

rapemod user is just another one of grandi's many schizo personas
it's sad that a man must suffer through so much simply because of the poor state of Brazillian healthcare. There's only so much medication available in those favelas...
perhaps the kind denizens of gsg could set up a patreon to support everyone's favorite content creator?

#MonkeyLivesMatter

At midnight on June 7th, the OKH breathes a collective sigh of relief: Leningrad has fallen. In a massive embarrassment to the Soviet Union, the birthplace of the Bolshevik revolution is in the hands of the Reich in just over three days, with the city's defenders suffering an estimated 12,500 casualties to the Reich's mere 500. Unprepared, unmobilized, unequipped and unmotivated, the defenders of Leningrad were frequently forced to charge German positions without sufficient weaponry in a bodily effort to retain the city of their revolution, but General Hausser--who is awarded the Iron Cross, First Class for his work in rapidly taking the city--viciously disabused them of their expectations.

The SS is already present in Leningrad, preparing to shift its Jews into ghettos and concentration camps and to move its viable workforce back into the Reich to compensate for the slacking of work brought on by mobilization, but Hausser and Schorner ignore them. Their duty is to defeating the Soviets, not managing the occupation, and to that end Schorner moves to encircle the Soviet armies at Viipuri from the rear, in the process opening a clear line of operation for the Axis forces in Finland through the German occupation zone surrounding Leningrad.

Nice false-flag, Grandi.

talex

>STILL cheating naval invasions

What do you even plan to do with Leningrad?

>Sir Oswald Mosley.jpg
he was knighted? for what?

Reminder thar HPM, R&I and AARnon are all the same autistic person. He deserves to be hospitalized.

is the international pariah modifier eternal?

I think i have it for 3 years and the militancy is hurting, even with all the social reforms

his father was a baronet

occupy it~

WHEN WILL CS.RIN.RU BE BACK UP REEEEEEEEEE

is there any point to using cream api when you can just torrent the entire game?

steam workshop.

Mostly use it as a staging base in the north, to operate south through. I don't want Finland to take control of most of the occupations I make from AG North, so by moving my troops out through Leningrad I can make sure the occupations go to me. It also provides a safe port for unloading reinforcements in the north, and for the Luftwaffe if I need it.

>During their marriage [Cynthia Mosley's] younger sister Lady Alexandra was a mistress of Mosley, as was, briefly, their stepmother, Grace Curzon, Marchioness Curzon of Kedleston.[3]

didn't know mosley was THIS based

why not just buy the game?

Oh, so cheating?

I'm trying to get democracy 2 dlc

But what was His favourite sex position????

Barbarossa was, logistically and strategically, one of the most complex operations ever planned in the history of warfare. Twelve top generals, along with the cooperation of the Reichsmarine and Luftwaffe leadership and full analytical support from the Abwehr, had spent the better part of a full year planning troop deployment, potential maneuvers, supply depots, and Luftwaffe bases. They prepared maps specifically tailored for each field commander's position, established supply necessities down to the last bullet to be placed in each stockpile, and even calculated the amount of oil that would be needed for daily operation (a stunning 55,000 barrels). It was a tremendous feat of human effort, but one which visibly paid off.

After the initial engagements along the line, with the unprepared Soviets choosing an immediate retreat and reorganization in most combat zones rather than continuing to fight the oncoming Germans, the strategic eventualities planned for in Barbarossa beyond the first engagements could finally be put into practice. This amounted to a strengthening of German forces which went beyond their material and doctrinal superiority, a well-preparedness which affected the entire army. Generals knew where to go, and when they were expected to be there; they knew their supply depots, Luftwaffe bases, and how much support they could rely upon on a daily basis. Well-laid plans like these could, of course, not last forever... but while they did, they would prove instrumental to the Germans' advance into the Union, which both the Fuhrer and OKH hoped would be rapid and decisive.

Anyone here ever win the Russian civil war as the whites in DH?

Trite

why have people given up on modding and writing AARs for paradox games?

Because after so many years, everybody got bored of them
Stellaris and HoI4 don't help either.
Hopefully their next game will flop and they will go back to making good games

no good new games

hopefully never ;)
>In the United Kingdom a baronet is a man who has the title Sir, like a knight, but who is neither
So a literally who that insists everyone calls him a knight.

>writing AARs for paradox games?
Because it's easier to upload a let's play to Youtube or stream on Twitch

Soviet losses along the line are, frankly, staggering. Even entirely unprepared for the war as they were and fielding infantry divisions with equipment that is years out of date, neither the planners of Barbarossa, OKH, or even the Fuhrer were prepared for the Soviets collapsing in such a grandiose fashion. Casualty ratios frequently approach 10:1, as the Soviets surge forward with outdated rifles and explosives in an effort to take down German divisions with overwhelming tank support--tanks that the Soviets, even with air support, cannot reliably destroy. The result is a slaughter, with the vaunted defense-in-depth of Marshal Tuchachevsky all that keeps the Soviet defense alive.

Across the entirety of AG Belarus--everywhere but the marshy terrain of Grodno--the Soviets are retreating, with only their divisions held in reserve behind the line of combat ready to stall the German advance. Although the Bolsheviks hold better against AG South, it is a narrow thing; that they break so easily in the north spells disaster for them, if they can be encircled by Germans rushing in from their flank.

"Steady," Field Marshal von Rundstedt warned his fellows one night, "and have a care to keep your men steady as well. The Soviets haven't finished mobilizing yet. When they field their divisions at the same strength as our own, we'll see how the war turns then. We have not won it yet."

Goodo

HPM is Turkslayer

yeehaw

>>Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History

White and based

Just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying this AAR and I'm sure there at least a few others enjoying it as well. Hope you aren't letting the shitposters get to you.

Put your trip back on AARlex GR&I

Holy crap Lubeck is OP in Meiou. with only 1 upper class my 12 ducets a year gave me top tier education and 5 was enough for a tier 5 court. I was getting 8 ducets a turn in trade cash so I was upgrading alot and with engineering ideas I could even keep up with the costs. I actually dont remember what base engineering development cost was, probably 5, but at 15 it was a pretty major chunk. almost 100% cost reduction. I just wish the Development build cost was revered. More people living in cities in your countries should mean more people to build things cheaper and better, when there are no cities you shouldnt be able to build things dirt cheap. Builders still need testing since they arent established in your country. That +100% build cost really screwed me over the whole time.

On the morning of May 11th, Lt. General Geyr von Schweppenburg informs OKH that he has outrun four Soviet "armies"--really little more than divisions--during his assault on Lwow. The retreating Soviets had attempted to outpace him, but according to the Lt. General the terrain was so poor, and their supply infrastructure so overwhelmed, that he was able to outflank them and force their surrender before they could make a full retreat.

About 50,000 men and several hundred tons of equipment are reported captured in the maneuver, but the real victory is the sudden and (for the Soviets) disastrous sapping of strength around the Lwow/Tarnopol salient, the latter of which is coming under increasing pressure from all sides. If von Schweppenburg can get into position in Lwow to outflank it from the northwest, it would spell almost certain disaster for one of the Union's strongest defensive positions.

Thanks user, I appreciate it.

game?

See I guarantee you if you requested a flag for a Bonapartist-Bourbonist-Robespierrist triumvirate France, he'd get right on it.

thanks

fags

Darkest Hour, using the DH Full module.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm not enjoying this AAR and I'm sure there at least a few others hating it as well. Hope you are getting hospitalized soon, fucking schizo.

>file deleted
epic

Shockingly, just two days later and at full Soviet mobilization, General Steflea of Romania replicates Lt. General von Schweppenburg's feat, outrunning two retreating Soviet armies and capturing about 40,000 men and several dozen tons of equipment. The Soviets are now down an estimated 10 divisions, between encirclements in Finland and the overrunning of their lines occurring along the main front. Although this is far from decisive, the weakening of their primary line and the onrush of Finnish and German troops in the north must assuredly force them to lengthen their line or face an unchallenged incursion from the north.

Taking a brief break, I should be back in about a half hour.

Go away

does anyone have an immigration+assimilation mod?

Based white Romanians

AFPG are You here?

I'm here lurking but otherwise a bit bogged down with work, so I may not be able to make flags today, unless they are really simple. I should be free-er by friday though.

Are you HPM too?

Thanks for posting. Kind of disappointed that the southern front is holding so you won't have a crisis to deal with but ah well.

Make a Bonapartist-Bourbonist-Robespierrist triumvirate France

If only. I wish I was half as good as he is at modding. I remember trying modding years ago and gave up almost immediatly. It just ain't my thing. I've helped a friend make a mod in the past with event paths and such, but when it comes to actually doing the technical implementation, I'm completely useless.

Why did You ERP in Spanish with Hitlermod?
Are You a faggot?

I have an idea for an alt history mod - what if Hitler got admitted to art school

>they're outnumbered almost 80-1
I almost feel bad

Communist germany most likely

Commie Germany and USSR versus the western nations

Can you add some of those Napoleon bees to the corners of please?

>helping France take the crown of Scandinavia
>Letting Scandinavia form instead of burning all 3 countries to the ground for reparations of their earlier crimes

Honestly, the only way I can see that working is just going with the plain tricolour.

I think I should also remove the fleurs that are over the white background, don't you think?

there is no worse punishment than DIRECT RULE FROM PARIS

How the fuck is this NOT replying to off-topic shitposts? You fuggot

No, those are to represent it being Bourbon, the CoA is Orleanist, it needs the bees now as well and it'll be complete.

>>helping France take the crown of scandinavia

But the Orleanistes used a different CoA.
Either the July Monarchy one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orléanist#/media/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_(1831-48).svg
Or the House of Orleans one, which is similar but has an heraldic difference (that thing over the fleurs)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Orléans#/media/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_(1830-31).svg

My bad, why were they at the top though?

I lost to a half-island of literal mud-eating niggers ama

Oh, i had positioned the slider roughly in the middle for no apparent reason totally not because i wanted someone to notice Ming

What about a tricolour with some Fleurs de Lise le whatever they're called, and a Napoleonic eagle in the middle?

They're holding for now, but keep in mind this is the Soviet Union at the beginning of Barbarossa; they're disorganized, they're strategically redeploying forces from Vladivostok so their TC is garbage, and their IC is about to take a huge dip due to the move to Siberia. They'll gradually gain more steam as time passes, or at least that's my expectation. At the very least I expect the river crossing to Odessa and the Pinsk marshes will fuck my advance for many weeks.

Shut up

Yes there is: Direct rule from Sacramento

Trust me the worst thing possible. I would take fucking Merkel over the shit they pull. At least She knows what shes doing is wrong. These potheads things theyre going to save the world.

To quote C.S. Lewis, of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Primary operations on the 13th--ten days after the commencement of Barbarossa--are focused in AG North and the Battle of Tarnopol at the joining of AG Belarus and AG South along the main line.

In Finland, German tanks have successfully reached the natural border between Karelia and the remainder of the Soviet Union, forming an unbreakable boundary and encircling the remaining Soviet divisions behind the line. Finnish and German forces are now cooperating to capture the remaining Soviets held in the various pockets at Kola, Kem, and Petrozavodsk, but poor infrastructure and rough terrain leads von Kleist to estimate that the final encirclement will not be completed until the beginning of June. The victory in Finland will thus be great, perhaps even decisive, but will come at the cost of Germany's Panzer operations for one full month. As soon as Finnish infantry corps reach the front the Panzers will reroute to Leningrad, but even at earliest estimations it isn't expected that the tank corps will see combat in the Baltic until early June, which is when it's expected that Guderian in Kola and Model in Belomorsk will only first get underway to Leningrad.

Meanwhile, in the south, a major struggle between the Axis and the Soviets is taking place at Tarnopol. The only site of serious Soviet resistance outside of the marshes of Grodno in the north, General M.M. Popov has decided to "hold ground at all costs" in an effort to delay a critical Axis break in the lines which would allow for a nigh-uncontested push to Kiev. Popov is a skilled commander and defensive expert while the Axis commander in charge of the operation, General Phleps, is more competent than skilled. Nevertheless, with overwhelming superiority and assaults on Tarnopol from all sides, it's expected that the battle will end with a crushing Axis victory, and the road to Kiev will be paved with the exhausted and battered troops Popov forced to try holding the line.

well no because
*brings the keyboard closer*
every 10 months the MP dynamic actually completely change.
i was looking at these old screenshots about how blobbing into Wallonia can actually advance the process of stopping Germa- Grill could you post that OC? yeah but its because your extra accepted pops can actually help you deal with von moltke and stop Germany from forming ... here we go
*looks over at the screen*
look at that ...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus I bet I could fight those things

why

>those graphics
>those duplicate portraits
Why would anyone willingly play this crap?

Who else /filtersAARautist/ here? Can't stand cheaters desu.

quality

all yours senpai

no dude, come on, thats wrong and you know it
it has to be 96x64

okay hows this

Not bad, but I'd use the smaller CoA. By which I mean, just the shield and the crown. Everything else is a bit too grand for a flag. The bees look nice, but I'm unsure about the positioning of the fleurs.

Why hasn't HPM gotten rid of this retarded shit with the Greek Sphere of Influence? Why would Britain get a scripted fucking sphereling twice? I can sphere them as Italy and the game removes it for some reason before the Congress for the Ottos and after it as well. It's fucking retarded, especially if I host the Congress and have the Brits at hostile/opposed in Greece.