/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vISGo5k4h3E
twitter.com/Kyoufu2011/status/925800132318253056
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gay bat not welcome

First for odogaron

Post Kirin sluts. Not because I like them. Not because I want to fap. Purely because I love when the "degenerate" poster is getting triggered.

None of the new monsters are fuckable.

I love em'

I fucking love the close range coating change.

Good

king jobber

Tobi is

Legiana is pretty fuckable.

>Tobikadashi gameplay at 13: 40
youtube.com/watch?v=vISGo5k4h3E

twitter.com/Kyoufu2011/status/925800132318253056

>that damage
pretty good for LR

I love Kirin girls.

He's in starter armor, he has no defense
Great Maccao in Gen did more damage than that in starting armor

Anjanath doesn't fuck around no more

I love how he doesn't use stamina to show off running while healing.

Capcom is pathetic.

Still up
Xx
03-8483-3908-1164

this

Eat shit, shill.

Why shouldn't I use SnS X finisher on downed monsters Offline?

Nah, you're wrong.
Also there already have been clips were hunters wore very good armor and took 50-70% hits.

Shut the fuck up, it's a fucking DEMO

But it's not. It's the actual game.

I does shit damage for twice the animation time

great maccao didn't do more damage than that Tobikadashi, while not in rage mode, and with starter armor

i'll go ahead and open up gen to test it out, too

No, there are clips now that aren't demo version.
Also you got the wrong guy you fucking halfwit.

>that pathetic damage with starter armor
And they said it wasn't casualized for the West. This game is gonna be garbage, full-stop.

this isn't the demo kek, it's the actual game.

KEK XDDD

retard crapcom shill losing his mind at people exposing how piss easy their game will be

Every day I now get the drink delicious hate filled tears.
I don't care about MHW anymore. Capcom already blessed me.

stop arguing or i will start posting lolis

No content, no challenge, nothing.
Of course, anyone with half a brain should have seen this coming.

But I want you to post loli

I only care if they're huntress lolis.

>KO king now goes up to 30% KO boost
Is it actually worth using this time?

Did mounting get this much hate, or are nintendies working double-time?

>if the list is true, they added Kirin and his shit fucking fight solely because of HD 4k 60 fps kirin girls
i'm okay with this

>it wasn't casualized for the West.
They admitted it in a french interview but also they said that the endgame was hard a usual.
F2 endgame was hard with White/Crimson fatty, Tri's hardest quests were event quest, so we will see.

No

>that the endgame was hard a usual
Man fuck this shit, what's with this focus on endgame? Why is it suddenly okay if the entire rest of the game suffers just because the last few monsters are still hard?

>Affinity Sliding
>1 point skill
>Increases affinity by 30% for a short time after sliding.

What's with all these ultra situational garbage skills in World?

Q: In Monster Hunter Tri, did caressing the pig before going on a hunt really increased the chances of looting?

A: (laughs) No, piggy was only there to help the players relax, but when we saw how many players believed in this legend we almost added to the game.

There's no way Kirin wasn't going to be around, considering the whole elder dragon part of the game's story, I'm just suspicious of that being a full list considering we have two areas to be revealed and only like four monsters listed with subspecies for some reason (counting Raths). There's other returning monsters that also have subspecies, like Jade Barroth, that aren't listed.

There's a clip of Anjanath killing a player from just above half HP with a fire sneeze. It has a pretty big windup so I'm guessing that his biggest attack, but still pretty brutal.

sounds like good old monster hunter

What is that, another set bonus like the Anjanath set? (Lowers stamina consumption below 30% HP)

>tfw did a GP on accident
That Kecha never saw it comming.

Skill on Kestodon gauntlets

I was hoping that maybe they wouldn't put all the good skills on one set this time
No, it's a 1 point skill on Kestodon arms

Interesting. I guess there'll be some weird situational shit in the 1 point category too, instead of just using some of the old weaker skills for that like Ranger or something.

>Each status has its own boosting skill
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's not how Monster Hunter works. There's always only 1 good armor set, especially in high rank games.

Endgame is where the real playability is. No one gives a shit about LR. I don't mind it getting easier, hopefully this will make the game more accessible and will incentive Capcom to keep investing on MHW

HD huntress midriffs, thighs, and butts!

>Artillery God is back
>for 3 points
WOOOOOO

Who cares, you only need Novice

I like the bat as a pokemon design, it's too cute and too much of an underdog to want it in MH especially the title that introduces monsters bullying each other. I'll just feel bad about killing the things, unless they turn out to be apceros-tier annoying.

>shelling might actually be worth doing now since you don't have to choose between boosting raw and boosting shells
neato

but gunlance

w-will Gunlace be finally good?

>artillery
>gunlance
what the fuck is wrong with you?

We also don't know what's up with shelling damage dropping at yellow sharpness
If shelling has a sharpness multiplier or scales with total attack now shit's gonna get cuhrayzee

Nice legs

>shelling might actually be worth doing now since you don't have to choose between boosting raw and boosting shells
Nope, they gutted shells' base damage, you're not going to be using shells at all.

>HD monster hips

if you have to ask that, you know the answer

Are you retarded?

>only one point for novice so it's practically a free skill
going to expert saw an increase in impact phial damage for CB, you just didn't reap the full benefit because it slightly overflowed the cap. It was still better than novice. God is the only one that was pointless because of bombardier.

Also for all we know there could be no cap on phial boosting for CB anymore.

Reminder that SA has phial bursts too now

Are you?

>Armor set skills start at 4 star sets
What a wasted opportunity. Also it's weird as shit now that armors are unified between gunner and blademaster and that each piece has set skills that don't change based on your weapon.

Like from the video if you a bladelet and want or wear a full anja gear you are getting 2 gunner skills useless to you, they are dis-incentivizing you wearing a complete set.

Are you? Boosting shit into turd territory is basically a placebo and won't salvage shells.

Those aren't explosive attacks, they're basically separate weapon hits. They're affected by hitzones and apply element.

You don't do it for shelling nigger, you do it for Wyvern fire and reduced the cooling time.

>potentially no limit on CB phials now
Now I become death.

WF is even worse than shelling.

Why do they nerf gl every game

>Falling rock does 350 damage
>Standard Greatsword jumping attack to Anjanath's face does 70
I don't think it's gonna be worth the time spent luring shit into these traps
Nice to use if the monster walks there on their own I guess, since it gets a free knockdown

Wyvern fire is absolutely worthless. It should literally never be used.

Also I have a sinking feeling that Ammo type Up/Add skills are trashed.

Just stop retard, stop talking.

It depends on the GL type you dumbass. Long as the highest WF dmg (which is the only one you should be using).

And even that one is a waste of time and sharpness.

>Also I have a sinking feeling that Ammo type Up/Add skills are trashed.
Probably, since they want you to switch between ammo types a lot now.

>GS brainlets

Why do you even want shells to be good?
They're slow, clunky, boring, and if they're allowed to be good they'd just turn GL into a braindead easy mode weapon since they ignore hitzones so you don't even have to bother with aiming or positioning.
No-shell GL is the best GL.

GS is probably the highest IQ weapon at higher level play.

>Anjanath does the same shit as Glaive Anus where just being near his mouth when he's enraged sets you on fire
Fucking gross, why can't they just make that shit a small heat aura like Teostra? Might make the fucking Heat Res skill slightly less awful.

I just want it so that it isn't a fucking waste if I use them to mix up a combo

...But that's shit. Bowguns have always been about specializing in only one ammo type.

What did the GS brainlet mean by this?

So please enlighten me in how you're supposed to play GL then?

inb4 you don't

>No-shell GL is the best GL.

It wasn't nerfed at all though, it got buffs on several moves, it got more free form combo paths, and it has an actual burst combo now.
The only thing that got nerfed was the part you weren't supposed to use to begin with.

It requires perfect knowledge of the monster's moveset, along with perfect positioning and extensive planning ahead of time, in order to continually land level-3 charges. It also requires knowledge of stagger thresholds.

For the above, there are several very real chances to tank a hit, head on, compared to if you were playing a simple weapon like SnS, or DS, where you can just weave in and out, without consequence.

someone post the 140 garuga webm

>get mh3u working on cemu
>it runs and plays quite smoothly
>these fucking squares constantly flickering on the screen
help

>someone post the insanely buggy and extremely exploitable monster
Don't forget to ignore that 140 zin run

> perfect knowledge of the monster's moveset
So does every other weapon on high.level play
>along with perfect positioning and extensive planning ahead of time
So does literally every other weapon on high level play
>stagger thresholds
See above

Position, planning, knowledge are all basics os every weapon, GS brainlet. Things like DB or LS are harder to master just because in addition to all that, they still have gauges to manage. And let's not even get into CB