/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Eh edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/31

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/688470/Gloria_Sinica_Han_Xiongnu_Wars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should I buy the Mount & Blade bundle?
What one do I play?

Bannerlord when?
How do I fast travel?

>Should I buy the Mount & Blade bundle?
>What one do I play?
read the pastebin
>Bannerlord when?
never
>How do I fast travel?
you can't but you can fast forward map movement with ctrl+space

I've got no companions in taverns in dickplomacy from OP. How do I fix it?

Just buy Warband for the moment.
You'll have other sales to buy the rest if you're interested, trust me.

Just wait for Bannerlord at this point.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pirate Warband. Buy Bannerlord if you like Warband, it should be coming out soon.

no niggers allowed

PW players are niggers

Reminder that they aren't even finished Implementation / Coding and Testing.
Reminder that bug fixing will last months after that is finished.
Reminder no Bannerlord before 2019 at the earliest.

Oh right, new blog tomorrow.
I'm betting on a quick summary of Sturgia

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

This is Rhodok soil

turkroaches are not people
also never ever

what about dynasty warriors?

Which city is the capital of the empire?

dhirim

Pravend was its Rome but they already lost it and transitioned to their "Byzantine" stage in Bannerlord

just fuck my empire up senpai

store.steampowered.com/app/688470/Gloria_Sinica_Han_Xiongnu_Wars/

what's a better mod for empire building aCoK or aWoIaF?

Keep yourself safe GoT baby

So is Diath the most central city now?

I would say Amitatys.

aWoIaF is more difficult in the beginning and is based off brytenwalda, it's better executed than aCoK but aCoK has more quests and things to do before you become a powerful vassal/king. I personally like aWoIaF more mostly because it's closer to VC than Diplo, also no random mushroom encounters

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

khuzaits are the strongest race in the world

does each faction in aWoIaF have some sort of specialty? like say ironborn are really good at destroying shields because of their axes or the reach having the best noble cavalry

What about that zombie mod?

next is Khuzaits, because turks

>modern day mongolians are the same but with tracksuits

>hordes of saber-wielding feather jacket and tracksuit wearing mongolians on horses
Sounds like we've got a new faction for whatever is the next gangs of glasgow.

Unironically my favorite faction in the game. It feels good to lead an army made entirely out of cavalry and just zerg rush everything.

Hopefully sieges aren't going to suck as much for them in butterlord. I'd be nice if you were able to keep your horse during them and then ride into the city streets bodying people left and right after breaking the gates open for the true sacking experience.

The siege demo last year had the player start out mounted, so you probably can use horses in sieges.

Yeah, it goes pretty much as follows:
Reach: Good Cavalry that comes early in troop tree
Stormlands: Balanced tree with blunt weapons focus, good for manhunting early on
Ironborn: Best heavy infantry
Dorne: Exotic mix of lightly armored troops
Riverlands: Good Archers
Vale: Mix of strong heavy infantry and knights, a bitch to siege
Westerlands: Good pike and well-armored crossbow units that can hold up in melee, pretty good for sieges
North: Weaker cavalry but good spears and archers
Targ Invasion: balanced tree with strong cavalry and lighter armor
Night's Watch: Strong archers, weaker infantry and cav
Free Folk: Pretty trash all around, easy to siege

I'm mostly pulling this from memory so if anyone wants to correct me they're welcome

Can anyone recommend me some modules?
I already played VC, 1257AD, and Dickplomacy/CTT. I thought about trying Calradia 1050 but i would like a complete overhaul with a new map and everything.

I enjoyed perisno

Is it good? I heard it's unbalanced sometimes.

CoMM is fun for a while, with the locations you can assault, like crypts.
It also has magic.

Will these changes make hired blades op? I'm editing the mercenaries to be more desirable by giving them stats comparable to their counterparts but with better armor variation. This gives them an advantage over other units, but it only shines when you amass mercenaries. I figure this will balance out well since their downside is their 50% increase in cost, which makes amassing them not cost effective even if they are better. I don't want them to be overpowered though, just ever so slightly stronger, and it's hard to gauge with hired blades since I have to balance them against swadian sergeants (meh stats but good armor) and rhodok sergeants (good stats, but armor variation is wide).

it doesn't really matter because the AI doesn't use mercs and native is stupidly easy

>holy calradian empire

>Holy
>Caladrian
>Empire

It's tough at the beginning. You can recruit 4-5-tier troops directly at castles and towns if you have the money (1-2k per single unit), and certain factions are better at certain things than certain other factions.

There is an OP custom unit (10k per single unit) that can be ridiculous, but you'd basically have to own half the map to be able to field any amount of them.

I enjoy fantasyshit so I had a good time, you can also marry the dragon princess so that's cute.

yeah i love plate armor :)

why does he have a dagger instead of a sword

Phantasy Calradia is probably one of the most interesting mods out there. Its just desperately in need of some balancing

Dagger is actually one of the best weapons to kill heavily armored opponents as you can easily and deftly slip it into the joints of the armor.

It seems a bit weird as the primary weapon for a knight.

It's a kid's armour suit

What the fuck are those peasants going to do against an armored knight? Knibba could shrug off hits from spears and swords and fuck up any of those poorfags close range.

protip: that's not a real suit of armor

Maybe maces or a wooden flail?

it's not a suit of armor at all

PW has been shit since 2012 tbqhwyf

testing is literally the last stage. in fact, all of those things go on at pretty much all stages of development. youre hardly even making a statement other than "its not out yet," which is pretty much exactly what the picture says

yes

DA MACEBOYS RULE

When's the last time you lost a battle, /mbg/?

My VC squad met their end after my king in Mumain went to war with Mierce. I spent months racking up like 100k worth of plunder before I carelessly zoomed out in enemy territory and ran into three campaigning Mercian lords.

My 298 lads which included over 160 Veteran mercenaries, 30 high-tier archers and around 20 Nobles from various cultures killed around 650 of the 730 enemies. Now to start from the ground up.

I feel like almost all of my losses (regardless of the module) come from getting overconfident and not watching my surroundings overhead.

I robbed a caravan from East Engle when i was a mercenary for Northumbria and the king of the anglos attacked me on the sea when i sailed past Dunwic. I killed around 70-90 enemies with my 70 guys before i got fucked.
They continued to hate me even after my mercenary contract ended.

fuck these faggots and their fat ass lord

Who /Wolfpack/ here?

Back to Battania with you, forest bandit

wolves are faggy af
hang yourself you nordick furfag

>the next gangs of glasgow.
I was actually thinking that a spiritual successor for that could be a berkeley mod for warband. With the factions being the campus police, antifa, white-nationalists, BLM, radical-centrists, etc.

you might be on to something here user

Just stab them from horseback at speed with a lance or black iron spear. They have no head armour.

if you have cheats on your can ctrl+click on the map

That's a pretty gay wolf, get something more threatening or heraldic.
>nordics are the only ones that used wolves on their banners.

I lose a few battles early game (mod depending) because I solo-attack large parties for that sweet sweet renown. Occasionally get hit by a stray arrow etc, but the exp/loot/renown you get for winning 1v30 generally shortens the early game a lot.

yeah but that's cheating

lil irish boy gettin fucked by big anglo dicc

kek

you are gay

they don't make em like they used to

now that's a badass set

STAND AND DELIVER

What's the latest screenshot you guys took?

How did they manage to make VC so fucking ugly?

by using warband engine

It's the bodybuilder bodies imo.

turks

it looks fine

does CTT generally work with most mods?

>Pirate Warband.
literally why

You are the worst kind of pirate

it hasn't been added to any mods besides diplomacy and dickplomacy

probably not
especially since it was just on sale for like $5 and goes on sale like 10 times a year

Shucks.

it wasn't made by turks

They don't deserve the money.

So which Calradia is which?
My guess is Orange is WRE, Pink is ERE, and Green is ???

Why?

Because they suck at making games.

it looks fine though
why wouldn't they

Then why the fuck are you in this general? Go do something you like for fucks sake.

Southern Empire is purple, Northern Empire is pink, Western Empire is orange. They're all basically the same and appear to share a troop tree, earlier in development they were one faction but it was too OP so the made it a civil war situation.