What defines "to be white" ?

Hey Veeky Forums,

What exactly defines the "white race", what exactly defines being "white"? Except for obvious things of skin color? I've read that slavs for example are not considered "white", even though most of european slavs are, indead, white. So what makes a Human "white" ?

>Not a racist btw, just want to understand what makes people believe that white Humans are not "white" but rather something else.

North Western europe

Originally it referred to Northern Europeans exclusively, then it was expanded to include all Europeans and nowadays I've seen people describe it as more of an attitude than a racial marker.

what makes you white is being of a generaly caucasoid phenotype and living among your own people

the moment you move away, especially westwards, you gradually become less and less white as you enter among other populations who are obviously white since all their people are white, but since youre not one of them you dont get to claim the same white status

also caucasian people from other countries are not necesarily white, but your people allways are, pure white

No. The Spanish invented that concept.

Slavs are considered white by literally everyone who's not a memer from /int/. Stop spending so much time on imageboards.

Christian Europeans
(not included Catholic/Orthodox Albanians)

>I've read that slavs for example are not considered "white"
You're spending too much time on /pol/

Descended from Noah through Japeth, and not being Asian. Asians and Caucasians have the same root father in Japeth.

I think "white" is a useful term only because it's what people use. I call myself white because that's what people would call me. With that being said, I consider myself part of the Indo-European "family".

To me being white means having most of your ancestors who spoke an indo-european language and belonged to an Indo-European culture, AND belong to the appropriate haplogroups. Whites should also primarily Slavs and Brits and Germans and Latins are not only all white; They are all the same group of people (in my eyes). This includes Iranians and Indians who are not significantly mixed with semites/dravidians. White ideals are rooted in a will to power, spiritualism, and creativity. I also think whites have a propensity for heroism and leadership.

This isn't a very academic answer, but that's because you aren't going to get one from anyone.

The only people who say Mediterraneans and Slavs aren't white are either memers, or delusional /pol/tards

The definition of being "white" changed during history and also it also depends on where you live. So, there is no universal definition of being "white".

Anglo Saxtons, Francos, Spaniards and Nords.
t. Polish
Slavs aren't white ffs

Oh look, it's a self-hating Pole on Veeky Forums.

Fuck off, Mongol.

Probably some hohol immigrant thinking he's Polish.

Whiteness basically emerged from the rhetoric of heritageless American racial theorists who felt the need to form an "American race" and latch on to some past greatness and pretty thought of lumping all of European civilization(s) together to form "white identity." Leading Americans to use a bewildering number of terms such as calling themselves "Anglo Saxons" "Saxon Teutonics" "Aryan" or whatever.

If you looked at what the hell was happening in Europe at the same time, it was different. Nobody was talking of "muh whiteness" over there. Nationalism was the name of the game over there and racial theory often tried to fit to nationalism in Europe.

It is the same thing with "Black" identity really. Rootless descendants of African slaves racing to build an identity and including Africa with it. Meanwhile there is no such thing as "black" in Africa since they all associate themselves with their given tribes/nations/kingdoms or whatnot.

>self hating
Notice how every "white" nation has become a pussified state, while Slavic pride has been going strong since forever.
Plus we're not responsible for slave trade or colonialization, the cornerstones for "white guilt". If we were WHITE, we would feel guilt for these things, but the thing is, SLAVS NEVER DID THAT STUFF.
Sure it can be because we're poor or didnt have the ability to, but this leaves a historical reason for why we aren't white.

idc about being white

LUBI NAS NIEWIELU
WIĘKSZOŚĆ NIENAWIDZI
BOJĄ SIĘ NAS WSZYSCY
W SZCZEGÓLNOŚCI ŻYDZI

Now that's a different take.... i like it.

You are white. You are Indo-European. You are genetically similar to almost every neighboring country. If you think what I'm talking about is actually ethnicity then you are an idiot.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Slavs, is in fact, Wends and Slavs, or as I've recently taken to calling it, masterrace and slavshits. Slavs are not an ethnic group unto itself, but merely a linguistic group made useful by based Wends, a vital group thanks to which Europe exists.
Many /int/ users mistake Wends for Slavs every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the Wendish group is often called "Slavs", and many of /int/olerants are not aware that it is basically the Wends, a Central European masterrace.
There really are Slavs, but Wends are no part of it. Wends are different, much more civilized and stuff. This is essential for you to realize. Slavs often include Wends, but basically it's Slavs with Wends added. All the so called "Western Slavs" are really Wends

He's talking about "white" as a Western European burden of colonialism.

Pretty much this, with some Slavic nationalism sprinkled in

In your opinion, do you think I should feel guilty for colonialism? I'm an American who is mainly scottish with anglo-saxon, norman, danish, and italian mixed in.

Not him, but no, you shouldn't.
Doesn't mean SJWs aren't going to try and choke you with the white guilt.
Meanwhile that argument doesn't apply to Slavs (maybe only to Russians, but not nearly as much as to Western Europeans as a whole).

Being white is a concept that has changed over time and said definitions have had little to do with genetics, but more with societal concepts.

But, overall, most sane people in this world, in our days, will refer to as "white" to anyone who is fair skinned and whose ancestors are Indo-Europeans.

Mind you, in plenty of cases ethnicity is given a higher priority than race, such as in the case of Ashkenazi Jews and White Hispanics.

In my honest opinion, if your family moved into America within the last 3-4 generations, you shouldn't feel too much guilt since your people were squatting on potato fields for centuries and, as far as I know, you shouldn't feel guilty.
Like the other guy said, SJWs will choke you for it because you are in fact anglo saxton and one of the main proponents of colonization.

In my opinion the most guilty should be the Spanish, they basically took half a continent for slavery

The edges are blurry, but basically it's people with a recent genetic stock from Europe.
Blurry edges: Spain and Moortugal, Southern Italy, Slavs (don't share the civilisational ethos dominant in the West - Faustianism), mixed people (including Mischlings), Iranians and Afghans, Fins, Albanians (self-explanatory).
It's a status that can be earned and lost to some degree, as demonstrated by the Albanian category.

Eternally butthurt Polish kike from KC spotted

>Meanwhile there is no such thing as "black" in Africa

There is now.

Well they haven't exactly done that. I'm a member of the Jamestowne Society. My ancestor from Jamestowne was the second richest man in Virginian history up until the mid 1800's. My people were basically Scottish nobility who came here because they were catholic.

Portuguese have also fucked up a lot of natives and slaves, but people don't bring them up since they aren't a big group in the United States.

Post a picture I will tell you if it's of White nation or not.

Slavs will never be white, fuck off, they have half the world to themselves.