Is post-modernism the final stage?

Is post-modernism the final stage?

why do edgy white kids always hate suburbs so much despite being raised in idyllic ones themselves?

t. raised in the bronx

Post-Modernism is very hard to pin down, can almost be anything new

That shit was gentrified long ago fuckboy.

Yeah, but what's after that?

>can't walk places
>have to take mom's minivan to go anywhere that isn't the burbs

it sucks

Cont.
I mean, it's like post-modernism is the final stage in every art.
I mean after Andy Warhol there are no really important artists, after him is just a variation on the same subject

post-modernism is a meaningless meme

Agreed. I always thought I was raised in hateful suburbs but there was actually a walkable downtown and shit happening not too far away.

But the car-dependancy is huge and real.
It's a cultural vacuum.
It's dominated by what's happening on TV.
It's so safe that it feels boring.
It's totally focussed on the future i.e. "Do good in school to get a good job to get a wife to have some kids to raise them in the suburbs, etc."

There isn't too much to like, all things considered. That's why they all moved to Brooklyn after college (and that's why they all wanted to go away to college more than anything on earth)

>>Yeah, but what's after that?
for women, lots of sex
for men, lots of nihilism

>>It's totally focussed on the future i.e. "Do good in school to get a good job to get a wife to have some kids to raise them in the suburbs, etc."
Yeah but the pleb have only morality to feel better, but of course, the morality by the classical/new liberal is just going to school to become a a good citizen, a good employee and a good classical.new liberal

>"Do good in school to get a good job to get a wife to have some kids to raise them in the suburbs, etc."
that's a lot better than "holy shit why the fuck did I have three kids holy shit why am I in a fucking tenement paying so much for rent holy shit"

True. The drive toward suburbanism was driven by being in a place that "is nice to raise children" (i.e. no scary poors) with "good school" (i.e. not a school with scary poors), but that creates it's own kind of vacuum.

New Liberal idealism seems pretty bland all around.

I'm hardly advocating reckless reproduction. I'm just saying what is at the core of suburban ennui.

It is safe and responsible, with focus on education and the future. That shit is boring as hell to most teenagers.

"And you may ask your self MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
LETTING THE DAYS GOO BYYYYY

"And you may ask your self MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE
LETTING THE DAYS GOO BYYYYY"

>mfw I never grew up in a all white surburb 30min away from a big city
>raised instead in a small Mexican town in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
>no girl next door, no neighborhood barbecue, no friends to ride bikes with around the street,
My entire youth was wasted

Being in the suburbs without a vehicle leaves you feeling stranded, isolated, alienated etc. Most suburban development in post white flight America is distant enough from workplaces that the prospective homeowners were going to commute regardless, so the need for transportation in all other regards as well wasn't an issue for them.
Reliance on automobiles is naturally atomizing and alienating, and suburban communities themselves were designed with modularity and exclusion in mind.

kek

only a white kid would get mad about not being allowed the opportunity to pack into a crowded bus with homeless people instead of driving their own comfy car to get somewhere

They get mad because they don't have cars.

Pomo is probably final stage of Western Civilization. It is not the end of history, however,

It's very hard to see how anything could follow it, but then I'm sure that was true for the Modernists and for every avant movement before that.

idk maybe they should ride bikes

that seems to be their primary mode of transport when they move to places like bushwick

Low key, biking is the best means of transportation.

GAME OVER

Until recently, the suburbs were generally very hostile to biking. Most still are. Bikes are prohibited from being on the sidewalks, and bike lanes are quite rare.

>Bushwick
NYC is actually a pretty good place for bikes. Plenty of bike lanes, and car traffic is generally restricted to low speed limits and frequent stop signs/traffic lights. This is not the case in auto-centric suburban wasteland where biking can be much more dangerous. Plus, biking in the NYC is "cool" whereas in cartopia you can look like you are a poor, convicted of a DUI, or an eco-freak.

It wasn't all great

>grow up in all white suburb in the South
>busing laws from the fucking Kennedy Era meant that I went to school in the inner city instead of my neighbors
>school was a literal nightmare because niggers
Maybe suburbia outside of the South was better, but it wasn't all it's cracked up to be for me.

It's Post-Modernism just defined as "whatever happens after what's going on right now"? So basically post-modernism can just be anything.