/twg/ - Total War General

Noble steed edition

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix soon, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

Care to take a roll?

G O B L I N S

What's your opinion on vampires?

Rolling downhill, much like my current campaign.

They're not elves. So, there's that going in their favor.

Does the engineer buff for dwarves stack linearly or diminish returns?

Gobbo?

rollin

Man redditrats lore is pretty cool. Ikit Claw and ratling gunners when? Does he have any rivalries with any non skaven people so we can get a like Grim and the Grave/Warlords dlc pack with them and a counter part to get 2 TWH2 factions up to 3 LL?

they were better when the bloodlines were distinct, gave stat bonuses, and restricted abilities and magic items

Mark my words Ikit Claw will be the FLC lord because CA knows people would want to pay more for Thanquol

Gobbo!

CA's love for vampires makes me think they might make each bloodline a separate faction but then again their love of laziness makes me think they wont

Also how is the clan Skyre nigga over 400 years old? They constantly say how Skaven lives are short so they don't record history but he was there before the 2nd civil war that lasted 400 years and is still here. EXPLAIN WARP SHIT

I always wanted to read these lore books, but I dont have an iPad for them.

wait hol up

The average skaven lives 20 years, and they usually don't die from old age. Powerful skaven can be functionally immortal thanks to a magical substance known as Skalm, which also heals wounds.

Thanquol would be a special promotion like Grombrindal, there's no way

does the AI empire still get BTFO in ME

So what the fuck are grudges?

Is there a Warhammer character that could even possibly EVENTOUCH Karl Franz? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Reikland Prince Karl Franz with a full complement of Reiksguard Knights from Castle Reiksguard. I’m not talking about Elector Count Karl Franz with the Reikland Runefang either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Emperor Karl Franz riding Deathclaw, equipped with Ghal Maraz, a regiment of Demigryph Knights, the full armies of Wissenland and Middenland the batteries of Nuln’s Imperial Gunnery School, the full might of the Altdorf Conclave of Wizards, and the Church of Sigmar’s Warrior Priests at his beck and call. I’m talking about Sigmar-Valten-Franz infused with the spark of Ulric’s divinity and the wind of heaven, wielding Ghal Maraz with all the winds of magic incarnates guarding his back.

Rock the boat!

Army/flag painter and LL customization when?
Its getting fucking late!

Anything they might considering an act of having been wronged.

What's the Creamapi for 2 to unlock Welfs and Beastmen? Cs.rin.ru is down so can't check.

I want to be Isabella's blood bag. Or any female vampire. PLEASE use me.

I mean they've shown they have no problems with different factions sharing units so I'm sure it wouldn't be too much for them to just change a few numbers and add some unique numbers. Maybe each bloodline gets a unique unit or two but they should mostly be very similar

Will GW ever allow it? How does the contract work exactly? Does CA go there and basically get a full permit to use all the lore and whatever the fuck they want for a certain time in exchange of a cut?

Don't we all user?

Dwarven autism

Can vampires fuck? If they can, is it possible for a mortal man to impregnate a vampire lady?

Why in fuck is my reliability rating going down randomly? I've not broken any sort of treaties or anything.

I notice it keeps doing it after making peace with someone.

making peace to soon after starting a war causes your reliability to go down

is there more of this?

Made peace with someone who you're allied with is at war with/you joined their war?

Yes.

A fucking battleaxe buried on each others heads thats what is missing.

does a lords aura do anything becides boost leadership?

is there somewhere I can download a bunch of warhammer fantasy comics?

lets see here

no

Not sure if any one was interested but this is Irondrakes vs Warpfire throwers.
Anyone want any other comparisons while I'm goofing around with it?

sorry you also get 3 extra models per unit card for warpfires, also ID cost 200 more points in MP

Third page is already here

Greatswords vs Swordmasters of Hoeth

Bestigors vs whatever is the best non monstruous infantry of lizardmen.

The end.

phoenix guard vs temple guard

15 more Greatsworders per unit. cost 350 less than Swordmasters, they do lack deflect projectiles.
OK, probably temple guard then?

thx for posting

>20 years

Thirteen is where they start dying of old age. Just another reference to their favourite number.

Same unit size, bestigors cost 200 less than TG but are unshielded
(also side note, these aren't including all the passives at the bottom since that's too much work this late maybe tomorrow)

PG cost 200 more, have same unit size, have charge defense against all instead of just Large

>new historical expansion within 12 months
>new historical saga title within 12 months
>new historical tentpole within 12 months

history train coming through, swerve fantasy nerds

>aghol does nothing but invade my lands with their 20 stack horse armies
>after 100 turns push them back
>leave them with 1 settlement as punishment
>forget about province
>get notice that's its being raided
>see this

ah... so this is the power of... very hard AI...

We the harmony train, boy. We all hitching our wagons to the same choochoo.

made the same mistake. Now they have four 19/20 chaos troll armies

Never leave the Norscan shits alive.

Guys, how do I remove elf scum from the forests of Athel Loren? 3
I keep getting fucked by these cunts coming out of every direction, there is attrition killing my troops, each settlement has 2 giant armies + garrison (assholes keep camping their trees) that make it impossible for me to auto-win, even with 3 armies, and then manual battles are a giant clusterfuck which I can't micromanage, cant even heal my troops properly because the forest is cursed or something, and then some dirty knife ear kills my the green knight which I've been saving for 50 turns or so
I've been savescumming so much that I'm disgusted at myself and contemplating about deleting the save files

Should I ignore the elves for now and attack them after I get my hippogryphs and grail knights?
Or maybe there is an easy way to do this that I'm not aware of?

>more history than fantasy in the next 12 months
>zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

That's kind of the point. Athel Loren is supposed to be largely unassailable and full of angry elves and malevolent forest spirits that rep their set and defend their turf to the death.

They don't really leave their forest. You're safe to just make peace and ignore them completely.

All the treehuggers are isolationist, so you can just make peace with them and they'll stay in their forest until you're ready to invade. Early/Mid game, the stacks their settlements have + their high level armies make it almost impossible without using attrition tactics and just drowning them in multiple stacks.

Ah good....
Was afraid they would try to backstab me while I'm fighting somebody else
Will try removing norsca instead

>click on Phoenix Guard
>no sound
Cutting corners hoping we won't notice. Fucking CA

The suffering will end soon

>Currently stuck in Elf Vietnam fighting Wood Elf shits as Bretonnia
>Lothern has declared war
ELF SHITS, LOOKS LIKE THE LADY IS GONNA BE GETTING A BIGGER LAKE

Do you think Isabella likes anal? Does Vlad ever take her to browntown?

You got it easy, I have been fighting WE, HE, Estalia, and Skaeling for over 40 turns, that´s more than 9 stacks I have torn apart with only Loun, The Fey, and Alberic....

The funny thing is, as brettonia, we benefit from war, it´s almost like the brets are the orks of humanity.

>click on thunderers
>"QUARRELERS!"

When comparing stats user, use the Multiplayer stats. Campaign stats are too variable based upon items and so forth.

Kholek could be easily countered and taken down by a properly equipped generic Dreadlady who has 990 Weapon Strength, 133 Melee Attack, and 112 Melee Defense, making it nearly impossible for Kholek to dodge her attacks or land a hit on her. I use that as an example because a Bloodscourge named Dreadlady I had solo'ed a Level 40 Kholek and two units of 9 chevron Chosen at the same time. The point of my example being all the effects you can gain in the Campaign make it far too variable to really judge fairly. Anyone who stacks Ward saves for example or Physical Resistance can destroy most other units without being touched.

In multiplayer? It's much easier to see how stats break down. And Kholek unfortunately does not match up with the best of the best, nor does he have magic. He's decent I'd say, and his high mass makes him pretty baller in wrecking units, but there are better dueling Legendary Lords.

And by 9 stacks I mean I constantly have had about 9 stacks visible on the map for the past 40 turns.

Might as well

Well I didn't include the Varg and some pissant mountain dwarves, cause they aren't much trouble.

they decided to attack my settlement with a 1000 troop garrison + 20 stack army

for some reason i got to control the full 40 stack while they had to wait for reinforcements
made it way too easy
also got this cool ass map

The worst part is it doesn´t matter if I destroy 3 stacks in a single turn, they got more coming and refuse to accept peace. Needless to say lighting strike has been invaluable to survive this onslaught.

Mad Henrik was in the know, i bet he survived the end times.

savage orcs are fun as fuck

>Belegar is actually going for eight peaks
Never saw this happen before, is it because i'm playing Queek?

>Playing Bretonnia
>Norsca up north in need of a cleansin
>Vampires wars 2.0 in the Empire
>Skavenblight conquering Tilea/Estalia
>Forest neets raiding
>Goblins stealing Empire clay
>Beastmen pooping in the Lady's Lakes
>Desert vampires outta control
>Dark Elves running rampant in Ulthuan
>And to top it off, Karak fuckin Azul is the world superpower

There's just not enough Knight's in Bretonnia for all the Crusading I need to do.

Just finished my Franz campaign, let's go

CRUSADE HARDER YOU UNCHIVALROUS FOOLS!

i havent played DE in vortex should i save them for that? how is mom in Vortex?

Hes AI with Skarniks is scripted that he wants it.

>new literally who campaign pack for Rome 2 comes before Tomb Kings
>so many history content next year that we'll barely get any new Warhammer content for ME
>the history content in question isn't even Medieval 3 or something equally cool, it's fucking Ch*na, an overhaul and a standalone expansion
Is this the worst timeline?

yes

That little fucker chased me all the way to 8 Peaks on my Skarsnik campaign.
It was fun

shut the fuck up

HARDER

>waaaaaaah

I'd really rather have more races for Warhammer than whatever new spearmanii game we'll get

Call me when there is a Medieval 3 ranging from to new world to india, otherwise history can fuck off

TOO HARD

Vampire army for Isabella is some serious shit.

rollan dolan

Is there anything DLC related regarding Warhammer 2 that is confirmed?

nothing

The only thing 100% is Tomb Kings with 4 lords.

You can be just about certain we'll be getting rivalry packs between HEvDE and LizardsvSkaven, though. Beyond that nothing is remotely close to certain.

Why won't these nigs do diplo with me.

>war with X faction
>ally does nothing
>ally swoops in and takes last settlement blocking me from taking province

WHY
THIS HAPPENS FUCKING CONSTANTLY