Can anyone ID this criminal?

What is his true identity / name?

Individual in photo has scammed multiple people, including OP, for thousands of dollars through craigslist / Venmo in Bay Area (San Jose)

Alias: "Joe Gomez", "Lewis Crane"
Crime: Fraud
Time: 12:45 PM, 4/2/2017

Method: Target craigslist Coachella ticket sellers, meet with buyers after sending venmo payment, take product, cancel venmo transaction, disappear.

Venmo IDs: @Joe-Gomezz, @gomez-joel-991

Number used: (510) 270 - 0411

Confrontation: youtu.be/lAEslLmUgqg

Background: Was able to use a different phone number to contact Joe regarding tickets for sale. "Joe" repeated exact same scam, but was expecting a different party. I wanted to lay hands, but did not do so to avoid assault charges.

Veeky Forums any id wizards here? if this is the wrong place, channel, please advise

best case scenario, go to this scum's parents and tell them to return product/cash or file police report

thanks for your time Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/34462...
scribd.com/document/344624197/San-Jose-Police-Department-Joe-Gomez-Incrimination
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know that guy. His name is Todd Howard and he lives in Maryland.

Thank you,

FYI document provided to criminal in Confrontation: Document provided to criminal in video:

scribd.com/document/34462...

scribd.com/document/344624197/San-Jose-Police-Department-Joe-Gomez-Incrimination

why don't you spam bay area social media with this? might have better luck because that would be more targeted. people will share because they hate theives What % of posters here do you think are from bay area. biz has posters from all over the world . New York. London. Paris. Milan. Hong Kong. Tokyo. Toronto.

Hope you catch the guy. Mr. Howard's a well-known con artist on the East Coast. He's a skilled liar and people keep falling for his tricks.

Do you know anything else about him?

High School, College, Facebook?

LEAVE ME ALONE!

That's a great idea

I'm spamming Veeky Forums because part of me is hoping to get a troll army behind me to get internet shaming justice

One time he sold a friend of mine some climbing gear.
"See that mountain? You can climb it," he said.
But when my friend picked it up it was just painted plywood. He couldn't climb that mountain.

good call. use all avenues at your disposal i guess. good luck man!

Yeah just posted to /r/SanJose & /r/BayArea, hopefully something comes up

>he buys a shitload of Coachella tickets

I dunno OP, maybe look for someone selling a shitload of Coachella tickets.

this guys gotta pay

Honestly it's your fault for getting scammed in the first place. How dumb do you have to be to be scammed like this? Any who buys tickets off craigslist?

There is literally no way for you to get your money back and the money is probably already gone anyways. I don't mean to sound like I am on his side but really, it seems all this work you are doing is emotion and ultimately futile.

You are correct. My greed got the best of me, and I should have been more careful.

Plenty of people still buy tickets off of craigslist.

The chances of getting any money back is extremely slim, I'm more interested in making the general public aware and filing a police report.

To do that, I need to know who he is as a start

The work may be futile in the end, but I think it's worth a shot

And if you were more of a man, you would have gone up to him, picked him up by his shirt and demand your money back. You think a fucking chronic craigslist scammer is going to file assault charges? LOL

I didn't want to run the risk of him pulling a knife on me or the like, or if he had accomplices near by who could step in.

better safe than sorry

That is smart actually.

He's pretty cute no homo

I said the same thing to myself no homo

then i remembered the fucker stole my shit

Never buy Coachella wristbands through Venmo. Pay in person, make sure they're unregistered. Get a pic of the seller's ID and stuff--usually a decent deterrent for a lot of scammers. Ask why they're selling it, if it sounds fishy then it probably is. Sorry that you got scammed though that sucks--coachella wristbands are a huge target for some reason (margins/less savvy buyers I guess)

You're a fucking pussy for not whooping his ass only way he would probably stop is one beating within a inch of his life

That's Sam Hyde, he lives in Fall River, MA

And what's the point of confronting him if you weren't going to get physical?

His name is dennis desando from hoffman estates in illinois

can you target regions on social media?
im sure you can but ive never really thought about it
like on cuckbook for example, how would you ?

I hear he's been running the exact same scam for nearly a decade now, it just works!