Be me

>be me
>24 years old
>just got masters in econ
>offered a job from government
>51k starting
>60k at year two
>70k at year three

Is this cucked? I never really envisioned myself just working for the government forever, but the benefits and pay is pretty good.

Redpill me on not entering the private market.

what cuck country are you in, and what ministry or department will you be working for? if that's the only job offer you got i say you should take it. it will be boring but stable. you will become bald and pear shaped.

Is that a turk?

if that's what you're okay with doing then do it. government benefits are nice so long as the government never falls (never).
the only good one

Doing my undergrad in Econ, considering working for the government and finding fulfilment in other things since the benefits are great

USA. Department of Defense. Seems like a good ride because Trump plans to increase defense spending.

It just seems like there is more to life. Maybe I just fell for the memes Veeky Forums has here about being a millionaire crypto trader or something.

Did my undergrad and masters in econ. I would say both are good degrees, but there are definitely better ones out there. I agree though, the benefits are great. There is even travel options for me.

Yes.

I applied to my universities business school but I have a 3.5 GPA which is a bit low so I'll likely be doing Econ with a stats minor

do it

great pay for your age
great benefits
and believe me
private sector will suck ur dick when youre ready to move over

Unless you got it from an Ivy tier school, that Econ degree is useless

3.5 is the average b school entry cut off. Just make sure you have good letters and outside school experience. I've seen people with 3.1's and 3.2's get accepted into Ross

Useless being it will be harder to make 200k+

A sweeping generalization like that isn't all that grounded in reality. I've seen plenty of people from my school get good jobs with an Econ major. Additionally, once you're in the door with a good company it seems a lot more about marketing yourself.

I was homeless and working 2 jobs part of my freshman year which hurt my grades but I've found a lot more success this year inside and outside the classroom

Starting as what? GS-9? 10?

Not to say Econ is necessarily a "great" major just that it is no Philosophy / Communication/basket weaving bs it's employable

at least I fucking hope so

Bumping. Considering the same type of job in my country if I get the possibility.
What type of economy did you study? Is the job about analyzing the country's macro economy and such? and adjusting? Or is it accounting

Government jobs are always less pay then other jobs but they normally provide equal or better benefits and great job security.

I'm doing a masters in Econ now but I don't have a topic. What was your topic?

Why did you do a masters in the first place?

Did you enjoy it and think it was worth it or just stressed the whole time?

Was it harder or easier than your undergrad?

>gov job

These places are full of "diversity" and people who dont give the slightest shit about anything because theres no pressure.
Can you mentally deal with that?

Quite normal for econ masters tbqh. Enjoy your early semi-retirement at 24

Start at GS-9, then GS-11 at years 2, then GS- 12. After reaching a GS-12, further promotions become competitive, but, even then, you still get a $3k or so raise every year.

I studied just your run-of-the-mill, typical economics in undergrad. I did applied economics with econometrics/forecasting for my masters.

This is what I'm considering. I also live 5 minutes away from where I'd be working. I could literally walk to work.

>I'm doing a masters in Econ now but I don't have a topic. What was your topic?
What do you mean topic? Like my thesis?

>Why did you do a masters in the first place?
I wasn't going to originally but I got a full ride and an offer to teach some undergrad pleb classes. I figured, fuck it. One more year of school won't hurt, plus I get paid by the university and am solidifying my network of contacts.

>Did you enjoy it and think it was worth it or just stressed the whole time?
Did I enjoy it? Not really. Honestly, I don't really like economics. I should have done finance or maybe went off to work and studied hard for the GMAT to get into a good business school. Oh well. Either way I have a master's now and for whatever reason normies eat that up. Wasn't stressed much. I'd say probably a 6/10 in terms of workload. I took 5 classes each semester. It was pretty easy for me because I did econ in undergrad and masters classes are only marginally harder. Other students (some with communications and, I kid you not, a women's studies major) had a much harder time obviously.

>Was it harder or easier than your undergrad?
Only marginally harder. Master's applied micro and macro are literally what undergrad micro and macro should be imo. The econometrics and forecasting classes were the hardest for me, but the "economic thought" classes where you learned what Smith and Marx and all the old fucks said was extremely easy because I like history and philosophy, etc. But, those easy classes are useless.

Gov jobs are great if you are a game player or sycophant, otherwise the constant pscho-babble and liberal brainwashing, fagot and trannie loving PC madness will drive you crazy.

What do you mean ?

Pros
>work on side projects in your downtime if your department is chill
>guaranteed raises
>job stability

Cons
>will never be rich from job alone
>unmotivated people will stay poor

It's a decent path if you make the most of it. Much better than working hard for 60 hours a week to earn 20-30% more.