/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Previous thread: >Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/
NA: AWOO - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/
PS4: BLAPS - console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/BLAPS/
Blitz: BENIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWIN1BooSKs
youtube.com/watch?v=y6-H6wpDFgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anime!

pzmoe

What are United Special 'Spergers Rarepeps lights good for?

good view range and p/w ratio. generally poorer stealth rating and pinky guns until t9

I've been bottom tier in tier 6-7 matches plenty of times in the m4. I tend to do okay, just taking cheeky shots whenever I can.

I could always go for one of the russian or german tier 6 meds first if the Jumbo isn't very noob friendly. Don't know which of those would be best to start off with though, but I think I have all of them unlocked by now. I'm kind of hesitant to touch the easy 8 because of the lowish pen.

Jumbo is a beast if you use the stock turret and derp gun. 6 second reload with HE is fun, go with the heavies and ruin modules / tracks while still doing 150 a shot. Top tier you just triple tap R and win.

But E8 has the exact same guns as Jumbo does lmao
In comparison to normal M4, Jumbo can bounce hits with its turret or hulls (BUT in the latter case you must angle your armour by being higher than your opponent. Of course, it won't help against 170+mm pen)
When it comes to other mediums, Russian ones are either A-XX line (dude rear mounted turrets with stronk guns ano no depression lmao), T-XX line (decent turrets and guns), German are either Leopard line (fast or sniperish, or both) or E50 line (panthers are snipers, while E50s are brawlers), Chinese are like russian t-line but MOAR GUNZ, Burger and Tea meds at higher tiers are ridgeline warriors, French meds are autoloaders or snapshot leopards, Czech meds are easier handling, faster reloading autoloaders.
As first dedicated med line you should go with Russian T-XX line or Burgers via easy eight, since it has more consistent gameplay. If you really want to later get US heavies, research Jumbo and then go for T20, you really don't want to grind T29 with 76mm gun.

Tomorrow's missions:
SchwPz58: top 10 dmg, do 17k
T34B: top 10 xp, win 2
IS-6B: top 10 xp, win 2

How goes your missions, comrades?

I've already unlocked the T29 through the M6, so I'll at least start off with the 90mm. And I know that they both have the same guns, but the Jumbo just seemed like it has such a different playstyle to me. I dunno, I might just be imagining things.

Yeah, I've been condidering the t-34-85 for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I should take that one or the a-43. I was also eyeing the german tier 6 meds, but I'm just not sure if they hold up against the russians.

34/85 line is much more intuitive game play than the A43 line

Not to mention A-43 is slightly slower Cromwell with smaller gun.

>someone actually thinks the e8 is good
>someone actually uses the dpm on the e2
I cry inside

So, what gun do you guys use on the ELC these days? The 90mm despite the nerfed pen, or the 75mm for turret rotation and faster firing?

why e8 isn't good?

Why not both?
I use the 90mm when I feel like sniping, and the 75mm when playing in a platoon and weaving in and out of enemy tanks

>How goes your missions, comrades?
My WR and avg dmg instantly plummeted when I decided to do the missions, I'm probably going to off myself before the event is over.

the virgin e8 is nothing compared to the Chad Jumbo.
e2's armour can stand against t8's with a bit of angling / hull down. It's turret is impenetrable to other mediums (when using the stock turret). The fast firing derp cannon gives you control over whoever you are fighting in a brawl (blow up tracks, light engine up, remove gun, etc). It's a heavy that's more mobile than other heavies, and a medium that can brawl / spearhead better than other mediums.

The e8 doesn't have anything special about it, if you want a generic medium then the cromwell or the nip one will be better.

Jesus I just read that back, ignore phone typos

>kill leviathan 10 times
>box contains cinnamon buns and a crew exp reserve

If I don't have people I platoon with regularely, at what tier should I really go for completing the stug IV campaign? I'm well on my way for the td, heavy and medium part at tier 6, but I can see the light and arty parts be pretty difficult.

>at what tier should I really go for completing the stug IV campaign?
X

Really? Seems kind of excessive to wait until then for a tier 5 not-premium tenk

is of balance )))))))))))))

I did every medium, light and TD at t6
the mission 15 for the heavies is hard if you're not at least t7-8
for the SPG the tier 8 american make it very easy

this guy gets it, jumbo is an area denial and control tank, you go hull down and act like a pillbox artillery and make people's life hell with module damage and crew injuries, and you're just fast enough to do that on a couple different spots on the map throughout a battle

should have checked before what reward you get for the mission
only tier 3 boxes are worth it and you dont even get a token for the tier 4 box from that mission

Made me kek
Anyhow the derp is fast-firing, but pays with dmg and pen (even though it's incredibly big for a 105mm) and besides the turret armour is good only for baiting when you're bottom tier. So 90% of the time.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it artillery, but it is quite fun when the heavy tank you are fighting gives up because everything is broken and all the crew members are injured, so they just sit there accepting death.

I think the e2 was the first tank where I got a kill by knocking out the entire crew before actually blowing up the tank.

>first game in the Lorraine
>first shot hits the ammo rack
>repair just in time to get the second shot, which also hits the ammo rack
>still end up doing 3k damage and surviving

Guys I think next patch they are buffing the Russians so that is why they are buttering us up with 3 free tier 8s

>be O-I
>they have a leFH

>drives cancer
>get's balanced by cancer
pottery

I love you ke-ho

>lorraine
uhhhh which one?

How do I get gud at scouting? I'm trying to do the last 3 stug IV missions in the ELC but I'm fucking horrible at it.

40t

the ELC sucks and the stug missions are balanced for tier 6 or 7 if you're a legit new player

Lower tiers might not have enough HP for you to get your missions done, m8. Also two of those three missions (13 and 14) are Platoon based.

Well shit. Guess I'll hold off on focusing on the campaign at all then.

it'll just finish itself sooner or later

for what its worth, I started playing in april and I'm just now getting around to hunting for TD15 and LT14-15 with a jpanther and type 64.

I beat them both twice when personal missions were broken and now I'm coming within 50 damage on losses with potato teams :sweating:

>type 64
I should really get myself some comfy premiums for when I want to relax and play without worrying about grinds and getting to higher tiers, and earn some credits along the way.

I'm hoping for christmas discounts and maybe a return from those loot boxes from last year. I still have 3 codes for the campbelltown in wows and 3 codes for the bt-sv for the console version that I'm going to try to trade for something.

Sell bt-Sv codes on eBay friend you'll make a healthy sum

you can get three decent tier 8 premiums for free this month, the mutz missions are a bit of a grind but the is-6 and t34 are basically free

!

spend 50 credits on something

>you get splashed with a discount store ad on every logon
>you receive some shitty "omg buy now fast!!!" coupons after doing a few battles per week to make it seem like you got something rare and buy the shitty tank from the store before it expires
>you can no longer reach the depot directly as it is merged under the "Store" tab and you now have to also view vehicle ads to reach the fucking depot

The ranked goldspam bullshit was close. They're getting quite fucking close now. One more such shitty trick and I'm quitting this trash game but this time forever

> full gold on firefly
> get 2000 dmg in tier 8 game
Now my friends i need to kill myself

Are they actually worth anything? I thought the bt-sv wasn't as rare on console as it was on pc. I've never sold anything on ebay before, but I've heard horror stories of people trying to sell something and being scammed.

I'm on EU though. No free shit for me.

No, no, first drive Black Prince. The same gun, but tier higher on a 20km/h max speed heavy tank with weakspots in tracks. No pref mm or anything.

>new Map Murovanka: Blizzard
Enough with this shit

the FCM 36 is so fucking shit
is the whole line as shit?

The AMX 38 and 40 are shit, the ELC and up are good

the elc and 12t are subpar, though they're fun to drive

Not true, once the Xbox X version goes up WoT console will be in 4K

How much has the bt-sv sold for on consoles? I'm trying to sell my bonus codes on ebay but I have no idea what kind of price I should ask, and the only other guy with bt-sv codes is some spaniard asking 24 euro.

Ive been watching this stream which was around December last year they have only been playing tier 8's and I don't think I have seen one tier 10 game in 2 hours. And people have the audacity to say MM is better now...

youtube.com/watch?v=VWIN1BooSKs

pretty good, but since i dont have dmg farmers in the axis (using type61 rn) im figuring which low tiers to get to be able to survive

>new tank comes out
>get it for a cheap $99
holy shit do people actually spend that kind of money on a single tank...? I cant even fathom spending that much money on a simulation game..

If a competitor is selling for 24 euros your only option is to sell it for less than that. Tier 3 tanks are never worth more than 5 dollars imho anyway

Should I bother trying to do this damage event? Apparently you need to do like, 50k dmg plus per day near the end? How the fuck?

Also is there a general guide to get better at the game? I've got 4k battles, 59% victories, 83% hit ratio, but only 440 avg dmg per battle and die like 4/5 battles. I always try and advance, spot enemies then try and lock them down so my allies can kill them and we can win. But then find myself in a position where I get shot by 4-5 tanks inside half a second and die. The enemy all dies afterwards, because they all come out and try and get the kill on me, but it doesn't get me much dmg.
I thought perhaps I should just ignore my allies and only focus on my dmg, but then they all die and we lose the battle. That doesn't seem right, but is that how I have to play to do this mission chain?

If you can't get 50k damage per day by playing normally don't bother with shit like that.

Yeah, I thought 24 was going to be way overpriced.

Should I put it up as 5 euro "buy-it-now" or go for 4 euro auction with like a 7.5 euro buy-it-now option? I never really use ebay, so I'm not sure what the most effective way to go about this is. I usually just use our local version of CL.

if you can do 10 days out of 20 you can buy the coupons for like 5 bucks and at least get the tanks discounted if you want them

#rare

I think you'll be lucky to find a buyer at any price desu. On console WG practically throws free premium tanks at us. If the BT-SV isn't a tier 3 KV2 or something no one will want it.

Well, I put the btsv's and the campbeltown codes up for 2.5 each. If all of them sell I'll have enough for a tier 6 prem, and if even one of them sell I'll have enough for the churchill 3 or something with the gold I have left over.

finally aced my stb after about two years

>Congratulations! 30k battles in WoT
>No reward of any kind.

Someone might thought that Wargaming doesn't care about players...

you will get a coupon on your anniversary ))))))))

How many battles did that take? I just got mine.

grand battles are cheating though

So, SWEDEN YES tanks just got to console
Which is better, PC bros, the 103B or the Kranvagan?

new Caernarvon is filthy

> 220 pen
> still shoots gold

>imblying

103B

The 103B is great at what it does so if you like sniping get it. As for the Kranvagn, the T57 just got a stealth nerf in the last patch that increased its aim time to 2.9 seconds so the Kran might be better now. On PC most people say it's a turd.

>muh 4k
What is this, 2015?

4k is a meme anyway. 1080p still looks good and 4k TVs are still overpriced

They are both shit

Kravagan is a slower shooting AMX 50 B with less bloom after shooting, but a nearly impenetrable turret if you're using the 12 degrees of gun depression.
the 103b is a massive stealthy meme, like all t8+ tanks with stupidly high pen and dpm, but lower alpha. 103b also has silly armor that will bounce everything it points it gun at, but get over matched by 151-181 mm caliber guns. the space armored fence on its face makes its a little weird to calculate though

youtube.com/watch?v=y6-H6wpDFgU

Someone a few threads ago was asking for "worst player" entries.

Come at me.

I'm pretty sure even a bot can manage a 45% WR just by luck of the draw. Wtf is this guy doing?

>less than 39%
How?

please dont tell me has a t10?

Suprisingly, no. But you'll still see him in tier 10 games, don't worry.

His winrate has also gone down to 38.6% since the previous screen shot.

speaking of awful players... when your top tier heavy player is this guy

He must be new, don't bully

I under stand that he's new, but.... 43%
come on man. it shows to me a total lack of willingness to learn game mechanics, like spotting or angling.

>on Bishop
>a little over halfway FV304
>...
>tempted to just free XP the rest of the way

Anyone wanna convince me one way or another?

He has 900 battles.

their both somewhat low range, spammy high arc guns, but the FV has the speed to get to flank in time to make a difference, and to get away from a failing flank

don't do it, bishop is fun

free experience should be used on modules so you never have to play a shit tank at its shittiest. using it on a tank that's already upgraded is a waste

>start battle
>invite all arta to platoon
>???
>free purple points