/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Lightning Lizard Squirrel Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Fbvnat7Uc&feature=youtu.be
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PO1tuLmTsdQJ:https://pastebin.com/1q6cfNpp &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Tobi-Kadachi being one of the coolest looking monsters I've seen

IFU I SEE ANAZAA NYUU FANGU WAIBAHN WAN MOA TAIMU....

>It's another Toby edition

Capcom clearly haven't learned from Rockstar when it comes to making people doubledip on different game versions if the PC version of MHW is coming out later than a month after the console release

fuck forgot my video
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Fbvnat7Uc&feature=youtu.be

you mean dalamadur-weasel edition

May 2019

I'm trying

No.

Gonna be honest, a lot of the quality of life changes in MHW are great and all... but it doesn't make up for the game just seeming more westernized, casualized and as if it was aiming to become the next "epic gamer cred" dark souls over here.

Which it no doubt will become. I expect epic twitch and youtube montages of people le ragefacing at the game and shit.

I don't know man. I feel like MHW isn't a good step for this IP, it's like going from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2

Remember to properly train and mentor all future newfriend hunters!

You don't even announce the PC version of the game if it's coming out that much later since people will hold out if they know a PC version is coming

>since they're still being fucking stupid about weapons.
Why's that?

No, anyone who only now cares about MH that it has these modern visuals is cancer and needs to die.

What's more westernized about this game that isn't what you'd call a quality of life change as well?

June 2019

>it's like going from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2
dark souls 2 was bad because of a b-team director taking the game in a radically different direction, and then the a-team having to jump in and salvage a whole game in the last few months of development

we don't have that issue here

>QoL changes
>westernized

Remember to pre-order the Zero Dawn™ montser pack at Gamestop™ so you can fight your favorite machines and craft the Sharpshot™ Bow!

desu I like the machine cat costume

HZD is free collaboration DLC, same as all the other ones we've seen across the years, and those are just robots from HZD itself, why do you people insist on making shit up?

because shitposting to stir up more shitposting and harvest (you)s is the only way some people can enjoy their day

this alone is reason enough to never buy this game on ps4
fuck that sjw ginger and fuck sony

>Yian Garuga drinks the element he's weakest to

everyone needs water to live

i bet gravios drinks water

They're not weak to water, they're weak to being cleaned in that specific area

Since every MH game needs to have flaws to keep it from being any more than a 7.5/10, what are you expecting World's to be?

Seething.

SHEATHING NOT SEETHING
THIS IS A MH THREAD

Too hard, not enough like dark souls

Piss poor weapon balance and no content.

SHEATH THIS
*unzips level 3 charge*

They never gave a date, they even refused to say it in rotten vale preview.

It's just journalists being dumb, I doubt that this is accurate.

lack of content compared to previous titles
poor weapon balance
terrain being a massive annoyance and hindrance for most weapon types
limited equipment variety
invasive tertiary systems

>Cha-Cha and Kayamba will be paid DLC
How does that make you feel ?

Banning anyone supporting that cancer

Makes me feel like you're making things up.

unbothered because they were annoying cunts in 3u anyway

bad weapon balance, no content, new areas just make hunting less fun, too much streamlining/convenience
to be honest it's seeming more like a 6/10 to me

Should you try to use the discharge with CB as often as possible? I'm more comfortable with the other axe attacks.

>companions

Is that the Astera Front Gate? You'd think they'd have more than a few spikes on there to deter monster attacks.

Right? Look at the big city in Stories, that's what I call a deterrent.

All of those are pretty much guaranteed already.

Arena confirmed.

Chacha and Kayamba's time is over, I'd like a customizable Shakalaka of my own instead.

>PC won't be able to turn the palico into a cute robot
First time I've ever regretted not being a retarded cu*k who buys sony consoles.........

depends on the monster tbqh

AED to snipe openings

ED2 infinte on a downed monster, AED as they stand up

What do you mean? Only use the axe X attacks? No, that's not how you play CB.

Using the various discharges is what playing CB is all about. Don't try to use it like a gimp Switch Axe.

It's the Arena

I love the Handler!

where's this purported leaked monster list? and what was the source?

It was from Pastebin. It was posted on October 25th, days before the PGW Sony conference, on a Guest account which means it can not be edited. It correctly listed the three new monsters that were shown in the latest trailer.

>where's this purported leaked monster list?
deleted from pastebin, you can find the contents a few threads back

>what was the source
it was just on pastebin apparently before the paris stuff, so people believe it as the final monster roster

I mean the super

Better than being bing bing wahoo'd for the last 6 years.

niche and rare, you're better off using the AED over the SAED

So? Toby is awesome.

You use the SAED (where you swing the axe around in a wide arc then slam it down, discharging all phials and losing your red shield) at the beginning of the hunt in multiplayer (if you're using impact, just for an early guaranteed KO) and at the end in both multi and single (around the time the monster is limping, if you position yourself correctly you can miss the monster with the first swing and hit it with the smash which is similar damage to a GS level 3 to wake a sleeping monster). Otherwise you use the AED like you would a GS draw charge (start the SAED in any of the various ways, but hold back on the circle pad and hit X during the animation to cancel it into a regular AED) for phial-efficient KO/element bursts and large cutting damage, and on a downed monster DPS with X/forward+X (upswipe or forward slam) in axemode followed by AXAXA, for double swipes (two bursts, one phial) and upswipes (mainly to link them), and finish off by pressing X+A if your last hit was an X or just A again if your last hit was A when the monster is about to get up for an AED (be sure to cancel the SAED into an AED). In 4U, press the special attack button (kick button) when there's an incoming attack to GP it, and then press X+A to go straight into SAED (or cancel into AED) if the monster staggers from the GP and you reckon the opening will be sufficient time.

Or just play as you like, but I strongly recommend using phial bursts, it's not like SA and GL where using your burst is almost never actually a good idea. I like spamming SAEDs and especially GPing roars into SAEDs personally.

??
I'll go find it in the archive, but if evidence looks like it's legit why did nobody copy it and reproduce it in the usual pastebin

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PO1tuLmTsdQJ:https://pastebin.com/1q6cfNpp &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It has been posted a dozen times in threads since it was found. Here's the list of large monsters.

リオレイア Rathian
リオレイア亜種 Pink Rathian
リオレウス Rathalos
リオレウス亜種 Azure Rathalos
ディアブロス Diablos
ディアブロス亜種 Black Diablos
キリン Kirin
キリン亜種 Oroshi Kirin
クシャルダオラ Kushala Daora
ナナ・テスカトリ Lunastra
テオ・テスカトル Teostra
ヴォルガノス Lavasioth
イビルジョー Deviljho
ボルボロス Barroth
ウラガンキン Uragaan
アルバトリオン Alatreon
アンジャナフ Anjanath
ドスジャグラス Great Jagras
プケプケ Pukei-Pukei
ネルギガンテ Nergigante
ゼノ・ジーヴァ Xeno'jiiva
ゾラ・マグダラオス Zorah Magdaros
クルルヤック Kulu-Ya-Ku
ジュラトドス Jyuratodus
トビカガチ Tobi-Kadachi
パオウルム Paolumu
レイギエナ Legiana
ドスギルオス Great Girros
オドガロン Odogaron
ラドバルキン Radobaan
ヴァルハザク Vaal Hazak
ドドガマル Dodogama
財宝ドラゴン
バゼルギウス Bazelgeuse
ツィツィヤック Tzitzi-Ya-Ku

The AED has the highest MV and does three explosions for a price of one phial, but it has a really long recovery animation. You should use it when there's a big opening or when using the AED will stagger the monster creating an opening to recover.
Even more reasons to use AED over regular phial discharges in Gen/XX since they nerfed the double discharge A LOT.

because we don't actually know if its legit. it predicted some monsters, but it also has shit like Lunastra, Alatreon, and the Rath Subs. I personally don't think it's right.

Why is there Dodogamaru but no Dodoburango?

Planning on it. I fucking love helping newbies learn a game. If I can help just one person get into Monster Hunter and enjoy it half as much as I do it would be awesome. I hope there's plenty of fledgling hunters that are willing to learn and have fun.

>Lunastra
I'll believe it when I see it

Where the fuck is he gonna Find water and why would he ever drink
His stomach is a furnace

Beats me. Although the list never claimed to be a complete list. It also had a section for small monsters and curiously omit some we have known about for a long time. For all we know there could be a handful more large monsters. Or a lot more, if we're being wishful.

>the next "epic gamer cred" dark souls

Please, Monster Hunter has always been an "epic gamer cred" game. Have you ever even been in a Monster Hunter thread?

And also shoots high pressure water jet

It omitted all the returning small monsters, which nobody gives a shit about.
If it was missing new small monsters, or included some returning ones, then you'd have a point.

because water is essential to all forms of life

it's a moot point since gravios can shoot massive beams of fire and walk through lava, physics obviously operate differently in MH-universe

>Hey guys, game looks great and all....... but........................
>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword

Fair. It was just speculation.

>water-gened gravios.png

You, as a human being, are pretty weak to fire yet I'm pretty sure you still like a nice hot meal.

>roughly 30 large monsters
that's not bad, I guess, for an HD game. I expected 20-30 so sounds good

the idea of a swamp gravios that use steam as a weapon isn't bad itself
but this shit is horrible, i wonder how frontier design can end up so bad like this

HANDLER IS MINE
GET OFF HER NOW

the more i see of zorah, the more I hate him. he's just going to be lao 4.0 that stands on his hind legs all the time.

You could make the same point about food but we literally have monsters that eat rocks

>people take the list seriously when it doesn't have metal raths
how to spot newfags.

Oh god it's gonna be that kind of Yama-like fight where he slams the arm down and stay there for a good 10 seconds so you can do damage on it, eventually wearing him down and then allowing you to get on the back to hit weakpoints, or a second phase where you get on him and he becomes the map himself and Nergigante comes along to help him out, if the trailers are anything to go by,

>Oh hi Mark!

Hello MHG, I'm an avid dark souls player and noticed that monster haunter is making a game for ps4.

Is there anything special about MH world? How is it different from the MH games on 3ds and wii? I hade mH 3ds a long time ago but it was boring since there was no online mode.

Thank you.

What a confusing weapon, thanks for the tips.

>The best thing to come out of frontier was that one mosspig quest

Prove me wrong

I was gonna point out how it's possible the list was made during that time where journalists and youtubers got to play about 12 hours of the game, but
>Alatreon
>12 hours in
>when people barely made it to the Zorah fight in that time

yes but I don't eat fire

They're just big chemotrophs, user. Electron exchange from non-organic or organic materials.