/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/1433254-lcd-motion-blur-eye-tracking-now-dominant-cause-motion-blur-not-pixel-transition-gtg-4.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hD5gjAs1A2s
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7a6htg/comment/dp96vg2
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/ROM/ISO_Sites
strawpoll.me/14313996
displayhz.com/
cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dark link fucks my shit up
>i have to go all the way back to him

This is an outrage

You're making me feel less bad about being shit at all of those hard as fuck genesis games I was playing.

Tried to use cheat engine to make a real time option switching hack for Gradius 5 today. I found the value I needed but changing it only worked when I used a continue, or changed levels. I need to find and activate the trigger, which I have given up on because of my lack of experience.

I do want to learn because there are a lot of games that could be made more interesting with small hacks like that, but I'm also working on my own game and don't want to waste too much time learning it.

any ideas?

Fuck citra

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

is retroarch the only emu with blank frame insertion? How do people use others like dolphin/pcsx2 on 120hz displays?

it makes sense a meme feature would only be implemented by meme frontends

so people with 120hz displays can only use retroarch?

>click start
>type change display settings
>click result
>click advanced settings
>click monitor
>adjust refresh rate
Wouldn't that work?

I duno. My displays can only do like a couple different refresh rates and that's it. And they're all random as fuck odd refresh rates

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1366 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
eDP-1 connected primary 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 256mm x 144mm
1366x768 60.00*+
1360x768 59.80 59.96
1024x768 60.04 60.00
960x720 60.00
928x696 60.05
896x672 60.01
960x600 60.00
960x540 59.99
800x600 60.00 60.32 56.25
840x525 60.01 59.88
800x512 60.17
700x525 59.98
640x512 60.02
720x450 59.89
640x480 60.00 59.94
680x384 59.80 59.96
576x432 60.06
512x384 60.00
400x300 60.32 56.34
320x240 60.05
HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

Ew, a 1366x768 craptop.
No. BFI isn't necessary. I don't bother with it due to color fuckups and bright blacks of increasing brightness to compensate.
Even without BFI or any other flicker tech, 120Hz still has the benefit of 8ms frames. So any and all buffer based latency should hypothetically be cut in half. While still allowing 60fps without pulldown stutter.

fuck didn't know PS3 emulation is possible now

guess ninja gaiden sigma isn't playable yet right

Well shit.

I'm blaming the C button layout on the right analog stick for me being a shitter.

>While still allowing 60fps without pulldown stutter.
then what was the point of BFI? I thought people said the motion was all jittery and shit with 120hz

Sort of. Stairstep motion, or sample and hold motion. From displays only updating at set times.
avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/1433254-lcd-motion-blur-eye-tracking-now-dominant-cause-motion-blur-not-pixel-transition-gtg-4.html
With BFI, or lightboost tech with similar functionality, it just blacks out every other frame and lets the brain (and cameras) only see things at very specific points in time.
So rather than staying still and then jolting to the next position, it would stay still then disappear, while the brain fills in the blanks.

If you do not notice it, then do not worry about it.
I used to obsess over it and only ever use CRTs at matching refresh rates for that strict purpose. But like, whatever. You get used to it.

>right stick c button
I personally use this highly autistic setup for OoT and MM with a DS4.

uh I don't know if I notice that but I definitely notice anything that doesn't use dynamic rate control with mismatched refresh rates.

What in the absolute fuck?

Well yeah. I could hope that most people would notice that. That's one of the main reasons to use RA in the first place.

Also I think this shows sample and hold blur better. Although it's more about monitor persistence here, surely you get the idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=hD5gjAs1A2s

Well it makes sense. You want all 6 of those buttons on buttons for the Zelda games, and that aligns well enough.
I used that growing up emulating them, but with a DS2+adapter and L1/Triangle swapped.

The fuck? I once did a playthrough of OOT with the c buttons assigned to circle,cross,square and triangle and the A and B buttons to R1 and R2. And I thought that was autistic

Makes playing the ocarina and precision use of C button attacks easier and faster than fucking with the right stick, and all of my fingers are in the right place and in reach of every button, without having to move my thumb away from A/B to get to the stick.

It looks retarded, but it really does work.

>I could hope that most people would notice that.
then why is retroarch the only one to implement such a feature?

Sorry, I could ONLY hope. As in I couldn't expect it but that would be nice and should be the case.
Most people don't consider it to be big enough of an issue to 'learn to use a program' over. Minor but annoying, like shader compilation stutter.

SP must pay for his crimes

The emulation scene benefits nothing so far from some fly-by-night entrepreneurs trying to get rich off scrappy, cheap thrown together scrap like RA. I fail to see why they have to dance around that subject if they are really all so supportive of this 'scene'.

vita emulator when

inb4 Deja vu and all that shit.
Why in the HELL don't you start working on one if you care so much?

>guess ninja gaiden sigma isn't playable yet right
"ninja gaiden sigma rpcs3" on Youtube filtered by upload date. You're welcome.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

why did they remove all the links to roms/isos

the government is slowly gaining control over the internet

What are you talking about? There's still a shit ton on the archive and on various torrent sites.

This is kind of spoonfeedy(I've never been good at navigating the wiki on mobil), and I apologize, but are there any emulators for windows that can run multiplayer over lan? My coworker and I need something to play in our down time besides shit like rocket league and borderlands. No internet connection at work aside from hotspots and those don't work that well anyways.

NES would be especially cool, get somrle river city ransom or super dodgeball going. Anything really, he and I like a lot of different things. Or even gameboy so 2 grown ass men can waste days grinding their pokemone team for battle, like it's middle school all over.

Next question, is it even worth the effort? In my past experience netplay can be really hit or miss, the only constant sucess was nestopia over kailera(I believe) and that was years ago.

>fuck yeah chainsaw
>can't loot it because no gas
Well fuck you too.

>fuck yeah "rock drill"???
>can't loot because nogas
Beginning to notice a theme here.

I cannot get Cemu to detect inputs from my DS4 no matter what. It detects the controller, even rumbles with the slider. But I just cannot set anything whatsoever.
But then I remembered. My DS4Windows is like 2 years old.
What was the fork people were mentioning recently? And what was the problem with mainline that caused the need for it?

SPOILER: NG+ only

Holocaust denial on /r/emulation?

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7a6htg/comment/dp96vg2

Well that's disappointing. At least the game isn't being stingy with ammo.

That wasn't as bad as /v/ made me believe it. Actually, it was pretty fun though I could've been faster if I didn't get stuck on the last small key.

Hey, that actually helps a lot. Thanks mate.

Replayability used to be a thing.
Back when these games sold for full price, it was unrealistic to expect everyone to have 150+ discs to play, so this was a way to add value to the game and fill some of the time until the next installment.

Silent Hill isn't a particularly long game as it is.

What version are you playing? Most people have grievances with the Water Temple because it's possible to get stuck there by using a small key on the wrong door. Later versions fixed it by adding an extra key.

It's always a small key. That's the only reason people think the Water Temple is difficult, they miss a key and have no indication of which key it is.

Anyone have credentials for archive.org

Pretty sure there were some public ones

bugmenot

>Silent Hill isn't a particularly long game as it is
It feels pretty meaty, at least compared to the classic RE games of the time. I wonder how much longer I have left, I just crossed the drawbridge and encountered a new enemy.

Nevermind. Found the fork on the archive and fixed the issue anyway.
It does not take nicely to Japanese IMEs. Setting the keyboard to English allows input configuration. Great.

The original version. Guess I was lucky.

I found it through sheer luck when I pushed a block on the lower level.

>it's possible to get stuck there by using a small key on the wrong door. Later versions fixed it by adding an extra key.
That's not true. This is a rumor that started because people couldn't find a key. You can't get stuck in the water temple outside of glitching the game.

>What are you talking about?
I think he meant this.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?

Oh. That's kind of sad. Seeing as a channer hosts the site rather than wikia. There are other links on it to games though. Not sure why he'd only remove 1 page.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/ROM/ISO_Sites

I love my Ryzen 1600!

no u dont

You better stop posting this.

Or what? You gonna IPC me to death?

Yes, actually.

Have you delidded first?

I always have to put that in perspective for myself when playing emulated games.
No matter how much you improve on them, they are still designed for a different context.
Smaller library, lower expections, harder to access content. People actually bothered reading manuals that came with games.
They'll make you waste a lot of time because children both had a lot of time and often had few games. A little repeating of the same content wasn't anything serious. If nothing else, it was actual mental stimulation versus TV mindrot; an improvement no matter how you look at it.

With that in mind it's not nearly as difficult to enjoy end game grinding dungeons with no real point. Like that P3FES one, or the Chrystler building in PE1.
Give me a reason to play with the game's systems a little longer? Coolio.

strawpoll.me/14313996

There you go. You got your answer. You're welcome.

Let's see

>supports 32-bit architectures, unlike dolphin
>doesn't bundle telemetry, unlike dolphin
>has a well performing software renderer, unlike dolphin
>no trannies were harmed during development, unlike dolphin

Can this meme stop?

why can't i get retroarch to run at 120hz+? i want to use black frame insertion but setting the refresh rate to 120 in video settings doesn't actually change the refresh rate from 60, so i'm getting strobing, i've been troubleshooting this shit for too long, fuck this program honestly

Are you using windows 10 and running in a window?

windows 10
fullscreen mode on
windowed fullscreen off
vert refresh rate 120hz
vsync on
audio sync on (tried off as well)
monitor set to 120hz in windows as well

>i want to use black frame insertion

I too enjoy migraines.

Can you check real quick to see if you're actually getting 120hz? displayhz.com/

Holy shit this fucking hammer. I'm no longer assblasted about not getting a chainsaw, because this thing attacks fast as fuck, has HUGE range, and does insane damage.

it's changing constantly
but in retroarch its at a constant 59

Set video_refresh_rate to 60 and video_black_frame_insertion to true.

It still syncs to 60Hz for dynamic rate control purposes, but it will choose a doubled refresh rate video mode for fullscreen if black frame insertion is enabled.

Pls respond. I went over the wiki again and couldn't find anything.

ah shit setting vsync swap interval to 1 eliminates flicker but the screen is a bit dimmer, is that how it should look with black frame insertion?

I think that's normal behavior.

Hammer is best makeshift weapon for use in spooky fog town

Vsync swap interval is to acheive perfect frame doubling without black frame insertion.

It should be left at 1 if using black frame insertion, since black frame insertion already does frame doubling so it stacks on top of it and causes tripled frames.

And yes, black frame insertion reduces screen luminance by 50%. Increase contrast or brightness to max to compensate.

I need a new Wii Remote Plus. I looked on the Nintendo store, but their basic white color has a picture of a normal remote. Should I risk one of those or go for a mario remote with terrible colors?
>nb4 just get a normal wiimote
Those were garbage the last time I tried one out.

If it says it's a Plus, go with it.
Or, go through Amazon.

It demolishes Nurses/doctors, but that's about it. It's too slow to handle the rest.

Why isn't there a link to a pirate version of epsxe for Android on the wiki?

>Increase contrast or brightness to max to compensate.
It would be better to use a shader to increase brightness and contrast. So that the change doesn't afflict any other programs. Which shader would be best for this?

Is there a machine that can run Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon well with multithreaded angrylion?

The fourth plate is blocked by some tentacle thing that appears to be invulnerable. I assume I'm supposed to burn it or something, since i found a lighter, but I haven't found an accelerant and I'm pretty sure I've searched every available area.

>shaders
>scroll down to shader passes
>set to 1
>set shader #0 to shaders_cg/misc/image adjustment
>filter = nearest

Then you can use the options in Image Adjustment to do exactly what you want.

Is there a fix to repeatedly getting Blood Moon in BotW in Cemu?

Also I just migrated from 1.10 to 1.11 and now sometimes items and even NPCs fall through the ground, wasn't this an old bug?

You can use shaders to brighten the screen, but it will probably cause clipping, and you can't really increase white brightness in software. Changing the settings on the display hardware can actually make the screen output brighter whites, if it isn't already maxed.

Buy the game?

Oh yeah. Since blacking half frames actually cuts max brightness in half rather than set brightness. I feel stupid.

>buying games
The emulation "scene" has always been about piracy. Now you have these fly-by-night entrepreneurs like Mr. Cifaldi pretending it's about "preservation".

I dunno about that user. I make my own rips and play them sometimes, but shit will always be easiest to just plug it in and play.

I think you mean the system. Because even with a pirate copy the real hardware should work fine.

Do you think most people buy games on Veeky Forums

Turns out the tentacles just wanted blood. This shit is what I was supposed to burn.

No. I simply mean is just wrong. Buying the game would not help it work with the emulator. Buying real hardware would at least be a solution.
As a quip, just falls ridiculously short. Like literally, worthy of ridicule.

Has anyone tested out how are Coffee Lake CPUs for emulation, even the i5 8400s? I'm curious if it has some "hidden" boost to emulation, I do remember some Intel new one, I guess it was Ivy Bridge that while it had a slight bump for perfomance in games, for emulation it had some new instruction or whatever it was that made it 10% or was it 15% better than the previous CPU family.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

oh, hi SP.