>steam store page
store.steampowered.com/app/219990

>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>here's the updated resist reduction doc, put it in the OP next time pls
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/mN4DBY0N
grimtools.com/calc/62av7dDV
youtube.com/watch?v=-vp9UU-Nvzw
grimtools.com/calc/O2GWbWq2
grimtools.com/calc/62av7abV
grimtools.com/calc/r2BylKwN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw I thought she's gonna be the final boss and we can finally have a fight with a proper human aetherial and not dumb faggots like Krieg and THISISN'TEVENMYFINALFORM

How good is a soldier/shaman cadence build? Looking for something tanky that still does decent damage.

Cadence is good. Warder with cadence is good.

better off making a commando or witchblade if you plan on going phys

is she even a character or just loading screen eye-candy?

shes my wifi

This got lost in the last thread, but - can someone recommend a fucked-up, off-the-wall but still viable build?

She's probably just a random Aetherial. Maybe she will make an appearance in the upcoming challenge dungeon.

I asked this last thread, but I'm trying to make a Blade Arc/Savagery Warder and came up with this:
grimtools.com/calc/mN4DBY0N
One user said I'd likely want Devouring Swarm, but I feel like my points are stretched pretty thin as is, any suggestions?

fevered rage vitality conjurer?

Yes, you absolutely do want Devouring Swarm because of the Resistance Reduction. I would suggest dropping Brute Force down to 1 and the Soldier Mastery down to 40 points.

Jesus Christ Kupacadaver out of nowhere

nerf when?

does this look better?
grimtools.com/calc/62av7dDV
I dropped a couple of the points I had after the max Swarm into Military Conditioning and Heart of the Wild, so I only lost about 400 health.

Hopefully never. Just because bads complain about brand-new content that they make no effort to play around/against, doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

Next patch I guess. Him and Grava are too tough for most builds.

er around 200 health

I beat him only getting hit once just running away and throwing grenados at him, is this really too hard for people to do?

looks better, i'd take out points from somewhere and try to max out laceration. maybe a point from heart of the wild, storm touched and field command and max it

Sadly the typical ARPG player expects to just hold/press one button with minimal movement. I even personally know "good" ARPG players from different ARPG games that expect and demand this all of the time.

PoE and (to a lesser degree) D3 are large reasons why.

Basically if you want BigBoyBeast to be nerfed, you're garbage.

What's the fastest way to get Pet Hoarder achievement?
>inb4 hurr durr just cheat

I popped 2 out of Field Command and 1 out of Storm Touched, I'll also look into getting a +1 to Laceration on the Oleron's Wrath so I can get the overcap 22/12.

I want to go an occultist caster, anyone recommend any decent builds? What does the best damage, how do I stay survivable and what 2nd mastery to pair with it?

I got it on my dual wielding melee saboteur. No idea how since that one doesn't have a single pet not even mortar trap or anything.
Maybe the clouds from the rhowans crown devotion count

>builds
you just do your own thing. it's incredibly difficult to make an actual shit build in grim dawn. even with "builds" there are countless ways to do them "right"

respecs are basically free too.

BigBoyBeast is only annoying hwen he spawns in Carraxus. Pretty much no fucking space to kite him around. Especially with Carraxus aggroing aswell most of the time.

At that point I'd just restart the session if you wanted to kill either of them.

But D3 has a shitton of movement related abilites, dangerous ground effects, telegraphed attacks, etc.
Grim dawn is worse in this regard imo

What's the best option for a caster in terms of mass AOE?

Olexra's Flash Freeze has a huge 18 Meter Radius at 22/12. I doubt there's something with a larger radius.

fire sorcerer with a warpfire so you can take trojans skyshard.
grenado
canister bomb
thermite mines
blackwater cocktail
mortar trap
devastation
trojans

from devotions: elemental storm from rhowans crown, fissure from magi, the meteors from ulzuins torch

and finally from items the fire breath from mask of infernal truth and the laser beam from tome of arcane wastes plus a fireball if you wanna put the fire ammo on your off hand
optionally maybe pancettis instead of the laser so you dont go oom every 3 seconds

Luckily i'm tanky enough and do enough damage that i can handle it, but it IS quite awful.

How the hell do I build a commando?

It's TROZAN you faggots.

Sure, here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=-vp9UU-Nvzw
>Human Torch Auramancer Tactician

>Trojan's
fucking kek

any way you want bbe

at least part of this will be rippy when they fix Seal of Blades.

see
Or you could stop horsing around and use Dreeg's Evil Eye and Bloody Pox

AIDS is soooo goood

>not using Pancetti's Replicating Typos.

faggot? is that you?

How would you aids build?

Max Bloody Pox, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg and Possession and go for Shaman go Devouring Swarm, one point in Mogdrogen's Pact and maxed Heart of the Wild and maxed Wendigo Totem?
Or do you want grasping vines?

and for Shaman go with

this is what I'm aiming for skills- and devotions-wise, Build only has legos because I can't be arsed to fuck around with rares in grimtools
grimtools.com/calc/O2GWbWq2

what about necromancer instead of shaman, would it be still good? i wanted to try a vitality build with the new class

I honestly wouldn't know, that class combo never really interested me so I haven't looked into it

Should put Will of Rattosh on Storm Totem.

>8% stun resist

nice stun resist lol

Why not use Skull of Gul'Amash? It's not like u use the active of blood orb.

Blood Orb was mainly for the skill bonuses

How stupid of an idea is it to run a lightning caster Vindicator? I want to spam Storm Box, Wind Devil, Storm Totem and maybe Word of Pain for damage. Even if it isn't that good, it might be fun before I respec to a more optimized Inquisitor+Shaman build.

Someone please redpill me on Focused Gaze, the Dreeg's Evil Eye modifier

I'm level 74 and I'm not sure if I should be using this or spam eyes like a madman
Got the cooldown down to 3.3, I could probably get it lower if I went after cd-reduction harder

>reduced target's physical damage
there, redpilled. That part of the modifier is why it's so good.

i just found 2 treasure troves in hallowed hill near each other, i though only 1 spawned for each area

Awww yeah

great post

>+3k damage

what the fuck have you been doing

Focusing on Siphon Souls and Bone Harvest. So far Ultimate being a breeze

post build

thats a leviathan nigger. it'll show a massive increase in sheet dps for almost every build out there

sheet dps is an awful way to measure actual damage done

Alright

I just wish I could throw more eyes you know

grimtools.com/calc/62av7abV
I'm still testing the devotion, so if you wanna play around with it feel free.

What's the best build after the expansion? Like the absolutely best build (before exp it used to be soldier/shaman melee 2 hander).
Something on that level of absurd power

There's no best build you retard.

This is what retards actually believe. There is ALWAYS best. It might be hard to tell but there is.

>(before exp it used to be soldier/shaman melee 2 hander).
ahahahaha

no

the fact you think warder was """""""""""""""""best"""""""""""""" shows in two ways you're fucking retarded.

He's right though. There is no "best" build until you name your criteria and it's difficult to determine in the first place. There is no build that is the absolute best at everything.

your gear sucks

there isn't though. there isn't a best build to do all content in the game. as in there's no build that will do crucible solo glad the fastest and safest, while also being the best at farming vanilla and nemesis the fastest, and killing super bosses the fastest and safest. sorry to burst your fantasy mate

>stunjacks stay on the ground only for a second
>thermite mines are not even a proper mines
>inquisitor traps are good but not comfortable to use
I just want to be a trapper with a screen full of mines, is it too much to ask?

fucking kek

what?

Where can I farm some corpse dust?

undead mobs, likely Arkovian Undercity or Steps of Torment

skeletons or aetherial zombies drop them okayishly often, also more rarely human enemies like cronley's gang

I want this

W
O
R
T
H

This is what happens when your last character gets killed by permastun in Malmouth kids.

What's the hardest mastery combo to build/gear for?

Arcanist-only chaos albrecht

necro/inquisitor.

I found two pistols like this one.
Wouldn't it be fucking cool to play a dual pistols tactician that shoots replicating missiles?

how do i play deathknight?
i'm new, self found only and have no crafting recipes.

I just want to play something that has a non-human form, does shaman have a bear form or something?

And I would do it too if it weren't for the 0.5sec cooldown

Yes, just noticed. rip

well it's on a 10% chance on attack proc so the only thing you will miss is it going off 1-2-3 times in a row every now and then

Yeah, just tested on a random char, it seems decent and I like how it looks.

>Start getting some items that share an Aether+Lightning theme
>Go to the item database
>Find the set that grants you aether chain lightning as a basic ability
>MFW I realize Aether+Lightning chainlightning spam is possible

UN
LIMITED

Why do I have to bind devotions to a skill what does that mean

Hi /gdg/, i'm trying to make a poison/acid dw autoattack build, but i'm having some troubles right now; this is my character at level 37: grimtools.com/calc/r2BylKwN

The problem is that i don't know very well what to do with the devotions, i'll look into that later.

Should i use Mark of Dreeg component on my weapons, instead of Vitriollic Gallstone? I honestly don't know if Mark of Dreeg is stronger than the poison aura i get from the Gallstone. I don't plan on using the active skills from Mark at all.

Also, i'm afraid i wasn't very clever when picking my 2 classes, so i don't have a decent autoattack from the skill tree. Do you guys think it's a good idea to use Shard of Beronath on one of the weapons, so i can bind a devotion to it for it to reliably proc?

sounds like a cool idea, i'll try that out later
could you please share with us the name of the set as well?

Try googling or playing the game, user.

Do shrines and blacksmiths pull items from item transfer or only from personal stash?

binding defensive devotions to a skill allows them to gain exp. Binding offensive devotions to a skill allows the proc to happen when you use that skill, like if you bound the Rhowan's Crown proc to Flashbang, it would proc only when you use Flashbang. It also allows the offensive devotion to gain exp. I'm not sure if defensive devotions work if they're bound to a kill or not, or if they only activate when that skill is up or not (if you bind Chariot proc to something like Possession or Aura of Censure)

Transfer.

First off, don't go 1 point into everything. Pick a skill you want to use and then dump your points into it. Fuck the pets from occultist, they're useless unless you are full pet build. If you want to use Auto Attacks, drop Eye of Dreeg or get the 1point thing that gives it a cooldown and use it inbetween stabs. Otherwise you want more pierce damage than you do poison, unless you are using Justifiable Ends.

Yeah, just mostly take the 1pointers out of everything. Otherwise Occultist/Nightblade is a solid combo.

Also the set the guy is referring to is called Aetherstorm I believe.

>drop Eye of Dreeg

what did he mean by this
the dude doesn't have Eye of Dreeg