/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit, get hype wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>Switch
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/

>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows to install original pkg files, download&unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifBIsbTeTpk-bL1Ul9Z9ORPVX3BNH2pHlGW1Z0g8nvM/edit#gid=0
projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/645-mystery-gift-tool/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for kirby leaked

PS4 exploit where

Give me the ultra sun/moon leak

nigga check /vp/ it was released there this morning before the trailer

Let's all love Lain!

Give it at least until the 9th unless a reviewer who gets it before then has the balls to do it.

>Wake up
>See thread
>Still no USUM leak
>go back to sleep
well, after my 16 hour anime marathon that is.

>autismos autisming out over version 879 of the same fucking game
WHY
At least when most sequels come out there is some sort of variation or additional story or characters or mechanics. But why the fuck do autismos love the pokemans so much?

where da content lock seed

i'm this guy
why the hell did i lost my saves too? If i use my O3DS (the source of the transfer) everything is still there, both saves and games, but when i scan a qr (like said) on my N3DS (the target of the transfer) and play a game it's like i'm starting the game for the first time.
What's happening?

rato is the worst meme

Imagine being so autistic that you come to a general thread to anonymously complain about people who play a game.

Imagine being so easily triggered you anonymously complain about someone anonymously complaining

>At least when most sequels come out there is some sort of variation or additional story or characters or mechanics.
That's literally the case with every Pokémon iteration.

Is it currently possible to play online on a hacked 3ds?
OP faq doesn't answer this

yes

Ditto.

Ditto Ditto

Just updated to B9S after using A9LH since forever because of all the shitstorm that was around when B9S was fresh and shit was still in infancy.
How do I use NTR on B9S? Same as A9LH, using BootNTR?

Okay, I'm a fucking retard.
How do I get pkgi.txt working?
It says something about new line, have no idea what the fuck that means.

Just ignore them and play Shin Megami Tensei and Dragon Quest Monsters like civilized human being.

>main game is pretty much the same
>post game takes nostalgia pandering to an entirely new level
>UBs are "fixed" by introducing some empty areas that are pretty to look at but nothing more
>you can catch all legendaries now again woo
>the absolute state of that new Wolverock form
It's fucking nothing. You would be more aware of this shit if freeshop wasn't a thing.

So is the r4i Gold + the new best DS flashcart? I want to upgrade my DSTT.

>Dragon Quest Monsters
Civilization realized eating shit was bad for people a long time ago though.

Is there a 3ds homebrew that allows me to transfer files on an sd card over ftp that also allows for changing the sd card?

>he hasn't played the fantranslated 3DS remake that fixed everything wrong with the original
Plebus maximus

Yeah. Most of us have figured out how to build our own computers from scratch, but you can download what you need from Walmart.

FTPbrony

Stop. You'll only bring more /vp/ shitposters.

Does that actually let you switch SD cards you want to move files from? I want to move some stuff from my switch sd card but I don't have a pc to do it.

Walmart has what you need.

HNNNNNNNNNNNG Why is Reika so perfect?

Question: can I use the Wiiu game cube adapter for usbloader on vwii?

If I've never played Sun/Moon should I wait for the Ultra versions or just ignore it? I haven't played a full Pokemon title since the GBA days.

Yes

SM is extremely strenuous, or exhausting, or whatever you want to call it.
At the beginning of the game, so many shit prevents you from actually playing the game that's not even remotely funny anymore.
Just wait for Ultra and hope that they don't do this again.

Question as I am totally new to this:
I'm on the newest version of the 3DS, will there be an option where I don't have to use a flashcart/ second 3DS if I wait long enough or did they change some important thing for SD-card hacking?

Ignore it. Wait for Switch if you want to come back and ignore any USUM shills.

There won't be another option until the 3ds is completely dead and not getting any new support
Buy a flashcart or fuck off

>32gb sd card already full of games
guess i'll just buy a legit copy of USUM

I don't really think anybody of the hackers will care to create new shit for it since the 3DS has basically been hacked raw. They're all working on the Switch now.
Just buy a flashcard and be done with it.

>They're all working on the Switch now.
/hbg/ wishes.

May as well play the DS games in the meantime. Platinum and BW and/or BW2. I like Sun and Moon for an attempt at being different but it is true that the start of the game is constant unskippable cutscenes. You need some patience.

Hey guys OwO
My 3ds is on 9.2 and has rxtools on it that I broke a long time ago. Can I follow the 3ds guide in the OP to get luma or do I need to somehow get rid of rxtools first? Can I just delete all files on my SD card to delete my previous cfw or will that fuck my shit up?

Thank you :3c

wipe shit, follow guide

>guy supposedly got a Mario Odyssey Switch bundle with 3.0.0 firmware
Was he just turbolucky or are the bundles confirmed for all 3.0.0 like the Black Friday 3DS's were all all 11.2? I know the cart will update the system when you put it in, but trying to find a 3.0.0 Switch right now is hard enough without ignoring a possible gold mine.

Anyone got a bundle or can contribute anything? I already know about
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifBIsbTeTpk-bL1Ul9Z9ORPVX3BNH2pHlGW1Z0g8nvM/edit#gid=0
and am planning on using it to try to snag a Switch if the Mario Bundle is a fluke.

I wouldn't count that as lucky desu. Piracy and cfw is never coming.

>region: europe
The console isn't selling half as well in europe as it is in the US (I got a 2.3.0 console from amazon a month ago), the bundles probably use existing main unit stock and aren't all on the same firmware.

Do you honestly think that you will be getting piracy and spoof support on 3.0.0 anytime soon? Especially the spoofing part.
If you want 3.0.1+ games: the chances of a 3.0.1+ hack happening are higher than 3.0.0 + spoof happening.

People don't want to know the truth. They want to be right. Don't bother with people that are willingly ignorant

just play some older pokemon game, with mods if it's too easy, with mods in general if it's too tedious. Emulators only.

source or?

>I got a 2.3.0 console from amazon a month ago
I heard Amazon is already out of 3.0.0 consoles in the US. I'm thinking of heading to Target this weekend to try my luck. They have a decent return policy if I get a dud.

>Do you honestly think that you will be getting piracy and spoof support on 3.0.0 anytime soon?
Nope. I'm just planning on sitting on it until a decent CFW eventually comes out or about a year or two passes. Either or really.
>If you want 3.0.1+ games: the chances of a 3.0.1+ hack happening are higher than 3.0.0 + spoof happening.
Probably. I just don't want to get burned if it turns out to not to be the case. I think there's only two games I want to play that require 3.0.1+ and I can wait on both of those. There's not much upcoming I can't wait for either.

How big was the hole in 3.0.0 anyway? Is there any chance of getting non-userland CFW out of it? Having CFW you can freely update the console on would be the best possible outcome imo, however unrealistic that is.

Switch scene is the dregs of the old scene. Most people left and all that is left are the attention whores and their actual competent coder slaves. Bootlickers who come in with a shred of talent are your best bet of releasing private shit like Palantine or something.

They apparently have arbitrary read and write access to the kernel which, with some coding, should be enough since they can rewrite the kernel.
But the chances of that being currently actually usable or disclosed anytime soon (or ever) are next to zero.

Is there any way to use cheats in GBA games on 3DS?

Extract the save and use the cheats on vba. Inject back into vc when done.

Welp, that's a bit assbackwards, I was hoping for something direct on the 3DS itself, but I guess I'll take it.

Nintendo intended for VC to be used for playing games by gamers. Shitters who need the helping hand of the devil were forsaken by Reggie.
It also helps that the other emulators on the 3ds aren't worth the storage they take.

All I want is to get the event-only items for Pokemon Fire Red user

You should have asked your mom to take you to Toys R Us as a kid user.

when usum leaks will I be able to get it through freeshop or will I have to use a different method

Fuck you asshole, I'm not even Murrifat.

Patricians pre-load so as to not delete stuff for cia-required extra space. Peasants use the leaked cia. Retards will get banned.
>Murrifat
You seem upset. Toys R Us wasn't just an American spot.
Sorry you weren't the kid on the block with the old sea map cunt ;^)

The events literally weren't even available in my country, as with the remaining 3/4 of Europe you shiteater.

You should live in a country that matters to Nintendo then loser. Like Japan.
>tfw you had a nicknamed arceus before anybody else in the west

projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/645-mystery-gift-tool/

This tool will inject the events correctly

Oh shit that will do nicely.

Question about the current state of the Switch hacking.

As far as I understood it, they managed to dump the bootrom (probably encrypted so it might take ages?)? Doesn't this mean that they can exploit it, if they manage to find a bug, on every firmware since it actually runs before the firmware even kicks in?
Nintendo can fix this by a hardware revision, but everyone with an older Switch is on the safe side? Give that they find a bug, obviously.

Any history of nintendo banning people for going online in a game not released in their country? for example- Monster Hunter XX
I ask because of the new Kirby game. Like, wont nintendo see I'm a filthy american playing on european servers?
i-i'm paranoid...

yes, they have but worst case scenario you can unban yourself

took 6 years to pirate 3ds. come back in 6 years.

They ban them only if the console and game don't match.
If you're a filthy American with an European game and console they can't.
But I assume you meant playing an out of region game on your system, then yes.
Unless it's Pokémon or other games that are the same for all regions.
Battle Royale is already confirmed to be region specific by its serial, you're out of luck.

FIVE HOURS

Yes but no.

Yes, given that they find a bug that allows them to get all the way to CFW on the bootrom, that coudn't be patched out. That, however, is not really how one would expect CFW to come about.

can confirm 5 hours

Isn't that how it currently works on the 3DS?

With ntrboot. Which is probably the most hilarious exploit I've ever heard of. If something like that is on the Switch I'll eat my hat, and laugh while doing it because holy shit Nintendo.

>Which is probably the most hilarious exploit I've ever heard of
Explain

Oh well, that does seem like an impossibility.
I don't think that Nintendo is that stupid, but the Switch does have a sleep function, so who knows.
Like: hold a magnet somewhere and set it to enter sleep mode after a minute, once you run it, ta-da.

Thanks for the insight.

>Nintendo can fix this by a hardware revision, but everyone with an older Switch is on the safe side?
No, it's not like that. Unlike on the 3DS, the Switch's bootrom can be updated.
Therefore, there's no "safe side" for this.

You can boot from an NDS cart instead of NAND by waving a magnet and pressing buttons.

I was updating A9LH to B9S and just got to step 9:

>Delete any existing .bin payloads in the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card as they will not be compatible with boot9strap compatible Luma3DS versions

But I deleted everything from it without properly looking because of IRL distractions. Since I'm connected through my cellphone, the files are gone and not in the recycle bin.

Any chance I threw out something important or am I good?

They can? That sucks.
Do we know if they actually did it, so far?

You're good.

laughing_women.jpg

Thanks as always

3.60+ vita games when?

Exhausting? I was under the impression that it got piss easy after beating the walking-around tutorial.

Exhausting as in "you can't pass this," or "Wait, I gotta explain this shit here," and "Hey, I need to explain this here as well" and "Dude, this requires explanation again." Etc.
The beginning of the game is a chore.

Honestly, why Isn't there STILL a damn button in the main menu which is basically like this: I've been playing this game for the past 20 years so stop explaining this shit to me.

>SM
>piss-easy
Unironically best balanced and hardest games to date

is vita-savemgr still the preferred save manager?

>Also, you still can't go faster than your SD card lets you, which is still pretty damn slow.
Yeah, but isn't most of the install time wasted on slow ass decryption?

Why is this thread dead? It's the fucking pokemon month. We should have leak shitposters galore.

DON'T WORRY BUDDY I'M HERE

I'm glad Pokeniggers aren't around yet.

>he's not ready for two months of WHARE PATCH, WHY PATCH NOT WORK

I don't know if I'll be able to hold off from the leak, but one of my favorite parts of Pokemon in the 3DS generation is early wondertrading, and my cfw 3ds is banned. I preordered the game so I can play on my legit 3ds because I'm a buycuck for wondertrade and GTS, but I know that if I play too much of the leak I won't have motivation to play the game when my actual copy arrives.

come on guys, you know you wanna meme. where the cory in the house cias, wheres the "in five hours", the fake screenshots, the "I totally have the game but wont leak it lololololol"

If you crave activituy so much, why don't you answer my question

Doing my best, guys!