Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

To many more years of glorious monster hunting!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-399035884/driven-by-the-stars
youtube.com/watch?v=2iifmbxholA
youtu.be/sH8tDCtjVxI?list=FLYVKgFse4QBy9lYRi_PlHoQ&t=2059
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PO1tuLmTsdQJ:https://pastebin.com/1q6cfNpp &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1lwXZ04hY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rathalos impregnation when

third for almost 404'd

>To many more years of glorious monster hunting!
This is a wholesome thread.

Wholesome hunters only.

so is the list real?

soundcloud.com/user-399035884/driven-by-the-stars

>Prowler and CB

Reposting here
youtube.com/watch?v=2iifmbxholA
a PGW stream, character creation, intro, roten vale gameplay

Thanks, here's where the image was taken from btw
youtu.be/sH8tDCtjVxI?list=FLYVKgFse4QBy9lYRi_PlHoQ&t=2059
I think this perfectly encapsulates why I love MH as much as I do

Doby :DDDDD

Turn 360 degrees and walk away

How RPG is Monster Hunter? Will I be picking up new weapons off monsters and leveling up for new abilities and shit? thinking about getting into it with MH3 on Wii U or just waiting for World.

Damn, that's a very good rendition.

I think it's legit, but it's unclear if it's the entire roster.

why is everyone stealing my filenames
every thread i see like 30 images with names I wrote
stop

>How RPG is Monster Hunter?
There is no "character progression". All of your increases in power come from the equipment you make and the monsters you hunt.

There no stats like Strength, Agility, Intellect; it's only the armor on your back and the weapon in your hands. You become stronger by becoming a better player.

You don't receive equipment directly from monsters. You receive bits and parts from monsters that you use to craft new weapons and armor for use.

You're on a gathering quest and this guy slaps your handlers ass

No character levelling up at all, it's entirely about crafting your weapons. The most "levelling up" you're gonna do is upgrading your kitchen, which gives you better buffs before a mission, and your farm, which helps you get resources. As far as weapons, you get parts from gathering and killing monsters, and you craft weapons and armor from that. All your "skills" (which have a huge variety, btw) come from your armor.

No XP or leveling up. MH is more of an action game with RPG elements like crafting weapons and armor of your preference.

>Alatreon has its own unique modified skeleton, it does NOT use the Kushala ske-

Everything on the list is real, but it's not necessarily the full roster. It very well could be though, there aren't many more returning monsters since over half of the total monster count is new.

Sounds pretty cool, then. I don't really need leveling, upgrading equipment feels like plenty enough character progression for me.

If Cephadrome is a land shark, does that mean Jyuratados is a mud shark?

Do we know anything about Bazelgeuse, other than the fact it's also the name of a constellation?

the trio and ala are the same skeleton

It's one of the names on that list that we have no confirmation of yet

It's probably an alien that causes the Elder Crossing. Kinda drawing a parallel to MH1 where Fatalis scares Lao shan Lung and the other elders.

if the mural is anything to go by, it's gonna be a giant, 4 winged dragon. But that mural is kind of not proving itself to be very meaningful at this point so who knows

There's technically a character level system with "experience" points in HR/HRP, but it's only used as a requirement to unlock quests and monsters.
Monster Hunter Frontier has some character leveling/building aspects that provide stats not directly tied to equipment, but that's an ancient, Japan-only MMO.

That's the point. We had some retard who went on for two threads swearing that Alatreon was different.
At this point I'm not sure if it's part of a joke or not, many people fail to see skeletons or point out wrong ones for newer monsters.

Clever girl!

>alien
We bloodborne now?

Remember to do your part in building a bigger, healthy community by teaching and mentoring all newfriend hunters willing to learn!

Can someone paste the pastebin again?

I beat village Alatreon!

dank is this kush?

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PO1tuLmTsdQJ:https://pastebin.com/1q6cfNpp &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
The mural shows a star crashing into earth on the right side, it also shows nergigante coming out of zora magdaros.

So does this mean those Dalamadurs we have been fighting were still small sneks?? Holy fucking shit.

Yeah. Kush only walks with its head upright like alatreon always has when not fighting.
Teo is the same while Chameleos always has its head up.

If we go by skeletons, most of the Monoblos/Diablos we fight are pretty small to. The crabs wear way bigger skulls. Same goes for Lao.

I meant to say "How dank is this Kush" but the 'how' got cut off for some reason

oh ok

And I just realised that this means that Frontierfags are BTFO'ed. All those arguments about how Laviente is bigger. Haha, yeah, no chance in hell. Especially now.

Chameleos doesn't use the kusha skeleton.

Kushala Dankora

4 (You)

Whaddup mon

Rajang just got confirmed in a new gameplay video. The list is now confirmed BS. Listfags BTFO

I want to give Milsy-chan all my big, hot, wet, horn coins!

Anyone asking a noobabby question gets tripped the whole hunt and then kicked out.

Doubtful. Even if it were confirmed it's not like the list claimed to be complete.

source it or it didn't happen

>he still hasn't posted source

I am betting my money on that teased monster in the latest trailer.

>top is covered in corpses, bones, and gore
>bottom is soft and squishy, and glows like the roof of a glowworm cave

i could get behind this.

Are there any other solo hunters who are worried about the difficulty scaling between amounts of players? I honestly feel like this is going to ruin the entire game for me if I'm basically locked into easy mode for wanting to play solo.

I'm sure that the team's thought of this and will allow you to do self imposed challenge runs and such.

>top is covered in corpses, bones, and gore
Hey drawfags, make a pic of a pile of corpses, bones and Gore Magalas. :D

2017's MH orchestra is on youtube now apparently
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1lwXZ04hY
If anyone can supply a real download, it could be awesome

I can't find Wanchovies in Gen what the fuck

>implying we have drawfags

We got "im not a furry" Tsflipp

No, he is a mud carp.

Why are japs so fucking backwards when it comes to this shit? Who even buys CDs anymore? Can't you just put this shit on spotify?

>tfw returning to MH after a month long break
LOOKS LIKE TIGREX IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

kill yourself

>woomy isn't using a slime weapon
ONE JOB

womby?

I missed you too, user. I hope your hunts are going well.

Who's woomy?

That's better.

It seems like SnS now has a massively expanded X combo that allows for lots of rotation and changes in direction during the combo. After the two-hit that would normally be the finisher, the hunter goes into a flurry of stabs and shield swipes.

can be seen in at around 32:45, right after Girros paralyzes the Radobaan.

nvm sorry i guess people here don't know splatoon autism

>only 4 new large monsters left
>They could only produce 16 new monsters even without creating a single new skeleton
What the fuck?

foreskin dlc when

Hopefully never.

>Americans

khzeu get off the computer

Haven't played any of the handheld games for more than a few hours. The only Monster Hunter game I've invested any serious time in is the original on PS2. Looking to get back into the series with World. Which weapons should I consider? There are so many I don't recognize. I used the great sword in the original game, not that that game had much choice.

big enough to show up on the map

Literally try them all and see what you like.

Bow!

Clifford is a large monster for sure, the fucker's pretty much proven himself to be the top dog of this entire pound, he makes Legiana, Paolumu and Bongaan his bitch!

Are they all equally viable now? I remember the sword and shield and bowguns being meme weapons in the original. Basically everyone ran great sword, lance or hammer.

this you start with an equipment box with 1 of every weapon, so there's no reason not to.

>tfw no Barioth armor in World

I want to rape elf

If you're going off that list, the fact that it lists the remaining as yet to be revealed roster as being 80% elder dragons, species variants and a couple of outliers when there's likely two areas left to reveal seems to indicate that something is missing

GS was literally THE worst weapon in MH1 though.

That's referring to the Dalamadur corpse, if it wasn't clear.

Every weapon is viable, but some are inevitably going to be better than others. At this point we have no clue which ones those are going to be in World and it really shouldn't matter to you because you should try every weapon and see what you enjoy.

Are you sure? I remember doing pretty well with it, and everyone seemed to use it.

I think they're referring to the giant Dalamadur

>Are they all equally viable now?
Balance is better than it used to be, but it's still kind of a big joke.

Unless you're a TAutist, every weapon will serve you well. You just gotta put in the effort to make it work. Some weapons require less effort than others.