/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Spooky scary [UNDEAD] edition

Previous journal update:
Patch v3.0.150.188 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1461842131332478533

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sH4u7T0FOsU
strawpoll.me/14317834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Cello a shit

You are a shit

I wish Ryker didn't try to kill me, his mansion is super comfy.

he kinda has to since he's sworn.
iirc it's literally part of the pact he made.

Fifth for featherfall

>play custom character
>travel with some people
>it almost like... I have friends
>finish the game
>cry myself to sleep because no more adventures to go on with my friends

so im the red prince, i sat down with stingtail to see the vision and then sebille killed him, and now have the empty orange, how do I get amryo out now?

oh boi boi boi, am I boutta get some HOT LIZARD FUCC ACTION?

Kill the fucker and loot the key to the cage from his corpse.

griff?

Yes. Be sure to talk to Butter first.

if i attack griff doesnt half the camp try to kill me?

oh geez

Only his asshole friends. Just get your mage and crossbowman on the scaffolding next to the cage. Shouldn't be much of a problem for anybody level 3 or higher.

i remember some of them have skillbooks should do i get to loot them after they die?

I'm pretty sure Griff isn't a skill vendor and as long as you don't spill your spaghetti Butter should side with you. If I'm wrong and Griff is a skill vendor then just steal them first.

i think her name is hilde but she has some skill books and is one of griffs sluts, ill just save scum to test it out.

There's only one correct answer.
>[2]

Copied from last thread:
Anyone know what the Sawdust Covered Key does? Pickpocketed it from the mercs at the mill

Why are the elves from the encampment attacking me on sight? I just want to help pls

Which encampment? The fuck did you do?

AROUND ELVES

One in driftwood near the Lone Wolves
I changed into an Elf as Fane and that was the only way to talk to them
They're doing some ritual, how do I tell them about Saheila? I have her crest

Saheila should be there too.
If she isn't you either killed her or she died from surface damage.

Nah she's being held in the Lone Wolves camp upstairs
I sneaked in and checked

Then free her, jeez.

I just told them as my main character (Ifan) not to fuck with me because they're weak as shit and I'm a 42 strength two-hander.

Persuasion Success!

I feel like they want you to explore in Arx/Nameless Isle, but I was so interested in the main story that I didn't really spend much time exploring, and then you move on without seeing much of the area. I kind of wish the side stuff was a bit more integrated into the story. I guess it's something for me to do on my second playthrough, and this time I won't be a Lone Wolf scumbag.

So why is the Path of Blood a thing in lore ?
Isn't Ahru supposed to be a good guy ? Why would someone want an endless amount of people to come die, creating a literal river of blood for people to bath in, while, even if they were deemed pure, they'd have then to go through perilous trap rooms ?

Why not just block the access and have people pray at the statue like civilized folks ?

It's to protect the tomb of the Divine, The purpose is to keep out anyone that could do harm. If people are retarded enough to know how it works and still run in to their deaths i don't really see how that's his problem.

in the tutorial dungeon, i beat ragequin. how do i leave the room?

I get that it's to protect it but isn't the whole "be the purest maiden in the world or get obliterated so that people can feast on your entrails" bit a bit unecessary ?
Why not just seal it and make it clear people aren't supposed to go there ?

Go behind him, turn right, take the stairs

lol, but the big round stone has locked me in, and i see no floor switches or anything useful. if it's supposed to open automagically after he dies, then something bugged out

What is the minimum level I can comfortably exit fort joy and not get eviscerated by bog encounters? I just want to leave this crappy fucking prison.

Should I just focus on a single element, like pure Pyromancy, or should I get two so I don't have to deal with AIDS cooldowns?

>buy the OST
>doesn't have all the songs in the game on it
FUCKING JEWS

this
where's my shadow prince showdown in FLAC, Larian?
REEEEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=sH4u7T0FOsU

>it doesn't even have sing for me (lohse)

Check the op for extracted soundtrack.

Treasure chest.

Alright so I just reached the entrance of the Blackpits in Reapers Coast, past Gareth Family Farm and the Voidwoken encounter, and I'm starting to get a little frustrated with how this game is presenting Magisters.

Its like the game can't decide if it wants me to see the Magisters as religious order that is at odds with the player by circumstance and not all of them a terrible people even if their order goes to extreme lengths for justifiable goal, or if they want me to believe that the Magisters are insane murderous psychopaths who brutally murder countless innocents who "might" have helped a person who was eventually found to be a sorcerer at some point.
It's starting to get a little absurd that the game expects me to not just kill every magister I see and have that as being the "good" option. I have this sinking feeling that the game is building up towards some revelation that the magisters are actually entirely correct and I'm the "bad guy" if I want to stop them and their wicked methods. I'm really hoping the game doesn't pull that cheap bullshit.

How are you supposed to deal with the Fort Joy? Just go balls in and kill all magisters?

only when you're ready to leave
aggoring them all early is annoying

There's a ladder you can use to avoid the lvl4 magisters, but if you can't deal with them you probably won't be able to deal with the hollow marshes, let alone orivand/kniles. It's difficult not doing SOME min-maxing for xp, however, due to the scaling and how poor you are in terms of skills.

Can you actually enter fort Joy peacefully?

kniles is easier than orivand, the docks fight and paladin cork imo

also the undead vendor sells dope gear

if you leave fort joy via any exit all magisters aggro

exits are;
sewers
prison dungeons with the boat
fighting your way out across the bridge
teleporting and fighting through the docks

there's 2 paths that you can escape with zero combat though

Good luck buying that gear when you haven't got enough net worth for basic skillbooks.

You can just sneak around Orivand.
Only non-violent one I can think of is sneaking past Kniles in the sewers.

if you give knives the lizard leg he doesn't aggro at all

and yeah, both orivand and kniles can be stealthed past

Jesus christ the fucking cheese it took the win the arena

Christ

lucian is a fucking madman thats why

if winning the arena took a lot of cheese for you.. oh boy youre gonna have some fun times ahead

I didnt have almost any gear and levels user

>I didnt have almost any gear

You can literally rob everyone in the game, that's not an excuse.

All it takes is not having thievery on your character or companion and you can't, unless you use a mod to respec.

>not having thievery on all characters from the start
>there's also gear that has thievery bonus on it (belts and gloves are common, there's a unique chest and boots that also give +1 later in the game)

Thievery and persuasion are the only skills worth a damn.
You're a scrub.

>being this much of a min maxer
Dude. The guy is pretty obviously is new to the game. Maybe he went in blind. He's not going to have thievery on everyone. In fact, He might not even have thievery at all if he didn't put it on his avatar or picked, I think the poly/scoundrel preset for his party members. And he's doing the joy arena, so he's level what, 3? He obviously hasn't rolled a thievery bonus gear yet. Maybe he's even still being RP and not robbing everyone he because he doesn't want to steal like that. None of those things are bad. It might surprise you, but some people play games differently than as a min-maxer first and foremost.

>using your brain means you're a min-maxer

Come on, one look at the civic skills is enough to come to a conclusion if you have more than two brain cells working.

Why would you take Thievery on EVERYONE?

Because you can only rob a guy with one character once.
And traders always get new gear/money after a time.

>it's another videogame where humans have shit racials and all the shitty looking races have good racials

I'd say "at least it isn't +1 skillpoint" but man, encourage is shit. It's ok early on.

Quick, divg, how do I make damaging grenades viable aside from taking ambidextrous? The easiest to obtain grenades are firestorm grenades, so do I just invest a lot of points into pyro?

Cut the guy some slack. It took me 2 attempts to figure out that you can't earn enough honest money to properly outfit your party before going for the escape routes.

Encourage is fine, bartering is better than sneaking and not a bad thing to have, and thrifty is the best racial.

Why would anybody even want to be one if they did have good racials
humans a shit

>1 ap aoe buff ain't good

Are you really that bad that you have to rely on racials when choosing your character?

No
I just pick the obviously superior race, Lizards.

>obviously superior
>lizards

You seem to have misspelled Undead.

does the attribute i use for persuasion actually matter or is it just flavours of the persuasion civil ability

I think it matters. Once I took the response with less attribute points and failed the check. Reloaded to see and picked my best attribute and it worked.

Supposedly, each point in persuasion is only +5 to the stat you're using, but I'm pretty sure there's different breakpoints for each stat in each situation. For example, you might only need 10 INT for one option to pass, but 50 STR for another.

>Shitdead

The best race isn't even present in the game except in a rock.

>WE WUZ DRAGUNZ AND SHIET: the race
>superior to anything

Overgrown reptile, plz.

kys again fagdead

After you, furry.

House?

strawpoll.me/14317834

>no house of love
shit list

>no house of love

>battlemage

I just picked one that didn't have a weapon that stood out too much, I just launched the game for that screenshot real quick.

Well, I'm playing lizards too, but mostly for aesthetic reasons. Who cares about racials, seriously.

Manly dwarfes eat steel and shit epic. Cucks no need to apply, take your le deep hippie shit somewhere else

Overcompensating manlet: the race

but-but I 've never heard of such a house, am i not far enough in the game? is this bait? an empire built on the back of slaves can have a such a thing?

inb4
>he doesn't know

>Stunned
>Shocked
>Silenced
>Knocked down
>Atrophied
>Even when not permastunned initiative always puts me last

This game can be frustrating sometimes goddamn it

>he doesn't know

>a brothel in Driftwood
>not the empire
OH COME ON!

Get them first. Enemies rarely have good armor values on both sides. Nuke the weaker armor and cc them. Always position yourself advantageously if you think there's going to be a fight.

>isbeil auto-knockdowns your entire party for a cutscene like she's a credible threat
>she's just an ordinary wussy undead

Invest some points in Resilience or whatever the name of the skill is.
It makes the game much easier, especially when playing lone wolf.

>the whole game phys armor is immeasurably important
>last fight
>noone even fucking touches my phys armor and its a cc fest
looks like i'm respeccing everyone with enough INT for mage gear

>wendigo destroys the ship like she's hot shit
>just some hag on an island