/twg/ - Total War General

Big swinging edition

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix soon, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gaen_Vale
honga.net/totalwar/warhammer2/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer2&f=wh2_main_rogue_def_chs_vashnaar
honga.net/totalwar/warhammer2/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer2&f=wh2_main_rogue_celestial_storm
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150183263
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Isabella doesn't wear panties

>Beat Gelt and Franz
>Get both their traits
>Empire immediately sues for peace after

V L A D

The other army was some shitty garrison.

2nd for Fantasy!

Why do only AI armies use Chariots.

Why don't YOU use Chariots?

How the FUCK is Empire supposed to take Marienburg before Bretonnia in ME? Every single game Louie sacks that orc town and then sieges Marienburg on turn 2. EVERY GAME. I don't want to have to kill Louen just to keep rightful Empire clay

And sink to their level? I think not.

>province shares same terrain type
>2 minor settlements are suitable climate
>capital is uninhabitable

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

WHAT
THE
FUCK

From DBR Pike and Shot rulebook. Not specific to any one army I am just going down the list citing unit types from across the lists. Ask for a nation/state in question and I will supply the info from wargaming and the other book I have to track down.

Mounted Crossbow
Mounted Arqubusier
Foot xbow
Foot Aquebusier
Sword and buckler
Stradiots (Light horse with scimitars, javelins, possibly bows or crossbows?)
Bombard (mortar I think)
Organ gun or hagbuts(?) on stand
Pike
Ordonnance Gendarmes (Full knights)
Ordonnance "archers" (Gave up their bows, now 'half armored lancers"0
Mounted Xbow
Foot Xbow
Field Guns
"Aventuriers" - Gascons, Picards, Bretons, some Italians. Not clear if they'd be pike or xbow or mix of weapons.
Atradiots
Argoulets (Mounted light horse 'ore light armor originally armed with xbow and mace, later wheel lock arqebus)
Halberdiers
Jinetes
Skirmishing musketry/Aquebusiers
Horse Archers (Duh)
Pistoliers (mounted pistolry, mechanics/tactics/style I'll get into with another post)
Dragoons
Archers (French 1494-1561 still had sizable numbers of "Francs Archers" - army list gives as many Francs Archers as Picard/Piedmont Pikemen)
Light spear armed cavalry - English had "Javelins/staves/prickers/border horse" for the English light cavalry with a spear, sometimes xbow or firearm.
Longbowmen
Billmen
Highlanders (warband, so swords and such)
Usually wargaming cites Sipahi and other Eastern cavalry as being a mix of bow and lance and sidearm. So think not quite Horse archer as much as heavy cavalry who happen to have bows.

Anybody use Dryrian's reskin mods? Thoughts? Are there better options? I like them for some races (dwarves, dark elves) but he made all of the metal parts of chaos warriors this dumb orange color for some reason.

where? also did you mod weather?

nope

Get on my roll, bro.

Choose the fate of Sheeld.

Hey guys can we get some pictures of cute Wood Elves?

Been looking everywhere but there's absolutely no good sources of WFB fanart online

They seem to be extremely hit or miss, even in just the faction reskins themselves. One unit looks good, then the one right next to it went full retard. Arguably still worth using for some factions you like them for but I'd never recommend just getting the whole package, just pick and choose on what you like.

I too wish I could micromanage a bunch of chariots all at the same time.

>cute Wood Elves

Don't exist.

I think that cites all the general types of units you'd get. There's a lot of gradients within a category - knightly types with lances will range from unarmored to just a cuirass and helmet to 3/4ths armor to full plate to the horse being equally armored. Not all knights were made equal between Europeans.

>>Likewise pikes differed a little in strategy or use: "At the Beginning of the Italian wars pikes were usually then 10 feet long, but the Swiss then, or perhaps earlier, lengthemed them to 18 feet. Others, including the Italians, followed suit, but Germans and Spanish preferred a shorter weapon, about 13 feet long. English pikes, at least in the 1th century, were 16-18 feet long and this probably represents the popular range, though pikemen were much given to hacking a foot or two off the butt end to lighten their load".

Swiss/Italian pikes might then resemble a Sarissa while German/Spanish pikes would be shorter and more like how sometimes mods give Ipkhriates hoplites semi-pikes.

As an example of how some armies took longer to go to pike and shot, it notes the Bills being English weapons "par excellence', remaining in large scale use till late in the 16th century - in 1584 there being 2,500 billmen on the Scots border compared to 2400 pikemen. Then you've got the Berdiche being popular with Russian Streltsi and Polish infantry till the late 17th century, two handed axes by the Scots and Galloglaich of Ireland.

In the early period Halberdiers or staff weapons/Zweihanders were in small numbers guarding the colors or on the flanks, later being more the weapon of bodyguards and NCOs. Course, CA could/would depict them as separate units as they should, it would help diversify the army makeup - you'd use halberds like swordsmen/thureohporoi on the flanks or your Sarissa formation

CHIVALRY SQUAD

ASSEMBLE!

do YOU use them? you fucking grot, are either DE or HE chariots good?

That one is for lore reasons.'
even high elves don't have suitable climate for that region

Pls respond, do I stand any chance at all here or should I just run away?

oh
i didnt know that
i just got triggered without thinking

there skellies and zombies arent a problem, you have something to fuck the grave guard?

Only if White Lions or an eagle can fuck them.

Still trying to find a way around this goddamn problem.

I can't seem to start multiplayer battles with people in TW:W2. We can enter a lobby and make armies, and the battlefield loads in, but the "Waiting for players to finish loading" message appears and eventually times out without going to deployment. Firewalls/internet seems fine.

Your bolt throwers will eat about 10 of those cards by themselves.

When I was using hot spot from my phone on PC I had the same problem but didn't find the answer. Problem was gone when they finally installed me normal cabel internet. Would like to know what caused it too. Other games worked fine in MP.

What is the lore behind it? Unstable magic or some shit?

Best I can see is snipe the leader. Bolt throwers and eagle can focus on him same with the cavalry you got. Then it's a question of holding out long enough for the attrition to kick in

focus down the duke and the vampires, try and bait grave guard with the reavers . also cycle charge the bird, try and bring a wizard next time.

I'm on an ethernet connection to broadband, TW1 works great in multiplayer too. Fucking bizarre.

>chivalry
>six women, an elf whore, a ghost and one actual knight
for shame. vote mallobaude 2522.

The Vampirememe is real, lads.

>Send out all of my vampires
>Enemy swarms them
>Vampires are invincible and proceed to just heal up and never die
>Casually walk up my infantry
>Surround the enemy while they're fighting vampires
>Have cavalry and flyers kill ranged/artillery before doing repeated charges into the enemy blob

Xth for History!

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gaen_Vale

Playing HE as Tyrion.

Got a few questions if anyone can help.

First off, should I focus on unifying Ulthuan, or just make sure im buddy with the AI factions and move elsewhere? I kind of want all the unique buildings but I think it will take forever to actuall confederate and conquer everything there.

Second, what should I focus on as Tyrion? His stats with the Aenerion line are insane, but can he really make use of them? The more general bonuses from the Ulthuan line seems more practical.

And lastly, which mages should I be using? High, Life, what? I want to have at least one per army and think that would be a good idea, but I dunno if the healing from life are worth losing the offense from the other options.

>history
>that armour
fucking profligate. boys are for love, women are for babymaking.

Sorry, see;

honga.net/totalwar/warhammer2/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer2&f=wh2_main_rogue_def_chs_vashnaar

ur chilling with ur dreadlord waifu when this army comes by and slaps her on the ass what do

Abandon the slut for my vampire waifu

Let him beat up my mom a bit then attack when's weakened from battle.

I won the battle, dunno if you can make out the corpses but shit got intense. Sheeld and the eagle were essential; wish I could make that birb a lord for this fight. The artillery halved the Grave Guard numbers, then the archers finished the rest; from there it was attrition as she and the eagle wore down the Red Duke and the vampire; the wizard was easy pickings and died almost immediately.

nice

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

>No female marauders.

Felicion's ex-gf was one m8.

Please have a hyena vagina.

honga.net/totalwar/warhammer2/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer2&f=wh2_main_rogue_celestial_storm

I once had these guys spawn next to my capital.

Except they also had 3 dragon ogres and a shoggoth

@194382858

Yup.

>no Valkia waifu to slaughter the weak with
why even live

have you guys had horde armies just stay in one fucking place the whole time. during my skolk campaign one spawned and it stayed still for 50 plus turns. i even payed it to go to war and it didnt move. fucking bugs god dam you grace you goblin whore

These would be a Vlad and Izzy type of reinforcing Lords if they ever put them in the game. In fact, while one was alive the other would never be permanently killed.

I wish that happened. The dragon ogre lizardmen DOW on my ally during my Tyrion campaign. It was either lose all my military production or renege on the alliance which caused all of Uthuan to declare on my as well.

>waifu fagging
>weebs sughumans
The absolute state of /twg/

Does anyone have the full list of traits earned from killing LLs?

>>waifu fagging
Only reason why I don't want anything with a vagina and a cute face in a game. Just makes discussion unbearable with these troglodytes.

I somehow feel like this is an insult to Wood Elves

So, lizardman is boring as shit, but I really want to play those high tier dinos. I've tried Kroq-gay about 6 times now and just can't get past turn 40. Should I give that nigger one more try or just move on to Pepzdamundi?

Why?

>When you let Altdorf burn because you're too busy being hungover with the boys.

Franz is being lazy as fuck in my campaign but at least he has Balthazar razing the nosca.

Why are they boring? Because Saurus are too stronk, Skinks are too weak and you end up making only Saurus? Have you considered making more skinks?

>Hahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA: Defeat Heinrich Kemmler

Lizards are the most boring faction, play an actually fun faction.

anyone here use dryrains reskins? are they any good? the screen shots shown on the page arent really varied and dont show a huge amount of difference. are they graphically taxing?

Vampire Counts are fucking me up REAL bad, fellas. Playing Clan Angrund right now, how the hell do I beat them?

>be swordmaster of hoeth
>train for centuries to be the ultimate swordsman
>Skarsniks 5 day crash course in "How ta' stabbinz-No teef back guarantee" makes his gobbos just as good

How will Helfs ever recover?

I would also like to see this.

Shoot them.

more stacks

>Lizards are the most boring faction

Dwarves still exist

And wood elves or bretonnia

I like unifying the donut but it makes a difference if you are playing Vortex or Mortal campaign. I find in Mortal that by the time I unite the island, chaos shows up and I have to spend 20 turns fighting them off and there are a lot.

I always go down his hit stuff harder tree, but that's only because I love just chucking him into the entire enemy army and seeing how high I can get his kill count.

High mages for days. Loremasters aren't awful either and they have the training ability.

Every time I try to unite my stacks Mannfred discovers he has infinite movement range and does THIS

>Welves
>Bretonnia
>Boring
>Let alone in the same realm as Dwarfs and Lizards as boring

youre fucking retarded

>have level 26 khaniite assassin
>send him before armies arrive
>assassinate every hero
>assault units so hard they have like 10% HP left after 2 turns
>garrisons become useless because they get assaulted
>he literally never fails

this is way too easy but i can stop doing it

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150183263

Because the saurus route is right click afk win. Skink route is anti-fun handicap as if very hard isn't bad enough. Also, neither offers any visually pleasing battle effects.

Did. They're the last race for me

At least artys are fun to look at

I'm playing vortex

Even when my entire fucking army tunnelvisions him Mannfred won't go down he just fucking regens it all

Shoot him you retard, missiles are the best way to kill lords

>dorfs are so short they take shit from manlet.

Every single archer you see in my stack was shooting ONLY him; he just does not take any goddamn damage from them.

Lost internet for a week thanks to public utilities fucking up.

Is the foundation update applied to Mortal Empires yet?

I keep hearing about it, but what is the foundation update?

No, and they're not going to implement it fully.

They have some differences but overall its pretty nice. No noticeable frame drops on my rig with medium/custom settings. Solid mod.

Can Kholek defeat Treenigger?!

Playable Norsca, new skills for the original LL's, fixes to make the Chaos campaign not garbage, Regiments for all the DLC factions
A lot of quality of life shit that will help the old factions compete with the new game's factions

The absolute state of Vampires right now.

Durthu's Manitcore sucked up Kholek's charge and gave him time to get some critical hits in, however Kholek is making good progress

Can he make up the difference?

You can steal mounts? What the fuck

The ME Chaos Invasion is a fucking headache, especially for any central old world factions like the Empire or the Vampires. The AI fucking blitzes for you and ignores everything else. You have to deal with a threat coming from every direction. Might just mod it out, it's bullshit.

Kholek is determined to make up for lost time, and has overtaken Durthu in health

Can Durthu clutch it out, or is Chaos destined to prevail?

RIP Treehitler

>Implying there is anything a Skaven won't steal.
Not that I can equip it. But It's still pretty funny.

why is he called tree hitler?