/xcg/ - XCOM General

Previous mission News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-NKY-kKJiog?t=1m55s
docs.google.com/forms/d/1Jxb3a47wx2QoUcN7G71IByb-2whm9KYCHAcPl4U5Pfo
implyingrigged.info/wiki//xcg/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123427895
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127668460
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892409062
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124143474
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124524679
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125421345
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129464749
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127441224
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127988223
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1126581672
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127869947
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127217531
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129133766
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132820861
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132835147
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123758226
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1134627944
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1135440846
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1142468745
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167122902
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172570913
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136018138&searchtext=Military
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aliens are useful.

pistols are useful

youtu.be/-NKY-kKJiog?t=1m55s

What happened to the guild wars 2 general?
I cant find it

Don't worry, it happens to us all. A general or thread we really liked disappears into the archives, never to be seen again. You need to uproot, move on, find a new place to hang with anons. But don't forget: You're here forever.

DELETE THIS

This is not your home, don't ask us.

The Japanese division of ADVENT is very weird.

Is it just me or do fun lancer swords apply status effects far more than the arc blade for XCOM?

How kill Vampires in the x-com files?
One undead fucker tanked 8point blank blasts of buckshot and a full mp5 mag

Those are some weak weapons. I haven't fought them, but if you aren't at least packing fire or explosives, I don't see you being able to do shit. My guess is that they have good armor stats, so your low damage weapons are just tickling them. Maybe try with some revolvers/hand canons.

Reminder that the poll for the /xcg/ roster is live

docs.google.com/forms/d/1Jxb3a47wx2QoUcN7G71IByb-2whm9KYCHAcPl4U5Pfo

More info about the team:
implyingrigged.info/wiki//xcg/

Having a double agent or resistance operative doesn't prevent you from getting beginners luck thankfully

No hand bombs available, didn't research the flame thrower since fire in vanilla was pretty ass.
Is the magnum really that much better than the mp5? Because the ufopedia only says 13more damage while a lot less accurate and no autoshot ability.

Oh shutcthecfuck up you cuckold with not self control

>No lewd reaper/skirmisher/templar gear

It's fun to dominate sneks

so i just killed a civilian during my first retaliation mission by accident (he was in the range of remote start)
funny thing is the damage flyover said 1 damage even thought the sectoid took 12
i kill the last advent and that is the end of the mission
no faceless corpse
tl;dr, i killed a faceless still disguised as a civilian with remote start

I hope it died. Bunch of circlejerking weeb faggots.

Anyone got some good snek fanart?

One does not doodle a snek.

>Sharpshooter got fear of heights

Sharpshooters are the most likely to not get hurt and can turn the phobia into an advantage after a perfect mission.

They removed that in the last patch user

>"Removed the ability for soldiers to gain positive traits as part of the AWC post-mission negative trait recovery mechanic"

Can't wait for more traits to get updated

... oh.

I of course knew this, because my game patched! Not like the game of those dirty pirates!

>tickle tickle tickle

Was this picture stretched? The Skyranger seems oddly fat to me for some reason.

So nice.

Coilguns not tied to Mcox when?

>dominate viper on final mission
>binds avatar
>they can't tp away anymore

Yeah, I had a snek cuddlerape an Elite Priest.

8/10, would dominate again.

Spooky squad

Anyway to not get phantom limbed soldiers on the first mission when using mods?
Or is this just the way it is?

I didn't get any even once.
It is all about being lucky.
Although there are some other abominations you can get.

>That one time you have a invisible soldier spawn with only eyes, mouth, a grenade and a rifle

Fire is as a rule very good in x-com mods. Fire can bypass armor and deals panic damage. The 13 damage for the magnum is significant depending on the targets armor, since harder single rounds will do a better job.
>less accurate
I think the magnum is actually more accurate at range with aimed shot than the MP5, could be mismrembering though. I remember the magnum being one of my go to weapons, even when I was equipping guys with AKs and M16s.

And here I was. A newbie to xcom. I thought I was handling tactics pretty good, with a limited number of wounded and 0 deceased (strategics are another story, everything is in panic but meh).
And then come the whale mission.

I'm shit alright.

Newfoundland shits on every newfag. Then it becomes easymode

That's one of the casual filter missions of EW, if you can do that without save scumming you're pretty much set.

they dont call him big sky for nothing

>start new campaign
>get flanked on pretty much every move i make
how do you get worse at game

I'm not sure, how do you even do that?

I'm not sure if it's because I haven't played EW in a while, but the jump from classic to impossible seems insane.

It is.

i dont know, its just like i woke up today and forgot how to think. im genuinely concerned right now. its not even that i do high-risk high-reward moves that go wrong; i actually only realize i made a mistake when its already too late. ive been playing L/I for a while now but only today did i fuck up this hard

pretty much like going from from veteran to legend in 2

>i woke up today and forgot how to think
probably just one of those days. if you still can't play tomorrow then you can start panicing.

I feel that my positioning and actions are right, but I lack firepower. I can't take them down fast enough.

I have a sniper on the roof on the shops afar with an excellent line of sight, 2 heavies, one assault and one medic on the first deck of the boat closing in on the transmitter. One laser rifle on the assault, one laser pistol on the sniper, everything else is standard ballistic.

Just start my first LW comaing, Wish me luck commanders

It is. But vanilla Impossible is only ridiculously difficult early on, if you can manage to scrap by you should be set for mid-game onward.
I actually find the jump from Long War Classic to Impossible to be far less jarring, the only particularly impactful differences are starting funding and early enemy HP (which I find myself doing more damage than I need to kill on Classic anyway).

Good luck comrade

Hope you are ready for magnificence.

I love long war 1/2

o7 comrade
The only thing I'll say is rushing satellites is even more important than vanilla.

You mean less right? You can spam satellites in vanilla risk free, but you need to maintain an air force to defend your sats in LW and that's costly.

Shotguns are your friends. Also grenades.

I'd argue securing your Continent bonus (especially if you're in NA) is 100% the first Strategic goal you should focus on. You should be selling the majority of resources you get early on (excluding what you need for research) to buy Interceptors, saving it is such a minor impact on the huge costs of late game tech and items.

Ok, but securing your continent does not equal "satellite spam is more important than vanilla" at all.

You should be expanding into a 2nd continent by May.

And?

Thats still pretty rushy. Its not as fast as vanilla but its far more important because it allows you cockblock the aliens out of resources, forcing them to take pretty shitty UFO missions by mid-game (where you're liable to have 2 landed Transports a month because they don't have the resources to put in an uncovered country, or if you rushed correctly the entire globe excluding the Alien Base is covered)

Я гoтoв cтpaдaть
Ok, so I chose France first, witch councils missions. I think if I have more Engeneers and Scinteest revord I gonna be OK, right ? And also I see this guy called JoINrbs, He says that scauts are extremly usefull. If it so, how should I build them, and what items should I use on them ?

>still on balistics

Ayys are going to tear you a new one if you don't go full lasers soon.

>play long war 1.0
>brutal is too easy
>impossible is too hard
Why is life such suffering.

>get contact to new continent
>map stuck on showing the new chosen
>restart campaign
>happens again
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But the jump from Brutal to Impossible is so minor

Brutal to impossible is nothing

You'll need both engineers and scientists. France is definitely a very strong starting county with the extra council requests bonus.
Early game, scouts are for allowing your squad to advance and mostly utility. There's mulitple builds you can do for them, but I'd say the most reliable ones focus on utility and survival.
Holo-targetting, low profile, and battle scanners are all good choices for a utility scout. Then you can take concealment, sprinters, and extra conditioning.
For items, vests are a good idea to survive in case they get hit while running overwatch. Unless it's a big open map (and even then) shotguns are a reliable choice for scouts since they are in the front lines and are mobile enough to get close.

France with the extra council requests is one of the best starts, good choice. Research Alien Computers as soon as possible to get the most out of it.
Theres 2 roles scouts can fill, a fast frontliner that leads the way with high Defense and a Shotgun or a fast backline/center of the squad marksman.

That's odd, my impossible run has been incredibly punishing but maybe it was due to me fucking up strategy layer a whole lot and aliens had like 5 bases at worst point of the campaign and alien bases had pods of 6 muton elites, alien research was just off the scale.

On the other hand on brutal run I only lost 2 rookies and 1 lcpl scout the entire campaign, steamrolled the entire thing without ever looking bad, just about the only challenging mission I've had was activating command pod on turn 1 on a trapped large landed with over 50 enemies.

I finally got XCOM 2 now. Any tacticool mods you'd recommend?

I made it through. Pulled everyone (icl.. sniper) on top deck, wasted everything that came at me and sent a runner.

>Adjacency bonus applies to rooms above and below each other.
It's my third playthrough. How the hell have I not realised this?

>Aliens had FIVE bases
Yeah m8 you fucked up somewhere pretty hard strategically.

Do you have WotC? I need to know before I start listing out mods to you.

Yes and all other DLC, too.

>Capnbubs Accessories
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123427895

>Skirmisher Helmet Mod
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127668460

>Warden Gear
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892409062

>XCOM EU/EW Ports: Tier 1, 2, and 3 Helmets and Armour
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124143474
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124524679
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125421345

>Expanded Callsigns and Nicknames
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129464749

>CoD4: MWR SAS Uniforms
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127441224

>Battlefield 4 Helmets & Armour
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127988223

>MGSV: Marines BDU Pack
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1126581672

>R6 Siege Armours
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127869947

>MW Armour Pack
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127217531

>Fallout New Vegas: Riot Gear Armors

>Resistance Firearms
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132820861
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132835147

>Titanfall Gear
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123758226

>MGSV:GZ MSF Headgear
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1134627944

>Unrestricted Customization
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1135440846

>SECTION 9: SAITO PACK
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1142468745

>Titanfall - Female IMC Marksman
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167122902

>SECTION 9: MOTOKO PACK
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172570913

>Military Camouflage Patterns
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136018138&searchtext=Military

Thats all the tacticool stuff I can think of, if you want QoL mods let me know as well.

Thanks. Was the weapon pack that was in development and teased here often ever officially released? I remember Beagle beta tested it on stream during WotC release.

Thats the Resistance Firearms.

Great.

Nice list.

Anyone got some WOTC classes mods.

>No Stenchfury gear
for shame

He asked for "tacticool", Stenchfury isn't very tacticool, more of a power armor thing.

I'd say it is tacticool for the tier of armor it is.

The modular helmets/masks fit a variety of the tactical gear and stand pretty well on their own

For some reason my game keeps crashing on the first mission month 2 and I can't fucking fix it.

Firaxis is a good developer who doesn't afraid of anything. Especially bugs;that's why they aren't fixed.

maybe mods? never had that

None of the mods I've installed have anything to do with mission types or the like they're all class/cosmetic and worked fine through month 1. I'm at a loss.

Bump for lmao justice.

Did you try regenerating the mission? Not going back to the strategic screen and loading into the mission, but reloading to a save before the mission spawned and letting another one generate?

It crashes immediately once I load into the skyranger but it's done it for UFO landings and now Guerilla ops so it doesn't seem to be tied to the actual mission map or type.

>UFO landings
>Month 2
You sure you're not running mods? UFO landings don't become an eligible supply raid type mission until the first avenger defense.

ohhh I didn't even know half of these existed. Thanks, user.

I am running mods, but I've deactivated all of the ones I downloaded since the problem started and I'm still getting it.

Here's what you can try in order

>verifying files through steam
>deleting config folder in documents
>unequipping all items from soldiers and sending out 1 on the mission to see if it crashes
>skipping the mission and seeing if future missions crash
>doing the standard disable half mods to diagnose any problem mod