/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1031- Boom Thanksgiving Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ho9-svb9QE
youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I do hope you've got those 999,999,999,999 Mushroom Kingdom Coins ready, for I have won the bet!

Jokes on you, Mushroom Kingdom Coins have no value in the real world

*early posting*

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Why do people like Mecha Sonic so much? He's just a dumber, bulkier, slower, weaker version of Metal Sonic.

... damn, I completely forgot about that.

t. Metal Sonic

You know exactly why everyone loves him.

Because of his design and his portrayal in Super Mario Bros. Z?

Exactly. I'm pretty sure no one cared about him until then.

I like variety in my metal mooks. Not like the metal series will amount to anything decent anyway.

I would love to see kingdom valley again just for the music alone

woops i meant

The second strike. Give even those cases, if you hide the video from the search. In general, those who did not have time to listen, there is always Google Drive: https: //drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TWNk785wqOaG9tM1lnckFOWk0/view

This is Sonic & The Secret Rings, say something nice about it

I don't think I will.

it has good art direction

Music was good as usual, and Darkspine Sonic was kind of a neat departure from Super Sonic even if a bit edgy.

Cute girls also this was pretty neat more pseudo-magical form.

It had a very memorable menu theme.

Erazor is my favourite non-Eggman villain. I liked Shahra too. Even better when you realise she's voiced by Blaze's VA at the time

>They got the London Symphony Orchestra to do music for Forces
>Final boss didn't even had orchestra music

What the fuck Sonic Team

Forces seriously looks like they put too much effort in the wrong places.

you need to beat the Shadow DLC to get the true ending and bossfight

This post from the last thread said it best:

>Yeah, I think Forces is contained a bit too many good concepts. This was something I was worried about before it came out, that there were so many good concepts that it would take 2 games at least to all flesh out. Ultimately I do think that a lot of things were underutilized, but they used them in a better way than I expected, so I'm still happy with what we got. I hope that the last prequel comic, the Shadow DLC, and maybe a Forces adaption in the IDW comic can help resolve this underutilization somewhat.

Too many ideas, not enough time or focus being given to flesh everything out.

>locking shit that should be in the base game behind day one dlc
It's so retarded I can't put it past ST and Sega to do something like that.

Gotta avoid spoilers

*zzz*

Posting sleeping smol Sonic before sleep

I think Aaron also said it's best to beat the game first and then play the DLC. Backs up that theory if it's true.

I've been avoiding spoilers, but are you telling me the last boss fight isn't an orchestrated version of Fist Bump? FUCK

Sonic is lame.

Has anyone played Forces yet? How was it?

Still really on the fence about it.

Do you think Sonic smells good?

>Too many ideas, not enough time or focus being given to flesh everything out.

I think you are looking about this from the wrong perspective. Usually in sonic games your right.

I think this is a different problem, this was supposed to be another video game. And its not that game and/or couldn't be, this is the cobbeled together leftovers of that video game

I think who's on the development team of this game speaks to that.

The racing stripes make him go faster, I love the idea.
That's why Shadow has flame decals on his bike.

>it's a "Sonic Team fucks up and has to piece together a game" episode
fuck not this shit again who was at fault this time?

They quite literally have barely any value in the Beanbean Kingdom either.
The Mushroom Kingdom may actually be an over-inflated poor place.

He looks cool. He's not just Sonic but as a robot, he's like a mix of Sonic and a T-800.

He did more in his first appearance than Metal did in his.

He can go Super.

the value changes over the course of the game, too
at the start, 100 mushroom kingdom coins are worth 10 beanbean coins, and much later on, the over 900 billion coins the prince bet ends up being worth, I think 10 beanbean coins again.

>he can manipulate lightning. That is what you're up against.
Aw, shit, you're right, maybe he is too much for me after all.

the new trailer is pretty cool

bless translationanon

Probably smells like chili and roll on deodorant

After playing Shadow DLC it better open up the final ending ala SA2

This. In 3&K Mecha comes out of nowhere and tries to fight you three times then goes super to fight Knuckles. He always came off as more intimidating than Metal Sonic who just appears to steal Amy and challenge you to a race. Honestly disappointed Metal took off and not Mecha

I feel like the idea of a dick robot challenging you to a race is wholly unique. It was a robot trying to outdo Sanic at his own thing. Not to mention there would just be random holograms of him bullying animals, whatta dick.

Mecha Sonic I always just saw as a boss fight, a cool one but he was just a persistent robot to get rid of. Still pretty great design though, i'd like to see him come back.

Eh, everyone Problably

Sonic team probably had an idea super expensive ( the avatar thing ) that sega didn't actually want to spend all the money on. Because Sonic team doesn't really think things out all the time, so trusting them with handling what would be a games as a service model would be super weird.Because failures.

So then they had to like reuse assets , to make a game out of game that wasn't going to be made, so they hired a bunch of 3rd party folks, got the lost world guy to do it, and just kinda dipped out. Using the left overs of the game as testing ground " how do you feel about this". And if there's any particuarly strong response to anything, it will be taken note of in the future.

sometimes its not some evil bad guy who ruined a game

Sometimes its just business.

I get why he became more popular I just don't get why they both just can't coexist. Like Metal Sonic is just some asshole while Mecha is a terminator. Two different robots with two different mindsets

Probably just smells like sweat.

The little blue faggot reeks of fear after having met with me.

Sonic should hug Infinite.

Ah, good morning, time to continue tagging. No new requests done, have Sage instead

I know now what to draw for "some Sticks" request

Tell me it's not a photoshop an such cuteness really exists in our world

It hurts that there's no continuation and no one will make one

So let's say in a game/the IDW comic, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and maybe Silver Sonic are recurring characters with about the same level of complexity as reboot-Metal from the Archie comic. How would you distinguish them?

Post best masked man

Have some scrambled eggman.

>with about the same level of complexity as reboot-Metal from the Archie comic
I wouldn't because fuck that noise. Metal himself can be the generic voiceless evil robot because Sega won't let him be anything else. No reason to bring the rest back except to do more with them. Same with Metal 3.0

Infinite, I love you but you're the biggest waste of potential sonic team has ever created

youtube.com/watch?v=7ho9-svb9QE

I don't know, he never lost his personality in Sonic Heroes and he seemed to still have it in Sonic Riders. It's just that they dropped him in favor of time remnants and illusions like they dropped most of the supporting cast.

This is pretty much all he's good for now.

That's real fucking neato user, too bad absolutely none of that is from the post-reboot comic which is what the question asked. Post-reboot he was just a generic voiceless jobberbot because that's what Ian was mandated to do with him. No point having three or more separate robots with the same "complexity."

I don't really agree with that, while he was definitely understated he was far from generic, like for someone who barely has a face they were able to make him pretty expressive.

HELP

He had exactly two expressions ever, which was "generic anger" and "generic surprise"

that's a really overly complicated oc design.

sonikku!!

her design is rather simple compared to other ocs. only some minor tweaking would be needed to make her work as a sonic character

take away 2 of the 4 different accessories, make them color consistent, give her a lsimpler hairstyle and stick to one kind of fur marking and it'd look better. Also having the body all a skin tone looks pretty bad, especially considering the clothing is also a dark color.

>take away 2 of the 4 different accessories
>make them color consistent
remove one set of the bracelets and change the waist sash to a different color. the single anklet and moon amulet are fine.

>simpler hairstyle
I agree. remove either the single bang in the center or the rest of the hair covering her face. the black tips can stay

>stick to one kind of fur marking
yeah the dots need to go

>having the body all a skin tone looks pretty bad, especially considering the clothing is also a dark color
the artist can just change the dress color. nothing wrong with the dark skin or full body skin color

I’m sorry anons, I’m afraid he can’t go FAST anymore.

It lives up to its breed’s history of chasing rats

Not sure what's going on with the cheeks, and it seems a bit weird to have a clearly defined muzzle but have a stripe of fur of identical color frame it at the corners. Aside from that it's pretty good.

>tell my family I went fast.jpg

jesus fucking christ that design is an assault on the senses.

Thanks, Mr. Trumpet.

not everyone has good design sensibilities

Sonic Mania's success + Sonic Forces' success + the Sonic Movie's success = ?????

I had a dream that Sonic and Team Dark were fighting Infinite. Sonic asked Shadow what Infinite's abilities were, Shadow then listed off a bunch attack names like... uh... "Infinite Shadow", "Lost Illusion" or whatever (can't really remember), and others, and then Shadow explained that he fought 8 battles with Infinite. (How, though, if Episode Shadow is only 3 stages? Literally my thoughts during the dream)

Other stuff happened, but I can't really remember.

>the Sonic Movie's success

your picture summed it up already. sonic team don't want to make classic games and 3d sonic is as iffy in quality as always. nothing will change until something at sega changes

> hahaha, im laugh at u!

Maybe this movie will be shit for (You), but if normies and kids will love it, then it will be successful.

>...normies and kids will love it

Normies fucking hate Sonic. We're labeled with like Bronies and FNAF fans and last I checked the pony movie bombed and the FNAF movie never got past concept.

Yes, you're too stupid for smart replies, I got it already.

>Y-you're dumb
Sorry Mr.Director of the Sonic movie but I have zero faith that the Sonic movie has any chance at success. I apologize if that bothers you so.

Shahra was a cutie pie.

That's what happens when the Sonic, DBZ and Naruto fanbases overlap.

Slow...

Would you wear this /sthg/?

we could talk oc designs again

Those designs look so bland, they don't really stand out from each other.

compare Knuckles' body to Sonic, Tails, and Amy's shoes (and Amy's dress).

Is Penders really selling this?

Does Sonic Chronicles fit this?

Adorable

>Is being Sonic having humble origins?
>The Nocturnus Marauders attacking Angel Island and kidnapping Knuckles sets the plot in motion
>The first two party members are Tails and Amy, so Amy might fit under Magical prowess due to the Tarot card stuff in the game.
>G.U.N. assists Sonic in the game, he is even invited there by Rouge to meet the Commander before saving knuckles
>Sonic has to visit the homeworlds of the Voxai, Zoah, Kron, and N'rrgal once in the Twilight cage to gain their support of them to save the world from the Nocturnus
>The Nocturnus try to thwart Sonic's mission
>There is no dream sequence
>Sonic discovers the ancient ruins of the Nocturnus civilization in the Twilight Cage

Yeah, Bioware are hacks.