/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

*BTUM**BTUM**BTUM**BTUM**BTUM* NWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE edition

Crushed and digested on the way to Oeden Chapel: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

first for fuck paarl

Sucy, I have geared up for bolt resist at the cost of fashion. You might survive explosions if you do it as well.

Try playing unlocked wen you are close to him, that means you can sprint or just roll away for explosions.

Muh fashion...

>So what you’re suggesting would look like this:
>Chalice 1:
>-Beckoner with Corruption rune
>-Cooperator
>-Cooperator
>Chalice 2:
>-Beckoner with Corruption rune
>-Cooperator
>-Cooperator
>And then have 2-4 anons ring their small resonant bells with the Radiance rune equipped.

Kind of, I was more thinking

Chalice 1
- Vileblood Host

Chalice 2
- Executioner Host

Bunch of cooperators wearing either Rune depending on thier alligence (preferably 50:50 ratio) as well as people ringing Sinister bells.

Basically it would be a race to write Layer Reports.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Chalice racing. I’ll be there.

PURGE FILTH

celestial being or pig food? Which is more merciful?

Celestial. They’re alive and at least somewhat coherent. Even if the process is tortuous I’d rather be a blobby thing than pig food.

>oneshot a watcher with a visceral
I came

Alright, I know somebody here wanted to help me with Ithyll pthu, and I have the living string now. I just need to farm some ritual blood and I will be ready.

Let me know when you’re beckoning and with what password

>farm some ritual blood
I hope you're doing the Loran chest thing.
I'll come too, just say the pass.

Friendly reminder that only redditors use guns

Beckoning at the lamp in ihyll layer one.
Pass is bbg

Damn, he caught my roll.

Are you still there?

Yes, I'm ringing

Uhhhhh, Gentle, where are you

I can see your phantom, why is this shit not working

I'm ringing as hard as I can
Go without me, I'll wait at the next layer

He might be SRRCing in, which can take a while. We beat him! Onto layer 2.

Nope, I am at the chalice itself. I don't know what's happening since there were no problems when I was summoned the first time.

My man, this is the build I'm aiming for this time round. Just need to beat that cunt Logarius at Cainhurst now.

>Calling the good Martyr a cunt
How dare you.

He can't even martyr himself properly, he's a cunt

I'm a sucker for community events like this one. Count me in!

I think we should settle a time and a date for this at the very least. It would be good to have who is hosting and their oath rune written down somewhere as well.

Guess that means you’re on team vilebloods for the sinister spelunk today eh

I'd be down to clown.

i wont be online until monday, but i'd gladly participate

I have 600k souls, gonna spend them real quick. They are making me nervous as fuck

>press button
>nothing happens
>die

WOOOOW BUGGED BLOOD MINISTRATION MECHANICS

Today is spelunk day after all. I dont mind doing another on monday but ill be driving for a lot of it. I can host Team VileCuck tm.

t. sucy

Sorry about silencing, I went to level up a bunch with all the souls I was carrying. Are you coming back for the boss?

Might come back to the game but not sure which to do
>Finish start heavy farming on a str character
>Keep pushing to get a skl character past NG+2 into some ridiculously high NG

Yea im ringing on layer 2. Thats where we were right?

We could do a test run today if enough people join and organise one for next Friday in the mean time.

t. ____Me_____

Not him, but give like half an hour cause I just woke up and I will be ready.

It's pretty early in burgerland so enjoy your coffee user because I don't think we meet the minimum nuber requirement to do one right now, methinks.

I'll post a reminder in a few hours and if at least 6-8 people reply and are interested in it we'll go for it.

HBLB went down like a bitch. Easy as fuck.

Why not just do it at the regular spelunk time in about 10.5 hours? That’s always peakish activity time

Wow, people actually liked my idea.

I can only be online in next 5 or so hours, then offline until Tuesday afternoon (probably late Monday night for America).

But by all means do it without me.

Should we start a very rough outline of who's hosting and what Rune they intend to use? Sinister Dungeons can have 5 people, so the host:non host ratio needs to be 1:4. Cooperators/Invaders can swap roles whenever.

t. Executioner Eddy, I don't actually want to host, I want to cooperate with fellow Coneheads and purge Vileblood filth

I think 's suggestion it's pretty valid, plus it's your idea so it's only right you're part of the fun.

I don't really want to host unless I have to (i.e. everyone else also wants to co-op/invade), but my cuckpurger status is non-negotiable.

Also, since I don't think this was mentioned in any previous post, both hosts will use the same password and co-op and invaders will join through SRRC, right?

Finally, maybe we should also have hunter of hunters join the fun and be the ultimate wild card.

I'll add some draft "rules"

- Any level character is allowed, password matchmaking for coop. But bbg 98-117 meta is highly recommended
- must explore entire dungeon, all side areas and attempt to pick up all items/kill all enemies at least once.
- hosts can not enter a boss fight without at least one friendly cooperator
- hosts cannot enter a bossfight if there is a hostile player in the world
- no killing Bell Maidans under any circumstance
- cooperators must use either a Vileblood or Executioner Rune, unless your build ABSOLUTELY demands Milkweed/Beasts Embrace.

i'd say either vilebloods, execs or HoHs, just no confederates

I advance the motion to change rule 6: co-op with corruption/radiance/hunter? runes only. I think the whole point of this is to never know if co-operators are joining as allies or adversaries.

Paarl is one of the easiest bosses in the game.
It's Loran Darkbeast that really fucks you up.

Addendum: sinister bell ringers can use whatever rune thay want.

> Also, since I don't think this was mentioned in any previous post, both hosts will use the same password and co-op and invaders will join through SRRC, right?

Yeah same password for coop, so it's random who'll you'll actually get.

As for SRRC, it depends. If people can speedrun the dungeon I think they should be allowed. I've speed through Layer 1's before to be ringing on Layer 2 before host even arrives, and it practically garuntee's entry, with the advantage of an unexplored layer to hunt them in.

> Finally, maybe we should also have hunter of hunters join the fun and be the ultimate wild card.

Isn't HoH a relatively low %chance? Having one Vileblood host and one Executioner means 50/50 chance of being an adversary. I really have no clue on how HoH works, except it sometimes ruins coop when you least expect it.

Yeah, you are right. I was referring to Loran Darkbeast anyway.

Ringing from within the dungeon is going to split co-op whenever one host gets one layer ahead of the other one though. I dunno, I'm open to suggestions on this one.

I'm no expert on how well the hunter rune works either, but it wouldn't hurt to have at least one co-operator memorise it as see how it turns out.

Radiance/corruption purple invasion is not guaranteed either, I have helped some cuck user here go through story chalices and it only worked half of the time.

>Cooperators/Invaders can swap roles whenever.

They won’t really have a choice, all non hosts will be SRRCing or in the chalice using the small resonant bell and the password, and when you ring it you’re rolling for cooperation or invasion.

The problem with sinister bell ringers is that they can end up in one another’s chalice, unless using SRRC? For today’s test run, I think we should try only vilebloods & executioners.

Regarding speedrunning I say we should allow it. It’s a Chalice Race after all, and if it’s too short then we can add the rule that you need to find the big chests in the pre lantern or pre boss and get that audio cue.

Looking for valid but also invalid, so I can webm your fuck-ups, lel hunters to co-op through some NG+.

I'll start ringing down in Forbidden Woods in a few minutes, pass will be ribbon.

Good to be back to /bbg/. I haven't posted here in 6 months.

Is the newfriend who I helped with chalices still Online?
Just woke up

> Regarding speedrunning I say we should allow it. It’s a Chalice Race after all, and if it’s too short then we can add the rule that you need to find the big chests in the pre lantern or pre boss and get that audio cue.

Yeah we don't want actual speedrunning, because hosts could probably clear a layer before anyone even joined if they tried.

The goal is to write comprehensive Layer reports amoungst the chaos. The focus is trying to get a clusterfuck of multiplayer with imbalanced pvp. In a worst case scenario the host could be facing 4 hostile Hunters.

I also thought of a new rule. Hosts have to stay at lantern until at least one person shows up, whether they be friend or foe, then you start the layer.

Still ringing?

I just started.

Then I'm coming.

Hello user, where have you been?

Yes, I'm killing Yharnam right now. Ringing at the lamp, pass is bbg if you are interested.

Ok fair enough. Bit of a hiccup though fecal life has this to say

>While the Corruption rune is equipped, other players with the Radiance rune will be hostile if summoned or when you are summoned by them. When this happens, the summoned player will be purple instead of blue, but will still use up a summon slot meaning the host can summon only one other player and can still be invaded by another player. Purple players are not allied with invading players, and can still attack them. It is possible for two summoned players to be hostile in this manner, denying the host any assistance at all.

Who were you user?
Wew. Won't be able to make it. Did you do Great Isz already?

Are you the guy who just joined?

Been playing alot of other vidya, haven't touched Bloodborne since the last time I posted here.

I didn't

Yes, sorry for running off the cliff.

Nutt I’m not seeing what’s assblasting you, but I guess I should stop using the rosmarinus lol

So you'll not be limited to fuck with the host, you'll kill whoever you want

We can do that since it's needed. Especially for making your first FRC
Gotta kill an optional boss in an optional area. You access it by getting a key from an "unseen village" off a corpse and then ascend Oedon Chapel to where a locked door is at the top

Jesus, the range on that explosion. So much damage too

I don't get you, isn't that the whole point?

Half the players are Vilebloods, half are Executioners, bells are always ringing so you never know if a coop buddy or a hostile invader is going to get summoned.

The fact that purples can attack reds is even funnier.

And it will be 3 max in a chalice...

All of my characters were (and still are) called Emma.

5 if it's a sinister and you include the host

No...

1 host
2 cooperators/rivals (could be 2 friends, 2 foes, 1 of each)
2 proper invaders

So it could be
1 v 2 v 2
or,
2 v 1 v 2
or
3 v 2

It's happening again.

Or 1 v 4

Yeah, I got that. Gotta kill Ebby-chan for it.

How are you getting the third 2 in there though? Sinister bell ringers?

>One of your notes was rated "fine"

Thanks for the help sucy

To add to my previous comment here, purples can only exist via the small resonant bell.

Question: can an executioner host be invaded by another executioner?

Oh alright
Tell me when we're doing Upper Cathedral Ward
I just got done doing morning stuff

Holy shit I'm so bad. Abbhy gets to live today.

> 1v4

Depends how players organise themselves. Purples will always have friendly fire turned on against Reds.

Yeah, sinister Chalices have a bell ringer by default who can summon an invader. Once you get coop the usual bell ringer appears, who can summon another invader.

It's such a shame that BB is capable of 5 players in one world, but the only way to ever see it is Dungeons no one ever has a reason to do.

Well that molotov hurt.

> purples can only exist via Small Bell

Again, that's the point. Getting hostile players into the world without using up Invader slots.

> can Executioner host be invaded by Executioner

Yes, covenant has no effect when using Sinister Bell. Only beckoning/resonant.

>5 players
Wait, what? Host, two coops, invader. Who could the fifth be?

another invader

Host, 2 co-op, 2 invaders
It's possible. It's how we get 2v2s set up

I had absolutely no idea you could have two invaders, goddamn.

It's a sinister chalice, my dude. Up to two invaders, assuming the host has either gotten a cooperator or rang and blanked his sinister bell.

K so sorry im slow at picking this shit up ive been awake too long.

So here’s a summary of where we’re at with this:

-Vileblood host who starts exploring the chalice upon seeing “discovered the chime of ...” and needs to write a layer report so the sinister bell ringers can keep up (or maybe try to slow down whoever’s ahead)
-Executioner host ”””
-2 vileblood cooperators/invaders who have the same password as everyone else and are using SRRC or have the chalice cleared beforehand
-2 executioner cooperators/invaders ”””
-4 sinister bell ringers who have the chalice cleared beforehand and keep up with the layer reports

Rules:
- Any level character is allowed, password matchmaking for coop. But bbg 98-117 meta is highly recommended
- must explore any pre or post lamps and get the audio cue that you have got the big treasure of the area
- hosts can not enter a boss fight without at least one friendly cooperator
- hosts cannot enter a bossfight if there is a hostile player in the world
- no killing Bell Maidans under any circumstance
- Cooperators who have explored the whole chalice beforehand should not give the host hints on where to go

looks like a royal shitshow matey
ahoy

You coming along for burgerworth, Emma?

Still here newfriend?