/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Whoops, We Died Again Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
Streams are usually on twitch, evening US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases there via guardlytheguard, lawfuldickish, and toodamnsmug, or their corresponding youtube channels.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Congrats on the Inferno Cop remake winning the contest!
Latest server poll results

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xflMMATxEhrrAtYmluO_0T2Z6QcImPq-RDPsCQdUhdk/edit#heading=h.evpxagqusloj
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7DtRiyFPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, I forgot to post the link to the pastebin, so I'll just paste them here:

Remove Rise 22 Yes 32 No (41%) Status: Failed
Remove Inferno Cop 13 yes 41 No (24%) Status: Failed
Add Scrum Debate 36 Yes 18 No (66%) Status: Passed
Add Kokichi Oma 34 Yes 18 No (65%) Status: Passed
Add Jin Kisaragi 16 Yes 32 No (33%) Status: Failed

Name a bigger meme than >final bossing as lead DA

That's not a real thing

>he doesn't know

You underestimate the power of bullshit.

Literally 2 days ago

>Add Kokichi Oma Status: Passed
What's the number of Dangit again?Either way, Oma can be a good addition, and honestly, I don't think there much better choice from DRv3. Maybe the Detective and Robot who are unique but that's it. I don't even think we need more Dangit, but we really fucked up their representation with the DR2 wankfest when V3 char a miles better.

Proofs?

It happened mate.

docs.google.com/document/d/1xflMMATxEhrrAtYmluO_0T2Z6QcImPq-RDPsCQdUhdk/edit#heading=h.evpxagqusloj

The fuck did I just read? Looks like some Yugioh shit.

Can I get a tl;dr on this?

Post cast pics

All Adachi case when?

4thena case when

Reminder that this is canon Athena.

Delete this.

Basically a murder trial then, everyone killing each other.

Do what that other user said, but then post it again

>that case in area 1
God the memes.

post em

Soon™

>QualityQuill witness in Area 3
this should be entertaining

We should poll again into the server Qualityquill. Why he got removed?

Also bring back Paper Barok too.

We've tried but QQ has been veto'd twice since he was removed without a poll because we had a better blackquill existing in the same folder.

I want to wear her thighs like earmuffs

>Verin

>Names

>needing pussy in order to win

Looks like Greg blasted off again after consuming LSD.

F

Has there been cases where the defense turns on the defendant ALA Matt Enguarde?

Yes but I've only seen it happen a couple times in AAIs pulled off successfully, otherwise it's just been defense giving up or shitposting.

I hate Verin.

20-0

more

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7DtRiyFPo

>Recording cases with Verin in them.
Disgusting, LawfulDickish.

There's not enough good older Maya, or even Maya in general.

How does he do it, lads?

Be being a piece of shit who walls the defense no matter how hard people try to cuck him.
A blight on the server and everyone he meets.

Everytime I see him play the judges are too lenient with his yelling desu.
That's not what a "manny friendly" judge should do.
Or at least not when it's for several minutes of just repeating the same thing over and over.

>the t . b . h filter is still a thing
But why?

To be fair, I have seen his cases.
And those same lenient judges give the defense chance after chance after chance only for them to squander it and buckle to his banter.

I've seen his Manfred cases too. He makes good points or at least good enough rebuttals so the judges end agreeing with him for this but they leave him bantz the defense to death.
I'm not going to blame Verin for the defense having a thin skin but I still think he should tone it down.

>implying the defense deserves to win if they can't argue shit and get carried the entire time
Stay mad, cuck. Verin makes the defense actually try to win.

Yes, but people tell him that others don't have to tone it down, and that this is not a hugbox.
Why should he have to tone down the scathing banter when he normally makes an effort to tell the defense it's all in character.
I see that alot with him, where actions other people do commonly only becomes a problem when he does it... Might it be because of how well known he is?

I only experienced it once and it was after the culprit outed themselves.
Fun double Indictment though.

>defense having a thin skin
But the defense is bullied all the time in AA, it's literally a running gag in the series.

Are you winning, /aog/?
Tell me about your last case.

I only have that problem with his Manfred.
The only other people who bantz and guiltyfag as hard as he does when he is playing Manfred has been called out for it.
Verin is shitted on a lot just for being Verin but that doesn't mean that that's the only reason every single time.

Nothing wrong with having thin skin IC but I was talking about players who give up on the case because they were bantz'd too hard.

Because calling a Manfred Von Karma out for guiltyfagging is like calling an Alba out for walling.
It's in their character to make the trial/investigation as hard as they possibly can.
I mean, I don't think he is doing anything particularly wrong here, All he does is keep a win/loss for his Manfred plays, and fights tooth and nail so the defense has to either step up or fail. He shows what the contras are normally after the guilty is given, it's not like he walls up intended contras most of the time.
What is your issue with banter?

His bantz and yelling just seem non-stop as soon as a point is brought up.

Manfred was super arrogant though and allowed Phoenix to fuck around, even allowed him to call a fucking bird to the stand, which ended in his downfall.

Because, he is using the very simple tactic of belittling your points and inflating his points up to be the truth, using the evidence as his backing.
In that case, you need to find the most solid objection you can put your hands on, and blow its importance up so that you can belittle his rebuttals.
I can't believe it works so well and so often with him, it's like he really channels Von Karma and intimidates the judge into just being wrapped around his finger. Without fail.

A fucking retard mod beat Verin several times, what's your excuse?

This, a million times this.
He has lost to both Bro and Gina.
His wall is not unstoppable, it's just hard to climb over, and he will make every attempt he can to knock you back down to the bottom.
To be honest however, when someone is able to keep up with him and counter all of his counters, it makes for some damn fine back and forth rebuttal fights,

My waifu Ginamod is not retarded.

So what exactly is wrong here?

Rebuttals are different from bantz, user.
He wouldn't have won so much without good arguments to go with it.

This reeks of verdictfagging, irregardless of being "in character "

Friendly reminder that irregardless is not a word.

Irregardless of what you think, the fact that it's used and is part of common vernacular means it is a word. That's how language works.

Can't tell if bait.
Have a (You) for your troubles.

You are right.

What is wrong here is that the case was one of the most one-sided case I've ever seen with everything yelling "The defendant did it" without any doubtful evidence. Yet the DA was, in my opinion, able to cast enought problem to get a second witness, but since they asked "Solid proof" and the only thing he had was two testimony and that "Testimony isn't enough evidence" well, he couldn't get a second witness, and Verin only had to repeat the evidence's description to counter the DA's point

I remember the classic part of Ace Attorney where Manfred referenced modern day events like the Ferguson riots. Truly the pinnacle of Manfred RP.

>/ourboy/ Frogpollo got destroyed by Verin

I-Is Verin now /ourboy/?

That's a shame

Can't believe Rise isn't dead.

Best girls never die.

What is this and why should I care?

I mean it says it all in the OP, but this is virtual lawyer simulator inspired by Ace Attorney. You should care if you'd like to play like a real trial from Ace Attorney, it's good fun.

How do you end tasty stuff as judge,do you press the button again in the end?

Shut the fuck up Chrom.

The contra was the killer left wearing a hat, but the mans hat was found under the bed in the room, obviously setting up a third man.
He did not even try to follow that route and when Verin bluffed that he might as well indict wit 1, the madman went for it.
Stop trying to blame him for your fuckups ,Frogpollo.

He may very well be.

It's like someone got told to prosecute a case as Manfred and only had one minute to read a dossier of his personality, and then they forgot most of the details.

>A prosecutor who has never lost a case
>Not playing the character as a smug jobber who fucks themselves up us wrong.
>Verin is playing the character in his own way, people are entertained by it.
I vaguely remember people telling him that putting a spin on a character is ok, and when he does, suddenly everybody wants him to be canon von karma.
The hypocrisy here is so goddamn real i can't stop laughing.

The evidence did not really help. Aside of the hat, Chrom raised a good point for fingerprints that could've ended with...
>Gloves

>Talking about w/l ratio on fucking AOV
Wew,I'm a platinum Apollo player,I'll fuck you up mate!