College

How many of you sad saps went to college and dearly regret it?

In other words, how many of you want to commit suicide?

I do. Got a worthless degree and now I'm doing something completely different, combining it with investments to make a good living. Fortunately I never had to pay for my degree due to scholarships.

>How many of you sad saps went to college and dearly regret it?
Fell for the STEM meme. Now endlessly jumping through one failed customer service role to another because no ones hiring full time workers.

>In other words, how many of you want to commit suicide?

At this point I don't even care anymore. I don't even look at the traffic lights when I'm crossing the road.

I fell for the STEM meme as well. After a couple years of searching, I'm lucky to have found a full-time job. I can't imagine what the future has in store for us if the hoards of graduating students can't find a decent job.

if STEM is a meme is it even worth going to college?

is statistics a meme, everyone says statistics so i think it can become a meme

I don't. Went to community college and got an associates degree. This allowed me to get a half ride to state school. I then simply paid off the rest of state school with the money I saved from working in high school and community college. Then, because I got a 3.9 at state school, I then got a full ride for my masters.

I ended up graduating with no debt and a masters. Pretty good, I'd say. People slam on CC, but, honestly, I feel like the professors were better there and not just some armchair academic. They actually had years of experience in their field.

I would say the biggest "cost" of college though is NOT money but opportunity cost. I feel as if I could have learned all this shit I know in my spare time or could have joined the military, or a million other options.

Instead, I spent 30 hours on campus a week.

I went to college and it landed me a 75k salary job fresh out of it, 3 months ago. That being said, while actually in college I did hate it. The stress was overwhelming for me. I studied mathematics. No I don't think STEM is a meme or anything, you just have to have a career in mind before you choose your major and do everything you can to learn about that career.

Also I went to an Ivy League school so what do I know about other colleges. I still fucking hated it for a number of reasons. But it did its job in getting me a nice job I couldn't have gotten otherwise, I guess.

Unfortunately you don't have a choice because most employers these days require you have atleast a degree in something before they will even process your application.

Extremely competitive to get in. Either you get a comfy data analyst role or you go into teaching.

I dropped out twice. Had a good time.

Talking with 3 bros atm. We all may go back for a semester and just dick off. I am married but ima pay 600 bucks to go and legit fuck around.

Maybe anually just for conversation starter.

"I dropped out of community college 16 times"

Fucking hell m8. Never understood suicide until i almost ate a shotgun. Couldnt even be arsed to live stream even though i always figured i would.

Crashed my truck and was more mad i didn't fly out and die then i was that i crashed.

I don't understand. Are you saying its hard or its easy to get a data analyst job?

I'm doing alright, but studying Political Science probably wasn't the best path.

>joined the military
>Went to school in the military for free
> Nearly finished associate's in the military, all for free
>Did 5 years and got out
>Dat sweet, sweet GI bill.
>Working on free bachelor's degree and enjoy the monthly stipend they give you for going to school.

Best financial decision I've ever made!

Oh BTW they also trained me in a job with a civilian sector certificate that generally nets 45-50k a year. They payed for the test of course and I passed. I have to renew my cert again soon, and I think they pay for that too.

How much of a problem is it to be socially awkward if you join the military? Do people generally get by ok if they have low to moderate manifestations of what Veeky Forums calls autism?

It can work out well for socially awkward people. There are strict rules to conduct yourself by and you know how to treat people based on their rank. Get ins have now if you want to go.

*In shape

Pretty much mirror this myself. My degree is unrelated to my profession, but I would not have gotten into my professional industry without a bachelors. My promotions after that are my performance and work solely.

The degree speciality is more and more irrelevant unless you are doing a skilled business or medical trade. More important is really just proving you have the ability to commit and perform in an academic setting.

My bachelors also granted me access to obtain a MBA which still holds some meaningful value, but again more just proof I can commit to completing something at a higher level. Something many individuals struggle with nowadays.

Still, no denying plenty of made individuals without any education. You better just have good drive, ideas, and people schools. Or else you're staying a neet.

I'm surprised at how low that is. Even in Australia where education is 'free' (common misconception) I graduated with about $25,000 debt.

Just the debt isn't a student loan, it's a government program (HELP/HECS) whereby the government pays your tuition and then once you get a job, they take a % of your pay until they're fully repaid.

They adjust the debt for inflation but don't charge any further interest.

Clearly, the retards who graduate with $200,000+ debt are doing it wrong

Got an environmental engineering degree and the budget for hazardous waste cleanup is getting slashed like crazy while the EPA is being gutted to the core. woo.

I have an engineering degree and work as an engineer. No debt either. 6 months experience. I regret university for sure. Taking a trade like industrial electrician or heavy duty mechanic would have been way better

I don't necessarily regret it but I wish I did things differently with regards to it like for example trying to be better socially (no doesn't mean go crazy partying) so I could have more connections because I really don't have much if anything with that so it's hard.