Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Ded Again Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/nether-chest
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2624027-xaeros-world-map-forge-1-12-2-1-12-1-1-12-1-11-2-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do you ever copy the seed of a previous world and start a new playthrough or modpack on it

>tfw GoG backport never

Rarely, if ever

If you play with any biome mod, seeds are useless, and starting somewhere new is half the fun

Did GoG for memevers add anything interesting?

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/nether-chest
Backport when?

>tfw GoG support for Thaumic Horizons so you can have proper monster gril waifus never

New mobs.

So that one Horizon Infusion works on GoG?

I mean, technically the infusions do work. The problem is that when you do a loyalty infusion on a mob, it nukes their AI and replaces it with the wolf AI.

So, if you capture a mob that shoots fireballs or something, and do a loyalty infusion, it won't shoot fireballs anymore. It'll just run up to other mobs and smack them around. Pretty annoying.

That sucks. Could probably edit files and etc to overhaul the loyalty infusion

>when you realize your friend's house is in the way of your building plans so you destroy it and then perfectly rebuild it five blocks away from where it used to be and he never notices

I doubt it's possible to dynamically retain any random mob's AI through the infusion, but you could definitely add explicit support for it. I.E., "If the mob type is , then use this AI. If the mob type is , then use this AI."

Opened an issue up requesting the feature on Hoborific's TH repo. Hopefully he bites.

This sounds rad, if I ever figure out how to multi-layer items and/or link color palettes to template items, I would love to make it a reality
Curious to hear more /mcg/ ideas on this

Hm, it's my personal opinion that such a mod should say away from "unique artifacts". Like, spawning goblets as treasure is fine, but I wouldn't want to find Grimdick's Legendary Chalice of +3 Fire Resistance, y'know? Mods that add those kinds of things tend to not work very well. You can't guarantee that an item only spawns once, and it's really weird and dumb to find five of the same "legendary" item. Plus, modders tend to try to make their "special" items extra special with unique or overpowered enchantments, which tend to be either dumb or unbalanced.

So, it should probably stay a cosmetic mod. Maybe add a random chance at some vanilla enchantments on things like rings, but I wouldn't go any further than that. I'd also steer away from adding special snowflake crafting tables if at all possible. Bloat is bad. Maybe you could break items down into constituent parts. E.g., a gold chalice with diamonds could be broken down into a gold ingot and a diamond. It would jsut give you something to do with the loot if you don't give a shit about hoarding or displaying it.

So, item types:
>chalices/goblets
>coins
>crowns
>ceremonial weapons
>rings
>necklaces/medallions
Any other ideas?

You'd also probably want to have ways to display it. Shelves, pedestals, ring holders, etc. Maybe even an ability to just dump a load of shit into a treasure pile that grows graphically depending on how much shit is in it.

It'd also be nice to have Minetweaker support, so you could add material types. For example, you could specify that you want a potential base material to be platinum, and you'd specify a name, color, a base material ID (in this example, the ID of platinum ingots in your game). And another function for adding accent materials, with basically the same parameters.

>if I ever figure out
No time like the present. Go read through the Tinker's Construct source or something.

Could use a system of block IDs to prevent bloat, have each ring be the same item internally, but given different enchantment/effects and have then ID determine if it's gold or silver or platnium, or has a ruby or emerald or sapphire, the same way wood and leather armor color is stored.

Is there a good mo creatures config floating around anywhere? I like the mod, except for a few ridiculous mobs (eg, ents), but the default spawn rates are waaay too high.

Ideally you'd probably want to do it similar to the way Tinker's Construct handles its tools.

>Tinker's Artificery
Sounds like it would be a neat mod.
I wouldn't mind a mod specific "jeweler's workbench" or something to go with it.

One mod that did something similar, but got little attention, was Atum. It's relics would generate as "dirty" artifacts that you would have to wash (by dropping them in water) to get the clean treasure. These relics were functionally useless, except for a few named ones, which may have contributed to them being mostly ignored

That's something I thought about adding into the post. A sort of archeology system, where it might not be immediately apparent what certain artifacts are.

Dunno though, it seems a little gimmicky and pointless unless you could think of something cool to do with the mechanic. Otherwise it's just busywork.

What anime is this

The yellow color hints towards The Simpsons, but can't say for sure

Using invisible blocks? What mod?

Every month i add a few block to this stack year counter. Soon it will be finished and i have to pick new materials for the next year.
no

Has anyone used Xaeroes World Map?
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2624027-xaeros-world-map-forge-1-12-2-1-12-1-1-12-1-11-2-1

Is it any good?

It's a lot better than Journeymap.
My favorite mapping mod is still Voxelmap though.

What are the differences between Xaeros and Voxelmap?

desu my favorite map/minimap is Antique Atlus.

Xaero's is advertised as being very light, but somehow it doesn't perform too well for me (but even so it's still better than Journeymap). Voxel on the other hand feels perfect for my needs and toaster, but the fact that it's a Liteloader mod means that you'll spend a bit longer loading your modpack.
The best way to see which map mod is the best for you is just experimenting all of them by yourself. Don't forget that Xaero's is split in Minimap and World Map, and that you need both for the full comfy functionality.

Alright
Thanks for the info user

>version of futurepack i have disabled those huge dungeons
goddamn it

Is there a mod that let me extract blood from mobs and use as a power source? Or is there any machine that let me generate power from killing or damaging mobs? Also, any cool mob mod recommendations? I really want to build a secret lab full of caged animals and grotesque creatures.

>Is there a mod that let me extract blood from mobs and use as a power source? Or is there any machine that let me generate power from killing or damaging mobs?
Blood Magic.

There's a Blood Magic mod, though I don't know too much about it

There's Evilcraft too.

I don't know of any mods that add whacky cronenberg monstrosities, unfortunately.

Mob Mash is available for 1.11.2 and 1.12.2, adds a few cryptids and other stuff
By The Gods is available for 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2, adds Great Old Ones though apparently they are dangerous on a realistic level for their setting (as in may irreversibly fuck your world)
Mutated Mobs Mod is 1.12 only, crossbreeds everything e.g. Slime Creeper, Spider Witch
I have not used any of these so no idea if they're any good.

>By The Gods is available for 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2, adds Great Old Ones though apparently they are dangerous on a realistic level for their setting (as in may irreversibly fuck your world)
That sounds fucking rad and it's depressing that we'll never get it on non-meme versions.

Gearing up for the main assault on Menelaus. This time I don't plan to go back for a while, or at least until I can locate a good sized glowtite sand deposit and set up a system to farm the crystals.
I wonder if Wolbas are edible...

I built myself a pirateship.

Stern.

I even blend in with the interior.

do it move?

pls respond

I wish it did ;_;

install ship mod

necromancy lets u build mobs out of other mob parts, if you fancy that for your cages

the blight of this general, in a nutshell

>people making nice things and discussing mods are the blight of the general
Is this bait?

I wish there was a good way to model baths or hot springs. There should be a way to make water look like it's roiling and steaming.

what I saw was
>person posts build
>another person replies with a comment that both ignores the build itself and asks if it does something that it obviously wouldn't do according to the mechanics of the game
>final 2 comments play out

>>another person replies with a comment that both ignores the build itself and asks if it does something that it obviously wouldn't do according to the mechanics of the game
Hello, newfriend.

Hang yourself Vanillashitter

what i saw was
>2 lads having nice bant
>neurotic faggot with a bp of 150/90 barges in and virtue signals on an anonymous board
>higher dimensional meta nigga breaks the inevitable string of similarly formatted replies

Hello again from Menelaus /mcg/
At first I thought it might just be a quirk of local worldgen but now I'm pretty sure the mod author's done something specific because the caves here are INSANE. Look at the goddamn size of this (pic enhanced for visibility)
I love caving anyway so I'm happy as a pig in shit right now

Holy smokes, I love it

Holy shit there are actual lakes down here instead of shitty vanilla paddling pools

What is that purple shit.

looks like some kind of ayylmao root system

E-scanner says it's "huge mycel". JEI has no idea what to do with it. I picked up a couple of blocks out of curiosity. Might just be decorative, idk. Menelaus' thing in general seems to be fungi.

Think I've found what I was looking for

Spongebob

One last pic to spam up the thread with before I head back to the ship to process the glowtite crystals. Menelaus at dawn. Interesting place

Best mods for adding dimensions/planets to 1.7.10?

Advanced Rocketry
Fuck Galacticrap

>Advanced Rocketry
Is the wiki accurate for the 1.7.10 version of the mod? Does the 1.7.10 version actually have space stations? And if I understand it right, AR can load Galacticraft planet packs? That's pretty radical.

1.7.10 AR is exactly the same thing as memever AR, the absolute madman dev even updates the mod for both versions at the same time.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet

Is there a Thaumcraft add-on for Advanced Rocketry? Elder Scrolls-style magic space ships sounds like the most incredible shit

this guy here

classic /mcg/ hahaha. I used to post here all the time but I left with all the other normal players who didn't want to talk about engineering/magic/maid mods. Now I like to come back when I'm desperate to talk about minecraft with somebody (can't do reddit, sorry), but every time I do this I see a bunch of silly monkeys all scratching their heads about why the thred is ded. Seeing this behavior time after time has started to tickle my pickle quite a bit, and I can't help but stop to comment and point out exactly why the thred is ded. Stay confused, children.

my house is flooded?? wtf????

Hey /mcg/ how about making a fantasy football team
Veeky Forums League signups are still open so maybe that would drive the ded away for a bit longer

take your ape kneel elsewhere

actually fuck you guys, they're talking about actual minecraft on reddit hahaha

>I left with all the other normal players who didn't want to talk about engineering/magic/maid mods

Nobody cares about your shitty vanilla builds dude.

Don't respond, dipshit. He's either completely braindead, or he's stirring shit to get replies. Either way, you shouldn't respond.

the only shit i'm trying to stir is the stuff sloshing around between your ears

If you want to talk about something other than engineering/magic/maid mods maybe try, y'know, talking about it instead of making a post just to bitch about people liking what you don't like?
Seriously user, show your vanilla builds or whatever it is you've got, worst that'll happen is someone'll idly call you a faggot.

the whole reason I started this shit was in response to another poster doing *exactly what you just suggested*

that's why I don't post builds, I just remind you guys why your thred is ded.

>maid mods
wait what?

thred is dead because people play because they aren't chained to a fucking 3 years old version with no mod updates you fucking faggot go eat a bag dicks

>He doesn't know

oh wait I had that, shit that was pretty long ago actually

enjoy your nothaumcraft faget

also my vanilla builds are PRETTY DOPE thank you very much. I'll come back later to post something, they're not with me at the moment.

No one said or implied that ship user was a faggot.

Looking forward to seeing them user, I'm always interested in nice aesthetic builds

>he's stirring shit to get replies
I don't even get this mentality. How attention deprived must you be to decide to act like a retard to get people to respond to you like you're a retard? Embarrassing yourself for the purpose of making others angry is still embarrassing yourself.

lmao fuck magic

Don't you have some console war threads to post in?

>wizard calling anyone else a faggot
have fun stroking your staff while running around in a dress

well, who is the "new faggot" now, my friend?

don't know maybe if you didn't break your legs to triumphantly write a smug reply you would notice I already said I had that mod once upon a time

I'm on like 1.10.2 my friend

this is getting mixed up, I can't tell who is who sometimes

also idk about breaking my legs, it was pretty easy to post my smug reply

what is breaking my legs is explaining basic shit to a bunch of retards, nothing ever gets done on this board holy shit

what the fuck are you explaining and to whom?

nothing at this point, just popping back in every few minutes to chat with the participants. I believe I made my point a while back.

> decide I want to play MC again
> spend days catching up on the modding scene
> carefully put together a comfy, focused pack to play on
> start getting ideas for bases, factories, etc
> everything's finally ready, and since its the weekend I should have loads of time
> start game
> get bored in two hours
> quit MC for the next three months

Every. fucking. time. I've spent more time this year putting together modpacks than playing them. Seriously what is wrong with me? It's as if I like the idea of playing MC more than actually playing it.