/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Patch 4.11 Notes & Logs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/aee832c2c57456a26f36531c78380e74202d0d75

>Callback Campaign:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/gRv9GMrH

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3IaNrnthS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tfw squeenix stole a mechanic from the lich king fight

>reimi at golden bahamut
>abe still struggles to get to normal bahamut with his party alive
LOL

Xth for brownies

how do I get a hyur bf

Rise up, warriors of the Light!

Check out my new Pokémon!

Sea Wolves or Hellsguard? This is a life or death situation.

oh no, they stole the Light from blizzard too, and warriors

sea wolves

Sea Wolves

Turtlebro, I think your pet lizard has autism.

If anybody has catboy initials don't be afraid to share!

hellsguard if you like pronounceable names

sea wolf if you want to name your character by smashing your face against your keyboard

Post Milla Milla

Danke

Aw man don't take fujo screenshots at my comfy AFK spot.

hellsguard = Sea wolves

I might have to return it if I can find the receipt.

well, don't bring a blacklight there

Your cat gives me impure thoughts when Im in ul'dah.

Sale of all used goods is final.

I saw that turtle on the short bus once!

I love Phil!

I want to hug that turtle

what is shirou?

who is that aura

Why don't you ask him to eb you

crit or dhit for mch?

Shake shake

I'm lost
Uhuh
That turtle already gets enough pets from me!
DH unless you play BRD too, then crit

cringe

>xiv stole something thats been done before
wow on launch was 99% pick-pocketed then by that logic

what 80s music video is this from?

joke
your head

>DH unless you play BRD too, then crit
wouldnt the loss on mch of using crit be bigger than the loss on brd using dhit?

You have no idea how absolutely vital crit is for bard, you might as well not play it if you don't stack as much crit as possible.

i don't think you understand how bard works if you think that not stacking crit is somehow less of a loss for it than not stacking direct hit on mch

people are bound to take you seriously when the joke isnt even funny, apply yourself next time.

No, the difference isn't big at all but bard without crit might as well not exist.

How do tank players stay sane in this game? How do you deal with groups that have different, often unreasonable, demands of you?

Example:

>Tank you're going too slow
>Tank you're going too fast
>DPS players that pull mobs before you

>"Tank, pull to the wolves for fucks sake" (healer saying this after pulling everything in the entire room for some reason)

How do you deal with this bullshit on a daily basis?

Can you provide some math supporting this emphasis on crit then?

I've honestly never had people bitch about my tanking.

Never had any bitch at me for tanking. If it gets bad, leave, then they'll have to wait forever for another one.

I drink

No and if you need that, don't even play the job.

youtube.com/watch?v=l3IaNrnthS8

Have you looked at how all your songs work? You know, the main mechanic of your job.

Nice job copying my first roegadame

the fight is about eight years old it's a little late for anyone to be stealing anything from it

>bard
>crit
>math

have you even read your tooltips?

when they ask you to go harder I just pop a cooldown then pull pretty much all the dungeon or too the door. If we survive than good we saved time. If we die then they wont ever talk shit again.
also this, ive only ever had low level healers tell me to pull more cause they could handle it

Do... Do you not know how song work?

DH = more chance of DH
Crit = more chance of crit AND more crit damage
also bard song effects trigger off crits

If you enjoy tanking you'll enjoy doing it slowly and quickly while adapting to the needs and irregularities in a party. Not to say you shouldn't call people out if they do risky things that cause a wipe though.

Straighter Shot will CONSTANTLY proc once you max your gear out with vi crit. I dont think BRD has an emnity dump but it could really use one sometimes

oh no it's retarded

..wat
Straigher Shot procs have nothing to do with stats.

you know it's a base 20% chance
right?

what even is this post

I am actually being serious, but can you stop giving shitty advices to people when you have no fucking basic understanding of this game?

The mp/tp restoring role actions dump enmity and straighter shot has nothing to do with crit.

they probably meant pitch perfect

Starting to think he does it on purpose, like the other day when he said the Makai healer pants = spats

What the heck it doesnt? Sometimes I feel the power flowing thinking it was my stats

this guy is just being misunderstood. we know what you mean but the info is slightly off

Read your fucking tooltips holy shit. Why does no one do this?

straighter shot is a flat 20% proc chance every time you use heavy shot.

crit is for activating repertoire, which is a huge part of bard DPS.

I haven't seen a single game related post made by him actually being right.
He can tripfag if he cares that much about his e-rep, but he should really stop posting embarassing shit like that trying to be on topic.

I think I might do this from now on as well. Granted, I'm still learning tanking, but it annoys me when I get a group with low AoE damage (or its some low tier dungeon like Copperbell Mines) telling me to pull big. What's the point even? It's not going to save us any time.

Playing tank almost feels like being a manager in retail.

I'm laughing so hard right now, pls Val.

>female au ra poster is mentally damaged

this and all other recent news at 11

Does that mean flat 20% or 20% on top of your crit? Because if it's on top of your crit then it's a massive boost considering the diminishing returns on stats.

it's flat 20%

Can you read?

Heh I-I meant this
Didnt notice the tp and mp song do that though

so if you have more than 20% crit you lose crit on heavy shot? what the fuck

what the fuck am i reading

read your motherfucking tooltips, god DAMMIT

I don't think you quite understand. It's a 20% chance of Heavy Shot proccing it. Stats don't come into it

So this is the power of lameness...

Cheers

An outlaw of sorts

>bards in charge of playing the game

Yeah you're right, i'm a moron. Never played bard if that excuses me at all.

>protect mandatory even on farm

YOSHIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

jesus fucking christ are you retarded

one there's no diminishing returns on stats, it just takes a fuckload of stats to get anywhere

straight shot gives you 10% crit while the buff is active, it stacks on top of your normal crit chance

straighter shot is a 20% proc chance that gives you a guaranteed crit on straight shot, or if you're 70, the ability to use refulgent arrow

normies get off of my shitter friendly job

yeah but in the 4 man dungeons you are the only tank so unless the dps wanna tank (which they can do but fuck that) they aren't gonna fuck off on you. If a healer or dps is shitting you by pulling aggro all the time, just let them keep it and pull everything but the stuff they have aggro on (or pull mobs back to a panicking healer, their struggle to stay alive WILL make them have the highest enmity and they will get swarmed for max lols)
Even then if you're new and they are pushing you then they are just dicks

Game master putting Liora haters in their place

>no diminishing returns on stats
Turns out you're right. That's really bizarre design. Guess thats why it took fucking forever for me to notice crit having any effect whatsoever on SCH since the weightings are so damn low.

reimi wouldve cleared everything by now but everyone holds her back

You're the only one to blame

I don't do cutting edge raid content so the metamemes are pointless. If anything SCH has a crutch for bad players since some of your healing is basically automated.

>jp already cleared day one in Df communicating entirely through text macros
Step it up

we're in the first tier of gear so values are at their lowest. when we get the final raid tier and everyone's in i400, crit chances for bards will approach 50% thanks to straight shot.

you could argue there's diminishing returns on stats in that as you level it takes more of a stat to get the same effect but that's not really the same thing. it's honestly just a stupid weight system that wow did going from vanilla to TBC where they converted gear that gave % chances to dodge/block/parry/crit into abstract values that do the same thing at the level for that gear, basically.

i.e. a level 60 would need say, 22 crit chance to get 1% crit, but a 70 would need 50 crit chance to get 1% crit

xiv doesn't do you the kindness of telling you what your stats actually translate to though, people have to do autistic math to find out the actual stat weights.

>xiv doesn't do you the kindness of telling you what your stats actually translate to though, people have to do autistic math to find out the actual stat weights.
and to think I ran away from black desert because of shit like this

actually its just a hellsgaurd version of my sea wolf
i can never decide which one

>subtle double chin
someone paid money for this
I mean besides that it's good art

>do this, its good
>whys it good?
>stop asking questions!!!

if you cant answer my simple question then why even respond?

>If anything SCH has a crutch for bad players since some of your healing is basically automated.
At least you got that right, have a cat.