/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

ASUKA OR ALISA? WHO TO LEARN NEXT?

this is a regional tournament, so double the points i believe

Always remember to play the robot

Finland finna win Paris

So I took a break. Haven't followed Tekken news since fucking bowling got added, do we have any news about future updates or anything?

don't ask for shit xD

ROBUTT
Always pick the robutt

Geese is almost ready and will be playable at TWT so he is likely to be released within this or next month. Michael Murray has hinted on twitter that a big update is in the works with possibly 1 or more new characters we don't know about OR the next year is going to be more accessible to making dlc.

Friendly reminder that if you use Hwoarang then you're a brainlet that should kill himself.

what if I'm a girl

I don't care what you are. If you use him then you should fuck off.

All right, that's cool. I was pretty hyped for Geese, but the Bowling update was, well, to put it lightly, liquid shite. It would be cool if they ramped up the DLC plans.
Yeah I don't think Harada's attitude helps.

>It would be cool if they ramped up the DLC plans.
I'd be surprised if the game got anything beyond what the season pass is offering

It sold really well, didn't it? They'd be stupid not to make more legacy character . I know Harada once said he doesn't want to charge for legacies, but I honestly don't think people would care if they had to pay 5 bucks for Anna or whoever

he's an idiot for ever saying that
now he can't add them because he'd have to have the team work for free
so he circumvents that issue by not adding any at all
brilliant

didn't tag 2 have free DLC characters?

He's gonna piss off fans very soon if he keeps removing so many characters from now on

Reminder Paris Games is this weekend.

Wonder if the Phantom's gonna drop a chandelier on the audience if he loses

So I was that user that was trying to figure out what character to stick with between Kazumi, Master Raven, Asuka, and Gigas. You guys told me to stick with Kazumi, but fuck trying to implement BF+2,1,4 or 1+2 into any of her combos. I just can't do it and it's getting me frustrated because I know you have to use that for everything she does. I don't want to waste my time with her anymore so who do I play next?

nina

>keep getting locked down by jabs and df1's
>too slow to react to the df1s on block that i miss my turn
im not gonna make it boys

Geese was stated to be winter 2017. Don't hold your breath for anything earlier then late December.

The Tekken team has proven to be utterly incompetent in all matters that aren't gameplay related so I'm not holding my breath for anything at this point.

>b,f a hard input
lmaooooooooooooo

Your overreacting. Keep at it for a couple more days and the combos will come easily enough. And compared to a large majority of the cast Kazumi's combos are easy, so your gonna shut yourself off to even more characters if your complaint is combos.

It really isn't that bad. Try Claudio instead.

Is the excecution grind for mishimas worth it at all if you only have a passing interest in the characters? I'd like to play Devil Jin now and then but I'll need to spend hours grinding wavedashes just to play him like twice a week. Are these characters really worth the hassle at all?

Seeing how the promo'd some tourney with Nina black leather suit, and the mobile game has that suit as Nina's default, YET it is still fucking unobtainable in the base game without mods, saying they're utterly incompetent is putting it lightly

yeah if that input is giving you trouble other chars will give you a hard time with some other input
Shaheen probably is the easiest input wise and also has a simpler game plan if you really aren't willing to work out bf commands

if you think they are fun to play it is worth it
if you dont enjoy it you shouldnt bother
at the higher levels its absolutely worth it though, wavedashes can put immense fear into your opponent and being able to launch -14 moves with ewgf is very powerful

wavedashes arent that important though until those higher levels of play imo

if you plan to keep playing Tekken beyond this one then it's nice to get a feel for just frames because they're not only for mishimas
I don't think wavedashing is a minus since it's the bootleg kbd
there's no bad practice but there is more efficient practice

Guess I'll just focus on perfecting my KBD and iWR before delving into mishimas. thanks for the feedback.

>play unranked set to 5 bars only
>be brawler
>see opponent is Genbu
>5 seconds in match goes to 2 bars
>get no round browned and he ki charges every round

Why do people ki charge?

I practice playing on 2p side every day and my KBD is coming along fine. But when does 2p side stop feeling so fucking weird? I play 50% worse on that side for no reason at all, what fucking gives?

>orange rank king
>plays like a slightly less retarded green rank king, constantly trying to chainthrow me
is this some kind of joke?

You mad bro?

no that's just king

>implying orange rank is even good
k

who do you think will win TWT?
who do you want to win TWT?
JDCR
Knee or JimmyJTran

What's the joke there?

your human brain gives

phantom of the opera

hoping for a jimmyj win

qudans

So he's just the lamest character in the roster to fight against? Not only do you need to memorize around 40 differend throw breaks for a single matchup, this bastard can fucking mix them up as well. Don't even get me started on the myriad of moves that put him on the ground for some retarded reason.

get fucked scrub

WHERES MY MAIN HARADA

I started getting it. I just don't understand the timing of some of them

My ultimate wish is that some random Lars player just swoops in and beats everyone

i'd prefer a bear tbqh

>needsmoarcoffee gets placed from europe
>beats everyone
lmao bears

In the dumpster where that nigga belongs

So I want to really pick apart this game to realise what and what isn't launch punishable, what every character's dangerous lows are so I know what to watch out for, etc. How would you expect me to study this stuff?

github.com
/roguelike2d/TekkenBot/pull/58

tekkenbot for in-game learning

appeltaert.
github.io/t7/

frame data bible for looking stuff up

Play. Whenever you encounter shit you haven't seen hit practice mode.

you might be right, this guy had no yomi and didn't learn my super obvious flowchart shit.

The hard way.

Any alisa mains out there? I'm on a hunt for tech, and I'm labbing everything I can. Any cool things anyone know of?
I know about alisa's d+3 tipper and her d/b+2, 2 90 damage combo already, and her flowchart memes.

is there any character moveset difference between tekken 6 on ps3 and psp?

So are all king players frauds that will just try every gimmick in the book and leave when it fails? I haven't played any that didn't do just that

Sorry man I'm not really a lab monkey. I just learn the bare minimum of what I need to know and hit online. I only lab for learning about other characters.

What's he going to announce?

his seppuku I hope

New IdolM@ster costumes

niner moves are different on psp. goes for regular iso and the mod

Le dont ask for shit man says nothing

I want to get my nice customizations for PC again but I can't be bothered to grind a billion treasure battles again

I need 1700 more matches before everything unlocks

Heck it all

use cheat engine

I believe in you, user.

Does that even work? I mean it's not a big deal but I have a GTX 1060 and might as well see Tekken 7 at its fullest with the auras and better effects and all

I basically need to force myself to keep playing because I'm already at orange ranks and just don't care about playing but at the same time I have nothign better to do like wtf

how

p. sure you have to set your # of wins to 2000

Yeah but how. What's the address or whatever to do it.

I keep trying to learn and play cute girl characters but I always go back to somehow having fun playing Jin. Any advice? Or is power really everything?

How do I play Jin?

>So are all king players frauds that will just try every gimmick in the book and leave when it fails?
What gimmicks does King have? Literally one of the most straight-forward and honest characters in the game.

Not that guy but you’re right King doesn’t have gimmicks though he’s unbelievably annoying to fight because he’s a lab character. Hey learn all these breaks now learn them on a 3 bar connection. I like Tekken 7 but it’s asking a fucking lot if I have to learn a mini game for one specific character where the goal post moves depending on how my opponents internet is feeling.

>King doesn’t have gimmicks
>have to learn a mini game for one specific character where the goal post moves depending on how my opponents internet is feeling.

Who does Alisa play?

We might be having a communication issue here. I don’t think that’s a gimmick because grabs have a true mixup. Same way Paul’s 50/50 is a legitimate mixup. I think a gimmick is something that is spammy if you don’t know it and garbage if you do know it. King can still mix his chaingrabs up and it works at super high levels but someone like Chloe loses a lot of her cheesier stuff at high level play. That doesn’t make it less annoying or irritating but it does separate it from just a gimmick, if we’re both using that word to mean the same thing.

>it’s asking a fucking lot if I have to learn a mini game for one specific character where the goal post moves depending on how my opponents internet is feeling.

Just simplify it. See two hands? 1 break. See one hand? 2 break. See him running at you? 1+2.

This will cover 90% of the Kings you ever face because I guarantee you that most people in this thread are never going to face a King who can actually iSW.

*King’s grabs have a true mix up.

>I don’t think that’s a gimmick because grabs have a true mixup.
No they don't. King's grabs can all be visually identified and broken on reaction.

My issue is the chain grabs more than anything else but 1+2 is good advice if he runs at you. I don’t mind grabs but chaingrabs are just plain gross.

You’re right but I still see people getting grabs off in tournaments, Red ranked Kings pulling off chain grabs, etc. it works at a pretty high level.

>I don’t mind grabs but chaingrabs are just plain gross.
Chain grabs are trash. If you get hit by a chain grab, you need to step it up because they all have 50 years of start-up.

Even then, mitigating the high damage branches is relatively easy and half his chain grabs can even be option-select broken.

Lots of good people get hit by chain grabs and they aren’t hand identifiable as to how I break them. He’s a character that you’re SOL against until you just drill his shit out in the lab. This is an ongoing conversation people have about Tekken but I don’t think that’s fun. I’ve played fighting games for awhile and no fighting game I’ve ever played has flat out said “yeah go look this shit up online and figure it out.” Even really dumb stuff like like Zabel pressure or AC Pot could be figured out by playing it and learning as you go. King chain grabs are a big stop sign until you just look up the animations and commit the breaks to memory.

I’m not saying it’s broken or unbeatable or that King needs a nerf but I don’t play fighting games because I have a big old hard on for learning hyper specific matchup knowledge about this one guy and his quick time event.

>Lots of good people get hit by chain grabs and they aren’t hand identifiable as to how I break them.
Even MBC, the master of landing chain throws, lands like 1 in every 15 attempts against his usual opponents and never one of the high-damage throws like RDC or KB.

>King chain grabs are a big stop sign until you just look up the animations and commit the breaks to memory.
Or you could simplify it. If you get hit by a crouch dash chain grab, hit 1 and, if that doesn't work, hit 1+2. Congratulations, you have now mitigated every single high damage options King has out of that chain. 90% of Kings are going to try to RDC you.

If you somehow get hit by a chain throw out of JGS, mash 1 because nobody at green ranks has actually bothered to learn the commands for the cobra clutch/screwdriver chain and mashing it out always leads to 1 breaks.

>MBC

You’re right but that’s in Korea. I’m not arguing chaingrabs are unbeatable, I’m arguing that they’re difficult to beat on PS4 in the US. Lil Majin, Brawlpro and Aris have landed chaingrabs in red ranks. Aris has streamed plenty of King games where he has fucked people up in red and higher with chain grabs. I’m in yellow and it sucks and isn’t fun to play against. Also thank you for the advice I’ll try it next time I’m about King.

*against King

Why are you letting Kings grab you so often?

Jesus fuck, does one character in this game take half a year to make?

Yeah to make sure the character isn't fucking broken on release

It is a little silly especially how almost every fighting game is popping characters out every so often.

Any King players in here want to tell us what you best options are and how to beat them?