/scg/ /edg/ Star Elite: Dangerous Citizen General #224

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/Pzet9vLW

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99uZUZR6b-k
youtube.com/watch?v=6dAvtS4kPac
youtu.be/-2LfQoFbLWg?t=9
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12978-Introducing-Your-RSI-Space-Suit
youtu.be/50Jk-mQ9_pw
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/1532429/#Comment_1532429
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I missed out on the conversation of fleet tactics last thread.

Who wants to pointlessly discuss!

3.0 never ever edition

Probably no one will believe me, but I made the first generally accepted and bump limit reaching combo thread.

latest patch finally added the ability to put cargo into the external box ships but only the Hornet and Aurora CL as there's no function to actually add stor-all crates to auroras yet.

According to the patch the hornet's cargo box only holds 2 units now. I guess they realized a fighter holding more than some actual starter cargo ships was broken, and god forbid they just make the starter cargo ships better.

reminder that we need to work together to purge the scaley manlet Xi'ans

I don't even know what was discussed last thread as I just got here. What did you want to talk about?

You think all the avocadoes are just playing along with a lie? Every single one of them?

And in other news no-one gives a fuck about: Duruk Smort is crazy deluded nigger

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

I made a fuckload of webms last thread and then left. Came back and saw anons talking about fleet tactics or some shit like that, I read the whole reply chain but was unable to post. That's the shit I'm looking forward to in SC but couldn't theorycraft with the other anons.

Got here, made and then the thread dies immediately after.

see

Ok, but I wasn;t there for last thread. So either explain in more detail what you mean so I have some idea what you are on about or repost/link the webms.
I'll gladly theorycraft with you but I'm not willing to go dig through an entire thread just to try and figure out what you want to talk about.

Is there actually any difference between the Nox, Dragonfly and X1? I know the dragonfly can have a passenger but what gimmicks to the other two have.

youtube.com/watch?v=99uZUZR6b-k

Dragonfly is slower, has 2 S1s, and can carry a person or small amount of cargo. There's also some sort of shit about it being "more stable"
Nox is faster and more nimble than the DF,has 2 S1s, but lacks cargo or the 2nd seat.
X1 is faster than the Nox but only has 1 S1 gun. There's also variants of the X1 that forgo the gun for extra speed or for an extra shield unit.

also I'd say the Nox has a far better UI so far, as the DF just has tiny ass little screens that CIG hasn't even managed to fit all the data onto yet.

>There's also some sort of shit about it being "more stable"
It means it'll preform better on rough terrain. The X1 and Nox are not really offroad bikes. DF is like an atv.

Do you have any webms of this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=6dAvtS4kPac

Thanks!

They were talking about their ideal 24 ship squadrons. Didn't get to say it, but if I had 24 slots for some shitty fleet, I'd have 4 separate squadrons of 6 ships each: 1x Vanguard, 2x Super Hornets, 3x Gladius. So a total of 4x Vanguards, 8x Super Hornets, and 12x Gladius.
They'd have a group mission and have a common goal (probably kill x amount of pirates or frontier vanduul who wandered too far) but would operate as 4 separate units, as opposed to everyone in one big group, exceptions being large enemy ships.

The prospects of group missions is what makes me even care about dogfighting in SC. I don't like massive engagements between tons of ships (mainly because I doubt we'll even break 75 player ships per instance) but groups of maybe maximum 10 are the sweet spot for me. I don't like capitals either. Massive waste of money desu

The webms had nothing to do with it.

Speed, protection, and I think one of them doesn't have a weapon. Can't remember which though.

I'll make some right now. Give me about 15 minutes and I'll have the whole video.

I really wish CIG would just acknowledge they took alpha access away from all backers.
ETF shouldn't exist to begin with but if they must then it should be a week minimum. Still can't believe people are happy to be denied access to the alpha content they paid for.

you can blame the goons for using alpha content to actively undermine the game and and misconstrue it to try and prevent people from backing; they've made it so sticking to the promise of alpha access will actually deny them money thanks to the shitbirds at SA. anyway, you can still get into evocati, you just have to work for it.

>They were talking about their ideal 24 ship squadrons.
I assume this is for combat purposes? 1-2 seat fighters? Are all 24 deployed as one into a singular conflict or is this more the compliment of a "carrier group?"

Annual spaceship jpeg trading simulator week is fast approaching, what have you got and what if anything are you planning to pick up/swap for?

3.0 isn't out yet so they're not getting any money from me but I'm looking to make some credit trades, In particular I'm thinking to melt one of my ~$150 ships and use the credit to make the others bigger, possibly picking up an Orion.

>you can blame the goons for using alpha content to actively undermine the game and and misconstrue it to try and prevent people from backing
can you explain the story behind this? I'm not here consistently enough to know what you are referencing
>you can still get into evocati, you just have to work for it
unfortunately, some of us (namely me) don't have the time to attempt this.

24 ships total for a fleet. You make it and give it purpose. Bombers, fighters, 100% buccaneers, it's anything goes, but it has to be 24 ships. Assume all turrets and non-essential crew positions are NPCs.

>
w h y
h
y

>Just have to work for it.
>Paid for as part of the deal at the very beginning, then further widened to everyone later as a gesture of good faith.
>A gesture which they have now reneg'd on.

>It was muh goons.
>Muh goons did this.
Not you cumguzlling shitlicker, Sandi's jewery regarding narrative/image control, Chris's hypersensitivity regarding criticism of a project that's already fucking paid for and Ben/Disco's need to remain important and force people to interact with and feign interest in them did this.
The fucking cult did this, and they continue to enable this. The goons hold ZERO power over SC, NONE AT ALL, the ones making these calls are inside CIG and the cult is enabling them and even fucking praising them for backing out on promises and shutting out people who SPECIFICALLY bought in for early access and transparency, so that they can circle jerk about how special they are.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

Post 'em!

assuming they don't do a price increase on the unreleased variants, I'll probably just get a Lancer Max to Cutlass Blue CCU to sit on if it turns out you can remove the Blue's jail cells.

this, all day. So much play pretend from people who think they are professionals.

is 40k fun?

very dependent on you. You could write a doctoral thesis on whether 40k is fun. Its one of the deepest and most expansive lore setting ever written. Its also batshit insane and completely 100% dark. There is no hope in 40k even the "good" guys are black on black genocidal/omnicidal/world burning monsters. The games are incredibly diverse in both scope, scale, genre and level of "seriousness"

I really love 40k, it's on of my favorite settings.

Shit like this made me not want to even install public test bullshit.

WH40K has a fuck ton of great material that could be used, however gaymes workshop literally doesn't give a shit who they permit to make a (((WH40K))) gayme as long they get shekels out of it
Last decent WH40K title was the original Dawn of War games up till the Necron/Tau expansion
Everything after that is horrid garbage

Space Marine was ok.
like, Not amazing, but it was a solid ork shooting simulator, pity they ruined the MP with DLC shit.

Also, not 40k, but Vermintide was fun.

Left 4 Rats.

Battle Fleet Gothic was decent

Are there any other games like star citizen?
Not in game play but in development status?
Obviously there are tons of titles stuck in alpha he'll, but are there any that have the same sort of worshipping fan base where the most fun they have is dreaming up the scenarios which "will" happen when the game is out?

Not on this scale
Not this deep
Not with this much FIDELITY

There is no game with a fanbase as invested literally and figuratively as SC, no game with the promise of what SC might be. SC is a dream game, both for chris and for the backers, the dreaming up of scenarios is a natural side effect of designing and funding a game in the way that has been done. Only time will tell if it pans out, but ifs Chris delivers on the dream that he wants and promised then all those dreamed up scenarios will be a drop in the ocean of SCs potential.

Simply put no there are not other games like Star Citizen, that is nothing like it at all, there never has been anything like it and if it fails there likely will not be anything else like it again fora very very long time. That's why people are so fanatical about it, both the cultist the detractors and the wishful cynics like myself. It is truly unique, nothing else even comes close to comparison in terms of ambition or potential.

Ok, here's my Fleet 24
>(MISC) Freelancer Dur x4
>(MISC) Reliant Sen Researcher x3
>(MISC) Endeavor x1
>(Anvil) Terrapin x4
>(Anvil) Carrack x2
>(Anvil) Hornet Tracker x2
>(Drake) Buccaneer x6
>(Drake) Herald x2

Tried to maintain a theme, keeping with only a few manufacturers and staying true to a "core mission." Lancers and Pins are the workhorses of the fleet, going out and finding the shit (kind of a cheat, but going to assume some of the lancers have DF in their holds). Carracks follow up on significant finds or high density locations to free up lancers/pins to keep pushing outward. Reliant Sen pursue minor science shit or run relay back to the Endeavor "mothership." Mothership plays homebase to the fleet and is kitted out for science shit. It in turn is guarded by the Buccs. Playing support is the Heralds who run data between the fleet members or back to civilization. Hornet Trackers serve as a sort of early warning/picket defense for the mothership or can be dispatched to small events needing sensors on site. Most of the ships are 1-2 seaters so NPCs should be a minimum. Obviously the carracks and endeavor would be running at limited efficiency under your rules. But, I thought it'd be a fun dynamic to have with your friends. Some can go be loners while still helping. Some can do combat stuff. Some can stay "home" and farm/mine.

This is fun! Already coming up with a new one as I type this. Lemme know what you thought of it?

I don't think there are many games that exist that have as much theorycrafting as SC. I really don't know why. Well, maybe it's the open development and '''endless possibilities''''.

100% this. I couldn't say it better myself.

>There is no game with a fanbase as invested literally and figuratively as SC,
Eh maybe World of Warcraft Blizzard fans are just as fanatical as Citizens. Willing to spend money on pets and mounts even when they have hundreds of each already. Buying expansions after expansions and paying a monthly subscription as well as buying other Blizzard games they won't play just for exclusive ingame items.
The Game Star Citizen is unique but it's fanbase really isn't.

No capital. Weak.

That's... quite a bit of exploration. I was expecting some overoptimistic battle fleet with 4 Idrii, but your thing works too. I also just had the realization that we have almost no clue at all how exploration is going to work in this game aside from "finding le wormholes xD" and science (whatever the fuck they mean by that) has no basis at all. If you had to make one strickly for battle, any kind of battle you choose, what would you make?

>Endeavor

>15 minutes
heh
webmconverter wasn't working

>w h y
>h
>y
I run a midsized org, most of my big ships are really loaners and org resources for my less funded friends, most of them have Auroras, they'll earn early game cash fast with five of them flying one starfarer than each of them soling an Aurora MR.

get fucked

>That's... quite a bit of exploration.
Well, someone has got to do it. How else are you crazy kids gonna have someplace new to duke it out every other week?
>I also just had the realization that we have almost no clue at all how exploration is going to work
Welcome to my fucking world. From the very start Chris said is was going to be important and it was going to be fun. Still got my fingers crossed.
>If you had to make one strickly for battle, any kind of battle you choose, what would you make?
Already in the works, gimme a few more mins

This is a really good shot. Put's the moon into perspective.

Watch it get changed to medical class

Nothings permanent

>Nothings permanent
brilliant revelation ya got there

>being this new
He's LARPing.

This entire build is simply to give a reason for the Prowler to exist because I think its a sweet ass ship.
>(Aegis) Eclipse x5
>(Aegis) Sabre x10
>(Anvil) Hornet Ghost x3
>(Anvil) Crucible x1
>(Esperia) Prowler x4
>(MISC) Starfarer Gemini x1

Straight up stealth attack wing. Most certainly would need to be based out of a carrier group or base of some kind. Should always be the one on the attack in engagements; if they are the ones attacked, something has majorly gone wrong and probably time to bug out. Eclipses make attack runs on targets of value while Sabres (maybe the Raven variant?) screen them from interdictors. Meanwhile the Prowlers can slip in during the chaos to facilitate securing assests or demo reenforced positions. Crucible and Gemini should be off site and are just there to support the wing to its mission site. Really wish there was a fuel ship from someone other than just MISC (preferably Aegis or Anvil) as it really clashes with the others.

At a certain point, you can't really see how tiny that dot - smaller than a pixel, compares to the moon anymore.

>stealth attack wing
It's not so bad of an idea, but 4 prowlers? I don't think it would be capable of defending itself in the heat of battle to 'slip through'. They'd get raped with no remorse.

That's what makes it so nice to see.

fine. drop 1 and add another ghost...which I now realize I forgot to mention are there to guard the prowlers and provide CAS

Almost forgot this ship existed. What are the odds they
>increase length and overall size, which has happened to almost every ship over 30m so far
>create and fit 3 hangar modules on each side to make a defacto 6 fighter carrier option, rather than science and dUdESpeZzWeeD LMAO
>inb4 Idris crying
>has no armor, shit/no defense of its own, can't land by design

Would be interesting to see it used. Idris whales would cry for exclusivity almost instantly.

I could see them adding a hangar module and increasing the size when they realize they can't fit all the shit they initially thought of into the initial concept.
But the weakness in armor and engine would stay. They're easier aspects to balance in the future by changing compatibility sizes.

I doubt it. They seem to have a hard on for limiting possible carrier options. I half suspect that was the reason they nerfed the m50's guns down to snub ship tier, they realized sooner or later they'd accidentally make a ship that could fit a ton of them in.

It already has a hanger module you can add.

Am I the only one who thinks most of this thread is one autist phoneposting to himself?

>Am I the only one
Well, if you are the one thinking it than you must be the phone poster...are you?

Phones are the eyes and ears of the Military-Industrial Complex. I will not help them control the world, ever.

Who's ready to wait another 3-6 months for 3.0?

Im in Evocati, so im playing it now.

Im bored at gym doing my cardio after weights so I can spill the beans on any topic.

K I guess no one has 3.0 questions. Back to watching this thread.

Can't say I care for 3.0 questions when they've shown almost every bit of 3.0 in ATVs and such.

Well they did release a new patch today for Evocati. You think CIG tells you everything huh ;-)

Man I couldn't care less about the fifty changes they've made to afterburner at this point, just want to fly the new Cutlass Black on moons and shit.

I could say give you the directions on how to find the derelect Javelin...

You are thinking too small though with what we are playing that they already showed you.

Ok if you dont want me to tell you anything ill go away.

Back to watching thread.

I keep hoping they'll make a new patch that actually makes AB 2 less stupid.

jesus fuck, how pathetic can you be?

What is the current framerate range for this patch?

They already had a system that worked with PRE/SCM/CRU but they had to go and fuck it up. If cruise was too powerful for escape then give it time to switch to cruise with damage taken resetting that timer.

>Exploration
An absolutely universe critical career I'm pretty certain, basically on a sliding scale of rarity of opportunity and profit starting from lowest:
- Being SWACs and seeing where things are at a glance, without this people are ignorant and blind to what's around them. Remember that few ships can see beyond visual range without the BWAAAAHNG radar blast. Info dealing could make a small amount of cash for nothing.
- Sweeping system for POIs, which will constantly generate and degenerate over time, like EVE online. Unlike EVE, "asteroid belt" isn't automatically dumping you near some ore unless it was VERY RECENTLY mined out, so exploration will find specific rocks QT distance away from anywhere to sell on for a bit more dosh to miners.
Asides from rocks, SOS and rescue missions, finding hidden outposts, salvage sites and so on basically make you emergency services call center operator and tour guide in one. This is more info dealing but overt.
- Finding hidden missions, like puzzle ships as they mentioned a long time ago.
- Finding le wormholes, which are still crazy useful, though questionably profitable if it gets out fast.

>Science
Also absolutely sure this is the process of gathering complete products from player effort to market, as opposed to mining and salvage where you're only gathering raw components. Growing crop won't be passive and is a major part of science, stuff like mixing chems are less likely and more handled by factories. Overclocking components to sell on the aftermarket is also a big thing too, least of all it gives an org an edge if they can keep output up. And of course, medical and logistics fall under this when not used for the purpose of providing a service to customers.

Why do you try to pass off your baseless speculation as fact? do you have a source for any of your claims?

I dunno, but I seemed to have upset you, so +1 I guess.

Ehhh about the typical 20ish range. I get good results playing on the AUS server. I live in the USA.

All the info about the Endeavour for science, for exploration it was just bits and pieces of all the exploration Q&As and when I talked to Ben back in Oct 2012, searching through the entire mess would be a pain.
I don't see where I would be wrong though, radar range is way too small for the massive space each system will have on most ships, and jump points are going to be super rare, but it's still a full career.

I don't know if revulsion and pity really count as "upset" but I'm sure you could use the W. good luck, hope shit turns around for you soon

>Keep typing, mechs won't be in the game. However, there is a whole board made for that specific topic. Go there and discuss away.
youtu.be/-2LfQoFbLWg?t=9
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12978-Introducing-Your-RSI-Space-Suit
>Class IX – Full blown mech suit. Somewhere between a space suit and the power loader from Alien. These repair the outsides of large ships, move heavy objects in hangars, etc.
It's not like it's hard to add. It's just a bigger character with different movement set. Getting back up is another procedural animation, and the gameplay will probably just make it move like a bigger character.

I'm taking a note to come here and laugh at you when CIG inevitably sell the Titan suit jpeg.

K, lets try something easy
>radar range is way too small for the massive space each system will have on most ships
Provide a source just for this. Give a source that talks about concrete ideas for how big the radar range of ships will be

heh why so mad, we actually might make good friends ;-)

Have Discord? Lets chat.

I don't get why they keep trying to link it to AB instead, half the time it doesn't even trigger and it cuts out too far away from planets. And for that matter that shit where precision mode automatically drops your landing gear instead of it being manual is another annoyance. It took them all of one update to change landing permission back into a manually controlled function again, but for some reason landing gear and cruise are still automatically controlled and locked to flight modes

youtu.be/50Jk-mQ9_pw
Active radar systems, and how fully modelled the thing is
Note that even with full power active radar, a ship that isn't on over a certain distance away (yet still in visual range) didn't get picked up. Exploration ships boast a super powerful radar that should be able to pick up further than others, which also would be the only feasible way A) exploration and B) info running/fleet tracking would work.
Also the Terrapin in general is built for it.

Sadly we dont have that right now in Evocati 3.0

>30 min video with no timecode
Come on man. At least ballpark me.

>They were talking about their ideal 24 ship squadrons. Didn't get to say it, but if I had 24 slots for some shitty fleet,
Actually the original rules were 24 players fleets and no full-npc ship.

The topic came up because of the 24/50 players per instance limit.

shitdicks from something awful forums tried to worm their way into positions of power in the community early on like they did with EvE so they would end up arbitrating over their own members shitty behaviour to give themselves an edge. they were firmly told to fuck off and die by community manager and lardbucket Ben Lesnick. they have since decided if they can't have fun no one can and have allied with Derek Smart, a quite literally insane megalomaniac failed dev that hates and envies Chris Roberts, to try and bring down the project any way they can. goons will call this an exaggeration, but it's really not in any way.

Newfag here.Interested in screen caps of conversations between Ben and SA fags if you have any.
Thanks in advance

Here ya go last comment on the thread.
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/1532429/#Comment_1532429

This is straight up fucking deluded. If you really think there are boogeymen out there that will bring down a game that is directly funded, you are fucking retarded.

Goons are a scapegoat for CIG to not have to face criticism and you're a fucking idiot for perpetuating the lie that people on a forum no one has heard of have any influence at CIG.

Let's just point out that derek is more of a toy for the goons, they pretend to support him because his theatrics and ignorance make him funny.

in pic you have derek "game developer" who learn something extremely basic in all FPS game.