/twg/ - Total War General

Hotfix Beta Patch Notes
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix beta NOW, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

first for grudges

THE. CHAD. MUSTER.

how do i get good at fighting

I HATE SNOW

>anything but dark elves

kek

BRETKEKS ETERNALLY BTFO

>shades and darkshards

How is it even close to compelling gameplay that Clan Angrund gets unstoppable assassin heroes? That ethereal guy is running around assassinating all of my heroes, but my Eshin Assassin with level 3 assassin skill and level 3 success skill still only has as 5% chance and because it's that low, I cant even attempt it.

RATS BTFO YET AGAIN

it's part of a strategy that your simple mind cannot comprehend

Which LL should you start out with while playing Chaos?

Archaon seems like the strongest LL, but Sigvald has way better starting units and Suneater can apparently just kill anything.

Kholek or Sigvald. Sigvald is a pain in the ass to unlock and Kholek can basically solo armies, Neverchosen is decent but he's easy to unlock

Who here /playing TWH1/?

I tried playing an Empire game, and I realized after ~50 turns I wasn't going to be fighting any new factions, so I just went over to TWH1. Not only do I have the foundations update, but I actually have a fun Norsca to fight.

Is it too early to play ME?

not me.

ASUR!

Not if you play as the WH2 factions

Tyrion is edgy
>*readies widowmaker*
>psh... nuthin personul, droo key

t. malekith

>tyrions stance

Is this a JoJo reference?

Still no foundation patch or Norsca

I wanted to play Chaos, so I went back and played TWH1.

yeah it's a bummer. old world feels empty without the good shit

Could be worse... poorfag pirate here waiting for ME crack

>Durthu > Orion

This is a fact.

He's got a few good poses

>oven dodger
that is fucking hilarious

>that zieg heil in frame 2

Doot.

I am. Havent bought 2 yet, waiting for it to go on sale or for ME to be at the same level of patches as TWWH 1. Even if it does get patched, I'll wait to see if it's on sale during Christmas.

Mel always had the best Hollywood banter. Crazy fucker is /ourguy/ for a reason!

>Arty will take down that slow massive target in 27.6 seconds

I really wouldn't want to be a dwarf

so what do you think "the experiment" is?

I've read that some people think its "swarms", which is a unit type TW hasn't done before. They were talking about implementing Ark of Soteks before, but couldn't find a way to yet, which is why we have the Revivification Crystal. Many factions use swarm units so I'm hoping that person is right and we finally get some swarms going on.

army painter

that would be mad gay. people would play around with it two or three times, then not bother with it anymore.

Why is everyone hyping up an army painter? We elementary school now?

I would lose my shit if it was a in-game generic lord customizer.
But with the importance of LL in the game, I doubt it.

>Get ready for Malekith's quest battle
>He starts yelling like a tard while I'm looking at the enemy's lineup
Chill out nerd

You're a fucking idiot you don't see why people would want an Army Painter in a Warhammer game

b8

It all begins to make sense.

It feels pointless to play ME if you're playing an old world faction.

The old world contains no high elves, no dark elves, no lizards, and one skaven clan, which is part of the badlands. If you're playing any Old World faction you're going to be severely gimped by no foundations update and no norsca update. You're never gonna be fighting elves as Empire unless you sail across the world to do so, and even then you have to go through a hundred turns of fighting Norsca before you can do that.

ME should be the definitive edition, but no foundations and no norsca make it just flat out worse for old world factions. It's still better for the TWH2 factions though, because it updates the unit roster for all the old world factions you fight.

I have both TWH1 and 2 installed, and depending upon the faction I want to play I flip between them.

So, i just realise that i have a code for Total War Arena on my email for the ENTIRE week. Just redeem it and i'm downloading the game right now.
what am i into?

grindy pseudo-p2w moba-esque game that had potential before it was taken over by the guys who made World of Tanks

JESUS christ Dark Conduit is absurdly OP

>send suicide unit into enemies main line
>wait for them to blob around
>trigger dark conduit
>5+ units instantly dead from full HP
>actually lags my 1080TI from all the blood effects

War Thunder but instead of tanks and shiet its 3 units of your choice

VENGEANCE

TW1 also has better mods. I love LL/Traits remastered. I have no idea why they didn't incorporate some of those mods into TW2. I hate that some LLs lose most of their benefit by just recruiting them.

For example:

Isabella is pretty much useless if recruited. Her entire gimmick is using a vampire heavy army (like 10 vampires + dragons and blood knights for murdering the blob you create) but she can't do that effectively unless you start as her because she loses the vampire damage bonus if not your initial LL.

Volkmar also loses his entire gimmick. He buffs flagellants, but they're fucking garbage without the damage buff you get for choosing him as your LL. If you recruit him, half of his red tree is useless because flagellants suck without being buffed by his starting faction ability.

There are others as well, but those two are the most blatant examples of it being a mistake that lords don't give you their faction effect once recruited. With different starting units and it being relatively difficult to get other LLs, I think there is still plenty of reason to choose a LL that fits your playstyle, but now you don't feel forced to pick one because they're useless without the faction buff.

kek do u rly think u stand a chance against my level 11 lord sigvald and archaon?
rly?

>not shades (greatswords)
maximum overpleb

I never used it because muh slave decline, is the slave decline really bad or is it manageable?

It is really strong.

>mfw I activate it after dropping a Black Dragon into the middle of a giant Skaven blob.

Is there a character that could possibly even TOUCH Karl Franz?! Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Reikland Prince Karl Franz with a full complement of Reiksguard Knights from Castle Reiksguard. I’m not talking about Elector Count Karl Franz with the Reikland Runefang either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Emperor Karl Franz riding Deathclaw, equipped with Ghal Maraz, a regiment of Demigryph Knights, the full armies of Wissenland and Middenland the batteries of Nuln’s Imperial Gunnery School, the full might of the Altdorf Conclave of Wizards, and the Church of Sigmar’s Warrior Priests at his beck and call. I’m talking about Sigmar-Valten-Franz infused with the spark of Ulric’s divinity and the wind of heaven, wielding Ghal Maraz with all the winds of magic incarnates guarding his back.

Slaves are a meme, even after two hundred turns of not being a retard it's still only maybe extra 6k per turn. Practically nothing.

Still not as based as vlad

did you know you can make dwarfs even shorter???

You're missing out on the longer AI turns tho :(

they really dont feel that much longer

are you playing on a potato?

so, is it good?

Melee lord power rankings: Kholek > Kroq'gar > Durthu > Louen > Queek > Tyrion > Grimgor > The Red Duke > Ungrim > Karl > Vlad > Belegar > Boris > Alberic > Sigvald > Khazrak > Morghur > Thorgrim > Skarsnik > Volkmar

>Level 41

Finally! Belegar was hanging out inside Matorca so I dropped a plague rat on it trying to soften him up for Queek to come in and claim some heads...

then Belegar caught the plague and left! Ran to Stonemine and is bringing the plague with him. I've never actually had the plague spread cross province before

Wait what, Queek is stronger than Grimgor?

Not canon

all that armor piercing

>Louen that high
No

Yes fag, bend over to the Leoncoeur

> Note the beta hotfix has Chaos declare on everyone except Chaos and Beastmen
> Skaven presumably are not automatically friends of chaos

good. end times/AoS is wrong, the horned rat is too cool to hang with those metal fucks

even in End Times Archaeon says he killed the Skaven who helped form an alliance between the armies. Mainstream Chaos has always poopoo'd the skaven. Skaven and Beastmen HAATTEE eahc other.

My least favorite part of the end times was the skaven as a race being relegated to "just another chaos crony"

I just found Clan Skryre Rocket Boots.

Are we gnomish engineering now?

Just another fun day that is the joy of being Ungor.

he is a gate baby and was created solely for the purpose of defending gates
didnt have time to make greatswords

Mammoths are fast man

>#1 Kholek

This meme is getting old real damn quickly. He's good, but he's not number one, and if you count versatility he tanks in ranking massively.

How would you guys feel if CA did Total War: Alexander?
Factions would be
>Alexander/Philip II's Macedonia
>Greece
>Persia
>Egypt
>Mauria, India
Later we could get Ethiopia/Nubians, Italians, Arabians, and Afghans.
The map would basically be the eastern third of the R2 map. Here is the kicker. India. We include all of India and central Asia. And maybe, if you really wanted to push it... China.
You could lead Alexander to greater heights than even he achieved, lead the Pharaoh's in a pre-Ptolemaic Egypt, etc.

>spearii vs spearii
>spearii flanking the enemy spearii
>spearii are upgraded to spearii with plumes on their head
no thx LOL GIT FUKD HAHA

Alexander literally didn't do jack shit but be lucky and do nighttime raids. He's the best example of ordinary simpletons being over-glorified in history because they were the ruler.

They've been pretty consistent in trying to turn other bad guy factions into Chaos' fluffers. My paranoid theory is that they do that in a sort of spite-fueled response to criticism about their favorite faction, but its probably just a bad attempt to make things more EPIC or something. Greenskin players had to constantly rebel against that but by end times GW had changed targets and removed all capacity for player input to "ruin" their epic plotlines.

I like a lot how they ensured that skaven function a lot differently than other chaos factions. Separate corruption mechanic, ability to build an empire as opposed to mindless destruction, presence of characters like scribes, accountants, engineers, and other roles that indicate an actual (albeit comically twisted) society. Only thing I really would want is an option like the Norsca got when the Chaos invasion starts to go "Archaeon is a no-fur, tiny-tail shit", but just declaring on him and unloading the warp lightning canons works well enough I guess.

even if he isn't the fact that he gets that free "i need to escape the melee blob I'm in" ability makes him better

>gnomish engineering
god, vanilla is gonna be great.

why is steam blocking images from the 4chans?

> Shooting sixty shafts, scarring Sigvald's stunning shield
> Seeing such scarlet stains slathering Sigvald's sublime stature

SCANDALOUS

but user, Alexander Senki taught me that cavalry was incredibly important to the macedonians. and also that india had floating potato wizard priests

When did I say that I love Alexander the Great, or that he was some great tactician? I just want a game in the time period. I want to play with Indian War Elephants, pre-Ptolemaic Egypt, and so much more.

As for the comments on Alexander, the motherfucker was isolated in combat and horribly wounded like a dozen times, only to come back again and again. Not to mention the sensible mixing of culture and adaption of new tactics that they came across.
Letting the empire fracture and hundreds of thousands die because "The Strongest" should succeed him was a dick move, though. Seems like the chad of ancient generals.

>Pikes
>Phalanxes
>Cataphracts
>Chariots
>War Elephants
It's an even better setting for the Attila engine than R2. Plus the idea of a map focused on the east and including India makes me hard.

Fucking brilliant, well done.

Anyone else feel like Kroxigors under-perform? Even when going up vs chaos they fail to match the kill counts of my regular saurus, even though they should be much better suited for bullying chaos inf since they have ap/anti inf. Compared to other monsters like minos, skinwolves, and crypt horrors they feel anemic

Korxigors are the bane of rats. Against chaff, they can slay a near unlimited quantity before going down. Minos are pretty nasty against everything but they can fall to spear swarms, and crypt horrors are positively anemic against a wall of clanrats, but krox bastards just consume a million of em without a care.

I've just never seen them perform, at the moment I'm assuming they are suffering from the orders bug the lizards seem to have, but compared to the monsters of the other races they just don't seem to do much. It doesn't help that you lose control of them as well

>lizardmen uncommon item glyph necklace gives 9% ward save
>generic common item talisman of protection gives 10% ward save
bravo CA

REEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES GET OUT

how could you let this happen

No rats allowed.

Do you even take Attrition getting to Skavenblight? You should lose half your army from the swamp.

i was too busy pushing north from K8P and crushing the dwarves :(

How am I meant to stop the Doomtides endlessly spawning off the coast of Naggaroth? I killed Archaon in a battle but do I need to now finish the rest of them off?

Why doesn't ME have intros with advisor-chan anymore? They were so climatic.
Also those two welves and Beastmen mini campaings should be accessible in TW:W 2 as well. I don't want to re-download TW:W 1 just for them.