/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

/ggg/ ain't free Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/qc2gi
youtube.com/watch?v=JFOGW9Lgm58
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/19/guilty-bits-xrd-johnny/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdTZ1_bahz1N9cQhir1tGLWL0LAaeNSAK
docs.google.com/document/d/1CsVdze_0fRu7hhHZrAxD8ajBGgSdMzRo684uTw4ef4Q/edit
keeponrock.in/#/?p1chars=johnny
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Axl is honest

Ky or Sol.

Potemkin

I don't know why but that sounds pathetic.

Sol.

>newer players aren't good at the game
holy shit call cnn!!

It's not that, it's that someone with only 50 hours in the game is able to defeat people that have been playing the game for months, to me that just sounds pathetic, I mean, what the hell were the other guys doing during all those months?

Sol

I've played a lot of fighting games before this one.

Well?

Unless you're putting in neet hours and racking up like 1000+ hours in a few months, you're probably going to have times where you fuck up when you're only a few hundred hours in and lose to retarded shit. You also don't know if that dude has prior experience in other fighters, particularly air dashers.

50 hours with xrd is different than 50 hours with xrd plus whatever hours from previous fighting games. a lot of general knowledge can carry over, especially identifying player habits, controlling, having the dexterity to do combos, etc

controlling space/momentum of the match*

Looks like white

I don't know about Ram but I'm not wearing any underwear. In fact, I'm completely naked right now.

paradigm pls go

T-tell me more...

Who's the Leo equivalence of ggacr

they switch

HOS

Anji

I'm an Anji main and i play Kum in rev 2

I'm a Dizzy main and I play Bedman in Rev2, what's your point?

How hard is Millia execution wise
Are those jump cancels into airdash combos necessary

>How hard is Millia execution wise
Very hard. You have absolutely no room for error.

I'll be forced to keep playing raven then

Is this a joke? Can we stop pretending IADs are hard?

It's more that Millia has very specific and strong tools to never let the opponent get back up on a hard knockdown, but you need to be on point at all times with your mixups and IAD setups.

IADs aren't hard, but with Millia's comparative low damage output and low stamina it only takes one fuck up to lose more than half your health from your opponent's wake up. You have to make dead on reads many times in a single round and risk dying from one good counter hit to play her effectively.

>dead on reads
You have two unreactable safe mixups per KD, the first one giving a full combo always, the second one either giving you a combo or a KD depending on the button. Her neutral is out there especially with the pin. She's not hard. Stop.

Oh no the opponent can sometimes guess right and you have to iad j.H back in which might get antiaired.

What's the lore behind Ram and burgers?

LORDKNIGHT LEAVE

streamable.com/qc2gi

Good ending.

Millia is complete bullshit when she gets a knockdown and way more people would be playing her if it wasn't difficult

That's why Raven is barely played anymore right?

Are you retarded?

benis

Maybe I'm searching for the wrong terms, but hopefully one of you guys know

When playing with my friend online, it says I have 4f of lag, sometimes 5f. However, when I go to training mode and set the input delay to 5f, this still feels way, way faster than netplay with my friend. Netplay feels like 8-10f almost.
Is the delay actually much higher than 5f or is something else happening here? Is there any way to tell what the delay truly is?

think I might have to pick up pot again, especially for the axl mu

Sin gave her a burger and it made her experience emotions for the first time, or something. Also birthday train plays

Are you on ps4 or steam?

implying this is real anyway, that axl would have burst out of that way before the corner, come on nigga

he didn't get his burst until the very end

There was plenty of time to burst regardless.

Are you playing on PS3/4 or PC? On PC you're looking at like 1-4f of delay depending on your settings. On console you're getting a solid 4f at least, plus the network delay which is displayed on the screen. This means you can have cases of PC netplay that has less delay than offline. It sounds like your case is console plus the PSN delay which does in fact make it closer to 8-10f and it's why for netplay you might as well play on PC to mitigate the console input delay losses.

The other part is that the delay display is a bit of a mystery. It works most of the time, but sometimes it displays a higher number than it actually feels like, or displays 1-2f on a person that it's almost physically impossible to have that low of a delay with. Because one player is the host and one is the client, I believe there can also be cases where someone with a better computer gets a worse delay and choppier game than the person who has a worse computer and is holding up the game. This results in one person feeling like they're skipping input frames and dropping a lot of shit.

This is true not that i looked at it a bit closer though he still could have burst out before death/super it looks like and maybe turned this around, but who is to say his skill level, axl vs pote is still a horrible matchup for pote.

youtube.com/watch?v=JFOGW9Lgm58

>that axl would have burst out of that way before the corner
how? he gets burst back when he's splatted on the wall right before the flick. he's not in a great position to burst

It was a joke but that pot made several bad choices

Guess I should have clarified, I'm on PC.

>On PC you're looking at like 1-4f of delay depending on your settings
Can you expand on this? Is the 4f of delay in-game in addition to the settings I set in training mode input delay or something?

what's the bnb for johnny in neutral?

I find it hard to put pressure on as johnny when trying to play in lobbies and stuff

Is the Chad meme still a thing? Either way, fresh OC for the thread.

Is Heat Knuckle a DP?

Eat your hamburgers Ram

Vsync, post processing, and any AA you turn on adds delay. I still recommend leaving vsync on or making it windowed in some way because you can get tearing or quite an unpleasant experience but whatever works for you. The delay you add in the settings only affects offline modes, it doesn't carry over to the online experience. If you turn your settings off but your friend leaves them on, you still have to play according to their delay because of how delay netcode works to keep things in sync. You two might be dropping packets, the isps are fucking the routing, or who knows. Make sure you're playing ethernet and not wireless, make sure the friend isn't running stupid settings like any aa higher than FXAA. Maybe your friend can't run the game, but there are a lot of things to iron out. Connection between countries or regions can be funny sometimes.

no it's lame, stale, outdated, unfunny. you're like 5+ months late.

It's good.

Ah, I've had those settings set. I think my friend was on wifi, which is probably what's going on. It just felt really bizarre that the frame delay said one thing, but it feels way higher.
Thanks a ton for the help

That was unburstable

>It just felt really bizarre that the frame delay said one thing, but it feels way higher
It happens. Most of the time it's quite good, the netcode and indicator. Sometimes it's quite wrong and the delay it displays is not the delay you're feeling, unfortunately sometimes this can be one sided. Another issue is maybe his house's bandwidth, if people are streaming video then shit's going to tank. But glad to help.

BRING BACK MILLIA'S HARD KD HAIRCOPTER J.HS

For once in a fightan game I found someone who I liked as a character just as much as I liked how they played.

T-Thanks Arksys for taking that away from me.

Because one button changed? suck a dick

Just channel your inner LK

eat shit, son

I want fempot to pot buster me

I want to DP her heat knuckle if you know what I mean

>very specific and strong tools to never let the opponent get back up on a hard knockdown
>disc
>opponent has to guess what to do or eat a ton of shit
>hard

Who do I learn Millia or Johnny?

Those are some big trishulas

Sol.

I-i don't wanna play Sol

Johnny

Johnny is a better character but Millia is cuter

ok, do I just go through all the dustloops combos?

Too bad.

I would just look up match videos and then try to replicate what they do.

oh okay thanks

Milia is the cutest

i want her to step on me

What makes Dizzy a hard character to play? From an ignorant standpoint it looks like she summons things on knockdowns and then tries to go in again while her summons oki. What more is going on here, is it the timings?

idk

drunkardshade.com/2017/05/19/guilty-bits-xrd-johnny/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdTZ1_bahz1N9cQhir1tGLWL0LAaeNSAK
docs.google.com/document/d/1CsVdze_0fRu7hhHZrAxD8ajBGgSdMzRo684uTw4ef4Q/edit
keeponrock.in/#/?p1chars=johnny

Most of her shit has horrible start up time

Whoa thank you

once people get past all your projectile bullshit, your normals are a bit lacking

Opening the mid weekend afternoon ECPC room. I'll probably keep it up for an hour or two. C'mon in.
Room ID: 5mf0

Does anyone have a link to the more detailed character guides? Not looking for any one in particular, just throw them all at me.

no. you'd have to look at the discord for the collection of all the google docs. it's easier to join or ask specifically

Any PS4 players alive?

theres a lot of spacings where its a free punish/counter dizzy doing any summon except for the blue bubble, her more advanced okizeme is decently challenging if you arent a fan of stuff like links and microdashes. blitz deals with a lot of the most basic options very well, so even a basic understanding of how to blitz can throw a wrench in a more basic dizzys gameplan. theres also lots of dead time in her fish and bubble summons, which since only those two summons stop people from running up on her, she has to deal with some only decent normals that are quite abusable by low profiling moves, or very risky moves to use as a check without meter due to bad cancel options and very bad recovery.

her anti airs are also kind of tight, her 2s doesnt actually shrink her hurtbox, and her 6p doesnt have an amazing hitbox.

shes actually overall pretty easy, but since theres a few dos and donts that arent really apparent in her gameplan people think shes hard to play.

You just have to learn more setups than you would with Millia or I-no, and her combos are harder than these two's.

So I recently bought GG Xrd REV2 on Steam and can someone explain to me why they gave Sol a fucking throw that can lead into a 40%+ combo and he can use on wakeup?
In fact, why is there such a ridiculous discrepancy when it comes to damage. Like some characters have way too low defense and some can just deal way too mych damage of just mashing buttons. Add to that the not very good netcode and I just can't take this game seriously.

I really want to like this game since I like how it reminds me of Vsav in terms of gameplay but still, this shit makes no sense to a sf player like me.

>try playing other people
>forget everything I know and end up just mashing buttons

Okay friend, my lazy ass signed up for the discord, thank you.

You have to actively remember and focus on what you want to do
eventually it'll just become second nature