Also, the counselor can't tell you what to fucking do, despite their threats...

Also, the counselor can't tell you what to fucking do, despite their threats. As long as you've got a ""pathway"" toward graduation, you're fine. This also includes lying and saying you plan on being held back, then leaving early getting your GED.

>h-how do I discover m-myself?

That'll come later, either at 18, or 38. Doesn't matter. Don't stress over this. Once you're earning money, after a while you can take a year or two off and pursue your dreams and be creative about it without needing college.

I agree to some extent OP but I think kids should at the bare minimum finish high school.

College on the other hand is only worth it if you go for something worthwhile. If you plan on getting a History degree or some stupid shit like that, don't bother.

Over the past decade or so, there has been a tremendous push to get everyone to go to college. This has dumbed the curriculum down and deflated the value of a college degree, all while making the cost of the education skyrocket. Most people believe college is becoming more and more important, but I would argue that it's a catch-22, because as society *believes* it is becoming more and more important, it's becoming more and more expensive and more and more dumbed down, therefor the cost, both real and opportunity costs are making college less and less worth it.

Just like the housing bubble in the mid 2000's, I believe we are in the middle of an enormous education bubble that is about to pop. It won't be our teachers, our parents, our guidance counselors, our professors, etc who will be blamed for it either. It's going to be those evil right wing Republicans who will be blamed for not subsidizing education even more.

Can't wait to see colleges become deserted like all of the ghost shopping malls around America. It already happened with ITT Tech.

That leaves us with one question Veeky Forums, what do we do when every town has an abandoned college or university?

My idea is to turn them into a giant co-working centers, with businesses occupying a classroom or two.

By god, that would be my dream Veeky Forums, seeing America with young bright entrepreneurs in these former godforsaken government education monoliths. The elite and the filthy kikes will kill themselves at the sight of happy people with bright smiles fulfilling their passions and dreams instead of what we see today in schools: slaves mindlessly being taught to conform and comply.

Either way there will be winners and losers. Some will go into massive debt and never recover, while others will get rich. It's better than what we have now.

College would be fine if they did what they used to do, instead of trying to get as many warm breathing bodies to sign on the dotted line for massive, inflated sums of money.

It's really incredible that people don't understand why college is so expensive and their answer is to do more of the same shit that is making it that expensive.

When you subsidize it with government money, and make student loans available to anyone who wants it, and people will pay for college at any price, well no fucking shit the colleges are going to price gouge.

Typical response: we need more money for education from the 1%

Little do they know that the more money they throw at education, the higher the price of it will go. It's like chasing the dragon.

Ah yes

That's why the average college graduate earns significantly more than highschool graduate, right?

I wouldn't argue that no college degree is worth it, but it's clear that college administrations don't give a flying fuck about their students. There is a lot of brainwashing going on where "any degree is a good degree" and if you can't get a job after graduating, it's not your fault, you just need (((more education))) and to pay for that you need to vote for left wing politicians. Oh woops, looks like the price of your education jumped again.

It's clear what is happening but most are too dumb to realize it, any time the government gets involved in paying for something, they get price gouged. And to close the costs most 18-20 year olds won't hesitate to sign for a 5-6 figure loan because they've been pressured their entire life to go to college, and that they'll work at Burger King for the rest of their life if they don't go.

People need to start being more honest about what college actually is, that's all I'm saying.

>unironically planning your life based on the average normie
never gonna make it kid

Give that high school drop out the same amount of money the college graduate spent on school and and tell him or her to use that money only for making more money see how that statistic changes.

in other words, the averages will probably even out. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the high school graduate ends up making more on average.

History is a good path to law, nigger

Really depends on the individual, but yeah, there is a huge discouragement to skip college and go for entrepreneurship, just massive waves of cattle being pushed into the meat grinder of the education bubble.

If I had to choose between going to college for $60,000 and 4 years of my youth for a Such-n-Such American Studies degree or using that time and money for making myself more money, yeah... I'd skip college. But if I was smart enough to become a doctor or go to an Ivy league school, I'd probably do that.

Dumbest comment in this thread so far

roughly 30-50 years ago every high school had some sort of trade school built into the curriculum to supply the local economy with ready-trained workers after high school. They literally had automotive classes (For future mechanics), programming (For IT work), woodworking (when we had factories that worked with wood here), cooking (Restaurant workers), electrical (factory-related), and farming, but it all depended on where the school was.

Today we have SJW literature class 101, retard common core algebra not real-world related 101, global warming is the root of all evil 101 class, The evil and racist history of America 101, Modern Art is Real Art class, etc. Not even exaggerating here. Oh and we're ranked 30 in the world but #1 in spending.

>Posts on an anonymous imageboard

Ah yes you must be the successful Ethereum trader I keep hearing about

>But if I was smart enough to become a doctor or go to an Ivy league school, I'd probably do that.

This. There are still a lot of people who are well qualified to fulfill the duty of being a doctor or lawyer in a reasonable amount of time. But most people are not cut out for college, and that's the problem.

Dumbest post in all of Veeky Forums so far.

>post hoc fallacy

You've failed to mention that the average college student is generally more intelligent, motivated, and self-starting than the average highschool graduate. All qualities that contribute to a higher salary.

Agreed. However I don't know if I agree about the recent wave of graduates (within the last 5 years). They are mostly just typical dipshits who just want to be spoonfed.

Why did they seriously take these trades out? They were being taken out even in outer GA by like 2011

Because of the Department of Education standardizing schools everywhere and fucking them over good. Paired up with unions not giving a shit about students.

This shit fucked me hard. I testing into a nice high school specifically because they showed off their woodworking/home ec/electrical courses during open house and the first fucking year I attended it all got shut down.

history is a great major fuck you

>Unironically believing you will make it against all odds because muh superior 44D chess mind
Stay poor

Remember this post when you're 60k in debt and they hire a nigger over you.

>retard common core algebra not real-world related 101,
>you should only learn math thats useful
user you can only learn how to calculate the price of groceries so many times in so many ways. by the time you get to college "useful math" wouldnt be anything you havent already learned

Fuck it I'd say even good degrees are a meme. I did a chemistry degree and its fucking worthless, friends that have come out of PhDs are unemployed. I enjoyed it and im interseted in it but its only use is if you want to go academia big time, and then you're a government cuck slaving away for 25k a year for 90hrs a week while the literal down syndrome behind tge counter in mcdonalds earns more

>t. lazy stupid fuck

Fucking boomers...

Tha ks for the debt and counting on a stock market for retirement!

Can they all die already?

Giant 10 cylinder.
650hp
720 ft lb torque
700ci....

What the fuck is it op

FUCKIT bulldoze them all...

>muh boomer hate
Why not just his advice for what it is, then, just maybe, consider other opinions, theories, and statistics as well?

>Now I have more money than most of them and successfully run a business.
What's your business? Mowing lawns?

This. 10-15 years ago i had woodshop, smal engine repair, and welding.

To this day woodworking and wrenching on mowers and welding is a daily skill. Last time i had to figure out the volume of a cylinder i downkoaded a bukk tank calculator app.

(You wount always have a calculator.)

Bitch, how about you yeach me to change my own oik instead of calculous i dont want or need

Yup. All these classes i took were gone on 04

Sorry user. Go to trade school or youtube woodworking. Its not real hard. Google and then head over to /diy and we willl help u

Kek. In a predomonitly bkack town i wasnt hired because i was white. Claimed affirmitave action, need more of anyone not white. 30 black people at this company ran at a loss with tax dollars...

user can i make my own lithium battery cells at home or will they acuse me of making drugs?

>implying you have a good degree

chemistry is fucking shit

>what do we do when every town has an abandoned college or university?
concentration camps for ex-college administrators