/swgg/ Star Wars Games General "Server Merges Inbound" Edition

/swgg/ is not your personal tech/customer support forum. Google search before posting.

>For General SWTOR info and finding people to play with:
pastebin.com/Cp37vLab

Referral system is broken, ask politely in thread if you need a link.

>How do I setup Battlefront II?
pastebin.com/fsYU4BUC

>/swgg/ Guilds
Legio XVI Coruscantia - Tomb of Freedon Nadd (Imperial)

- Ebon Hawk (Imperial/RP/Memes)

- Harbinger (Imperial)

>SWGEMU
swgemu.com/forums/index.php

>KOTET Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

>'Traitor Among The Chiss' Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=kAI-yGmHM5M

Other urls found in this thread:

swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171102
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Prospect
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>List of servers being merged on Nov 8

Don't forget to max out your character slots on all the servers being merged into the one you plan on playing on. You get to keep them, and as an added bonus, you get to screw over all the people selling server slots for 10 mil.

Let's see if this one dies before the day ends.

Bump

jesus christ this plummets fast

gonna post some waifus so anybody who wants to take advantage of this can

holy shit

i don't get it

page 9 already

bump

darth hexid companion is gonna be available soon

>swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171102

>REVANRETURNS

code for f2p players to unlock hutt cartel and SoR for free. i think it only lasts til the 6th. i'm not sure.

d e d

Any chance we get an xp boost sometime soon?

Won't there be one after the merge?

Add to the guild list.
The Red Eclipse/Darth Malgus - Republic Side

Old /swgg/ guild trying to get a bit more active with the server merge again

i have no idea but there better be.

bump

This thread is pathetic. This game is pathetic. We are pathetic.

should i start serving the koolaid so we can all just stop?

d-don't die

Just let it rip

Should I bother logging in to "save" my character names? I only played the last expansion on one character before I got bored. And from what I hear there's no more big expansions left for this game anyway.
Is it worth the download just to save the name in case I ever play again? Was on both Harbinger and PotF for PvP.

Also what's with this? I thought Harbinger was being turned into Bastilla Shan server or something, not god damn hot topic.

>Also what's with this? I thought Harbinger was being turned into Bastilla Shan server or something, not god damn hot topic.
the hot prospect was the original name for merged server but somehow people got offended by the name so they changed it to satele shan

There are rumors about a new expansion in the first half of 2018.

And the NA server was supposed to be Hot Prospect until people lost their shot over the name and made BW rethink their decision.

>Somehow people got offended by naming their server Hot Fucking Topic
I hope you're being sarcastic

I am not

this is the world we live in now

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Prospect

What's so offensive?

No, I meant I hoped you were being sarcastic about the "Somehow" part.
But I guess you weren't. Goddammit. The fuck is wrong with you.
If there's anything in the world to worth standing against, it's god dammed hot topics.

i would say it's worth logging in to take advantage of the free character slots. i'm gonna end up with about 150 since i'll be on star forge.

and i don't know about big expansions. there will definitely be more, but who knows how soon. WoW is getting one soon, so they may feel compelled to do something big due to competition.

what the fuck are you talking about, it's a ship's name

What do you mean free character slots? Just make a bunch of lvl 1 characters on each of the servers that will be merging?
I've got 17 characters already, 1 of each AC on both sides. And a twi'lek smuggler. WHICH I CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE BECAUSE FUCKING BIOWARE. Why would I ever need more?

Hot Topic is the worst store in existence. If you've never experienced it, I weep in joy at your life

what

I would show you images of hot topic to explain furter, but you are blessed in that you've never known it. I will not be one who brings this horror into your life. I refuse to show you, and I beg of you. Do not go looking for hot topic.

are you high

What does that have to do with anything?
Just don't go looking for the hot topic. You know not what it will do.

>Just make a bunch of lvl 1 characters on each of the servers that will be merging?

yes. i only ever play two characters, but i'd still like to have all the slots i can, just in case i ever want them. and i know i'm not gonna get an opportunity like this again.

hot prospect

which is close enough to hot topic that it is still obscene

get help

I'm trying to help you.
Stay away from The Hot Topic

hot prospects of erp

and holy shit we back

bad kiwi
bad

BUTTHURT REVANITES

>we back
barely

>first half
that's way too optimistic
they're probably going to take another enormous break after 5.6, then there's still SCYVA and IZAX to release, I doubt we'll hear any official word on a new expansion until GTFM is fully available

they seriously need something big to save this game

d e d

it doesn't even need to be big, just EA looking past their greed and investing some amount of money into actual content and not marketing schlock

I missed you guys.

I started GTN Jewing again. Hoping to get close to 1B credits by the time I sell all these. Just gotta wait for prices to go back up.

>just EA looking past their greed
Well that's never going to happen so shit is fucked

what will server merges do to the GTN economies

Star Forge is gonna be fucked for at least a month because of the larger merge pool
the rest might see a bit of price fluctuation but not nearly as much because there aren't blatantly inflated economies like EH's meeting more normalized ones

>doesn't even have a 248 mainhand

kek

Shouldn't do much for new Harb since Harbinger is merging mostly with dead servers.

I've barely played since 5.0 launched. I'm only command level 100ish.

>he missed bugged dailies during double cxp

That's actually how I got a good portion of my levels. I think I was somewhere around level 50.

I was rebuilding my computer at the time and still managed to get to tier 4

i really wish my server wasn't being merged with EH trash

same

bump before bed

I enjoy the expansion story. Lana is the best bioware girl that's ever been desu senpai.

Acina > Lana

and this is from a lanafag

getting this in early for post-merge altifying

space

We actually survived the night, impressive.

Denying the void's embrace taxes us. But we will not leave our thread undefended.

What are EA/Biowares plans with this game any way it seems like its been on life support for the last year or so, but with all of the star wars hype and flash going on with the movies and stuff i don't see them wanting to get rid of it?

This fucking bug has been in the game for months. Hitting X on the big box brings up this little box, hitting X on it just closes the little box but leaves the big one.
I can move around, tab targets and use the attack I have on keybinds. But I can't move that big box, and it takes up the entire centre of the screen. It makes the game almost unplayable. And completely unenjoyable to play.
I've opened tickets, and tried to explain the issue. But they just don't seem to understand, they don't speak english or something idk.
Guess I'll try again next month.

never heard of it. and you're not explaining what happened very well.

From what I understand, you don't get more slots. It's more like going from Sub to Pref.
If you don't buy any slots, you get 12 slots as sub and 6 as pref. If you sub, create 11 characters then go down to pref, you don't have any empty slot. You can still play all 11 characters, but you can't make any more. You'd have to either re-sub or delete 6 of your characters to have an empty slot again.
So the only way to "take advantage" of this would be to make Characters you WANT on each server, so when you sub you can play them all at once. But you can't just make lvl 1 random characters to "add" a slot post merge. Because you can't delete of of the "free" characters and get an empty slot from it.

Or am I wrong?

It's not a bug. He's a lvl 65 smuggler. I expect the same one from years ago,

Never tanked before, only healed and DPS. Is Tanking difficult? How is Vanguard? Anything to keep in mind?

here's a quote from eric

> you can't delete of of the "free" characters and get an empty slot from it
true, that's why you should max them out, so you don't ever need a new slot.

>He's a lvl 65 smuggler
oh so he's a fucking idiot

You tell me

Only problem with that, is you don't know what race/class/sex combo you want to play until you want to play it.

that's why you gotta make a bunch or use cartel coins. the biggest problem will probably be if they do another dark v light thing where they force you to make a new character to participate.

i'd definitely say that if you plan on going over the limit, you should be ready to spend some extra jew coins in case they ever introduce a new race. you have to decide if it's worth it. but you can always delete characters if you have a change of heart.

there's a learning curve, but if you can learn calculus, i doubt you'll have trouble learning to tank in some video game.

is it worth it to bother to create 36 characters?

if you delete the character do you keep the slot?

no. let's say you have 40 slots but the merge gives you 45 characters. you'd have to delete 6 characters to create a new one.

but if you have 80 characters after the merge and make sure you have a good balance of class/race/gender, why would you ever need to make more?

ok that makes sense, thanks

and i honestly think so many people will do this that if they ever make another light vs dark event, people will cry enough that bioware will accommodate them.

If by accommodate, you mean "Put slots on a 25% discount" Then yes, they prob will.

Side boob.

damn what outfit is that
even better than the slave outfits

Corellian Euphoric.

>the price of these sabers has gone up 15m in just a few days

Not expecting to get the 200m+ a piece they were going for at one point, but 120m each seems feasible.

Does no one here play Republic or what

>Type by mistake in search bar /swg/ instead of /twg/
>This general shows up
What the fuck I thought you guys are ded, did something important happen?

I do, TRE rep side is kinda okay activity-wise.

Still dead desu

can't hurt

d e d

fun while it lasted

Not dead yet