/2hug/ - Touhou General - #56

Jojo edition
Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

>/2hug/ cup team suggestions sheet
goo dot gl/forms/Tazf2Pfqy7CGhKEw1

Touhou is a videogame but we are all secondaries that only care about waifuposting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EUYBWhVkKg
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZGEGw2MI00eOdlzW5NioP6hGAUckDqWz8RviXUcor6gN4GA/viewform?usp=sf_link
youtube.com/watch?v=CvA_AyeJMZA
track5.mixtape.moe/oehjuk.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Putting big tits on lolis should be a crime.

Looking good here, Tewi.

Wait what the fuck is the w actually silent?

That is apparently the proper way to pronounce her name. It's "Tei" instead of "Tooie" like the spelling would imply.

Shortstack is the light.

Delete that image right fucking now

yep, aparently the "wi" in Tewi is a really old syllable nobody uses anymore, 'cause she's old. I think the same thing happens with the "wi" in Hinanawi

Apparantly. I think it's because she's really old, so she uses an outdated kana or something for her name. Or something like that. Iunno, I'm tired and can't think straight.

Why?

I always thought it was pronounced "Teh Wee".

But it seems the rabbit hole goes deeper than expected.

Woah. I always thought it was "Tooie".

youtube.com/watch?v=6EUYBWhVkKg

I'm still calling her Tooie and there's nothing you can do to stop me

We actually already are polling
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZGEGw2MI00eOdlzW5NioP6hGAUckDqWz8RviXUcor6gN4GA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Should have a new model done soon.

No one can hear here anyway. You could call her Shaniqua and no one would know.

[THE WORLD] is my Spirit Animal.

Good thing I can't get offended over this because pic related.

If there's anything Tempest of heaven and earth taught me, its that big tits tewi is a miracle of the universe.

If there's anything Tempest of Heaven and Earth taught me is that Nue is a hornty alien and you should run before she inseminates you.

Wow Tewi you're not acting like your age over here

>Run
>Before she inseminates you

She's gonna have difficulty with that since i'll be the one inseminating.

What does a 1300-1600 year old even act like?

I wish that was Tewi

>Remi is 500 years old and acts like a child
>Tewi is 1600 years old and acts like a teen

Hmm, good question.

Tewi acts like a little child doing silly pranks all the time, if anything Reisen acts as a teen.

Komachi your waist line is a little concerning here

Is it? Her waist seems pretty in line with the rest of her body. I'd be more worried about her tits there. If her waist is correct, those things are massively oversized.

You have to have at least a 150 IQ to spot the contradiction here.

It kinda looks like it's being squeezed.

i mean. yeah. Thats what an obi is for. if it wasn't tight enough, that shirt would slip right off and her tits would be flopping out.

If you actually draw her bodyline along that, not including her chest, she's not that bad off.

BURNING DOWN THE THREAD

Please say something dead about this womb.

Oh my god that's fucking amazing. Good work user.

Someone explain the origin of this meme

It also looks like it's being held by a coin too, those shekels must be quality stuff.

Looks good.

>Someone explain the origin of this meme
youtube.com/watch?v=CvA_AyeJMZA

I want to kiss her feet and tickle her.

It's so beautiful

The coin is a reference to charon, the ferryman of the river styx. Its basically payment for safe passage to the other side.

Its also why most of komachi's spellcards include coins.

Let me rephrase this, many cultures have idea's of paying for safe passage to the other side. Charon is the closest example to ferrymen of the sanzu river that i could find though.

bring quality back
track5.mixtape.moe/oehjuk.mp3

Wonderful user, our offense will be unmatched
>Ichirin goes to score a goal
>ROCKET SIGN: THERMOBARIC ROCKET
>fires off her RPG at the opposing goalie
>massive blast takes out the goalie and goal
>makes the kick
>GOOOOAAALLLL
Imagine.

I want to kss her lips and hold her hands.

The next model I want to do is to recreate the Alice and user in bed picture for Meaningful Discussions.
A bit to early to see what players will get cut. I hope for a couple more votes.
And suggestions would be great, for a couple of them I can't think of something better than a boxhead.

Can someone tell me what's blue thing wrapped around her ear?

Thanks Seijafreind! I couldn't watch the video all the way though.

Thanks for clearing that up, Eiki must pay her well if she's that rich. Or perhaps she took them from those who failed to cross the river?

It's supposed to be a snek. Symbolic of Kanako.

Komachi also takes the money from everyone who does cross the river, as the price to cross is all the currency you had on you at the time of your death. She basically blackmails people's spirits.

>Clear C-2
>Get another glitch but this one labels my 1cc as "test" instead of C-2 and doesn't even let me save the replay

Ah well. I'll re-do A-2 and C-2 some other time.
Anyways I'm finally done with Lunatic GFW! What a great feeling. It's such a fun game!

No, she's the one that gets paid the toll. Eiki isn't involved in that part of it.

Also, money probably doesn't mean much for her. Its more symbolic than that. Giving up your worldly riches lightens you of your sins, so to speak. Doesn't erase them, but it does prepare you for whats to come.

So they pay the toll to safely cross the river.

>luna child getting decked in the face

Poor girl.

I could watch that all day
This video has caused me sanity damage
I can't stop laughing. How many watchlists am I on now?

It's just a harmless fairy war user! Nothing to be worried about!

>Komachi always demands those she guides to pay all the money they have, and anyone who hesitates to pay the full sum is dropped into the river midway through the journey.

I don't think she doesn't care about the money, but they certainly do pay so they can safely cross.

Well, thats her job. Its just that rather than the weight of their greed sinking the ship, she's pushing them off before it can.

Let it not be said that komachi doesn't take good care of her boat.

>recreate the Alice and user in bed picture for Meaningful Discussions
Which picture?

>Komachi always demands those she guides to pay all the money they have, and anyone who hesitates to pay the full sum is dropped into the river midway through the journey.
>Also, wealth in the other world is not the same thing as wealth in the present world. Humans cannot bring their fortune from this world to the next when they die. That is why it seems the amount paid is determined by other factors. From here on, the calculations take into account factors such as the histories of the deceased, where several thousand formulae are needed to solve the equation.

That's actually an interesting perspective to see it from. I just thought she was a lazy, twisted bitch (she is a shinigami, after all) who ultimately cared only for herself.

Why yes, I do think almost everyone is Gensokyo is an absolute asshole, why do you ask?

Everyone in gensokyo is pretty much an asshole, except for aunn and a couple others.

Nothing wrong with knowing the truth user. The only person who doesn't seem to be a raging asshole in gensokyo is maybe Keine, or Akyuu.

Congrats user! What are you going to do next?

I thought Nemuno was kinda nice.

Not everyone in touhou is a raging asshole, where are you getting that bullshit from? Zounose?

Well, who isn't an asshole, ignoring Aunn, Keine or Akyuu?

But 2hus in Zounose's works are nicer than their canon counterparts.

Rinnosuke save for bullying Youmu.

Remi, Meiling, Sakuya, Youmu, Yuyuko, Reisen, Mokou, Sanae, Hatate and many more

>Sakuya
>not a cold misanthrope bitch
opinion discarded.

Don't talk about my wife like that.

Not anymore since PoFV

Thanks! Uhh well I'm kind of putting off that last ISC no item spell card and I have yet to 1cc Lunatic EoSD and PCB, but I'm saving those for a nice day. I did capture most of Marisa B's Patchy spell cards and Sakuya's the other day though so that feels great, and I got to Yuyuko in an attempt once I think.

I think the achievement that I'm the closest to is that Lunatic UFO Marisa B 1cc, I got to Legendary Flying Saucer already.

Oh man I get to cross examine Sakuya.

Bingo, there's no denying she was cold before PoFV, but after there was a definite change in her character, which was the whole point.

And honestly the argument that most Touhou's are assholes kinda falls flat to me. 99% of your character encounters are your enemies, so naturally either side is not going to say nice things to each other in danmaku battles. I mean think about it, there's zero room for being nice.

Plus I think if you look at the ending screens depicting the characters not in conflict you'll see that a lot of characters are actually pretty nice once the conflict is over.

Well you can do it user! Lunatic 1cc's are entirely out of my league, the fact that you've come this far is really impressive. Good luck.

I remember him lying to Marisa so she would give him invaluable stuff (then again, it's fucking Marisa we're talking about). I don't think ripping off a friend of yours is not being an asshole, even though your friend is a bigger asshole.

Some of those people do count (Youmu, Reisen, Hatate) some are in a grey area(Meiling, Mokou, Sanae) and the rest are definitely not good.

He didn't really lie to marisa. he just didn't tell her about the worth of it.

To be fair, if she cared, she would have investigated it to start with.

Remilia gave the goblins a place to stay and work. That was pretty nice of her.

Why would Mokou, Meiling, Sanae, Yuyuko or Remi be assholes though? I feel as if your definition of asshole is someone that isn't super nice and friendly 100% of the time.

I don't think acting all nice after your sorry ass got kicked (in a play fight you decided to act all hammy in) is really being nice. But the funny thing is that I'm not the kinda guy who thinks of the characters as assholes, just their dialogues and interactions (even in the mangos) makes them at least look that way.

I guess I am mostly thinking of their way to act during incidents. Then again, I said they were assholes, not unlikable, not pure evil. You can be a jerkwad and still feel pity for someone once in a while.

I'm pretty sure witholding that sort of information is basically lying, but you do have a point. And again, it's Marisa.

At least in the mangas and print works most 2hus get expanded a bit on their personalities and they aren't as bad as you might have an idea of them, like Remi.

>I feel as if your definition of asshole is someone that isn't super nice and friendly 100% of the time.
I do suppose I'm being a bit harsh to at least half of those characters. Or maybe I'm becoming autistic and judging them like actual people.

Sanae works for Kanako but she doesn't have a choice. Mokou is actually pretty alright, Meiling just does her job. Yuyuko is actually pretty selfish, like, I seriously can't remember her being at least decent towards someone. Remi is weird, 'cause she can be pretty selfish, petty and childish but ultimately she just wants to have fun.

I am kinda dissapointed nobody mentioned Satori though.

>I do suppose I'm being a bit harsh to at least half of those characters. Or maybe I'm becoming autistic and judging them like actual people.
Actual people aren't really all assholes though, they are quite nice when you get to know them or when you don't behave like a turbo autist.
>Sanae works for Kanako but she doesn't have a choice.
How does working for Kanako makes her an asshole though? And I don't remember her being an asshole towards anyone, even if she teases Youmu she does treat her with some respect or affection.

Well, Kanako is a terrible goddess and following kindergarden logic "helping bad people is bad", then again, she doesn't have a choice.
It certainly doesn't help my perception of a character tends to be proportional to whether I'm interested on them or not, which is a pretty asshole thing to do.

Well being the giant difficulty spike that Sakuya is, I'm completely stumped on her testimony. But i'll figure it out eventually.

>Kanako is a terrible goddess
I don't want to hear any of your lies anymore

1,300 is a minimum estimate, Tewi is heavily implied to be closer to 3,000 years old through a lot of stuff she's said in side stories. She's easily one of the oldest 2hu in the whole series..

Tewi has shown her true face before now and again, her silliness is an act, she sees Reisen as a child who needs to be taught respect.

Reisen is like 30 years old tops which is like a toddler for a youkai but acts all haughty. Even Eirin canonically considers Tewi the true boss of Eientei.

Wew finally did it.

Reisen ran away during the human invasion to the moon right? So Reisen is more than 50 years old.

Sleep well

>ywn have a mass debate with Aya
Why live

Well, she's at least 48 years old, since she left the moon in '69, how old she was before then is unknown.

Yesterday's runs were either terrible or had terrible chokes in them, I didn't even have the energy to report them. In the best one yesterday, I went into stage 3 without even losing one life in the previous ones or bomb them, but somehow managed to gameover in it, not even reaching stage 4.

However, today was different.
Today, after the usual amount of resets, death and bombs, I managed to reach stage 5 in a fucking 1cc run!
UP TO CAT'S ERRATIC STEP FOR THAT MATTER. But died there, naturally. Fuck that card.

The other times that I reached stage 5, it was only because I continued in stage 4 and bombing the fuck out Satori. But now, I did in a normal run and her fight is looking more and more possible by the day.

Orin, I'm fucking coming for you!

DAS RIGHT

Stage 5 already? Congrats, once you can be Orin then Okuu it's easy picking from there.

Probably more technically accurate but the point was just that Reisen is extremely young. Hell she is one of the least static characters in the series who has developed over the years and is still growing.

>Remi is weird, 'cause she can be pretty selfish, petty and childish but ultimately she just wants to have fun.
Remi is probably one of the friendliest 2hu's in the series, she is on record as being very hospital and regularly sheltering lost humans and youkai alike. Her problem is she IS a child, kind of a chuu2 and not really capable of thinking ahead.

Well in the case of Mokou, she canonically did go full edgelord and did spend a good 300 years on a indiscriminate mass murder spree against innocents just to kill time before she got bored.

>Okuu it's easy picking from there.
Okuu was so hard for me on Normal, so much so that I had use thcrap to cheat and practice her.
Her spellcards, bar her third one, are brutal to dodge and I can't even count how many lives I lost to Hell's Artificial Sun, her last one.
I usually don't remember spellcard names, but the one's I do remember always left some kind of impact. Hell's Artificial Sun is one of them and for a good reason.

So, in my head, Orin and Okuu are equals in terms of strength.

I did get the feeling she had done that, but I didn't remember where it's stated, so I refrained from mentioning it because I thought it was from a doujin.

Just so you know, in Hard and above it's called Subterranean Sun. More on track with what you're talking about, good luck, keep at it and you'll eventually succeed.

>Against innocents
The only innocent person she killed was that guard she took the elixir from and she regretted it really hard she even dedicated him a spellcard.