/acg/ - Armored Core General

Dead times edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

breakarts2.info/trial.html#en
imgur.com/a/BRPZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

I can't defeat Magnolia in mission 9 with a lightweight biped sniper. Should I feel bad about myself, or can you help me feel better by telling me it's a bad match up?

I've cleared the mission with an S already by one shotting her with Moonlights (both phases) and then using battle rifles on the Corp things. Just doing this as a silly challenge.

I imagine it's a bit of an awkward fight because of all the cover. Still, it should be manageable.
For starters, a big FCS with a good lock time is going to be your best friend here. You might also want subcomputers in the shoulder to help with the lock time even more. Pick sniper rifles that have a fast lock on, but not the ones that lock super fast but have no ammo and take three years to reload.
I'd also suggest bringing a heavy to soak her sawa shots. Just make sure you don't neglect your CE defense or her HMG and missiles will rip you in half.
Wait, she uses CE missiles, right?

I'm half sure she uses CE missiles, a HMG and minisawa, and that's it.
My build is just like you described it, with wide lock, high stability, "fast" (because, really, even the fastest sniper that hits over 3k KE is slow) rifle and beowufl retrofit. The pilars fuck my mobility up (I fail to jump when I have to, and lose altitude due to collision) and break my lock.

Oh, well, guess I'll have to try harder. If I get too frustrated I'll just build something else to one shot her and get catharsis.

High firing stability*, sorry.

Well, you can try taking her to the sides of the area. There's a little bit of room between the concrete and the boundary at the sides and there's a little more space at the top and bottom. In those spaces, it's just dirt so you can dash around on the ground and shoot her without having to worry about the pillar.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

H-hey guys, so I just unearthed my PS3 which has been buried for over 4 years now and it still works.

I've got an itch to play Verdict Day, but the last one I played is ACV, and only maybe 5-10 hours at that.

I am planning to get Verdict Day and coming in as a fresh noob...

Should I get all the Parts DLCs and all the other bells and whistles (pilots, UNAC, etc.)? or am I gonna miss much by not having these downloaded?

Also what would be a good clan to join? It's downloading right now but I wanna know an active one, if there are such a thing as clans.

Thanks.

-fuccboi_sam

You don't miss anything.
I haven't stepped on the online, so I can't help you on your second question, sorry.

Ah, well, forgot to say.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay, enjoy the game, and bring forth any doubt you may have, we'll answer asap.

Don't bother with the DLC. It's 99% cosmetic. The only ones that do anything are the UNAC packs, which allow you to bring more than one custom UNAC into a World Mode match. (See below why this isn't an issue.)

As far as team stuff goes, it honestly doesn't make a difference anymore, on INT (the non-Japan server). CQ (World Mode) is dead, and that means that there is no point in having teams anymore, or as above, multiple custom UNACs. The vast majority of activity is relegated to Freebattle lobbies, which don't take teams into account at all.

If you do want to get into the team-based gameplay, which is where the real heart of the game sits, then you're going to want to import a Japanese copy, and play on the game's most populated server, where CQ is still a thing.

Parts DLC is just early unlocks. Getting your player rank to A by doing Story and finishing submissions will get you that same stuff without having to pay money.
UNAC DLC is only if you plan on taking teams of UNACs out on world mode, which there isn't much point in doing because it's dead.
Alternate soundtrack DLC is actually pretty solid.
Pilot DLC also doesn't mean much anymore because of dead game. Whenever you're shot down in a match, you're given a little character that can move around the map but can't do anything to anyone. The pilot DLCs just change what that looks like.
There are some part DLCs that give certain parts a different look. There's a free sample you can get that'll give you an idea.
Some of the DLC garages are pretty cool, but they're purely for looks.

Actually, that's a good way to sum this up. Everything except the UNACs and the part unlocks is cosmetic. The part unlock isn't worth it because you just unlock them by playing the game.

There's not really a good team to join because dead game dead server.

>after hours of sweating blood, I manage to S rank J, though missing the time sub mission
>then I give it a try with an autocannon UNAC
>S rank it in less than two minutes.

Hahahaha what the fuck.

The moral of the story is to never ever EVER have less than 1300 KE defense.

Oh, my defenses were alright, what I was missing was the ability to stick close to him long enough so I could get a solid lock on.
I mostly ended up getting too fucked up by the damaging aura of the second face rather than beat by missiles and shots.

No, I meant J. He has less than 1300 KE and he gets raped sideways by autocannons.
Learn from his mistakes.

Either way you'll end up being melted by HMG or PMG, so I think I learned nothing.
And what I've learned by fighting that UNAC is that it takes it less than a second to chunk over 2k ap if my KE is average.

Autocannon tanks truly are the form God takes when he decides to roam the Earth.

Greetings lapdogs. I hope you aren't a follower of the false face. If so, I'll have to kill you.

bump.

That reminds me I haven't S ranked that on hard, thanks.

I remember that when using a UNAC, the poor thing always lured and tanked J's AA on it, saving me time from avoiding that and focus more on kill him, the first part became really easy thanks to that.

Is Nexus the highpoint in ost?

>the highpoint in ost?

I always have a hard time with these type of questions, is soo hard to take a pick.

Yes.

Just say which songs you really like, no pressure

What are your guys hopes and dreams for AC6?

just being one is enough at this point.

that's the point, there is too many.

Just as dead as I expected it to be

What is dead may never die

bump

Post webms

My favorite webm I've made.

That it exists

I have the feeling that most people that complain that 5th gen is unplayable just didn't really try.
I even read some complaining that you can't even fly lol
I at least have the most fun piloting those ACs

Hello /acg/, Break Arts 2 got a trial for its mech customizer, check it out: breakarts2.info/trial.html#en

This is fairly accurate. Anyone who hates 5th gen sucks at it.

I have yet to be proven wrong on this.

>TIPS
>squigglesquigglesquigglesquigglesquigglesquigglesquiggle
Well all righty then. Guess I just don't get to know all the hot protips.

On point.

So is there only one torso and one leg unit? I'd really like to change those, but it looks like the presets all use the same legs and I'm not seeing a way to change it.

Okay, one more contentless bump, I'm almost finished with BEEFCAKE MCHUGEDICK. You bums better be making things, too.

It's perfect.
imgur.com/a/BRPZM

Requesting the AC4/FA vs ACV pic

This one?

Am I the only one who thinks fA looks bland and VD looks nice enough?

Yeah thanks.

I have to admit, the CG intros from AC3 onward, have held up really well over the years.

nice

The Aaliyah could very well be the best looking NEXT, yet the fucking spoiler gives it a strange shilouette from behind

bump

ugliest Heavy ever.

Don't try to sell me that lie

but is a fact.

Thanks for the art but I respectfully disagree

bump

I actually like the design since it's so different. Pretty hipster of me though desu.

by tha logic alone, that means you are X-SOBRERO #1 fanboy.

I'm not denying this.

Anyone else with more confessions?

I actually like the Lancel

>aaaAAAAAAAAAA

Is the only thing I can think of when I see it.

who?

Hogire's square brother