/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

What armor is the top left slut wearing?

Seregios for World!

teostra

Barioth for World! (With Tri Tundra bgm as its theme)

What is Handler good at handling?

Do we like Stories?

My heart.

>I can use MSPaint

The better question is, do I like Stories?

Huntresses

>we

No

My pucker tail of course

>wuz

Will you be using your Palico in MHW /mhg/?

Whats his name again?

>hunters

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

>wyverns

Ooga booga where the barioth girls at?

Me on the right

what the fuck is wrong with Mewostress' ears? They go lower than her jaw

Wyverian genetics.

little slut

If there's Stealing available as a skill, yes

>room of real beginners who don't know what they are doing with zero armor skills
>g1 cheaters in fatalis armor joining everytime
This is sad.

>Dripping on your clothes
Slob.

Just put restrictions

If he's taking about 4u you can't.

Gen really upgraded the matchmaking system. Why you couldn't put messages on rooms before I'll never know.

What game?

Are you on 4U and need help?
I'm just about to call it quits on trying Master's Challenge if you need someone.

Nah I'll just play solo at worse. Just wanted to see if I could help some newbies on the way.

How much true raw is ~150 inflated raw worth in 4u?
I've got a GS with 1104/20% and another with 1248/0% and need to pick which one to polish.

I'm very ignorant of the fake raw values in this game since it's been so long since I've last touched it.

Just a heads up, im gonna be daily posting on here when MHW comes out. And i have not played a single game before, i dont even know anything other than you can hunt monsters.

Remember not to get yourself drunk before embarking on a quest, you might suffer some ill-effects.

google mh4u weapon modifier

Gaijin "This Meme Isn't Funny Enough To Spam Every Thread With It" Hunter

I'll be looking forward to it.

Gammoth armor catloli is cute

I make the same thing. I mean, join at HR or early GR rooms to bring some help. It's kinda sad when randoms asking you for custom quests or some stuff. Or when they stay in another area meanwhile you do all the job and they come just to carve the monster.

What is monster hunter without the spirit of cooperation? Ask for help and I'll oblige!

See you in a while then boys.

is that an actual game?

Why havent you pre ordered the collector yet? what are you waiting?

Been there, done that.

>tfw rushed to pre order on PSN the day it came out
>forgot that stores here frequently break street dates and that i could probably pick up the games a few days earlier
>remembered that last week
>can't refund pre orders anymore
FUG

>eventually PC.
JUST

September 2019

Apparently some french website had an interview running and in it they mentioned that
1) Prancing is still in the game
2) PC port progress is coming along nicely

and then some other thing said that they're not working on PC until the game's done.

In short i have no fucking idea what's going on.

>Prancing
Why would anyone think best gesture would be removed?

it wasn't shown in demo footage up to this point, so people were worried, I guess.

yeah, darn those americans who stole the MH IP oh wait its the same fucking people making the same game why wouldnt it be in

it's nice to have a confirmation user why are you getting mad at me

>positioning and memorizing patterns barely matters anymore
>healing while running
>cannot just evade out of attack recovery animations (since MH3U) now but also evade out of Gun lance shell recovery
>can even dodge out of a Great Sword charge attack buildup with hyper armor (considerably reduced damage when hit)
>even literal iframe attacks (foresight slash of Long Sword, for example)
>even more anime moves and mobility (weapons have been given special dodge moves, hyper armor, grappling hook, basically flying with Insect Glaive and attacking from all angles while monsters are clawing thin air
>permanent lock-on
>casualized weapon mechanics in general (Heavy and Light Bowguns have infinite special ammo, Hunting Horn songs are stored to be played anytime, notes needed for songs on screen at all times)
>almost no blood (literally dust and pebbles instead) but damage numbers that tell you everything and ruin the whole kinesthetic element of the franchise ("learning by doing" and helping each other)
>weapons barely dull, even when bouncing off
>"epic" cinematic monster fights that deal more damage than you and cinematic environmental traps everywhere
>odds are people online will always lure the monsters to those traps and vanilla Monster Hunter combat will be almost impossible
>no more iconic turn (some people say it's more challenging this way, but it's actually easier because monsters telegraph their next attack while still turning around now)
>westernized and more anime shit at the same time
>over-the-shoulder shooter influences
>machine gun like shots

How ticklish is Fatalis?

Go home /v/.

They are working on it, the hardest about the PC port is the server set up.

But i did already.

>extremely jittery and unpolished animations
>even more annoying vertical environments that a) are the the biggest reason the animations look so terrible, b) no one asked for (except casuals so they can have their stupid jump attacks) and b) add absolutely nothing to the core combat and just sabotage you when using weapons that require more precision (Hammer, Gun Lance)
>no more Blademaster and Gunner armor distinction (basically run around with a full Diablos or Uragaan Blademaster armor while carrying a tiny wooden bow now)
>any number of points activates an effect, not just at the 10/15/20 thresholds (probably because of all the casuals online without any active armor skills but one or two points in 20 different skills)
>no negative skills
>free traps, (flash)bugs etc. everywhere and farcaster that can be used anytime as long as you're not near the monster
>changing equipment mid-hunt and even refilling potions and any other item without any(!) consequences
>little monster damage
>voice acting and flies telling you where to go and what to do
>prompts on screens show you combos, sharpness state of your weapon and even when to capture a monster (again, experience is less important in this game)
>weapons have a greater range
>despite healing while walking and more mobility, monsters are slower than ever before (compare Diablos or Barroth with Tri Diablos or Tri Barroth)
>open world/walking simulator meme instead of zones
>probably paid DLC and holding back fan favorites like Zinogre, Deviljho and Rajang for the paid G Rank (and it probably won't be a physical copy so you can't even sell the original and save money)

>inb4 W-world will be perfect!!! F-fuck you!!!

>literally just describing the game
>doesn't know how to construct criticism

Go back to /v/, nerd

sorry to everyone for spamming this on shit tier bait
B I N G

Fuck off Dos poster

>open world/walking simulator meme instead of zones
>complaining that there aren't loading screens

is that from the french article?

>types this while posting a /v/ tier image

perfect response

>fan favorites like Zinogre

>/v/ tier
>is from /a/

exactly

>/a/ is /v/ tier
Is everything (You) don't like "vee tier"?

>tfw these posts are BTFO'ing the Crapcom shills on /v/
God I can't wait for World to flop

They're bottom-tier boards, how hard is it for you to grasp that?

So everything you don't like is bottom tier, got it.

Not really

Like 3 different french interviews.

Pretty much, I bet you go to nu-Veeky Forums or some dead board and think you're l33t

That's some weird projection.
I don't understand your replies unless you're trying to say that you disagree that those two boards aren't pure garbage and are mad about my opinion about them.

I disagree with your opinions because they're wrong
partially

/a/ is not a bottom tier board, fuck off

I was able to try out the demo.

The whole tracking insect is useless and boring shit, literally had to spend more than 5 minutes to do that crap in a quest with a 15 mins time limit.
They somehow managed to make the camera worse, fighting with SnS was pure fucking hell. Vertical combat is more annoying because of so many sliding terrains, you gotta spend even more time waiting for the monster to actually move on a decent terrain.
The biggest complain however was the whole "monster changes areas" bullshit, the monster crap drags his ass on so many long corridors and you can only just stay behind him doing suboptimal damage unless you want to fight him in a super tight spot. I seriously hope fliers will just teleport and be done with it.
Basically: fuck the entire "lol realistic hunting experience", it doesn't mix with monhun core gameplay at fucking all and just feels forced as hell.
Besides that: it's good for now, hope quests will be good and the monster rooster not so small like in tri.

There's no need to sperg out about it.
Wrong.

sead doesn't do less damage with yellow instead of red shield right? It's the same buff in 4U

You're the one who started sperging about it and don't forget that you're on Veeky Forums, where most posters are autistic enough to continue arguing with you call your opinions shit

Prove literally any of it wrong. You can't. World will be shit and you faggots refuse to admit it.

>The biggest complain however was the whole "monster changes areas" bullshit, the monster crap drags his ass on so many long corridors and you can only just stay behind him doing suboptimal damage unless you want to fight him in a super tight spot. I seriously hope fliers will just teleport and be done with it.
That's what I've been saying since the beginning, people yelled at zones and loading screens and considered "seemless transition" as their lord and saviour, but at least the monsters don't drag ass for 30 seconds between zones.

Wrong.

Like, half those comments called you out for just listing facts with no context or comment. You being wrong isn't the problem, in fact you are factually correct. The problem is you didn't communicate any ideas. Literally shitposting

Anyone with a brain knew zones were better than open-world, open world isn't something you can just slap to literally any game.

>MHW
>open-world
RETARD ALERT

(You) were already proven wrong a billion times, even in the very /v/ thread that you came from, dumbass
Jesus Christ, why are we literally copying posts from that thread now?

Imagine being this guy, spending his day shitposting about a franchise he doesn't like for people who don't care about what he says.

Try to not have a stroke when I get my hands on World and have fun with it

It's not open-world per se, but you very well understood what he meant

>people actually defending zones

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug