/wtg/ - War Thunder General

you're retarded if you defend the is-6 edition

Previous thread: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

IS-6 is not that good

>Fly G.55S
>Win
>Shoot down 5 people in one ammo load and have 200 rounds left over
>Enemy team is asshurt because I offer to let them bail out before I kill them
>Do so well that someone on my team adds me and tells me how awesome I am

He can't keep getting away with it. This plane is a fucking joke. Barely trying with it and I have managed 6 kills per death or something.

Its not even that good lol. People just try to turnfight it when they really don't need too, they can just run away if they want to

I want to diversify my nations jets

should I go teeb and get this or what

It seems to retain energy and gain on people really well and normally has an altitude advantage.

looking for some really good clans such as RDDT

RB Bomber user here. I just torpedoed two light cruisers, I feel like I'm back in the saddle.

RFUSE

>tfw no E-100

if you're good yes
if not no

i'll ask it again
does this mean i placed or am i mistaken
>inb4 next month half the winners are banned for hacking

What's this guy's name?

The breadbomber

you only got 168 rating, the top 200 are 1000+

well there goes that

Why do Pz. II DAKs keep penning me through my gun mantlets?

>In January 1997, the government of the Russian Federation, acting as the legal successor to the Soviet Union, exonerated Hartmann by admitting that his conviction for war crimes was unlawful.
Gaijin, however, disagrees with the sentiment.

Hartmann's only crime was not killing enough Slavs.

so should I skip the first mig15 and go straight for the 15bis? I'm afraid that the performance difference is too big to enjoy the first 15, similar to how garbage the mig9 is compared to the 9L

All the migs are derpy little birds that do what they're not actually supposed to be able to do. just dont try to chase down sabres like a fucking idiot and learn 2 aim the slow fucking cannons

>G55S gets people 6 kills per death, my F-84G manages 10 per death
>all these planes are known for beaing easy and overpowered with 70% to 80% win ratios
>and then there's people complaining about the french premium saying its a bad plane
idk what problems people have with this thing, its perfect for fighting 5.7 luftwaffe teams

Regular MiG-15 is really, really bad and will make you want to kill yourself.

Bis is not as bad and can be fun sometimes if your team doesn't disintegrate in 5 minutes. Blowing a stalled out Sabre into a million pieces never gets old.

>mfw canadair 13 faggots bitch about the french planes because they cant out run them like everything else

>the IS-6 is not that good

Will Gaijin add any other air tech trees in the future?

>all migs are derpy birds that don't do what they're supposed to do
what did you mean by this

despite the meme that they cant maneuver at high speed they actually can. and you can make a 13g at 900 kph

Poland
Sweden
Maybe Spain
Though those are stretching it and there would only be a handful of original vehicles, mostly pre and post war.

>instant g-lock

france is already stretching it with a handful of original vehicles. the italian tree had 2 non-italian planes, the french one has 8.

where the fuck is my aerfer sagittario gaijin? why do france get 5 jets and italy just 3? reggiane 2002 and 2005 fucking when?

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

>delete premium king tiger's gunner
>he still turns turret and shoots me
really makes you hmm

FACT: RU 251 and IS-6 players are non-whites

wtf germany is overpowered time to nerf

Should I get the 190 d-13, or the g55s?

>E-100
>good

is there any way to beat the SO8000 as a german fighter? they're always loitering at low altitude

Kill everyone in his team then dive to collect your free rp

Weapon maintenance has a strong effect on bomb dispersion post-drop. You only need a 500 lb bomb to kill a light pillbox and you can even miss a little bit, but if you have no weapon maintenance and don't have the expert crew and you're trying to bomb from high altitude you'll never get close enough to destroy it thanks to the dispersion.
Bombing moving targets from anything other than near ground level is effectively impossible.

SO.8000 acts like it's made out of paper user, hit it with the 20mm and the wing will snap off no problem. Just boom and zoom and they can't touch you.

>shoot T-62 in the turret face with heat and optics delete it
xD

shan ran ran no

There's no "k", it's just "LOC".

Just call it what it is. It's easy mode.

G55 is more meta right now, but I have a soft spot for the D13 as it was the first premium I ever had. It's the best long nose non-Ta Fw.

I blame asshurt spitniggers who are shocked that they can't just flail their mouse around and out maneuver any axis plane they want.

Supersonic soon?

>G55 is more meta right now
what do you mean?

Also which grinds faster in terms of sheer RP volume? I want to get a second country with jets, but germany is taking way too damn long and kinda boring to grind with the he219 (no premium account tho)

are there any planes (mig 17, hunter), which can actually break the sound barrier in a high dive (be it with or without breaking wings)

of course not comrade))))))
no skill required comrade))))

Hunter and 17 can do it in the level. It's not like anything happens, the mach number in the data API thing just ticks over 1.0.

Object 906s have meme armor I swear to god

>nothing happens
lame

>plane doesn't have WEP

REMOVE SHELLS FROM BREECH FUCKING WHEN
WHEN
WHEN
WHEN

diminutive
tribal
corporation
)))

What do you want to happen? In real life the mach pole just ticks over the 1.0 mark on the meter, you can't hear your own boom.

I have to fucking load HEAT to attempt to face this constant horde of is-6 subhumans and when I have to fucking shoot at some obj 906 or 120 nigger, I can't fucking delete him with HEAT because of his paper thin armor making it absolutely useless and he'll just fucking turn his turret (despite crew being missing) and nuke me

If you're viewing from the outside, you should hear a boom, then afterwards not hear your engine anymore

wat

>k/d only dips whenever I play against the IS-6
hmm

>teammate can't kill a moron who stalled while helicoptering
>kill said moron
>teammate screeches about kill stealing

>lying through your teeth
Mg 151's and Mk 108's spark for days

>tiger II sla lights me on fire
>i burn down before I can even react
pay to not grind not pay to win tovarish

+1 GE

>naziboos cry about rockets doing too much damage to them
>they get nerfed
>horten HVAP gets nerfed
>naziboos cry

>what do you mean?
G55 is in a better place BRwise than the D13. With a full downtier you face Hellcats and Il-2s while the worst you're going to face is the high tier Yaks, La-7Bs, and the F4U-4s. With the D13 you'll be facing the best props in the game and at best Mustangs. In fact the D13 and the G55S aren't even in the same BR bracket.
>which grinds faster in terms of sheer volume of RP?
So technically the D13 wins just based on its point modifier (416% (or 516% with premium) vs 462% (362%)) but I tend to do better in the G55S vs enemies (more kills and shit) compared to the D13 thus netting more total RP.

what's this shill's endgame

>jew
>complaining about germany

it's kind of like they almost go hand-in-hand

>IS-6 shoots my once and I die
wtf russia is overpowered time to nerf

>being bad
>not being good

>slavboo has no argument so he apes human speech

>t34 removes my ru251
wtf america is overpowered time to nerf

You screen cap instead of taking picture with your phone

>deploy flaps in 190 anton
>can turn with spits, almost unrippable
>deploy flaps in dora
>turn barely better while making shittons of drag and ripping easily
what did gaijin mean by this?

wtf british is overpowered time to nerf

Am I understanding this correctly:

The G.91 can get to 1000+km/hr and rip its wings apart using only the force of its own engine. Does that mean that the engine is producing enough force to produce speeds that can destroy the plane's airframe? Is that even possible/why would they make a plane that can rip itself apart without even diving?

well shit I'm too lazy to fly highest tier props and try hard. Are there any other German planes that would grind the shit out of tier 5 for me?

I might actually buy the g55s then. Does the torpedo actually come in handy?

>Wonder what to do with the 500 Extra Good Goy birbs
>75% off German P-47D
Well alright then, this is happening.
What am I in for?

handhold

Why do these disgusting slavs and krauts do nothing but AF camp? is it in their dna?

The I-29 is bretty gud for a rank 1 fighter.

The grind for it was absolute ass though.

Oooh, frutata

>yfw your gunner being knocked out, forcing you to wait to shoot is all bullshit
just got shot which knocked out my gunner, getting shot again knocked out my gunner again but it never reset the timer for the first time

>Chasing last alive frogbox in my D-13
>For nearly five fucking minutes
>Get within firing range
>Partylikeits1940.jpeg
>Fucker does some S I C C moves and headons some shitter miles behind me
>Both turn into flaming wrecks
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One of the better things with /wtg/ is not having to deal with Chicoms, yet.

Fuck those cunts.

just flank bro lol

Reminder that neither the IS-6, nor it's 40$ counterparts, provides ANY kind of advantage.

>chinese outline includes taiwan
RIGHTFUL

>The grind for it
what grind? just don't be shit and it's a cakewalk

Serious question why does the tiger 2's breech ALWAYS light on fire, Im yet to see the same effect on any of my opponents

I kept getting put into fights at twice my BR because lol gaijin can't into matchmaking. Didn't help that I kept getting stuck with teams filled with retards who didn't understand turn fighting, energy, or even basic War Thunder 101.

>mfw I cap two points for my team and they promptly lose them while I'm respawning
>mfw I try to carry domination matches but have shit teammates who all go after 1 four-engine bomber hanging out near our spawn while the enemy captures all the cap points
>mfw I have no face

>twice my BR

is your BR 1.0?