/hat/ - A Hat in Time General

Best Outfit Edition

>Latest News
The console releases have supposedly been pushed back to Spring 2018.

>FAQ
pastebin.com/07c1tSuE

>Modding Guides
To play mods, go to properties on the game and opt into the modding beta (currently steam only, GOG soon™). A mod option will appear at the bottom of the pause menu if it's working.
If you want to start using the modding tools, download the Hat in Time editor from the "Tools" section of steam library.
Beginner UDK Tutorial! - youtube.com/watch?v=9KsLbUYwF70
Importing Assets! - youtube.com/watch?v=me8ARBf6wHU
Dyes! - youtube.com/watch?v=19FMpNtN0pw
Hats! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/2-how-to-make-a-new-hat/
Dialogue! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/15-creating-custom-dialogs/
Language Packs? - youtube.com/watch?v=7MUe1HVmX8E
Console Commands! - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163274530

>Art Rips (Shouldn't look at these til you beat the game)
Subcon/Vanessa Manor - mediafire.com/file/ajcm6b5ib5fmfns/
Hub - mediafire.com/file/668r6yp9ln7jkwn/
Dead Bird - mediafire.com/file/vet0538dbs5kj5r/

>Other Links
Official Manual - hatintime.com/public/AHatinTime_Manual_Official.pdf
Diary Entries - pastebin.com/mNyPzbrM
Official OST (MP3): mega.nz/#F!4GQggJjA!-S4M9tawFGHBdjjbVBGOIQ
Ripped OST (Ogg, has more tracks not in the official one): mega.nz/#!Qn5XiZpK!Qxunhpru1y9d5QMRMvydUHqJzv-PNOs7mgearp4Mcl8

>Official Discord
discord.gg/H4Kpkh6

>Previous Hat:

-
>Talk About Modding
>Post Modding

Other urls found in this thread:

support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us
youtube.com/watch?v=sxGoQyKruH0
lakilolom01.tumblr.com/image/167144789006
vocaroo.com/i/s0Dfaf4S1ivQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is she so smug?

more lewd hat kid

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone has noticed any questions that get asked a lot let me know and I'll add them to the FAQ so that people can just ignore it and continue to ask them here, I just took a couple of the most common questions I've seen in the last 2 threads

you need to add that camera badge only works with steam

can piratefags use mods somehow?

that's good, are we sure they don't show up in a folder somewhere?

that depends on how the GOG version will handle mods

I can't believe hatkid is fucking dead

just so you know

there is a screenshot folder but they don't appear there
i guess they plan to make a non-steam screenshot option but it's not in the game yet

well, shit, I wish I'd caught that sooner

that's good though

I'm repeating my question from the last thread.
Does anyone know what's up with the line in Subcon Forest that doesn't seem to lead anywhere?

to the user who made the new thread

Ty qt

oh thank fuck

I was unironically on suicide watch because of this typo. Fact check your shit Meku. hype though.

reminder that until we get all 60 time pieces hatkid dies on her way back home

unironically delete this

my pleasure

Winter starts in December

Clocks ticking

guys what if the co op character

is the Roomba?

This is the only logical choice.

I'm at a loss on what it could be, user. I've tried ghosting around it, above it, in it, below it, went on another file that had nearly nothing done with it & even looked around in the unused Mustache Girl section but can't find anything worth of interest in the area. Maybe it's a left over from an earlier build of the level, was apart of a unused mission or maybe something test related? The former 2 ideas make sense to me anyway since there's a platform above where the line ends but nothing is on it & there's no way to get to said platform through normal gameplay I believe.

Nice research.

bully the mafia!

Pour lava in Mafia's town!

exactly

They said they patched in the Backer-exclusive hat, someone here must have it.

lads if we don't get piggybacks, patty cake, and handholding in co-op I'm going to ree loudly, like a real, loud ree. It'll be really annoying and you'll be like "don't do that" and I'll just keep going

Record it on a greeting card and mail it to Gears For Breakfast

Just the thought that there's more of this game coming makes me so happy.

just let them know on the discord

Well in a interview Jonas did mention the idea of one of the travellers being a co-op partner was floating around the office.

REEE GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU EGG STEALING LITTLE SHIT

I KNOW IT'S YOU REEEE
gonna call spyro on your ass

i wanna tweet my art at their twittler but Im scared for some reason lol?? Should I just not? Maybe its an annoying thing to do.

Do it pussy you won't.

share it here first

You're right, I probably wont. Made this twitter for nothing haha.
I have been. Mostly tagged as spoilers with no text so nobody will notice them, but still!

show me right fucking now or I'm going to reee

we're all bros here user, don't be silly

/hat/ is comfy town, share it

well, I mean, I made that so...
I also just made this, just now, cause I like imagining how the not canon backstory would have looked or some nonsense.

did you make the anti shit post picture from last thread?

all this art and the art you posted is top tier, there's your little confidence boost you needed, now if I don't see this shit plastered on there mainline twitter I know you chickened out and you didn't let down me, or yourself

you let down us, /hat/ rep /hat/ user

THE LORE IS REAL TO ME GOD DAMN IT, IT'S REAL TO ME!

nah I didnt make that.
I also drew a lame and crummy comic about Snatcher and Vanessa being shitty to eachother post break up
I dunno I just get nervous about this kind of thing. And I dont know if I should just tweet them the piggyback or some other cute thing or if I should go for it and tweet them my renditions of the 'fake' lore stuff.

Both

yeah but I mean then I dont even know what to say, Do I just say "giv piggyback function also lore pls" or do I be like quiet and just post the drawrings orrrr.. its a lot to think about. I dont wanna look dumb or offend or aggravate

>We will never get a duel between a Time-Piece powered Hat Kid and Queen Vanessa

lol what the fuck? A Hat in Time help centre just announced, neat.

support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us

GFB put up an official FAQ

looks like the supporter hat is indeed just a skin, anyone have images of it yet?

also look how fucking neat this plush is

sorry, what questions are people asking...? little confused. what could you possible ask, pc problems or..? modding tools?

That's fan-made? Pecking perfect!

I hope Gears teams up with like, Fangamer or some other such merch site and put out official stuff at some point.

As for questions, so far it's stuff like losing their save file, if/how they can get the Backer hat, the minimum system requirements, etc.

There should of been a collectors edition, with all neat stuff. Would of been amazing.

Completely different subject.

Console release must be soon.. right? Getting closer and closer to the end of fall, they're going to release it on the last day of fall, I can feel it.

Those god damned cats are so nasty. How do I effectively hit them? Even the witch hat can't do anything to them at long range. I guess they have to be visible to be hit?

jump and x, son

their attacks are on timers, you can predict when they're about to strike and can see their camouflage enough to see their movements.

My strategy is to jump when they get close and spam the attack button to do a homing attack as soon as they appear. They are total bullshit, though. There's no way to avoid their initial attack aside from getting out of their movement range before they reach you.

I feel like it would've been a nice feature to let you use the dweller mask to attack them any time, but alas

Don't complain. At least you don't have to deal with fucking Melynxes while trying to bring down a fire-breathing wyvern.

trick or treat mother fucker

Teaching Hat Kid how to french kiss!

Didn't they already announce it for Q1 or Q2 2018?

There was a typo that said it would happen then, but then this happened

you can use your potions right when they appear

Hat Kid wearing a pope hat and driving the popemobile (she's "borrowing" it)

Oh nice

this shouldn't of made me lel but it did

What special abilities does the Pope hat give Hat Kid?

Raising demons from the subcon forrest to follow you and take care of pesky enemies that cheapshot you... like cats and elvisbirbs.

user who posted the antishitpost pic last thread

It was an edit from a comic I saw on the ahit steam community page

This

youtube.com/watch?v=sxGoQyKruH0

Hat

Why are hat threads so comfy?

>Puella want up
How do you respond?

Pick her up of course. Then take her to In and Out Burger

lakilolom01.tumblr.com/image/167144789006

Hat Kid has concerns about the safety of this movie's practical effects.

I knew a port that's coming out half a year sounds off

First time making a map sure is hard . The dev's tutorial didn't help much either.

you can do it user

>2 days with no new workshop levels

These things, user. They take time.

your game is getting bashed on /v/

>He said, about every game ever

Hat Kid is for lewding.

what game isn't, qt?

she is for protecting, user

vocaroo.com/i/s0Dfaf4S1ivQ

>tfw know the link off my heart

Did that shy user post his art to the official Twitter? or did you chicken out

if you did, post more here, we liked it. Moar loar.

I loved all the boss fights, but I feel that there should have been stronger incentives for the Mafia boss and Snatcher on why they want to keep the Time Piece(s) instead of "it landed on my property, so it's mine". It made sense for DJ Grooves, Conductor, and Mustache Girl wanting to keep the Time Piece(s) because of their own selfish reasons but at the same time making Hat Kid herself a partially self-absorbed individual herself for not even sparing a single Time Piece for them.

You know, if defense of Hat kid... they are HER Time Pieces. It isn't like she is stealing them or something. Maybe she knows that the Time Pieces are for a much more needed purpose then the trivial ones of the people of that world.

I think it might have been a bit more understandable if Hat Kid talked, to explain ‘no, doing that totally creates universe-busting paradoxes’ or something.

>The console releases have supposedly been pushed back to Spring 2018.
nnnnnNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

look at

>caring about the console releases this much
Why?

>it was all a dream ending
you'll be seeing my negative steam review soon

But it wasn't a dream! She crafted those dolls/action figures after her adventure concluded and she set her ship off in the right direction. That's probably like a week into her departure after she took out all of her sexual frustration. A month of pent up estrogen is one helluvah drug.

comfy is an excuse for slow, dying threads

It's not a dream.

Even if it was a dream, it would of been okay. Cuteish cus it fits with the ending. still glad it isn't though.

i'm still giving it a negative review because it's kind of bland compared to dark souls 2

where the fuck is the dark souls 2 copy pasta

Compared to Dark Souls 2, it's a pretty underwhelming game.
Unlike this game, Dark Souls 2 has combat and boss fights that are really intense whereas the majority of the time you can one shot enemies with a single umbrella attack and easily dodge projectiles because of given enough time. To further add onto gameplay, the stealth system is absolutely terrible and broken. You can literally sprint next to guards and they won’t even notice you. However in Dark Souls 2, you can sneak up on enemies and use the element of surprise to attack them from behind.
The movement is very unrealistic and detached to the real world (double jumping, wall jumping, very far dives which can be chained into a longer dive). It should have followed Dark Souls 2's movement and pacing (realistic rolling and surreal fantasy animation). The storyline in this game is childish and the lore is incredibly inconsistent. As an adult male individual who has a job, I found it ridiculous that the Mafia (notorious gang known for many criminal deeds and illegal activities) cannot be beaten by a 10 year old girl equipped with a mere umbrella, how is that suppose to make any sense? Why is it that there were never spyglasses in the spaceship beforehand when the game starts? How can space crack the code to the safe and vacuum out all of the time pieces from the start? Why was there no safety airlock system to prevent this from happening? The game continues to ridicule me as if I was an infant - which I am not mind you, I am an adult male with a job - and doesn’t stick to its lore. Contrarily in Dark Souls 2, the lore is very consistent and the storyline is very interesting for fellow employed men like me. Overall, this game is something I cannot recommend for it is absolutely nothing in the slightest similar to Dark Souls 2 and doesn’t even bother having familiar traits of it.