>steam store page
store.steampowered.com/app/219990

>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>here's the updated resist reduction doc, put it in the OP next time pls
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/D2pJQopZ
grimtools.com/db/items/11192
grimtools.com/db/items/11197
grimtools.com/db/items/8167
grimtools.com/calc/YNnMA4wZ
grimtools.com/calc/DV9nG6QZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope Grim Dawn 2 has better mod compatiblity

And better modding tools desu

>still no qt aetherial wifi

>you'll never view the contents of the aethernet

>proc

Stormcaller or Conviction for ranged lightning Vindi?

You're going for Ultos' set? I'd say Stormcaller.

Elemental damage means it does fire cold lightning at once?

if you have a flat 9 elemental damage, it will be split equally, aka 3 fire, 3 cold, 3 lightning

Raw elemental damage is split between the 3
+%elemental damage boosts the 3 equally

What's a fun HC build to do? Currently doing AIDSmancer but not sure how much longer I'll go without dying.

>cant join kymons chosen if you're a necromancer
neat
rip aether augments

>Everything goes to shit because you get possessed by an Aetherial
>Go Arcanist
>Max Arcanist
>Proceed to get possessed by an Aetherial

I
WILL
NEVER
LEARN

Any of you guys trade or everyone here go full SSF?

>go Arcanist/Occultist
>the aetherial leaves your body again since you commune with the Eldritch
genius

what even is the lore implications of MC using Vit/Aether or Chaos/Aether

you're using the two primary powers of creatures that hate one another and should by all means conflict

Meme magic

what's a good build for a traditional 'caster' type character?

>be playing a dw vitality cadence autoattacker
>every 1h weapon has negative dps
>every 2h weapon has over 500+ positive sheet dps

i'm honestly considering getting Kraken and just going 2h to see if it's really stronger

here's my build btw grimtools.com/calc/D2pJQopZ

sheet dps is a terrible way to calculate damage. If you don't have attacks speed on a weapon, any weapon with attack speed will show as positive, even if everything else is worse. 2h weapons pretty much always show as a dps boost over 1h weapons. Don't make decisions based on sheet dps ever.

I wish the stash had a search function, so i could find components with bigger ease.

lol ur not getting kraken anyways what r u a scrub nub lol

you're a special kind of retarded, aren't you

>be chillin' with my cadence build
>get enough soldier points to unlock Blade Arc
>try it out for the 1st time just to check how it feels
>just 1 point and i kill everything much faster than with Cadence

i'm in love
let's for how long this will last

>lore implications
what even is the lore implications of MC using SHITTY BUILD?

Just fought Kupacabra for the first time, and I have to say that he's much easier than Grava'thul, but incredibly fucking tedious.

Can't facetank him because he'll just heal to full in his bloody piss pools, so as a melee build, you're forced to hit and run the whole fight.

>run in circles
>avoid shit pools
>blitz/primal strike
>repeat for a long time
>eventually dies

Is there any gear that gives a tanky pet for a glass cannon caster? Just looking for something to hold some aggro and soak up damage.

Interesting ARPG thread on /v/ I need to replay Diablo 2 sometime.

Yeah Kupacabra is just an enduring asshole but his damage output is not absurd if you didn't fuck up your build.

So, /gdg/, redpill me on Barrowholm

Do i go friendly with them so i can summon & kill The Ravager or do i go unfriendly with them so i can unlock their Nemesis? I'm not sure which one will have better loot or will be more fun to fight.

I don't understand very well these Cannibals on the expansion content.

If they're cannibals, why don't they just eat themselves?

And what the fuck are Wendigos? Cannibals 2.0?

Any recommendations for a 2nd class to go along with inquisitor? I kinda like the idea of an inquisitor/necro or occultist but I'm not sure how well that would work.

>have 2 literally equal weapons
>dps sheet says this green weapon is better than one but not the other

what the flying fuck?

There's little reason to fight Barrowholm. You should only do it if you absolutely don't need any of their augments. The only thing you get from fighting them is the opportunity to farm Reaper's Leggings and Legguards. If you don't need them, don't fight them. You can just farm it on a different character if you need both for a character.

grimtools.com/db/items/11192
grimtools.com/db/items/11197

>+614 Health
>+3 to Squad Tactics

holy shit son, i'm DEFINATLY going to fight them

They are not equal. Right one has more flat damage and attackspeed. That said sheet dps is unreliable and damage isn't the only thing you need.
What's your second class? Aleksander's Chausses might be better for your build. Take a look at the augments that Barrowholm has to offer. You can farm the pants on a different character.

grimtools.com/db/items/8167

>right one has more flat damage and attack speed
>it's literally 1 flat extra vitality max damage and 1% attack speed more than the one on the left
>not even counting it has 3% less +% vitality damage than the one on the left
>somehow that amounts to a +102 difference on dps sheet

idk man, i knew that GD sheet dps was fucked, but this is a whole new level of fucked.

I'm soldier/necro; Aleksander pants only give +3 to rending force, and i don't even use that.

At least i do use Squad Tactics.

Read and DO COMPAER the fuckin stats ffs

Just done Valbury on Ultimate, feels good man.

IIRC Ch'thon use the Power of the void he is not the void itself that why Solael can use the void without being relate to Ch'thon
Aetherial get banish to aether realm maybe that why they use Aether

So what were the legendaries that are good for AIDSmancer again?

If it was posted already, check previous threads.

I want to make a sword and board that can take hits like a fucking champ but still do some damage, where do I start? I think I fucked up somewhere with my main tank, gear stacks a hundred different "when hit" procs so its hard for me to die but boss fights last forever (and never end if they can health regen) and mobs too to a lesser extent. Everyone talks shit on retaliation warder but I don't even see how that would work except for the bonuses from heart of the wild

Plenty of Arcanists tapped into the Aether and many paid a price. Occultists are frowned upon and I would not trust Creed as far as I could Blitz him if I were the MC.

Wendingos are what humans turn into after eating humans for long enough. Think back to the notes in the Asterkaran region you find about the family including the mother and little girl. and then the meeting with them

tfw not sure if i should make a Cadence or a Blade ARc build

Can I get Wraith, Widow, Tempest, Spear of the heavens and Ultos for offensive constellations and Chariot and Behemoth for defensive ones or are there not enough points?

Try it out in a planner.

That's what I'm doing but I can't figure it out but I also can't say whether it's impossible or not.

Also, I just can't get the Spear.
I opted for Lantern and Rhowan's Crown instead.

Start with Blade Arc then change when you have mote skill points

If I bind Reckless Tempest to Storm Totem, will it only proc from Storm Totem or can any skill trigger it?

Devotion skills only ever proc off their linked skill

Thanks, then I'm gonna have to figure something out for some of the devotion skills I'm planning to get.

>no spears

didya get the scrap? :))))))))))))))))))))

???

Crate didn't put equippable spears in the game because they'd require specific animation.

But no Widow for arcane bomb.

Yeah I had forgotten Widow. It's not doable with all that stuff. That's the closest I can get : grimtools.com/calc/YNnMA4wZ
You can remove Tempest to get Chariot if you like.

>It's not doable with all that stuff.
That's what I concluded too, thanks for trying though.

Optimized it a bit. grimtools.com/calc/DV9nG6QZ
No idea why I'm doing this.

They could port from Titan Quest.
>holding scythe animation

>They could port from Titan Quest.
The animations in TQ were terrible though. Specially the running one.

For illusions, do I only have to find/unlock the item at a faction or do I have to actually equip it to be able to select it from the illusionist?

You can buy it then get refunded right away, it'll unlock its appearance at the illusionist.

Alright, so in other words an item has to have been in my inventory for me to be able to use its illusion.

Yes.

I want to play a CHAD VINDICATOR (2h ranged) and I want to LITERALLY (literally) shit lightning onto niggas. What would be a good basis for my build attack wise? I figure Savagery is a must, but when it comes to Primal Strike and the Lightning Box, should I pick one or the other? or nab both? Also any general tips for a build like that to work?
Pic related, all vindicators look like that.

How would the spear mob though? There are maces to smash peoples faces, greatswords to slash through them, and axes to do both. I don't see how a spear would do any of that?

>wants to be chad
>asks for build advice

chad would never need help making his build

I'm not looking to have it handed to me on a silver platter, I'm just asking if I should grab both primal strike AND storm box, or just one.

depending on if youre hc or sc and how deep you invest in hotw/oak skin it might be hard to have enough points

im doing something similar to you but with 2h melee and im keeping stormbox for last if i get points to spare

Chad would go for a naked fevered rage build. In hardcore.

sc, I regularly fuck up and die to some dumb shit I could have avoided (or got rushed by 5 hero mobs).
Is Pirmal Strike more worth it early on then Storm Box? Why did you pick Primal first?

i mean i havent even tried storm box i just picked primal because the concept of it is super chad and awesome. smite em like zeus

otherwise ive just invested in the passives to boost primal strike

Ah alright. I suppose I'll just test both out while I level

I have a Blood Orb of Cthon. Any good build using it? Seems quite hard to make a fun chaos/vitality build with it since it doesn't convert damage over time.

Not a single good possible build that uses that item.

Storm box's damage is very good for the first 2 difficulties but I'm not sure how it compares to leveling primal strike, both are probably pretty reasonable.

Does lightning tether reach outside melee range or has it some items that increase it?

>mfw need 20 more searing embers to finish the relic
where do i farm them

The tether holds for roughly half the length of the screen before it breaks

it has about 10m range

>since it doesn't convert damage over time
It does, but just Poison Damage. Conversion also applies to dot. Burn/Frostburn/Electrocute will not be converted as Chaos lacks a dot version.
Fire Skellies.

Question; if I side with the Barrowhelm Wend--I mean, villagers via the fetish quest in one difficulty, can I reject them in another? I ask because rep carries over difficulties and wouldn't killing them automatically turn any rep you did have to hostile?

Are there any decent non-melee frostburn builds?

Humans who cannibalise others eventually regress into beast-like monsters (cannibal monsters we meet). I assume that if left alone long enough, they will become fully beast-like, growing horns like the Wendigo beasts lurking Udenbog.

Others, in areas influenced by the Wendigo spirit, may be tempted by the Ravager himself. Seems like by embracing his offering and accepting cannibalism into their lifestyle, they can retain their sanity (Scorv and Barrowholm people) to a certain extent. They have to make sacrifices to appease the Ravager.

I want to pick Dying God + another Tier 3 Constellation on my Cabalist.
Which of these 3 makes the most sense? Tree of Life, Light of Empyrion or Ishtak the Spring Maiden?

I assume that it works like Anasteria. If you kill her in a later difficulty, she won't talk to you in a lower difficulty (she won't fight you, but since your rep is too low she refuses to trade with you too).

Essentially the last choice you make is what sticks with you through the rest of the game.

God damn it I don't like supporting cannibals, no matter how civilised they are. I felt bad saving people from the bog only for them to get eaten at Barrowhelm. I heard the rep is worth it though. I guess I could use a program to max it and buy mass amounts of gear and then kill them at a later level?

Still looking for a good apostate build. Maybe something focused on Aether?

Tree of Life is the best choice among those, the life regen increases your survivability by quite a bit. I assume you don't have any mana regen issue because it also solves that for you.

If you can get Isthak I think it's better than Empyrion for your build. Empyrion has some nice physical/fire bonus if your build can make use of it, but otherwise for pure tanking Isthak is better.

If a devotion is bound to Elgoloth, does it count the chance to proc every dot tick? Wouldn't it be better than Primal then?

Just make multiple characters family.

How come the Ravager acts and looks like a joke? You could replace the model with a generic cultist and keep all the text and I'd be convinced that is better fit for writing than the current Ravager.

DON'T LAUGH!

Binding Tree of Life to Call of the Grave should trigger it for the skeletons aswell, right?