/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Visceral edition

Literally only uses R1 and triangle >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

PURGE FILTH

I don't think I understand how blunt and thrust damage works. When you gem a weapon for physical, it increases both weapon damage and blunt damage, but when you put an adept gem in a weapon, it just increases blunt.

So why is it that gemming for pure blunt damage for weapons like the tonitrus or pure thrust for the pick is better than gemming for pure physical? I get that adept gems increase the blunt more than a physical gem would, but when you factor in normal weapon damage on top of the blunt, doesn't that equal more overall damage than just adept?

Or am I drastically misunderstanding how damage works in this game?

Think of it as physical damage being a supertype with blunt and thrust being subtypes. The supertype increases all damage types, including untyped attacks, which are typically slashes from bladed weapons- you'll often hear it referred to as slash damage because of this. Blunt and thrust damage are more specific, being on weapons and attacks that would make sense for this. Adept gems don't increase slash damage, only their relevant type.
As an example, the Reiterpallasch when untricked has roughly an even mix of thrust and slash moves. If you put blanket physical gems into it, they will all do about the same amount of damage. If you put thrust gems in it, the pokes will do more damage than the slashes. This is especially noticeable because of the fact that adepts tend to be stronger than normal tempering gems. So the thrust attacks will get vastly increased benefits, while the slash attacks get none.

tl;dr You misunderstood how damage works.

You're severely misunderstanding how it works, physical damage is the damage you always do regardless of attack type, if your blunt shows the same damage as your physical damage it doesn't mean both numbers are being added together, one number just IS the other number. If you increase your blunt damage on a weapon that deals only blunt, the blunt damage is the total damage you do, your physical damage shows the amount of damage all other damage types do (which isn't an issue as for pure blunt weapons you don't do other damage types)

An attack with a physical weapon is either Standard Physical Damage, Blunt, or Thrust.

For example an R1 with the untricked Kirkhammer is Normal. And untricked R2 is thrust, and the entire Tricked Moveset is Blunt. Tricked moveset does 0 regular damage, it uses the Blunt number.

Tempering gems increase all 3 kinds of damage, Adept gems only increase either Thrust or Blunt, with the advantage of higher %'s. At endgame quality gems it's 27.2% vs 32.6%.

You get higher damage in exchange for only boosting certain moves. Some weapons ONLY do Blunt Damage though, like the Beast Cutter, Boom Hammer and Wheel are also all Blunt for physical portion but have an elemental effect as well.

There's other weapons with a significant portion of attacks being Blunt or Thrust to the point where it might be worth sacrificing some of the moveset for higher damage on attacks you actually use.

There's no Physical+Blunt, it's either or.

Ah, so physical and blunt aren't added together, if a specific attack does blunt damage, then it just does the listed blunt amount?

Anyone want to co op through the DLC up to Laurence? Pass is bbg, I'll be ringing at the first lantern.

GIMME 5 MINUTES ILL BE THERE

I'd say Lisa, Dark souls 2 (not scholar), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 & 2 and nothing more comes to mind

Ringing at the lantern again lad, I've got the shortcut unlocked

Yes

>LISA
My nigga. Dad misses you fucking obliterated me, I can't remember the last thing that made me cry like that that isn't just my depression.

Anybody need help?

Did you play Pointless and Hopeful? You should if you didnt

ANYONE?

Doing DLC up to Laurence if you're up for it. Doing Ludwig right now.

Im going to like help through the whole dlc after i help furfriend through ludwig rn

>PlayStation Experience 2017
>Bloodborne 2 gets announced
>Directed by someone other than Miyazaki

How would you react? Would you still be excited?

Kek. Furfriend mind helping me with ludwig after i help you? Then we could like leapfrog yknow

After we do Ludwig I'll definitely help you out mane, I'll probably switch to my BLT build.

I would be apprehensive, but hopeful.

Which lamp we ringin

Resident Evil 3 and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

I've beaten RE3 more times than I can count since I started playing when the game first came out. I've played it on all of its official ports, such as Dreamcast and PC. I even have RE3 on my PSP. The only thing that still screws me over to this day is the Clock Tower Nemesis fight (because of how fucking random Nemesis can be) and trying to do emergency dodges on zombies (because fuck that one-frame grab those zombies do). Also, to this day, I still think Jill's design in RE3 is the hottest female character in gaming ever.

Order of Ecclesia is the Castlevania game I've beaten the most. I've also done the LV1/Hard mode challenge, which isn't actually as hard as people think it is (for the most part, at least, because early on, some of the spike platforming sections are utterly brutal). It's a game you can beat in like 3 hours even without speedrunning.

Tell me where and the password and I'm there.

Ringing at the nightmare church
Pass bbg still
Waiting for 2

Nightmare church lantern I believe, pass is bbg

To speed things up lets stay with me as host (sucy) and forge on

>stunlocking Ludwig

That's fine, let me go get some vials real quick

Ringing in the jail.

I cant ring beckoning in the jail for some reason even though i went to hunters dream and back

How? It won't fucking let me.

I had to go up the jail stairs from the corpse pile and ring in the hall. Go up the stairs and ring by the rats maybe?

Did you get the eye pendant from Laurence's "corpse"?

You guys still around?

I wanna use the Tonitrus. I heard leveling Arcane and putting bolt damage gems was the way to go. Is this true, and is there a better farming spot for early bolt gems than Nightmare Frontier?

I think my game is glitched or something go on without me for now furfriend

I'm ringing at the top of the steps where the rats are, haven't been summoned yet though.

Strictly speaking, I think the way to maximize damage on the Tonny is to fill it with Nourishing gems on a str/ARC build. There aren't really that many places to get bolt gems either way, though Tonny will still get respectable damage in PvE using physical gems until you get your bolt/nourishing gems.

See
It let me ring after I got the Eye Pendant

Do i need to get what lawrence is holding? Fuck gimme a min

Yes and early no
In postrom yharhar there's a decent waning and in mensis near the piggus there's a radial nourishings. Also shamans in the dlc drop brain-tier radial bolt gems. Chalices will still be the beast choices

Yes, use Bolt gems. Nourishings are fine too if you're gonna take advantage of Pellets, but there isn't many in the story. I wouldn't bother farming bolt gems in Frontier, they're something like 7% and only come in Waning excluding OoS which are very rare. Best Radials before going deep into dungeons are Hamlet gems in the DLC, which is very late in it but they're 20.3%. Waning after Rom in Yaharghul, near the first Bell Maiden. You could try getting some in Loran Chalices too, mostly Waning gems there.

So it sounds like my best bet for bolt gems in rushing to the Fishing Hamlet. The ones that drop in Frontier are seriously only waning?

You can't really "rush" the Fishing Hamlet...

Yep, pretty gay but like said you can just use physical gems until Hamlet/Chalices

Is Sucy kill?

Well, by "rush", I mean that's going to be the first area I try farming gems. Looks like I'm going to be using blunt gems in the meantime or dumping fire gems in a LHB and using that.

Im beckoning at the research hall now sry for the chaos

>fire gems in a Ludwig's
Put those in a Stake Driver instead, the damage from oil urns and charged R2s is nutters.

It doesn't matter how strong the R2 is if you can't hit anything with it, so I don't really see the appeal of the Stake Driver.

Oh my boy, there are way more openings against bosses than you think. Of course you wouldn't use them against random enemies, but against most bosses, there are at least a couple attacks that give you time to rev up the R2 for big benefits.

Besides, it still has a good, fun moveset otherwise, especially compared to the snoozefest that is the Ludwig's.

Oh boy, talk about getting cocky. Ringing.

Turning on poise helps

I got lost cleetus

Ring at living failures?

Best to ring at the research hall lantern, I'm not even close to Failures

Remember that you have to either die to Maria or BHM out of her room in order to enable coop for her.

Alright excellent! Shall i ring my wee bell for you in jail furry? Or are we good to go for maria

That's me done for the night mates, it's almost 5 in the morning. Good stuff though lads.

That's gonna do it for me tonight, Sucy. Thanks for having me along. I'll do more tomorrow, but it just hit 5:00 AM here.

Is it possible to have multiple +15% health runes?

No. Best you can do is stack 15%+10%+5%.

Anyone around to help dump on some shadows with me?

pass bbg at the fog gate

I'm awake but I gotta dump the Brown's off at the pool first
Hopefully someone's around to help you. If not I'll join once I'm done

Got em! Not sure if it was u but burgertown is next and the menu, and we’re getting a side of eyes

Nope
I'm having a very agonizing time. I might go out like Elvis kek

Anyone up for Amelia? Ringing at the fog gate with pass bbg

Omw! Hibi come too!

Annalise!

Fleshy pink pulp!

Aint no flesh like some fresh queenly flesh

Imagine a Fleshlight made out of it

Who's cooping and where?

That's a one way ticket to vampire AIDS. Vilebloods are for PURGING, not fucking. Not that they have a chance of doing that with their queen anyway.

i fucking hate daylight savings time. any spelunks happening or anyone need help?

I woke up not too long ago
I can either host spelunk or do co-op. Gotta get through the DLC on NG+ if you're up for it

I'll join

Ty guys, next some SoY-sauce and afterwards some fries from mc romalds? I'm at the fog already

Password is bbg3
Beckoning at Hunter's Nightmare lamp
Will wait for 2

let me boot up console first

Im ringing for sauce

No, just no. I am a man full of compassion and understanding, but Annalise is absolutely unwaifuable. She is the queen of NTR, has worse sense of fashion than some street whore and wears a nightgown for some reason, has a massive forehead and receding hairline if we look at the concept art pages, just no.

In that case I'll stop beckoning and go use the restroom again
>tfw Buffalo wings didn't agree with my stomach

Already finished.

Next at burgerland lamp

I'd like to help, I'll be ringing.

ringing now, hope i dont get cucked

>mfw over 100 hours and only just found out about Cainhurst

It's like the Great Hollow all over again.

Ready yet? Just got out
Ok. Beckoning again now. Password still bbg3

Someone is using the same pass

Wot.
Who's world are you in?

Someone called All, I died so I will ring again

Ya got cucked. Sorry
I got Dextrell and Provocative with me

Is it? It is tied to a character questline, the hardest thing by far is finding the place where the carriage spawns.

Why would miyazaki put the ring in if there wasn’t a chance, a chance!!

Sorry, I died but my weapon was broken anyway, ring again?

At lamp

Nice bullied the fat retarded girl
Next tor, micolash cage rest of mensis? Will always be ringing at the lamps
first lamp: second yahargul one

>Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick crossing
By the time you get to the Forbidden Woods walking around Hemwick is fairly easy. The hardest part is finding the poison cave, if you're paying attention to the dogs you might miss the path leading to it.

Btw, I'd also need some sweet chunks. But I could grab them afterwards, if you just want to kill the bosses