fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JmwbYl6f11c
godotengine.org/article/godot-30-switches-bullet-3-physics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off with your early thread sourceposter. Please resume not posting no agdg more. It was really nice when you shut the fuck up for a couple weeks.

Your platformer is at least as good as Hollow Knight... right?

yeah it's powered by Sourceā„¢

>all that hitstop
eww

>hitstop
Hollow Knight straight up skipped frames on hit on my machine

i haven't played it myself but even looking at the release trailer it looks like shit. apparently it's because the performance goes to shit whenever there's a collision

Your game has unique gameplay and isn't roguelite #49104 with a twist, right /agdg/?

Reminder. C + Vulkan / OpenGL is the only way to make a game worth playing. All your engines are shitty proprietary garbage that will eventually go bunk and you will never be able to port it to other systems.
(^:

do japanese devs program in japanese

Yes that's why their games usually runs better, less letters for the engine to compile

no but russian coders have been known to actually code in russian

it's a bad practice though because it makes porting harder because of the differing character sets

Thats actually the case in most eastern europian countries.

at what point did you realize that you don't have taste or talent and that no matter how many hours you put into a game it will still end up like shit?

if you were not born with the talent or taste that is required in this industry, you will never succeed, so just stop now.

When I found out that most "indie" developers previously worked at AAA studios and have all the connections to promote their games.

Talent is nurtured, taste is acquired.
You weren't born without those, you were raised without them. You can start working on it, but better find a full time job to support you in the meantime.

but not all taste is created equal, its not a linear path its a branching web on possiblities

maybe you lack the talent to become a superstar but just lower your expectations a bit, like in any profession you can make a decent amount of money if you just try

this guy makes a living off of filthy casual games

youtube.com/watch?v=JmwbYl6f11c

>implying i have bad taste

im talking about all of you, 90% of the work i see here is garbage

where is your game?

90% of everything is garbage. That's sturgeons law.
Most people here are also not even really trying.

yeah im not gonna post my game here cause any who do are bound to fail.
yeah its comforting to know that when my game is done itll be instantly better just cause of my taste.

Making a living on casual shit is hardly inspiring. What's the point making a living on shit games you don't even like if there are easier jobs with stable income?

well if you have some talent and discipline you can put years of work into a larger game and see it pay off like jon blow and the stardew valley guy did

Listening to this is just depressing, why not just join a studio

>joining a poorly funded studio made up of failures like yourself
the grass is always greener

yeah i agree, risk of rain is garbage

>*teleports behind you* nothing personnel kid: The post

>one example counts for the whole

ok brainlet

there is a whole list of the examples even in this op sweetie

Hey /agdg/ hit me up with some game ideas you had that you never implemented.
The crazier the better

make a hacking game, but instead of being about using software make the tools you actually use to do things more like doxxing, emailing people for passwords, psyops etc. add a social media equivalent and people you've hacked will post on it so you see the direct consequences of your actions

a puzzle game where the input is a midi keyboard (or a normal keyboard mapped like a piano) there is a puzzlebox with a lot of moving parts tied to each key, and when you have a solution you end up playing a common series of chords/a known melody

a lemmings-like game with an advanced platformer AI. you have to make levels that your lemmings can beat that the bad guys can't traverse

a fantasy city/base building game with roguelite elements in a world full of monsters where the world, resources, and monster placement/threat is procedurally generated.

dwarf fortress?

damnit

nice try mr molyneux

Assuming you're an artistic god, how hard would it be to make Cuphead in GameMaker?

you'd need to roll the dice on the devil's game.

That image is in-accurate.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is an engine that people use still, not there. Source is an engine that NO ONE (except for sourcefag) uses, in there.

Easier than Cuphead in Unity.

>unity is bad for 2D games meme
hollow knight, the goty, was made in unity and it rocks

Cuphead is made in Unity.

Exactly my point you fucking idiot.

OOH, yes, of course, a few good games were made for an engine, that must mean it's a good engine, even though the amount of bad games made in the engine that are credited for being bad because of the engine's limitation of capability outweighs the amount of good games made in the engine.

what engine would you recommend then faggot

1.) GameMaker: Studio 2
2.) Godot
3.) Enginedev

>credited for being bad because of
Just as much that Unity was not responsible for those games being good, Unity was not responsible for their games being bad either
Shitdevs gonna shit and blame anything they can for their failure in their "postmortems" 3 days after launch

I think you have some mental issues.

No, I meant that there are a lot of games that are bad BECAUSE OF the engine not being capable. Engine issues and stuff, like sound position bugs and crappy lighting (unity's default lighting system sucks ass, get a new one on the store).

Great argument you got there, bud.

unironically this except maybe prefer godot to prepare you for 3d because 2d is some newfag bullshit

Use Unity
The haters are tards

I understand and I'm saying that if the games were bad because of the engine, they would be bad regardless because of the developer.
Unity may not be the best and has it's share of problems, but plenty have made it work.

Now if your argument was that good or even decent games could have been developed easier or performance been better on a different engine, we can get somewhere.

Only the incapable blame their tools. A good game will shine through regardless and a bad game is just bad

you don't get it
unity is exceptionally bad, it's a joke of an engine, the main reason that people even use it is that other vastly superior engines like UE4 and godot didn't become available to the average joe until recently

holyshit stop bumping your own autistic thread right as its about to be deleted. Also report this shit as usual

godotengine.org/article/godot-30-switches-bullet-3-physics

anyone has any experience with bullet here? Is this good news?