/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread
>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit - Modding guide

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aSYNZ0zlBTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love Junko!

Mugi and Tenko!

Lewd but symbolic!

I hate Junko!

>mfw this was made just after I replied to some other user

I love Tenko!
Good morning /drg/

Ishi!

Junko!

Ying and Yang my friends~

Junko!

Is this a ying yang as well?

Still can't believe Kaede didn't kill Amami, bullshit

Koko! Cuphead is fun.

MUH DICK

Hey buddy!

I put Kaede more responsible for Amami's death than Tsumugi. Tsumugi was just finishing Kaede's job she started.

Overconfidence as a character problem? I mean, it's not bad, it's just that when designing protagonists we should keep in mind that they're also the viewpoint character for the player, so the usual negative consequences of overconfidence that lead to character development for that kind of archetype may piss the player off.

I actually think this idea is both funny and interesting, and it kind of plays off the "I'm attracted to you but not really" kind of thing rivals have had in the past, where they're weirdly nice to the protagonist in certain circumstances.

It'd be hard, but I can see it being pulled off, maybe if something happens in the first case to shake her confidence. But the most important thing is what her Talent would be.

This is going be called bait but If possible, could we not have this phase on the character?

I love Kirumi!

It would start out as normal danganronpa killing game. The main thing about this idea is that the primary antagonist and mastermind are the same person. He will originally start out as the ultimate ???. He will do the normal excuse of "not remembering his talent". Sometime during the first trial he will reveal that his title is the "ultimate" mastermind and that the entirity of the killing game was created and made by him.

Personality wise, he will be cunning & sinister. He should seem as dangerous as Nagito while having all of his actions seem mysterious and confusing. He plays the game fairly, but changes the rules and manipulates/lies to attempt to help the blackened. He is passionate about the game, taking insults about the rules and cheating personally. Poor accusations and incorrect logic angers him and as the game progresses his anger towards the MC will increase because they solve all the trials.

The other characters would hate him. He would never be the blackened. A majority of the cases motives revolve around him and his influence, but he would never directly blacken himself. A lot of his interaction will be unknown throughout the entire game. He would survive all the way until the very last chapter where his killed by the MC. The MC then has to spend the last trial convincing the few people alive that he is not the blackened and subsequently getting away with murder..

Throughout the game the MC and other players find secrets about the game and the mastermind. The purpose of the killing game is for someone to actually become the blackened and escape. The mastermind was simply trying to create a situation where a successful blackened would occur.

I haven't fleshed out all the details... but I have ideas on the general murder themes / victim motives and ways that the mastermind impacts the game and ways he abuses the rules. Some of them are kind of neat mechanics, like adding rules in the middle of the trial.

>jin with stubble

Someone's been hitting the booze hard since his wife died.

Phase? What do you mean?

well this couldn't get any gayer

>Blaming the gun maker not the shooter.

I need lewd Angies!

>hinata can't have fun at the fun park

>You guys havin' a wresting match! Lemme join in!

Yeah, that's something we really have to address.

The three protagonists for mainline games we've had so far are Makoto, Hajime, and Shuichi, who are Lucky Student, ???, and Detective respectively. Kaede doesn't really count since for the one case she was a protag she already knew who did it from the start.

What kind of ultimate they are'll have a pretty big effect on their chara development and the plot, so it's important to get this right.

STOP
captcha: STOP MAXIMUM

There's a difference between making a gun and attempting murder you dumb fuck. It's a shooter and a shooter that actually hit the target.

Nevermind, I rather not talk about it again, my apologies.
>female Saihara
>gets a skirt
Damn artists...

I just feel that reverse trap + insecurity has been done to death already, so I'd rather see something else.

>DARE KA...DARE KA!! TATSUKETE!! TASUKETEEE! SAIHARA-CHAN! HARUKAWA-CHAN, MOMOTA-CHAN! ONEGAAII!

youtube.com/watch?v=aSYNZ0zlBTE

Well, from what I've gathered she's rather confident and sure of herself, so maybe that could add up to being a little emotionally cold? Or maybe trying to hide her emotions? There's also the big question of why she's crossdressing? Is it the Naoto reason where she's in a male dominated society? Does she just want to distance herself from everyone? If we get the reason why she crossdresses we can get this down.

I want to fuck Junko with her dub voice

Wait, so, if I'm reading between the lines correctly, the main antag's goal all along would have been to get the MC to successfully kill him and get away with murder, and the protagonist, for plot reasons, would agree and go along with this plan at the end? Hm, it's a somewhat neat twist, not a bad idea at all user.

Well just because they're not brazenly overconfident doesn't mean they're going to be a case 1 whimpering shuichi, characterisation doesn't work that way. There are many options here, we just gotta brainstorm.

I have a feeling that the reason for crossdressing could somehow be linked to her Ultimate Talent somehow.

Fuck youuu.

Why not crossdressing for fun? Or perhaps she isn't aware that she is crossdressing, like Akane but with Nemesis's coat.

One makes a gun to kill and another finishes the job. Like you said
By your logic the first person is more accountable.

>So why do you dress up as a guy?
>Because I look damn fine in the male school uniform.

Kaede didn't just make a gun. She tried to use the fucking gun which gave someone else an idea to use the gun.

Truly this is, thank you

>always with the buddy
You are going to be the death of me one day

How about this? A autist who wants to make a super murder but someone steals or hijacks his idea, like Normie Kaito stealing Normie Saihara's idea, except it fails.

Anything to see the little bastard suffer.

Oh, the reading comprehension kicks in after I post. I see what you're saying, we should work backwards from the cross-dressing towards the talent. I'd say we should avoid making it a commentary on gender roles or stuff like that like in Persona, so the options become doing it because of her occupation, doing it for fun, or not doing it deliberately at all.

Though, If she's not crossdressing deliberately, she'd still need a reason to not correct people.

Okay, this line has me backing "Crossdresses for enjoyment/vanity." I like this personality.

Or rather
>Why do you use this massive coat? we thought you're a dude
>Its fucking cold in here
I think something like Akane would be fun to experiment, I wish Akane could be reverse trap

I kind of want to have her do it as a way of distancing herself from other people. Maybe she needs to do a job where she needs to be objective, and through the game she needs to learn to be more emotionally connected to people?

He's always suffering inside.

How about SHSL Space Marine? Kinda like Mukuro, she is a soldier and she prefers the facade of being a dude, it avoids pointless debates and arguments.

>ouma tearfully pleading that he'll let her join his organization as they could use her fearsome prowess

I think the vanity/for the fun aspect could also work with character conflict/emotional growth. Like she'd have to face that she might have actually hurt someone by "lying" to them. For example some character getting a crush on her and then being devastated after they find out the truth.

I'd definitely want them to be a bit more fun-loving.

I think we should be careful going the emotionally detached route, because that's a step away from pulling another Kirigiri/Maki.

We shouldn't have their talent be too out there, we need reliability on some level.

Oh, I actually like the sound of that.

>Have a friend playing through V3 slowly
>Most of his favourite characters have died
>He's disappointed, but tells me he has a new favourite character
>"Well who is it?"
>"Tsumugi. She's cool, and I think she won't do anything bad. She won't beat Tenko but she's a pretty great girl!"

He is going to be fucking demolished mentally when the ending comes, it's been his favourite game yet.

DESPAIR is fun.

Best giri.

Maybe just Marine.
Seems more like something that would be done for comedy.
Good point, maybe keep the "for fun" bit. But she still needs some kind of weakness, a flaw that the mastermind/rival can exploit.

I'm talking about this post.
How it says that enabling somebody to kill, makes the person more responsible for a death than the actual fucking murderer, it's retarded.
Like making a gun, or giving somebody bullets, or training somebody to kill doesn't make that person more responsible for murder than the murderer.
Sure they helped, but doesn't make me more responsible than another person's own actions to kill.

Or let's take a non-murder example. If I draw a painting and it's shit and somebody uses that as inspiration or painted and changed it around and made their own and makes a million bucks. They made it, sure I helped or gave them inspiration but I didn't make the masterpiece. Fuck me if I want more than a half a million dollars., I didn't make the masterpiece.

If the second person did nothing there is no murder, second person takes more responsibility.

So was Kaito turning down Maki near the end of his life or just trying to soften the blow of his death and make it a little more inspirational to her?

sup?

Pretty much except in cold blood. Something like a killing game simulation, where everybody is trapped to play the killing game over and over again until
someone actually becomes the blackened. The mastermind is the only one aware of this, but there has never been a successful blackened. The mastermind was trying to get *any* character to succeed in murder and escape. One of the limitations of the mastermind is that he cannot directly tell the players this and it eats him up inside as he watches everyone around him fail over and over again. Almost all of the participants are unaware of this fact until the very end of the game.

And because I already started my autistic idea I might as well give some examples

Chapter motivations
>Ch2: 2 people teaming up to try and kill the mastermind to end the game, but one ends up killing the other.
>Ch3: Anything. I don't know.
>Ch4: Someone dies on accident setting up a trap meant to kill a random person but frame the mastermind
>Ch5: Alternate Antagonist commits murder because they discover the secret. Mastermind kills main heroine because they were a witness, abusing double murder rule.
>Ch6: MC kills Mastermind in cold blood & vengeance. Decides to attempt to escape

Examples of Added rules:
>Adding the rule "Everyone present at the start of the trial most vote, or everyone dies" shortly after his revelation to protect himself
>Adding a rule that eliminates the previous rule, after a blackened threatened to refuse to vote, after telling everybody he won't 'remove' rules
>Adding the double murder rule secretly in an earlier chapter, and killing a witness in a later chapter 5.

Hey.

He has good taste

So what's your stance on the whole Gonta/Ouma situation. Who was more responsible/were they equally responsible?

>and I think she won't do anything bad
Report back with reactions.
A little of column A a little of column B.

I want lewd Angie pics!

>Hey, Maki Roll. I asked you before... What's your enemy?
>Before...you hated yourself so much. You didn't even like yourself a little...
>And wasn't that the reason you tried to distance yourself from others?
>You decided that you didn't deserve to have friends, didn't you?
>That was your enemy.
>But not anymore, huh? You're alright now!
>You fell for a guy like me! Now you can learn to like yourself!

Well, let's try and categorise weaknesses of previous protagonists and maybe extrapolate off of that? What were the weaknesses of Makoto, Hajime, and Shuichi?

I hate Kirumi!

On regard to flaws, how does one do them naturaly?
>reliability
Its possible to relate to something out there, what is difficult to relate would be the opposite.

I could see it as something like.
>female student has an obvious crush on reverse trap MC
>hangs around and helps her all the time
>MC is oblivious to it in the fashion of a true harem protagonist
>reverse trap gets revealed
>female student is absolutely devastated
>MC realizes/someone makes her realize that female student was being serious and that she was being a douche
>they have a cute scene with MC reconciling and asking if female student is willing to still be her friend

Maybe with something like that in the past girls had had crush on her but always ended up falling for some boy instead so she assumed no girl would fall for her for real.

Angie and her beloved Tenko!

>Sayaka
>Rantaro
>Kaede
>Fat Buu

All instantly dead.
Meanwhile, retards like Yasuhiro or Akane survive until the end.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Not when I have to deal with it.
He thinks Ouma is best boy as well. Does that lower or increase his taste?
I will captain. He's just about to start the fourth case as well. The mental olympics he'll have to go through are sure to provide me with both regret and good reactions for you guys.

>Fat Buu
What?

Regular Gonta did nothing.
The other version of himself did.
The other version of Gonta killed Miu, who was led by Ouma who kinda led him into doing it. If the other version of Gonta was somebody who hated killing or didn't want to go along with his plan, Miu wouldn't die. He's at fault, followed by Ouma who asked him to.

It would be different if Kaede tricked or coerced Tsumugi into killing but it's different. Kaede's partly at fault but doesn't take the whole blame.

Oh, so the Mastermind is trying to end the game and thus save everyone, but everyone is too good and keeps solving class trials?

This is actually a neat DR-style idea, user. I can see it going places.

This is an interesting character development direction. It's not that reverse trap doesn't care about people or their feelings, but they don't understand the power they have to affect other people's feelings. Like a more toned down Nagito, they don't understand that people care about them?

All of them pretty much lacked confidence. Makoto was too passive, Hinata had his insecurity about his talent and Shuichi needed someone to give him confidence (Kaede, Kaito, Maki to an extent).
It ain't easy, I think we need to think more about her character.
How does he like Gonta?

Impostor

Gonta is his first favourite, he just told me.
>I mean, Ouma's cool and all
>But Gonta is so funny
>He'll make it to the end, like weedman did

I just..It hurts to hear him be so optimistic.

>that second one
Oh, so this is development? Writing sounds easier than I thought, just make compelling characters, then remove all the reasons one found them compelling in the first place.

Wait, what?

I was baiting, sorry. It just that this worked on Veeky Forums earlier.

>Regular Gonta did nothing.
>The other version of himself did.
They're... They're the same person. All Gonta did was lose memories.

Holy shit user, you made me think I fucked the character up somewhere.

People who've played V3 bonus mode, are Satou and Natsumi still alive in that timeline?

I haven't seen either of them so I don't think so.

>not getting the prolouge
That aside,

>All Gonta did was lose memories.
He's pretty much a different person at that time.
It's the same body, but different personalites and memories, essentially different people.
It's like if I brainwashed you into killing or something. You have the same body but you're not you. You're not the same person.

It seems like despite the fanservice certain tragic events went ahead anyway, Hoshi is definitely still an orphaned murderer for example.

It's implied that the connection fuckup might have tampered with his conscience and reasoning

I wish they found a better way to integrate FTEs in the games. I think it's dumb that you can't even get close to completing half of them during normal gameplay and a character you have invested time into may die at any moment leaving them incomplete. Yeah you can finish them after the game is over but it just feels vadly implemented, if it's like that you may as well relegate them to an after game mode.

The way they exist also limits them a lot. They are optional and they must be valif at all times when the character is alive so they must be pretty generic and they are optional so they can't tell you anything truly important to the game that doesn't get revealed in the normal story.

It has always been my least favorite thing about the games. I think they should rework the system in some way.

What? No. That's not what it's like at all.
It's like if you killed someone and then I brainwashed your memories into another body making me forget the whole thing.