Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

>flatress the same height as anyone but Dancer
no

Fortress thread!

>no /sqg/

literally perfect

cute thread

>new thread at 740
h-hayai

Unironically fuck off

this but unironically

This but even more unironically

Why is sixth worst girl in the OP?

remove bunnies

whomst are the other 5?

>starting the thread early again
T-thank you! I was afraid of the big scary sqgfag!

>carrot = forage
>fire = campsite
>crystal = 4th stratum crystals
>golem = golem statue
>switch = 5th strat switch
What is the tombstone-looking icon for? Marking the 4 points on that quest on 12F?

Lolifort isn't shit :(

spooky skeleton spawnpoints on 3rd stratum
The real question is what is the sign for

>EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU
OP is such a fag he still hasn't realized November 3rd was three days ago.

The only option for Flatress

Not a week after EU release.

I initially started with
Barrage Pugilist | Deathbringer Harbinger
Heal Botanist | Hawk Rover | Punisher Shaman
and switched my botanist to poisoner and my shaman to herald then replaced hawk with chain fencer.

Right now I really feel like I've gimped myself. What do you guys think, is the change reasonable or should I stick with my old trusted?

>switch = 5th strat switch
Nani? The switch icon with red knobs?

The one sign on the 3rd floor that warns about a trap five tiles down the road.

You should have plenty of lockdown but not many Chain activations (and Chain Killer is a meme).
So you could try a Impact Pugilist for damage.

... so?

I used that for the pillars that turn into doors. After tipping the golems though I replaced them with doors. The real question is what's the purpose of a brick block?

hunting events
or places you wipe

Put it on all the walls!

I just used the FOE marker for those, that makes sense though

I have no idea about the sign, maybe Adventure Logs? It was in EOIV and there was not a single signpost except one explicitly mentioned in the beginning of the Old Forest Mine

>The real question is what's the purpose of a brick block?
No idea

You mean replace chain fencer with impact? Would prolly work if I equip my herald with a bow or something for stab attacks.

how do I use evoker necro?
Wraith dance is meh and the bombs are not that good

That's sounds awful enough to be funny.
I want to see a map with brick blocks as walls

>Icon limit

:(

Seriously, who thought that was a good idea

A much more important question is what do you use for the teleporters on the sixth stratum? I'm using the two sparkles for a teleporter and the circle for the exit, but I hate it. It looks ugly,

Circle for the teleporter and color the tile under it with whatever color it is
You don't need an end spot because you can just count

Circle is for FOEs, I'll probably just use paint when I get there.

>Circle is for FOEs
And not the monster face icon?

they have a new FOE marker now

That's for bosses.

>no etriam

paint the tile in its color
requires to repaint all the floors in gray to use green

Which classes are the cheapest sp wise
meaning you can dump in in race skills and shit?

So is it normal for Jenetta to stop giving you eggs and honey? I feel like she stopped after giving her the 2nd chicken I found in the 2nd stratum.

1kat masurao
Evoker necro
Shield dragoon
Heal botanist

How do i get to the left side of the 26 floor? i'm guessing, it has to do with being ported from the following floors?

Already doing that, but I need something to differentiate between a teleporter and a destination.

Tips on how to beat Eternal Tyrant? I feel like I'm already overlevelled but it still outdamages me.

Means your food inventory is full. Once you free up space, she'll give you the next possible morning.

Your party was fairly similar to mine
Barrage / Deathbringer / 1kat Masu
Poisoner / Hound Rover

Harbinger making binds and ailments stick more really helps Pugi and Poisoner
Hound helps with the heals when combined with Poisoner to make up for not going Graced Healer, and benefits from a Pug's leg binds - lv10 hound and lv5 Foot Pierce did about 450 damage to a line
1kat also benefits from leg binds, panic and blind with Helm Split, and has Haze Slash to fuel Fatal Reap.
Fully bound plus an ailment - Leaden Blow, Frigid Reap, Helm Split, Foot Pierce and Smoke Bomb for disgusting damage

Hmm, she must be planning to give me a fuckton of food then. Thanks for the tip.

Look for one of the cheese strategies. Really, it boils down to that. I just zombied powdered an FOE and killed him. Fuck party wide damage+ailments spam. If you want to survive as much as you can with your current party, try to bind his arms and head, and spam all mist with someone else using reducing physical buffs

Is it wrong if i killed all non-punchfaggot foes on 25f because i cannot feel assed doing this properly and i need plague demon mats anyway

How badly does the accuracy modifier on Helm Splitter affect it? If I always use Leg Sweep, will it hit 80% of the time?

I don't have any idea what the fuck am i doing wrong but 4kat does fuckall for me while impact pugilist is guaranteed 4-5 digit damage with lots of ways to fuck enemy over

The Miasma deals a percentage of the damage you dealt to it. The more damage you deal, the more damage you take.
So overleveling only quickens your demise.
My first time around I had a low damage party so the Miasma did next to nothing. I even had the bulk to survive its big fuck-off attack.

If you have a high damage party your best bet is to just set up a bunch while the Miasma is out, bind its head or panic it (or use Aegis Shield when the big attack comes out) and then murder the ever-loving fuck out of it.

earthlain impact pug is the best of both worlds, better binding for normal encounters and not too much overkill when doing the combo for bosses

Murder is always one way to solve a FOE puzzle.
It's one of the things making the series so great for me.

What is the impact pug combo?

Pretty badly. It's more along the lines of 60% with Leg Sweep.
Leg binds, blind and panic completely disable evasion, though. So if you have access to these you can make Helm Splitter hit every time.

How do the stats work? How much damage is 1 strength? How much damage mitigation is 1 vitality? I've been taking the passive 1 point skills that increase stats since they seem like really good investments, but I'd be curious to know what a point of stat is worth.

All katanas matter for their attacks.
You want Reblossom and Peerless Demon at 10.

I have maxed tetrad and reblossom but the damage is still hot ass, do i really need peerless on 10 for it to be good?

4kat really sucks until you max out all the necessary skills, if you've just unlocked class masteries, it's better to just go impact pug+blade master until you get to like 5th stratum, and then you can switch.

But 4kat never really reaches impact pug damage anyways

>I needed a cheese strategy to deal with a standard AoE spamming boss
fucking lol

Its what I do. I started killing FOES instead of doing the "puzzles" in the second stratum.

The combo is lose health -> make your opponent lose their health.

Layered Bloom is the move you want for damage if you're not using hell slash. Sacred tetrad is for saving TP.

Doing puzzles properly feels more rewarding though

you need 4 +5 ameno habakiri then it's godlike class

Buster Cannon/Chain Fencer/Hellslash/Death's Edge
What is the most fun tryhard comp? I want to raise an elite team.

Player Damage
=============
Attack = (aSTAT + aATK)
Defense = (dSTAT * 2)
compScore = Defense / Attack

aSTAT = aSTR if a STR attack is being used. aINT if an INT attack is being used.
aATK = aWATK if a STR attack is being used. aMATK if an INT attack is being used.
dSTAT = dVIT if a STR attack is being used. dWIS if an INT attack is being used.

If compScore > 1 (enemy defense outpaces your attack):
Factor1 = sqrt(sqrt(compScore))
Factor2 = 1.0 - (Factor1 * 0.7)
Factor3 = Fttack * 3
Factor4 = Factor2 * Factor3
Factor5 = Factor4 - (Defense * 0.2)
BaseDamage = Factor5 * 0.717

BaseDamage = (((1.0 - ((sqrt(sqrt(compScore))) * 0.7)) * ((aSTR + aATK) * 3)) - ((dVIT * 2) / 5) * 0.717)

Otherwise (your attack outpaces enemy defense):
Factor1 = 1.0 - compScore
Factor2 = Factor1 ^ 3
Factor3 = 0.3 + (Factor2 * 1.7)
Factor4 = Attack * 3
Factor5 = Factor3 * Factor4
Factor6 = Factor5 - (Defense * 0.2)
BaseDamage = Factor6 * 0.717

BaseDamage = (((0.3 + (((1.0 - ((dVIT * 2) / (aSTR + aATK))) ^ 3) * 1.7)) * ((aSTR + aATK) * 3)) - ((dVIT * 2) / 5)) * 0.717

Damage = BaseDamage * SkillPower * Modifiers * Difficulty Factor

Difficulty Factor is 1 on Advanced, and 1.2 on Basic.
======================================

I hope this answered you're question l-m-a-o

Are you not supposed to kill like 50% of FOEs?

The bottom line is that stats are worth the SP, right? I mean they got the 'Mastery' skills beat for sure

Depends. If you aren't smart enough, killing is the only way to go.

do necromancers share wraiths? like, can one necromancer use a wraith summoned by another necromancer?

yes

so more str is better?

Fucked if I know KEKlmaohahawee-oooh-wee-ooh

>Voice acting is generic "TAKE THIS" instead of the actual skill names

I bet he uses Dodge Fencer as a tank.

Fencer + Pugilist + Dragoon
Botanist + Shaman
How does it sound?

something something heart and soul

at face value it looks like 1 point of STR / INT = 1 damage and 1 point of VIT / WIS is 1*2 mitigation.

Yeah, I suppose. Depends on how much the Stats from the skills scale up to, but even then, it's just a 1 point investment that does have a very decent scaling return of investment and gives you points to put into other more interesting things. I'd say the masteries are kinda useless in EO5 and would only take them if you have everything else capped out.

guys cops found my etrian folder and i wanna say goodbye and will be in jail forever never knowing the 6th strat in eo5

goodbye

>living in a cucktry

gg

it's just canada don't worry

it was pennsylvania. going to be where ever Rikers island is soon

Sounds good. Not min/maxed, but it's good. Ample defensive options, strong characters for the first two stratums, powerful damage steroids. Fencer really wants to be Chain Killer though, which might be a little too RNG for you.

>recommending chain memer

For impact pug, am I good with Thunderfist for the entire game? I've got Thunderfist and Overexertion maxed, but I think I'd rather sink my points into my 3 main binds instead of putting them into more damage skills

I've also got fortitude of course

impact is a damage class and should always be therian

fort-chan
I had to crop this one because it got too lewd
[Not game spoilers]

And how about a necro instead of a dragoon? And maybe a rover instead of a shaman?

Why does Fort-chan not have hands?
Is this the reverse of the Himukai disease?

>Necro instead of Dragoon
Wraith Cry is good, but your single target damage should be good enough, and Dragoon offers reliable mitigation which is great to have while you're playing through the first five stratums.
>Rover instead of Shaman
Rover will help you clear out random encounters quickly, which is seriously underrated, however Chain Fencers and Pugilists are good enough at clearing random encounters as is.

I couldn't decide where to put them so I tied them behind her back

Is 22/23 too early for Hollow Queen?