/sthg/- Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1035- reminder edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=110P491DrMbmZTGlLuLfiMzVLdM5RpS_6
youtube.com/watch?v=I6ak3ebBep0
youtube.com/watch?v=lSwIF48JABY&t=69s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*Charms*

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

best hedgie reporting

Accept it, that concept art won't be in Forces or Shadow DLC

Amy is the most relatable character in the franchise.

huggu

No thanks

Fuck off taxman

joint effort with Sonic Team for Sonic Unleashed 2 where Platinum is in charge of the Werehog stages

Manic's hair is garbage, even for 1999.

And if it is it'll be disappointing like so much of the game.

Horrible thread, sonicbabs. Not even good enough to be my fake.

Best girl

This is nice stuff but apparently the accessories like "hair" and stuff only come in a few color variations and you have to unlock the colors separately? Goddammit

Beep boop

I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

I was thinking of renting the game. I found a place that does rentals, you pay a rental fee, as well as the full price of the game, but if you return it in a certain amount of time, you get refunded for the full price of the game. So for instance if it's $60, I pay a rental fee as well as $60, but if I return it soon enough, then they give me the $60 back.

I'm guessing renting it for three days should be more than enough time, right?

Gotta grind to get everything user

Sounds about right. Go ahead & do it user

So can you change the muzzle color too?

thot

ALL WOMEN ARE QUEENS SHADOW

Yep, any color you want.

Filename related

Who /makinganaustralianaccounttogetforcesearly/ here?

eh, i can wait. I'm going to have to wait till I get out of college anyway so

>Diogenes
Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks he’s kind of a prick

I'm having fun right this moment.
Come get me, fucker.

Most SSMB members are.

PREPARE TO BE ROBOTICIZED

>Hedgehogs
So you’re telling me that hedgehogs don’t normally have cyclops-like eyes?

I'm already Australian, so I'll be getting it earlier than the rest of the world physically I guess due to time zone differences.

Full Fist Bump (Piano ver.):
drive.google.com/open?id=110P491DrMbmZTGlLuLfiMzVLdM5RpS_6

He was also in gamefaqs.

Any consensus on Forces yet? Is it just Generations 2.0?

FULL
INFINITE
THEME
WHEN

Thanks, I was hoping this was going to be the last boss theme
Do we have good rips of the other songs so far?

People are mostly mixed on it still. It seems like it's gonna be like Unleashed where you either like it or don't.

So, you want to lead a Resistance, but you can't even fabulous dress-code?
You wish you were part of the Bucky O'hare team.

>Generations 2.0
At least Gens has 2-4 mins stages, except Green Hill

Holy crap, this is actually great. How’d they edit this?

That explains a lot.

>mfw I want to own a physical copy for my PS4, but I live in a country where the game probably won't be available on launch day

By the Nazo Unleashed guy.

IIzuka's worst nightmare

Seeing the response to Forces, SEGA needs to redesign Sonic. They should make him wear a backpack and have simplified noodle-like features and beady eyes to make him look "vulnerable".

youtube.com/watch?v=I6ak3ebBep0

They were too lazy/it was too hard to give the hedgehog OCs cyclops eyes.

What's in his backpack?

I can't believe I actually ate this trite up before.

Wow, DCSA1 Sonic and Tails literally are Classic versions with eye colors.

if mania ends up being more successful than Forces (in terms of sales) will Iizuka use his katana to eliminate the gaijins ?

New headcanon, DC SA is in Classic World and SADX is in Modern World

>Tfw the cyclops eyes are what makes the main hedgehogs special

Already done in a better way than what you could ever imagine.

Iizuka didn't have a whole lot to do with Forces development, as he was in the US

That image is amusing.

Power up Boxes that are exchanged for collected rings.

You probably liked Fez too

I wonder why they don't just make the jump and just give them two eyes. It seems like they want to.

I enjoyed the shit out of it. Probably above Colors for me, but ever so slightly below Generations. It's a very love-it-or-hate-it sort of game though. You'll be put off or you'll have a blast.

I honestly loved Colours the most out of the Boost styled Sonic games so hopefully this bodes well for me.

I know you're memeing but I can't believe people actually think this shit looks good.

Who? The the ocs or the main hedgehogs?

God dammit this makes me rage incoherently for some reason I don't understand.

Funnily enough, despite not requiring Super Sonic to be defeated, Infinite's sun creating feat completely shits over Nazo, SMBZ Mecha Sonic and every single other Sonic villain not named Solaris.

Main hedgehogs.

Nothing says fast like stopping to go shopping.

youtube.com/watch?v=lSwIF48JABY&t=69s

Okay but this looks really good

Hedgehog Engine 2 really puts in fucking work, I mistook this for a CGI cutscene

You had a whole generation who doesn't play videogames but grew up reading TVTropes and watching the epic game/movie critics on Youtube tearing up Big Rigs and Sonic 06 while hyping the safe indie/"story" games.
They would never play Indic the Noodlehog but they want to look like they are part of the yet undiscovered grassroots artistic director crowd in the Youtube comments.

The fact that the sequence happens in-level is astounding.

Yeah it's pretty competent, shame the art direction makes the natural environments look too cartoonish for Sonic. The industrial areas look great though.

Is Amy a thot?

Amy is pure, so no

Amy is pure.

How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man.

no, pretty sure she's colorblind though because every male hedgehog looks the same to her until she sees their face

Don't judge. We all need to bump, it's natural.

There's quite a few in-level hype moments like this too. Infinite looking at your Avatar really stands out I'm just a little upset the game wasn't longer so we could get more shit like this. And really just a longer game in general.

Crossing my fingers for more DLC.

>Side boob
wew
Amy is cute even when lewd.

Were they, specifically Sonic, intended to have two eyes before? It would come off as jarring for them to suddenly have two eyes. Plus, hedgehogs aren’t the only cyclops-eyes creatures (Vector, Charmy, Mighty)

Give me Episode Metal Sonic, Episode Silver and Episode BoomAmy

Hey user, Sonic should use his shields and invincibility boxes for problem solving puzzles and bosses instead of as simple power ups.

I would like that. Give me some Omega, Chaotix, & Knuckles episodes

I feel like if they added one or two extra hair types would make this a lot better. Hell, just make them unlockable and I'd still be fine with it.

It's really bad that I would actually pay for DLC just so I could have a few more hair and body options.

They said that any extra DLC would be free, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

The true irony is that this is still a better Sonic Reboot idea than Sonic Boom.

What isn't better than Sonic Boom?

>when you get on booru to things like Scratch cosplaying bayonetta and cosplaying her too good or human versions of nearly all robots of eggman from td with metal to cubot and orbot which surprisingly decent too or D-sized "Sage bomb" which is just her dream, including smol flat phat Bump
And I only just getting to 1/3 mark

Generations did it

>make a sonic game incredibly slow with puzzle solving
FUCKING GENIUS PITCH THIS TO SEGA. SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD AND THIS GUY KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT.

It's really not

Hilarious.

As much as I want to believe that, it probably would be paid DLC. I can see maybe like two or three new clothes being free but not hair or body types.

Nah

Not really. Boom was bad in execution not concept.

Will it go up on the eShop at midnight?

Sonic 06.
I'd take an okay 2D Indie puzzle game than a shitty Jack and Daxter clone.
If if they had managed to make it the way they wanted to it would have still been a mediocre 3D game at best.